11-30: 2009.09.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

215 replies to this topic

uwbadgmad

uwbadgmad

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:37 AM

I'm so happy Jordan won and Jeff won the $25,000. This will be the second season that the contestant I liked won!

On the "Early Show". Jeff did say something about Jordan not paying any attention to him when she won and Jordan said it was because she was in shock and overwhelmed by her win. When Julie asked Jeff about winning the favorite contestant money, he said it must because he got a good edit by the show.

mike

mike

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:39 AM

Here's an interesting statistic: the HOH Part 3 "finish the juror quote" quiz has been used in the last 7 BB series, and over those 7 years, the results are 39 right answers, and 43 wrong!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the most important competition of the year, one that decides who gets $500K, who gets $50K and who gets nothing, is nothing more than a coin-toss! In fact, I'd love it if one of the quiz-takers brought a coin out with them to determine their answers, that's how much of a crapshoot it is.

You'd think they'd come up with something better than this...

fallgirl

fallgirl

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:39 AM

I disagree with those who say Kevin deserved to win or that so-and-so deserved to be in the final 2,3,4. Nobody deserved to advance at any point in the game. As a game, it's x parts strategy, y parts gameplay (social and competitions), and z parts luck.

Jordan secured Jessie's vote (and maybe Lydia's) when she said: I got myself here. I won the last two HOH comps--first by beating Natalie and then by beating Kevin. Did you see Jessie's eyes widen when she said that? He looked temporarily not bored. So she got his attention and gave him a reason to vote for her. Good argument and good speech -- it secured the win for her.

I disagree with those who whine that the producers were manipulating everything to ensure a win for J/J. The producers didn't render Kevin unable to add. The producers didn't shoot the ball for Jordan in previous comp; and the producers didn't make sure that Jordan (unlike Natalie) accounted for a ball falling into the wrong hole and proceeding to get 9 out of 10 right.

Keeping all 3 in the house until the final night was not a bad twist -- it left some suspense and had everyone figuring different scenarios. It also kept the JH in the dark a little longer to consider the merits of the 3 remaining HGs. Thus, when they talked of gameplay, it was clear that most were considering Kevin the strongest remaining player. It followed, then, that if someone took Kevin out, that person was worth considering. Jessee said once that Jeff was worthy for having evicted Jessee. It's important to remember that during the JH deliberations, they had no idea that the final comp was going to be between Kevin and Jordan--perhaps they all assumed that Jordan would be the one waiting for K/N to duke it out; but so what. That's what made Jordan's "I got myself here" so stunning and stupendous.

Jordan deserved to win. Kevin did not.

Edited by fallgirl, Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:15 AM.

akksgurl

akksgurl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:48 AM

He probably would have lost to Michele. I think he would have lost to anyone but Natalie.

But he'd at least have made it to the final 2. And I think he might have beaten Michelle even though it would have likely been very close (Jeff, Jordan, and Russell would have likely voted for Michelle) but I think Kevin would have gotten America's vote, Jessie's, and Lydia's. Natalie would have been the tie-breaker and she'd likely have given it to Kevin regardless of how she left the house (thanks to him or thanks to Michelle) since she hated Michelle. Against Natalie, he'd have won given how we know the votes went now. I think the only person he'd have lost to would have been Jordan thanks to America's Vote. It likely would have been:

Kevin: Jessie, Lydia, Russell
Jordan: Jeff, Michelle, America's Vote

Natalie would have been the tiebreaker depending on how she went out. If Kevin evicted her, Jordan would have won. If Jordan evicted her, Kevin would have won.

I don't get this idea that Jordan played a bad game and didn't deserve to win. The point of Big Brother is to get yourself to the end and win. Jordan did that. There's no rule saying you have to win comps or anything to do that. Dr. Will's a perfect example. Yeah, she kind of floated but she won important comps at the end and made the right final eviction decision. She and Natalie's games were both very similar with one major exception. Jordan stepped it up when push came to shove while Natalie expected to be carried all the way to the grand prize. They both hid behind the bigger targets and let them duke it out. Personally, I think the floater strategy is the smartest one because inevitably the players who play the hardest are the ones dropped the soonest. Dan figured that out and that's why he changed his strategy to playing the "weak" player and ultimately won the game. Float until you can't float anymore and then pull out the stops and win. That's, IMO, a good strategy.

