Continuity & Nitpicks: Bite Me, Details

• Please log in to reply

1121 replies to this topic

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

Lesson learned, always keep scissors in your dashboard.

circelily

circelily

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

I agree with Damon that Elena has a parade of vampires lining up. So why didn't any of them, um, restock her blood after Klaus drained her...

zizou

zizou

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 4:13 AM

I'm always annoyed when films do underwater scenes and the water is still and clear. It's a RIVER, dammit. There should be a CURRENT!

It was also night, Elena shouldn't have been able to see anything.
That scene was poorly done, in my opinion, this is probalby why it did nothing for me. I also agree that Stefan should at least have freed Elena from her seatbelt, it really makes no sense that he didn't.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:33 AM

The nitpicking that's been going on at the episode thread: why the heck couldn't Stefan save everyone in that damned car? both times? What happened to his super speed? Or if the super speed doesn't work, why didn't he cut Elena out of her seatbelt at least (I mean, she could still have died, tried to swim out, get stuck somewhere... or swam back herself if we're going with the "she died on purpose" route...)

That's one of my biggest nitpick. Why couldn't Stefan save both of them? I guess vamp speed doesn't work under water. However I still think Stefan should have freed Elena before continuing to rescue Matt. Better yet, how come Elena couldn't free herself from her seatbelts? was the water already rushing to her noggin?

In the flashback Elena told her mother that she left the party because Matt kept talking about marriage. Did I miss something? Do high school jocks talk about marriage at 17? I didn't know that marriage at 17 is a topic on a normal high school jock 's discussion list.

Speaking of things that are not normal. Rebecca is a tall blond cheerleader, so why would she have to compel a high school guy for date? What type of school are they attending?

speaking of dates. Shouldn't Matt be dating right now? Elena dump him over a year ago, and Caroline is now dating his best friend. Yet, Matt is still not dating anyone. shouldn't he be over Elena, or is he still secretly pining for her, as Caroline's comment seem to indicate? Caroline told Matt not to get any idea,and that Elena is vulnerable right now,and she didn't want to see him get hurt.

No# 1 nitpicks:

When Damon flashback to the first time he saw Elena. Didn't he seem more like season 3 Damon, than season 1? Season one Damon was a complete jerk, who treated all women who wasn't Katherine like crap. It's hard to believe that Damon met Elena first and didn't try to get with her,or stalk her.

Abby: Who help Abby do the spell to desiccate Mikael? I assume that Abby did the spell on her own, but now we know The spell involved stopping a human heart,and took someone to put their hands in his heart. So who's heart did Abby stop,and who put their hands in Mikael's heart? ..more importantly, what happen to the people who help her,and I wonder if one of them were a vampire?

Why did Rebecca call Stefan to tell him she was going to kill Elena? Why ? I see no reason for her to call him instead of just doing it outright. Also Rebecca really didn't kill Elena. She didn't do anything at all. All she did was stand in the middle of the road. That is no different from Damon lying in the middle of the road. So technically Rebecca didn't kill Elena. Since she had no idea when Matt swerve the car to miss hitting her, that him and Elena would wound up in the water.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 5:40 AM

She caused the accident so same difference. I think she called Stephan because despite what she "said" about wanting Elena dead so Alaric could die, she still "did" give Elena a fighting chance by calling Stephan in time to save her. Because Rebekah is just awesome like that.

Flashback!Damon was definitely not season 1 Damon who wanted to compel Elena and broke into her house and perved on her (as the "previously... does Elena like both of you worshipping on her altar (why does that line sound so dirty) constantly reminds us) so... no, I'm not buying it. It was a very lousy and unnecessary retcon, especially when we remember from the very first opener of Season 1 that Damon was probably lying on that road, waiting to Eat somebody.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

She caused the accident so same difference. I think she called Stephan because despite what she "said" about wanting Elena dead so Alaric could die, she still "did" give Elena a fighting chance by calling Stephan in time to save her. Because Rebekah is just awesome like that.

True...however I know everyone [in MF] is going to be hating on Rebecca because of it. Although if Elena is a really good person who will die for her friends,than she should have came up with the plan herself once she discover that Alaric die if she dies. All of Elena's friends always will to risk their lives for her. To die for her. So it seem like Elena would have offer to be turn in order to protect her friend she claim to love, instead of having them go on the run. Especially once she learn that Alaric was out to kill all of the originals.

