Archer: FX’s Answer to Xander Crews

• Please log in to reply

1296 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I don't get it. The space guy's whole plan was to bring in ISIS agents to take over the ship and get women on board? The only female that was slated to go was Lana . . . and you can only produce so many mixed-race kids (or black, in the case of the "magic unicorn") with her. While there are now four women in play . . . dude, if you wanted to start life on Mars, would you want Cheryl to play any part of that? Or Pam? And Malory's prime breeding days are over . . . though the thought of guys taking turns with her would kill Archer. But he might deserve to die, given that he was a bigger asshole than usual this week.

Great penultimate episode, though the thought of withdrawal looks bleak. Like Archer himself, if we abstain from watching new episodes, the accumulative hangover might kill us.

So is Lana pregnant??

By whom? There hasn't been any boyfriends shown, and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't banged Archer in a long time. Ditto with Cyril.

Seriously, thought, did anybody else think it was ham-handed to sneak Pam and Cheryl into the story? I know Herge did the same with Thomson & Thompson in "Explorers On The Moon," but it just feels forced here. Also, I'd like to think Pam was on top of Cheryl. Nothing sexual . . . just Pam's weight + several "G's" = Cheryl almost dying in a way that wouldn't make her orgasm

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Seriously, thought, did anybody else think it was ham-handed to sneak Pam and Cheryl into the story?

I was thinking the opposite. I was just thinking the episode was suffering from a lack of Pam and Cheryl right before they showed up.

Great ending, but my major phobia of vomiting (even in cartoons) severely curtailed my enjoyment of the episode.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

It was a little much getting everyone from ISIS into space, but at least they gave decent reasons for it. I mean, weightless sex? I'd be making sure my fuck buddy was onboard. Cheryl's so crazy too, I love it. She always seems to have a reason to take her clothes off.

I think they made Lana not able to cope with space because normally she'd be the only one who would have figured out that this could be a trap. Archer wouldn't care, because, space pirates. I hope she gets over it and she and Archer kick ass all over the station.

I doubt I was alone in seeing the plot twist coming, but that doesn't mean it wasn't well done. So now the only competent ISIS people (and I use that loosely, but Archer did take out most of the personnel while carrying Lana) are stuck as hostages in the bridge while Pam, Malory, and naked Cheryl who thinks she is going to a party, are the only ones who might be able to do something. Although I could see Archer do something crazy like hurtle the space station to earth and then get everyone to escape on the shuttle.

Kudos for the little detail of designing the ship with the rotating parts to explain the gravity. And how the guns worked. They even animated the charge meter on the side of the guns.

Seriously though, that was one of the best payoff lines to end a tv show ever. Wait, that was Bryan Cranston?!! I just looked at the credits.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

Great ep! Loved how poorly Lana reacted to low-gravity and how Archer made Cyril eat her floating vomit.

I don't get it. The space guy's whole plan was to bring in ISIS agents to take over the ship and get women on board?

I don't think they were sane.

Oh yeah, there is no "phase three" in the "zone of danger".

Frugalady

Frugalady

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

The closing line of that episode was epic.

So is Lana pregnant??

At first I thought the same thing but then like Lantern7 I started thinking, by whom? The last time we saw Lana hook up was with Archer. And that was in back in the episode where he had cancer. Hasn't quite a bit of time lapsed since then? Of course, this is Archer and nobody knows what year it is.

So what do you guys think Krieger is doing with Archer's blood? Daddy test maybe?

jackkerouac

jackkerouac

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

So what do you guys think Krieger is doing with Archer's blood? Daddy test maybe?

Evil Archer clone?

dougfir

dougfir

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I caught the Power Loader in the preview for next time!

I'm so hoping there'll be a variation on "Get away from her, you BITCH!"

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

So is Lana pregnant??-alexias75

By whom? There hasn't been any boyfriends shown, and I'm pretty sure that she hasn't banged Archer in a long time. Ditto with Cyril.-Lantern7

It is possible that Lana meet someone off screen and didn't tell anyone at ISIS?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

Blood? I am pretty sure there are better ways to get blood samples than via a dozen (or two) enemas.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

I think the blood and enemas were unrelated.

As for what he's doing with them...just being Krieger?

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

I would think the blood test is there for the purpose of Kreiger confirming if Jackov was Archer's dad, given that SOME DNA/body remains had to have survived the safehouse explosion. Kreiger might be doing it on the downlow since he knows Mallory would refuse to tell Archer the results or blatantly lie to him for whatever reason Mallory has to mindfuck her son for the lulz.