Edited by akksgurl, Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:50 AM.

Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:51 AM

Michelle asked the pointed question to Natalie about being only 18 and engaged because I think they jury wanted to see if she would fess up about her age. She didn't. While I don't think her age made a huge difference in the jury's decision, they definately wanted to see if she would keep lying.
Natalie and Jordan, atleast to me, did have similar game plans or atleast similar games (I don't know how much planning Jordan actually did). They both aligned themselves with strong players. Say what you will, Jeff was able (and willing) to make big moves and Jordan was able to stay in the background. Jeff even told her as much, to let him take care of it. I don't feel like that was a "showmance" move, but more Jeff knew he could trust her and wanted to keep her safe.
Natalie on the other hand started with Jessie, moved on to Kevin and tried to work pretty much everyone else. Great strategy but only if you can do so without being cocky and generally disliked. And nobody really trusted her.
I am so happy with a Jordan win because I admit, I loved the Jeff and Jordan pairing. They cracked me up and while not perfect by any means, thought they were likeable. I would've been equally happy with a Kevin win but really, so many of these comps are luck that it became anyone's game.
And I was hoping for a great Jeff/Jordan moment at the end but didn't think much of it because I knew the second she saw her family, she would be all over them. Then she was generally bum rushed by the houseguests.

And props to Lydia, "I love a good blonde". Color me stunned Jordan got her vote and Jessie's! I think Jessie felt he got Natalie to where she was and was pissed because he didn't get the props. Or maybe it was simply because he voted based on who he thought was the nicest? Whatever the reason, I am thrilled with the result. No matter the strategy, if you get to the final 2, you deserve to be there.

kiki38

kiki38

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 9:59 AM

Jordan just seemed a little rehearsed, like she already knew the questions, but maybe I'm imagining things.

I think this is far more the fault of Gnatalie's inability to do two things: 1) She is not good at any kind of non-conversational speaking. I mean, her DR's were done in a manner similar to a 5th grader reading a book report, and 2.) She had lied so much and was patenty unable to turn it off, but yet was trying to not out any of her lies, so when you are trying to cover lies with lies without using the word 'coattails', and trying to maintain the appearance of being 'a fierce competitor' who barely won anything, she really had squat to go on.

Jordan at least had to know she'd get tagged on the 'Jeff carrying you' angle, so she had to have prepped herself for that line of questioning. (Her Russel fight probably solidified her awareness that many saw her as Jeff's 'sidekick', so to speak.) Gnatlie had lied so much, in both sensible-game-playing ways and WTF ways, she couldn't plead a decent case, since she, herself, probably didn't know what that case was.

Edited by kiki38, Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:05 AM.

bucwild

bucwild

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

Kevin wasn't going to win unless he won final HOH and took Natalie. Jeff, Michelle, and America were never going to give him their votes if he was up against Jordan. Nat would have also voted against him for kicking her out. The same scenario plays out even if Michelle had been in Jordan's place. In that case, Russell's vote would have also been added to Michelle's vote total.

Looking back on the season, I think Michelle (and her killer legs) would have been better off if she had nominated Russell and Jeff when she won HOH right after the coup d'tat was played. Chima would have become an unconditional ally of Michelle for getting out either one of Chima's biggest enemies at that point in the game. Michelle would have become the alpha female and would have owned the game. Instead she became one of Jeff's lackeys. That completely turned me off on Michelle.

I also would have loved to see Laura stay further in this game. I'm a boob man so on a superficial level I was disappointed she was gone after week 2. She appears to also have a good head on her shoulders so I assume she would have played the game hard. Her only problem was that I don't think any of the alpha males were buying what she was selling. As an earlier poster stated, bringing Jesse back really killed her game.