That is my main nitpick with the show. They tell us that Elena is so great,and she will do anything for her friends. Yet they really do not show that. As a matter of fact although all of Elena's friends had been in danger at one time or another. You usually do not see Elena rescuing them. So far the only one I counted was Caroline. ( Damon and Stefan are not counted among her friend, since they are more than friends)

The only time the entire group got together to save someone other than Elena , was Tyler...and Elena wasn't involved since she was with Klaus and Stefan. When Caroline was taken hostage by Jules. Stefan,Damon and Tyler went to rescue her. Elena ,Bonnie and the rest was no where in site.

So now everyone going to be mad at Rebecca,( and probably Bonnie as well) just because she killed Elena to save her brother. Well, how many people have Damon and Stefan killed to save Elena? or to save Stefan? I recall Damon killing a little old lady to gain access into her house so he and Alaric could save Stefan. He also turned Bonnie's mother ( I recently rewatch the episode. Stefan thought that they had to kill one of them. KILL,not TURN. ) to save Elena. So how come everyone else can do what they must to save their family member,but Rebecca can't.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jun 1, 2012 @ 7:53 PM.
Boards on boards

rr2

rr2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Because they seem to believe that the rules don't apply to them like they apply to others.

I just can't help thinking that when they graduate someone from that group will be valedictorian for that school. We have never seen them study in that show.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 3:03 AM

I just can't help thinking that when they graduate someone from that group will be valedictorian for that school. We have never seen them study in that show.

Study ??! They hardly attend school. The only time you actual get to see them at school is if there a school dance,or fund raiser .

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

It seems to me that there's a continuity error in regards to vampires, possession and needing an invite.

In "The Last Dance", Klaus is possessing Alaric, and doesn't require Elena's invite to enter the Salvatore house (which has just been deeded to her). So you'd think what counts is the body itself, not the entity possessing it - Alaric is human, thereby allowing Klaus to enter while possessing his body*.

However, in the S3 episode (can't remember which, I wasn't following this awful season too closely) when Esther possesses Rebekah, she's able to enter that area in the Lockwood cave that's sealed against vampires. Apparently, on this occasion, what mattered wasn't the body (which belongs to Rebekah, a vamp), but the entity possessing it, non-vamp Esther. So which is it, writers? Does the need for an invite (or lack thereof) depend on the body, or on the person possessing it?

* And we can't fanwank something like "Klaus is so powerful that he doesn't need an invite to enter a house", because when he shows up on Liz' doorstep and offers to give Caroline his blood to save her, he does require Liz's invite.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

So which is it, writers? Does the need for an invite (or lack thereof) depend on the body, or on the person possessing it?

I'm guessing their response would be: 1. Magic! 2. Insert a Shocking! Twist! to try to distract the audience.

I'm sure the answer is "we didn't think about that", but if they have to weasel around it they'll claim there is a distinction between "vamp possessing a human" and "witch possessing a vamp", though I guess they could say that any form of possession negates the barrier. In other words, the barrier only works against a vampire body who is in control of his/her own actions.

emcmac87

emcmac87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

So I have been marathoning seasons 1-3 since my boyfriend has never seen the show and wants to be all caught up before the new season starts. So my question is that in the episode where we learn that the curse of the sun and the moon is really the curse on Klaus it is said that sunlight can not kill/does not effect an original but then when Rebecca is telling her families story and how they became vampires she says the sun did effect them and there mother eventually found away around it, which she says while looking at a ring on her finger. So do Originals also need daylight rings to be able to be in the sun or not?

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

So I have been marathoning seasons 1-3 since my boyfriend has never seen the show and wants to be all caught up before the new season starts. So my question is that in the episode where we learn that the curse of the sun and the moon is really the curse on Klaus it is said that sunlight can not kill/does not effect an original but then when Rebecca is telling her families story and how they became vampires she says the sun did effect them and there mother eventually found away around it, which she says while looking at a ring on her finger. So do Originals also need daylight rings to be able to be in the sun or not?

Good Question. It has never been clearfy, but I always thought that they used daylight rings to be able to go out in the sun. When Elijah first came back to life after Damon and Stefan killed him,and he was standing outside the coffee shop while Rose, Damon and that vampire geek were all inside talking about the original. He look like he was wearing a daylight ring. You can see it when he take a bunch of change from that guy,and again when he trows the change into the window of the coffee show. However I never notice if the other originals are wearing rings or not.

Nicpick No 1
In season 3 "Disturbing Behavior" , Klaus was looking for a necklace that was said to help him contact the original witch so he can ask her why he couldn't make his hybrid. Rebecca state that the original witch gave it to her before she died, so if she ever needed to get in touch with her. However The original witch, aka Esther , was killed by Klaus,and was dead before Rebecca got to the house. So Rebecca could not have talk to her mother before she died, since her mother would have likely told her that Klaus was the one who killed her. The necklace Rebecca got from her mother, was suppose to have been in the family for a long time. Rebecca had the necklace in the 1920, which means she have been wearing it since she was on the run from her father....yet, neither Klaus ,or Elijah recognize it?