And I would not be so quick to dismiss Pam and Mallory as "not competent"; if anything, I would be scared shitless for the bad guys having left them all alone like that. If I was stuck in a "Die Hard" type situation, I would definitely want one of the two by my side. Mallory is a trained field agent remember, and Pam has shown herself to be quite capable of handling herself in dangerous situations (and proving to be quite dangerous in her own right).

I would love to see Pam go full-on John McClane on the bad guys next episode and have it end with her outing her affair with Archer and Archer, being reduced to male damsel in distress, being helpless to stop Pam from outing their forbidden love.

Ankai

Ankai

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

Pam, Malory, and naked Cheryl who thinks she is going to a party, are the only ones who might be able to do something.

Was Cheryl holding a piece of a space toilet?

Bungalow Joy

Bungalow Joy

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

Eeeeeehhhhh, I know it's a cartoon, but Archer killed two ISIS employees. Granted, they got their hearts starting again, but fuckin' fuckity fuck that!

Ankai

Ankai

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

Hey, if it worked in 24, it can work in Archer.

Also, I had not fully acknowledged that "lowly" is not normally the exact opposite of "highly" until this episode.

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

The animation of the space ship and the space station was awesome. As was the one for the "phasers". 

I don't get it. The space guy's whole plan was to bring in ISIS agents to take over the ship and get women on board? The only female that was slated to go was Lana . . .

The space guy wanted the ISIS crew to help him get control of the station. One of them being a woman was a bonus. Lana and Cheryl stowing away was and unexpected but welcome surprise. Malory he probably brought along to keep her from interfering. 

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Holy Shitspace, this…everything was fantastic. Just name a noun. Or an adjective. Other Barry appearing right on cue justified that “this can’t get any worse” warning. The last five minutes of this (and Gillettegetting crippled again!) was totally worth missing out on a Cyborg/Spacebot space fight.

Krieger’s Van continues to kick ass. Which Rush album was on the side this time?

“You can kiss 3/5ths of my ass!”

Whordiot. You'd be surprised how often I could use it.

Hey, a shoutout to Pod 6 from Sealab! Speaking of Sealab, Cheryl would’ve been great friends with Capt. Murphy with her wishes to be Queen of Mars.

Loved the callback to adamantium and mithril. Why do I have the feeling Season 4 will feature Space Dwarves?

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:47 PM.

johntfs

johntfs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I loved Cyril swinging the shuttle around to destroy Barry's ship to trap him there. Also, "ravages" or not, Lana looked super-fine. I would totally have Martian babies with her.

DashDixon

DashDixon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

The Warriors reference alone made this episode awesome.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

Elaine: One of these days, something bad will happen to you. [pause] IT HAS TO!!!

Jerry: No, I'll be fine.

That exchange from Seinfeld pretty much sums up the show for me. Even though Archer has been through shit (ass-whumpings from Barry, cancer, the paternity claim), those around him usually pay the price for his asshole ways. Then again, we can blame Cyril for not thinking to cut off the oxygen to Archer's suit. Crazy McMartianpants thought of that . . . why not Cyril? But no . . . everybody else gets fucked up, Ray winds up in the wheelchair again (for reals this time?!?), but Archer has no visible scars. Oh, and he has a goat now. Poor Woodhouse.

Also, "ravages" or not, Lana looked super-fine. I would totally have Martian babies with her.

While I'm thinking about it . . . what was with Lana last week? Maybe she is preggers, and it'll get brought up early next season? Also, why was she wearing high heeled boots last week?

Hey, a shoutout to Pod 6 from Sealab! Speaking of Sealab, Cheryl would've been great friends with Capt. Murphy with her wishes to be Queen of Mars.

Forgot all about Sealab 2021 and the "Martian Law" episode. The reference I kept thinking of was the "Black Bush" sketch from Chappelle's Show. "M-A-R-S. Mars, bitches! Red rocks!!"

I loved Cyril swinging the shuttle around to destroy Barry's ship to trap him there.

Yeah, leave the psychotic asshole with bionic parts on a space station full of potential rape victims and corpses. That's not gonna bite ISIS in the ass, right? [/sarcasm]

Edited by Lantern7, Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:45 PM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Yeah, leave the psychotic asshole with bionic parts on a space station full of potential rape victims

Do you think Barry'd willing have sex with Trish?

johntfs

johntfs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

While I'm thinking about it . . . what was with Lana last week? Maybe she is preggers, and it'll get brought up early next season? Also, why was she wearing high heeled boots last week?