I agree with your opinions about Laura. She was a boob girl in a season in which the alpha males were more into big bottoms. Michele made many mistakes in the game, so it was hard for me to root for her. In a season in which a women won, it mostly consists of women playing for and avenging men. You had women who wanted to DOR for a man (Lydia, Jordan), women who let physical attraction destroy their game (Lydia, Michele),and riding coattails of a man (Jordan, Natalie) I'll always have a soft spot for Kevin because he exposed the lengths that production would go to favor and keep certain HGs in the game (I also loved his DR commentary). I also wanted to give a shoutout to Russell for being the better man out of the three alpha males in the jury house and deliberations. As far as strategy players go, this was one of the worst seasons ever. I don't have any problems with who won because I knew who was going to win and why.

Edited by bucwild, Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:22 AM.

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

Jordan won when it counted. Natalie "chose" not to win, or more like couldn't win when it mattered. She dropped in the first comp. Then, for such a smart player, she got totally befuddled on the list of HOH winners. Oh, excuse me, the ball went in the wrong hole and distracted her from rolling all the rest of her correct answers in (sarcasm). Natalie is just lucky that Jordan pulled off the tie-breaker and took her. If Kevin had won she'd have been left sitting behind.

Natalie's question answers and speech had the same amount of bull-crap, insincere kiss ass and egoism that marked her personality through the game. Sure Natalie considered Lydia a real competitor. kiss, kiss, kiss. Jordan, was Jordan. Her delivery was filled with ums, and ya knows, but the content was sincere and straightforward. I was so proud of her winning the contests and taking herself to the finale. Jordan may be goofy and sweet, but she was good at reading situations and people, which also got her to the end. She and Jeff were taken in by some Natalie lies and put up Russell, which had Jeff ousted the next week. But Natalie made mistteps too.

All in all, Jordan deserved to win because she played some under the rader, won comps as well and managed not to make die hard enemies.

I hope she and Jeff go to Hawaii. Yes, he's a little old for her, but I really love how he protected and looked out for her in the game. She was sturdier than Jeff gave her credit for, and she played great on her own. But it's nice to know chivalry isn't dead.

Edited by sweetpd7, Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:06 AM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:08 AM

I thought the best part of the night was the shot of Evil Dick in the audience

I liked that too, IMWilker...and not just "in" the audience, but in the midst of nowhere in the audience. Nowhere special; no one special, just a face in the crowd. Think he was happy about that?

I think Jessie felt he got Natalie to where she was and was pissed because he didn't get the props.

No one likes to get played, especially a male with the Ego of Jessie. I think Lydia planted lots of bad seeds (pun intended) with Jessie when she arrived at the Jury House. I also saw Jessie's face when he learned Natalie's engagement was real. The dude felt used...was used.

Poor ig-nernt Jessie...thinking that mentioning his favorite part of BB was all the women in the house was going to make him appear hot, masculine, experienced...whatevah!

Shadowcat2576

Shadowcat2576

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:17 AM

I think ultimately everyone underestimated how much the jury opinion shifted against Nat. I was pretty clear from what we saw in the JH meeting, that Jordan and Kevin were the main focus, maybe edited that way, but that Nat was pretty quickly dismissed my most of the jurors. Going on what the people in the BBH had to go on, Nat should have been seen as: Jessie loyal pitbull, Lydia's alliance mate and someone that didn't help get Jessie out of the house, a sometimes Russell allie and at least not closely tied to his eviction and Kevin's final alliance.

I really thought before all the JH stuff that anyone taking Nat to F2 was setting themselves up for 2nd place. I definately think Kevin felt that he would lose to either of the women. Nat had the stronger allies, plus J/J/M most likely in his mind would vote against Kevin. In reality this was the least bitter jury in a long time

In the end I was hoping for a Jordan/Kevin final just because that was the most wide open could-go-either-way vote. I'm sure the Jeff and America's vote would have been Jordan's as well as Michelle's, and Lydia was a sure Kevin vote, but I was really interested to see how the other 3 would have voted. I think Jessie and Russell would have voted for Kevin for getting Jeff out and Nat would depend on how bitter she was.

GPBurdell

GPBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:31 AM

Last night had the potential of having the best moment in BB history.

Assume Lydia had voted for Natalie and Julie read the votes in reverse order:

Julie starts reading the votes:

America's vote: Jordan, Jordan leads 1-0
Kevin: Natalie, Tied at 1 vote apiece
Michelle: Jordan, Jordan leads 2-1
Jeff: Jordan, Jordan leads 3-1
Russell: Natalie, Jordan leads 3-2
Lydia: Natalie, Jordan and Natalie are tied 3 votes apiece

With the votes tied at 3, Jesse's vote will break the tie and determine the winner of BB11.

