The Joy Behar Show on HLN

• Please log in to reply

767 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

Current was taken off Time Warner in NY immediately. Joy was tweeting about being in LA to interview the Shahs of Sunset, Mel Brooke & Carol Reiner etc, but those interviews never aired here. I bet she's really pissed.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Did Joy mention anything on Leno last night. I really hate that she lost this chance - the interviews were so good - and I really hate that Al Gore sold out. Hope she gets a lead on a new station with the same format...

helenbaby

helenbaby

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 12:58 PM

Did Joy mention anything on Leno last night. I really hate that she lost this chance - the interviews were so good - and I really hate that Al Gore sold out. Hope she gets a lead on a new station with the same format...

Gore only had 20% interest in Current so it wasn't his fault solely, but yeah, I'll miss Joy's show.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:14 PM

Yes, Joy did mention the ownership change when Jay asked her about it. She also mentioned that Glenn Beck wanted to buy the network but didn't get it. Joy said Glenn Beck would be worse. She said she didn't care who she worked for. If Joy was pissed she hid it very well. A funny bit with Jay was when he asked her how old she was she responded with a F**k you then made a comment that people could go on the IMDB page to find out. She recently had a birthday. Love when Joy can be herself and be funny without dealing with The View cohosts fighting for airtime.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2013 @ 6:19 PM

It's still scheduled here in Chicago on Comcast. Looks like the Sunset Shah guys are interviewed on Tuesday, with Betty White as the other guest.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 2:05 AM

Is there not a thread for Joy's Current show?

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2013 @ 3:24 AM

made a comment that people could go on the IMDB page to find out

Born: Josephina Victoria Occhiuto
October 7, 1942 in Brooklyn, New York, USA

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2013 @ 9:59 PM

Not surprisingly, Current is in major flux. Last week, there was a new Joy Behar show on Monday. That show ended somewhat oddly when Joy said "see you tomorrow, or whenever". The State of The Union was on Tuesday and the schedule showed a preemption. I missed Wed and figured I would catch the Thursday show, which Current has always put on Comcast on-demand. Sure enough, it was there, but it was guest-hosted by Jerry Springer.

This week I tuned in for the 6PM PT episode of Joy, only to find stale documentary-dramas. I figured maybe the show had taken Monday off for the holiday. Then the same thing on Tuesday. That drove me to the their website where I saw that Joy's show was only scheduled for a single airing @3PM PT. Plus, the descriptions all cited "guest hosts". I just got home and found a new episode airing in the regular 6PM PT slot, guest hosted by Nancy Giles.

The View was dark on Monday, so maybe Joy scheduled two weeks off?

Edited by SanDiegoInExile, Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:00 PM.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:49 PM

The 19th she had Susie Orman on and there was another day when she had two good political guests that she has on often. I am loving her in this setting and hope she gets to stay.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:14 AM

The 19th she had Susie Orman on and there was another day when she had two good political guests

I found the clips on the Current TV website. They were brief and seemed not all that topical, ie they were maybe recorded 1-2 weeks earlier. The guest hosts seemed to be same-day programs. Monday starts a new week, so maybe we will get a full week of Joy.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile, Feb 23, 2013 @ 2:17 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:03 PM

Another possible piece of the puzzle?

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:05 PM

I went to CNN and sent them an email urging them to have Joy join their contributors. I miss her shows on Current (I'm one of the Time-Warner losers). Perhaps people who don't like her style have never seen doing her own show - she's an entirely different person...

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 12:23 AM

I miss Current running the midnight repeat of Joy's show. Too often the early (8pm) showing conflicts on my DVR with prime-time programming, so I've been used to catching it on the later recording.

Ugh, what a mess the new line-up is. I hope Joy finds another landing, and CNN would be wonderful.

park914

park914

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

We just got Current in our plan and I'm getting to watch Joy on week nights at 9 PM (we have Verizon FIOS).  Since she's been discussing Paula Deen, these must be new shows (altho' the one I saw last night with Brad Garrett and Richard Belzer was taped, maybe this past spring)).  I don't know where Joy is going next but I sure hope it's on a network we have in our latest plan.  I have truly missed watching her shows.  She's so much better on her own show than on The View (which I stopped really watching after Meredith left...could only take a few minutes of Whoopi, Sheri and Elisabeth before I had to grab the remote).

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:20 AM

Final new episode to air on Current @9PM ET on Thursday 08-01-13.

(I think reruns/encores will air until AJAM debuts at the end of August.)

Edited by SanDiegoInExile, Aug 1, 2013 @ 3:21 AM.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2013 @ 1:07 AM

It struck me tonight that one of the things I will miss most about Joy's show is the book recommendations.  She had such interesting authors on, and because of this show, I read a lot of interesting books that I ordinarily wouldn't even have heard of.  "The Center Holds" about the Obama campaign is one (I'm reading it now), several on life after death, and "Setting the Table" by Danny Meyer are the ones that come to mind.

Hurry back, Joy.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Aug 2, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

Final segment of the Current show.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2013 @ 7:37 PM

Joy tweeted today that tonight is the very last show ever on Current, a repeat of the last new show.

Buh-bye, Joy, hope you hurry back to the airwaves.