Nicpick No#2 In episode 313 ""Bringing Out the Dead", The original witch is release from the seal coffin. It took to generation of Bennett witches to release her. However, if Klaus killed her, who was it that got the Bennett witches to preserve her body and seal the coffin? Did Klaus know she was alive inside the coffin?

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

So do Originals also need daylight rings to be able to be in the sun or not?

I believe they wear the rings so they don't burn, but without them they wouldn't die like a regular vampire, only burn. When Alaric was turned into a vampire like the originals he didn't have a daylight ring, and he burned while dragging Caroline through the parking lot.

Janieful

Janieful

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

So, in Season One we see Damon chowing down on a hamburger. Elena said, "I thought vampires didn't eat." He said, "They can eat; they just don't have to."

But now food is disgusting to a vampire, as evidenced in Elena's transition scene in the kitchen.

Which one is it?

Edited by Janieful, Oct 12, 2012 @ 8:42 AM.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

So, in Season One we see Damon chowing down on a hamburger. Elena said, "I thought vampires didn't eat." He said, "They can eat; they just don't have to."

But now food is disgusting to a vampire, as evidenced in Elena's transition scene in the kitchen.

Which one is it?

I noticed that too. My guess is that since she hadn't transitioned yet blood was the only thing that would taste appetizing, but I don't remember Vicki having the same problem. She ate a lot at Jeremy's when she was in transition.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

Alternatively, Stefan just made a lousy sandwich. Maybe the mayonaise had gone over.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Vicky was ravenous. Nothing could satisfy her... except blood.

zizou

zizou

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:29 AM

Why wasn't Klaus still dessiccated when Bonnie put his spirit back into place?

Edited by zizou, Oct 13, 2012 @ 3:30 AM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

TVD has shown us that Elena's senses were heightened. The light bulb was buzzing too loudly, and the kettle was whistling too loudly. I assumed that all five of her senses were heightened so it would make sense if her sense of taste was just as heightened, making everything taste overwhelming. Imagine the yeastiness of the bread multipled times a million or the saltiness of the meat amped up to the Nth degree. If every ingredient was at that level, I can believe that a sandwich would taste awful. It seems like once a vampire has some time to adjust, the heightened senses aren't as overwhelming anymore. I don't know if they're less heightened or if they just get used to it, but Caroline went through something similar and eventually stopped freaking out about that kind of stuff.

Sonicsean34

Sonicsean34

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

ElectricBoogalo

It seems like once a vampire has some time to adjust, the heightened senses aren't as overwhelming anymore. I don't know if they're less heightened or if they just get used to it, but Caroline went through something similar and eventually stopped freaking out about that kind of stuff.

I'd say that was a factor, but Damon also mentioned in the same season 1 conversation about eating that it was dependant on having fed on enough human blood, and obviously Elena hasn't had any since she is still in transition. (One of those many times in season 1 when the word "system" was used so often that it stopped sounding like a word! "Oh she has vervain in her SYSTEM!" "my SYSTEM is filled up on human blood!" it was nearly as bad as Champion on Angel in repetition)

Edited: I really shouldn't add sentences after I spell check in MS word, just asking for trouble!

Edited by Sonicsean34, Oct 13, 2012 @ 1:26 PM.

MerryMasquerade

MerryMasquerade

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2012 @ 2:19 AM

Wardrobe continuity: in 4x1, Rebekah gets staked and captured. Later, we see her in captivity with a huge cascading bloodstain on her shirt from the (now-healed) wound. But the shirt, despite being dirty, is clearly perfectly intact - the hole that the arrow should have made doesn't exist.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 7:02 AM

This is a minor NitPick. When Caroline first was turn by Katherine. The first thing Caroline was able to do was feed on a nurse. Than she is able to compel the nurse to forget that she fed on her. Caroline did all that upon turning. Yet, Elena has been hanging around Stefan and Damon since they first came to town, she been around vampire a lot more than Caroline, so how come Elena doesn't seem to know anything about being a vampire? Why did Caroline have to teach Elena how to compel April? Why is everyone treating Elena like she's a weaking?

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

Why is everyone treating Elena like she's a weaking?

Heh, because Elena is acting like a weakling.