Natalie jumps out of her seat, starts screaming "I won, I won, this is for you Chima, I won, I won" etc.

Julie tells her to sit her *** down and reveals Jesse voted for Jordan and Jordan wins BB11.

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:38 AM

Cracked me up that Jordan acted like she actually had a strategy. She is a dim bulb-(isn't she the one who wrote 250 down in that one challenge-I was like WOW....no words for the dimness). She latched onto Jeff and got very lucky at the end. No harm in that, but don't pretend you had a calculated strategy.

Edited by Cockapoo2, Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:39 AM.

sweetpd7

sweetpd7

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:39 AM

I was pretty clear from what we saw in the JH meeting, that Jordan and Kevin were the main focus, maybe edited that way, but that Nat was pretty quickly dismissed my most of the jurors.

I forgot to put this in my earlier post. It actually made me afraid for Jordan. During the live eviction, BB always finds DRs that make it look like the evictee will stay and the HG that's safe will go. So there will be some kind of suspense, when many of the audience knows exactly who is going. The fact the JH was so blatantly negative to Natalie made me fear they might be lulling me into thinking Jordan is a shoo-in, when the JH will vote for Gnat instead. So glad that wasn't the case. The editors probably couldn't find much Natalie positive statements, so they chose to show how disparaging the jury was to Natalie.

As much as I hated her, I didn't mind Russell's vote. It was his opinion Natalie outplayed Jordan, so that's cool. I don't think Kevin's vote was because Jordan didn't take him (although Gnat would have voted this way if Jordan didn't vote to take her.) Kevin also admired Nat's strategies.

fallgirl

fallgirl

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 10:51 AM

When it took Natalie soooooo long to emerge from the BBHouse...

...did anyone else wonder what she was stealing?

yazoodelta

yazoodelta

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:04 AM

I was most annoyed with the studio audience. During the final competition, there was an excessive amount of cheering whenever Jordan moved ahead but crickets when Kevin caught back up. What were those people on? Kevin was a way better player than Jordan. He totally deserved to win over her. Jordan only survived the game because everyone thought she was a joke and to some extent IS a joke (She certainly has a knack for wining tie breakers though). I wonder if people wanted him to lose because he is gay? And I don't buy that she was very nice. She was often bitchy in the house. I now wonder what America voted if Kevin and Jordan were final 2. Does anyone know?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:14 AM

I wonder if people wanted him to lose because he is gay?

I sincerely doubt it. Just like I doubt that the majority of people didn't like Nat just because she isn't white.

I now wonder what America voted if Kevin and Jordan were final 2.

I think there's very little question that America voted for Jordan in that scenario.

I was ABN, so the finale worked for me.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:16 AM.

meritas

meritas

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:27 AM

I wonder if people wanted him to lose because he is gay?

I think people wanted him to lose because he was aligned with Natalie.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:29 AM

I was so disappointed when I heard that Jordan was not going to take Kevin to the F2 and I'd hoped that Kevin would be the one to make the decision. I really did not want Natalie to win a damn thing. However, it was sweet to see her lose the 500K and to see her not get Jessie's vote. That was a shock to me. Lydia's vote was not a shock though. Lydia was upset about how Natalie lied about her age after they had bonded. Lydia takes those things seriously, apparently.

Natalie did manage to make me hate her more than I hated Jessie and I wouldn't be mad if he showed up on another season. Not that I'm asking anyone to make that happen, but I wouldn't be as upset about it as I was to see him this time around. There's a video of him explaing why he didn't vote for Natalie that helped me like him a little more too. This season really is like bizarro world.

I fast-forwarded through most of Jordan's speeches because I just could not stand the sound of her voice and she kept going on and on. And I also think she should have picked a different outfit to wear because I was distracted by her pulling it down over and over.

Anyway, of the two, I'm glad that she won in the end. She may not have had a GOOD game plan coming in to the house, but she really managed to pull it together and get herself to the end all on her own. Kevin and Natalie made a big mistake by underestimating her and for that, they lost.