She was space-sick. Nausea in a woman doesn't automatically mean she's pregnant, especially in a situation that involves motion sickness.

Yeah, leave the psychotic asshole with bionic parts on a space station full of potential rape victims and corpses. That's not gonna bite ISIS in the ass, right?

ISIS is nothing if not selfish and thoughtless. Most likely Barry will enslave the scientists and turn the station into an orbital death ray or something.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

johntfs . . . the motion sickness angle should have been played up, so that guys like us wouldn't immediately think "knocked up." And if she was pregnant, I bet the crash landing would've ended that. Unwittingly performing an abortion . . . you know, that is so Archer.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

the motion sickness angle should have been played up, so that guys like us wouldn't immediately think "knocked up."

I thought they made it perfectly clear that Lana's Kryptonite is space sickness.

Unwittingly performing an abortion

Miscarriage.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

They bookended a really strong season with two great stories, sea pirates and then space pirates! Having Lana running around practically naked was pretty funny. I have to think the guys were just giving her shit because she looks fine to me. I also liked Pam getting in on the resolution to be good too.

I really hope next season that there is some continuation of Barry being trapped on the space station. Given that ISIS ditched the scientists too, I'm hoping they all harness that resentment.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Archer's Russian fiance who Barry stole from him will probably save the astronauts and Barry.

It would be funny to see ISIS being sued throughout next season for the space station debacle. Barry knows how to really hurt the Archers and having him lead the astronauts in a class action lawsuit for ISIS stranding them like they did would make for a nice season long arc.

Edited by BakerX2, Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:28 PM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Archer's Russian fiance who Barry stole from him will probably save the astronauts and Barry.

It would be funny to see ISIS being sued throughout next season for the space station debacle. Barry knows how to really hurt the Archers and having him lead the astronauts in a class action lawsuit for ISIS stranding them like they did would make for a nice season long arc.-BakerX2

I can't see Bionic Barry (BB) suing ISIS (that might have been the old Barry, but not Bionic Barry). I think it is more likely that we could see Bionic Barry raising an army of disgruntled scientists, from the space station (but weren't those people already set to leave Earth, live in an already sustainable environment, and were to eventually settle on Mars?), and raiding the ISIS building next season. In addition, if Katya realized that Bionic Barry did go to the space station to fight/kill Archer she would be very upset. We already heard her, on the radio, saying that BB already promised (to her) that he will not try to fight/kill Archer anymore. So when she finds out that BB lied to her she will be upset at him.

On another note, did Bionic Barry mentioned that there was two of him (like a clone or something)? I could swear that I heard him saying something like "Bionic Barry #2" or something (or I could be just hearing things)?

Although, I loved this episode and I love how Ray is now in the wheel chair (and quite possibly for real, this time) and that we got to see more "Bad Ass Pam." Plus seeing Archer doing something that wasn't selfish for the first time (by not opening the "space doors" and fighting with BB) was just great and then he screwed up by crashing the space shuttle.

Edited by TVspectator, Mar 23, 2012 @ 11:58 PM.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:41 AM

On another note, did Bionic Barry mentioned that there was two of him (like a clone or something)? I could swear that I heard him saying something like "Bionic Barry #2" or something (or I could be just hearing things)?

There's not really two of him; Barry just talks to himself weirder than most people, in that it takes place as a conversation between Barry and "Other Barry." But Barry is just one guy speaking for both parts of the conversation. "Isn't that right Barry?" "It sure is, Other Barry."

ferrisave

ferrisave

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Dash

The Warriors reference was everything for me.

Killing a Black astronaut is like killing a Unicorn.....i laughed for a good 5 minutes at that line.

I know it's a cartoon but Good Lord Lana's body is awesome. I couldn't stop staring at her.

As always, this show is awesome.

johntfs

johntfs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

but weren't those people already set to leave Earth, live in an already sustainable environment, and were to eventually settle on Mars?

The scientists weren't in on the plan. That's why the mutineers locked them up.

The black astronaut like was funny, but it would've been funnier if the promos for the show hadn't spoiled it.

Edited by johntfs, Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:59 PM.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

There's not really two of him; Barry just talks to himself weirder than most people, in that it takes place as a conversation between Barry and "Other Barry." But Barry is just one guy speaking for both parts of the conversation. "Isn't that right Barry?" "It sure is, Other Barry."-Chrysaor

Okay, thanks and that makes more sense.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 4, 2012 @ 11:03 PM.