Seriously, I think Caroline had to teach Elena how to compel April because watching Damon/Stefan/other vampires compel humans isn't the same as knowing how to do it yourself (for example, I watched my sister do a lot of gymnastics but I can't do most of the stuff she can do). And to be honest, the show never explained how compelling humans worked before this episode. We saw a lot of them do it, but it wasn't until this week that Caroline explained that the most important thing is for the vampire to believe what they're telling the human.

When Caroline compelled the nurse, she didn't know what she was doing. IIRC, she panicked and instinctively compelled her because she didn't want to get in trouble.

zizou

zizou

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

Why is everyone treating Elena like she's a weaking?

I thought it was just Stefan treating her like that. Unless you're referring to when she was starving but well, in that case she kinda was a weakling.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

When Caroline compelled the nurse, she didn't know what she was doing. IIRC, she panicked and instinctively compelled her because she didn't want to get in trouble.

..Yet Caroline who didn't hang around vampire as much as Elena did seem to have known how to act like a vampire, while Elena who have been around them much longer knows no more than Viki did. Stefan even had to teach he how to run real fast like vampires do. No one taught Caroline, yet she knew these things. It would seem like Elena would have learn something from being around Damon and Stefan for that long of a time. Yet she knows nothing at all. I also have a nitpick with Stefan trying to get Elena to feed on animal blood. last season Stefan was feeding on human blood because he no longer wanted to be weak,and he wanted to control his blood lust. So now he wants a new vampire to feed on animal blood although he knows that she need to feed on human blood to be strong.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

I also have a nitpick with Stefan trying to get Elena to feed on animal blood. last season Stefan was feeding on human blood because he no longer wanted to be weak,and he wanted to control his blood lust. So now he wants a new vampire to feed on animal blood although he knows that she need to feed on human blood to be strong.

I don't believe it's a moral issue to Stefan or a question of what he wants for her, although I agree it might play a part. Most likely, I think Stefan probably thinks poor, little delicate Elena is far too compassionate and kind to ever think of snacking on a human. It's Elena that says she doesn't want to drink human blood, so again, Stefan is just, once again, appeasing her.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

I also have a nitpick with Stefan trying to get Elena to feed on animal blood. last season Stefan was feeding on human blood because he no longer wanted to be weak,and he wanted to control his blood lust. So now he wants a new vampire to feed on animal blood although he knows that she need to feed on human blood to be strong.

This bugged me too, along with the fact Damon was pushing feeding off humans. Blood bags seem to work fine for Caroline and no killing necessary. Stefan seems to be the only blood addict around and shouldn't assume Elena would be like him.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 2:48 AM

Minor nitpicks:

When Tyler was talking to Klaus, he said that Klaus highjack his body,and kiss his girl. Uh, I thought Tyler knew about the body jack before hand. Didn't Tyler plan it with Bonnie? I mean, Klaus was desiccated , so it not like he really had a choice,or say so in the matter. All he could do was agree ,or disagree. So which one is it? Did Tyler know,or not?..and Caroline kiss Klaus.

The shows memory loss issues:

The white oak stake- Did Klaus and Rebecca forget that Damon have it?

Elena was all mad at Rebecca for causing the car accident. Did Elena and company forget that they tried to kill Rebecca and that they killed her brother?.

Rebecca apologize to Matt, which he didn't forgive her. Find. But did Matt forget that he plotted with Damon to kill her,and that he was the one who killed her brother Fin. Someone who was innocent?

Did Matt also forget that Damon and Stefan killed Viki and tried to kill him twice?

Did they all forget about Bonnie? She wasn't at school, and no one even mention her?

Nitpick 2:

Elena is 18, and she use to be April's babysitter?? April look like she is 16. What age was Elena when she baby sat for April? I mean, they look like they are only 2 to 3 years apart.

katsullivan

katsullivan

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 4:28 AM

Was the white oak stake a "normal" white oak stake or the "Super" white oak stake that Esther made with Alaric's Gilber ring when she turned Alaric to an Original? Wasn't that stake bound to Alaric and was supposed to be destroyed when he died? My brain is about to explode. I really can't keep up with this anymore.

They never mention Bonnie. Bonnie is, as someone described in her thread, a magic wand in a human shape. Why would you mention your wand when you don't need it for anything?

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Was the white oak stake a "normal" white oak stake or the "Super" white oak stake that Esther made with Alaric's Gilber ring when she turned Alaric to an Original?

It was the super stake, the only remaining weapon that can kill an Original. That is, until they find the Grandson of White Oak tree somewhere in the forest.

Wasn't that stake bound to Alaric and was supposed to be destroyed when he died?

The stake wasnt tied to Alaric. If hed accomplished his task of killing the remaining 4 Originals, its purpose would have been fulfilled and it would have become just an ornamental relic.