There will always be a part of me that wishes that Natalie had never made it to the final two. She may not have voted for the person who evicted her, but she would not have been able to sway her best friends Jessie and Lydia (I'm guessing that's one of the people she was thinking of having for sure votes from) to vote against anybody.

yazoodelta

yazoodelta

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:31 AM

Just like I doubt that the majority of people didn't like Nat just because she isn't white

But I know why people didn't like Natalie. She was self-righteous. Kevin was funny and smart and entertaining. Someone upthread suggested that America voted for Jordan because she had big boobs, but i can't imagine that is the reason why. I'll just assume its part of the whole Jeff love America had going on. Because otherwise there is no accounting for it.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:34 AM

And I think he might have beaten Michelle even though it would have likely been very close (Jeff, Jordan, and Russell would have likely voted for Michelle) but I think Kevin would have gotten America's vote, Jessie's, and Lydia's.

I don't think he would have had America's vote. Michele was seen as an underdog. Michele also played for Jeff, more than for herself, and since this season became all about Jeff, America would have been more likely to side with her.

Jordan secured Jessie's vote (and maybe Lydia's) when she said: I got myself here. I won the last two HOH comps--first by beating Natalie and then by beating Kevin. Did you see Jessie's eyes widen when she said that?

I think Natalie did more to secure Jessie's vote for Jordan than Jordan did. If I had been on the jury, Jordan repeatedly saying that would have made me consider not voting for her, because up to rolling a ball into a hole and getting a tiebreaker in a random competition, Jordan had been carried by Jeff. Even Jordan herself was weeping about how she should have gone and Jeff should have stayed. The main reason she stayed over Michele because she did a terrible job in the final 4 veto. When Jordan did have power in the game, she made odd choices, or the wrong choices, such as keeping Natalie and Kevin over Lydia, or telling Kevin he could not make the final 2 because he had already won $10,000.

What I end up thinking of who did or did not "deserve" the money I go back to who tried to quit and tried to get voted out because their love interest in the house was leaving. If Jordan had had her way, she would not even be in the final 4, much less the winner.

Jordan is a really nice person and one of the more likeable winners, but as soon as she repeatedly tried to quit I could never see her as deserving. Not that she needs my approval on how deserving she is.

Kevin was funny and smart and entertaining.

Kevin was aligned with people viewers hated. Kevin himself got out Jeff, which was unforgiveable in the eyes of many fans. I don't think he ever would have won a viewer vote, unless he was against Natalie.

Edited by steve91199, Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:10 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:36 AM

Had to work and missed the finale, so caught it online this morning.

Natalie got so busted! It was hilarious to have Ronnie, of all people, call her out on all of her crap, including the Russell lie and the age lie. It was even better to have Russell admit he missed a "key alliance" (ahem!) between Lydia and Jessie because he was running around the house yelling at people. He missed that because he got offended and focused on Ronnie. I wonder where he would have ended up if he'd shrugged it off and kept playing the game.

Jordan won. Not a suprise. Natalie's lies kept mounting up in the Jury House, and effectively killed her chances of winning. If I had one bit of advice for anyone, you gotta send people out of the BB house without them being able to compare notes. Be consistent, so when they go to JH, the evicted player only hears more of the same. Plus, being young and lying about your age is just dumb.

ETA: clarification.

Edited by AtlanticVamp, Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:38 AM.

GPBurdell

GPBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:51 AM

IMO, the reason why Natalie lost Jesse vote (and maybe Lydia's) was her truly awful performance in the S'Mor endurance HOH competition.

When Jeff played that video back, both Jesse and Lydia made a comment that Natalie was not even trying and she was relying on Kevin to win the hot chocolate challenge

Shadowcat2576

Shadowcat2576

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 11:53 AM

I was most annoyed with the studio audience. During the final competition, there was an excessive amount of cheering whenever Jordan moved ahead but crickets when Kevin caught back up. What were those people on? Kevin was a way better player than Jordan. He totally deserved to win over her. Jordan only survived the game because everyone thought she was a joke and to some extent IS a joke (She certainly has a knack for wining tie breakers though). I wonder if people wanted him to lose because he is gay?

I doubt the audiance was so much anti Kevin as just very pro Jordan. For better or worse, Jordan was America's Sweetheart this season and her winning the final HoH put her in the F2. Kevin's winning might have ment the end of her game. I fully agree that Kevin was the best player of the final 3, but best player doesn't equal well liked. Kevin got rid of Jeff and Michelle, two players the audience liked and his closest allies were BSC Lydia and lying-just-to-lie Gnat.

I'm sure that the K/J America's vote went to Jordan but the K/N vote probably went to Kevin. I doubt it had much if anything to do with him being gay, although I could see that beeing an issue with 1 or 2 jury votes.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

It would be one thing if she took Natalie because she knew she could beat Natalie, but it sounds like her reasons were personal and she was fortunate enough to have a jury who, without her knowing it, did not like or respect Natalie.

She said on at least three different occassions on the show (in the Diary Room, to Natalie after the comp, to the jury) that she thought a) Kevin won more competitions, and/or b) the fact that Kevin got rid of Jeff would give him more votes on the jury, most notably Jessie. Considering I saw her logically lay out all the voting scenarios to Kevin on the feeds, I don't think it's that great a leap that she was doing the same in her head, with slightly different results than what she gave Kevin.

I think bringing up Kevin winning $10,000 as a reason to boot him was just a clumsy attempt to soften the blow "well, you already have this much money". It doesn't necessarily follow that that is the only reason or even an actual reason she wanted him gone.

And I never really saw Jordan try to quit. It would've been very easy for her to actually quit - just DOR. She didn't DOR, she stayed in the house, still working with Natalie & getting reassurances from Kevin that he was keeping her before Jeff left.

Kevin did not 'deserve' to over Jordan. I love him, and wish he had won that last HOH, but he didn't. Therefore, he didn't deserve it. Jordan won it, so therefore she deserved it. It's pretty much that simple in my book.

Edited by katesus7, Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:30 PM.

KenR

KenR

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

After Maggie, Dick Donato, Mike Malin and Adam winning 6,7,8 and 9, I'm way OK with Dan on 10 and not too unhappy with Jordan at 11. BB frequently disappoints intensely with its loser-winners; a Natalie win would have been unfortunate. While I think Kevin played the best game, Jordan winning, proved me wrong -- for me, the person who wins necessarily played the best game.

This was a well cast group of personalities (by BB standards): Girl Next Door, Hero/Boy next door, brainy geek girl, large-breasted bikini model, evil gamer, party man-who-thinks-he's-still-a-party boy; flamboyant lovable queenie gay man, inky alledged bisexual girl, the A-est-ABW ever; stoner Spicoli type; hot-tempered jock, pathological liar grrl, and Jesse.

But this was not a great group of BB players: Casey, Laura, Ronnie, Russell and Michelle, Kevin and to a surprising extent, Jesse (at least based on last year's non-BB playing appearance) were the best players. Jeff stepped up to an all-power game 5 weeks in, while Lydia, Chima, Jordan, Braden didn't have a clue as to how it works. Losing Casey, Laura, and hateful Ronnie so early left just Russell as an active player and Michelle and Kevin who both played floater/uTR games for the bulk of time. While situation forced people to step up to the plate, it didn't really force them to actively work the game. Natalie's moves were great, but her execution was horrendous. She might have won by taking possession of her handiwork, but her refusal to do so made it look like she was a non-playing liar.

I thought Jordan was crazy to take Natalie, but she was dead on-- her strength was her instinct. Kevin could have -- and I think would have --owned the lies as Hail Mary plays that he ran down field with proudly (as opposed to Natalie who always cleaned her fingerprints off of everything she touched with deliberate farewell messages and bonding with people she crapped all over in front of too many others).

Whether from instinct or insight, Jordan NOT taking Kevin was a winning choice. (I did find it odd that Kevin missed the Lydia question [which Jordan got] and that Jordan missed the Jeff question [which Kevin got] -- suggestinng to me that the "jury house member sez" game sucks.

Also Ronnie... he merely turned the hi-beams he had focused on his exit to Michelle on Natalie. Look -- bright shiny hate object -- far worse than me. It's classic Ronnie -- villify someone else to distract from your own odious actions. It's the only moment in the entire season I actually felt Natalie got to taste some of her own game. Which I'm fine with, since I know there are a lot of flavors awaiting her on the outside.

I will miss Big Brother, but I need the real-world intervention. for many of us, between here, the feeds, various forums and the show itself, it's a little obsessive (ha -- I oxymoroned). Cleaning the episodes off the DVR and checking out of the only show one can live and breath 24/7, is like a rite of Summer's End. Time to hit reality until next summer's reality TV, ironically, takes me away (hee I did it again).

Edited by KenR, Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:31 PM.

weezer95

weezer95

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

And I don't buy that she was very nice. She was often bitchy in the house.

AMEN!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one of this opinion. And as far as everyone's 'whoa is Jordan she needs the money' crap, puuuhhhlease. The girl is walking around with how many hundreds/thousands of dollars of silicone, I can't really get behind the thought of she needs the money so deserves it more. I just picture the next time we see her, she'll have another boob job or maybe a little lipo or a nose job.

Schatzie

Schatzie

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:42 PM

Kevin probably would have won if he had been in the final 2. I was surprised Jordan won but very happy she did. Couldn't stand Natalie. That America chose the two nicest ones, Jeff and Jordan, gives me some hope that we haven't totally gone to the nasty side.

VioletMarx

VioletMarx

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 1:09 PM

And I don't buy that she was very nice. She was often bitchy in the house.

I'm not much of a Jordan fan, but I have to admit that she was a very kind person for a remarkably large percentage of her time in the house. Sequestered with a bunch of strangers and no access to the outside world for two months - you're gonna have a few bitchy moments on the 24/7 feeds. All in all, though, I have to say that she was a very decent person for the most part, IMO.

megswan

megswan

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 1:13 PM

Last season's finale was really satisfying in terms of the smackdown comments from evicted houseguests, and BB helped things along by providing clips, etc. This year's finale was less satisfying in that regard. I don't give a hoot about Natalie's lies... heck, it's BB. But her self-righteousness and downright ugly personality could have been explored/exposed better in the finale.

The only vote that shocked me was Kevin voting for Natalie. After her homophobic comments to him in the house? He'll probably think better of it once the dust has settled. Of the final 3, he would have had my vote had he not aligned himself with such awful houseguests. That he voted for Natalie just makes me all the gladder that Jordan won.

miss em

miss em

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

It was pretty amusing to watch how Jordan answered the tiebreaker question. Her facial expressions when drawing on the chalkboard indicated she had no clue and was guessing at the answer, whereas you saw Kevin thinking and actually appearing to try to calculate the answer. Even as Kevin said “I don’t know” you could see he was trying to figure out the answer. Jordan – “Oh, I don’t know either! OMG, blah blah blah”, gives a blank stare of utter confusion, and yet her answer is one off even though by all indications she was making a purely random guess and did not even seem to be applying logic. This seemed highly suspect to me and it looked like Jordan was acting, and doing it badly. Note that I no longer consider CBS above rigging these things after Evel Dick’s season, so it isn’t entirely unexpected. But I do have a hard time thinking she won fair and square.

Jordan is funny, and was entertaining with Jeff. However, Jordan just seems extremely fake to me, which in my opinion is why she comes across as so “nice” and “charming” and is how she won over America. But I could never really get on the Jordan train. I’m not sure how nice she is, but she’s obviously good at working people. I’ve read posts that credit her with only talking trash about people behind their backs; people like Jordan actually bug me the most because you might think you know where you stand with them, but they could be completely trashing you behind your back. For the purposes of this game, this was Jordan’s biggest strength, and yet I find it a very unlikeable quality IRL. It is the opposite of genuine, and yet I feel that Jordan won America over because she is perceived as genuine. Jordan wasn’t my favorite by a longshot, but, at least the money went to someone who needed it I guess.

I noticed Jordan mentioned she will give money to her aunt’s children, so they can go to college. But has Jordan been to college? I’d be really impressed if she uses that money to make something of her own life. $500k actually doesn’t go very far in this day and age, especially after the government gets its cut. And Jordan needs an education.