Vampire Diaries in the Media

• Please log in to reply

773 replies to this topic

vampirelust

vampirelust

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

I have to agree with this, this photo is just strange,

As a side note: I noticed, coincidently, Derek Hough is in this mag too!!! 

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 23, 2013 @ 11:45 PM

E!Online says there is going to be a new gay character introduced soon (it's Kristin's Scoop and Spoiler Chat column, but none of the TVD news is a spoiler). 

A new hottie is enrolling at Whitmore after winter break! And he'll be spending time with Caroline! Except he's so not into her in that way as Luke, handsome and sarcastic, is gay. And also happens to have a sister on campus, one that he will do (or sacrifice) anything to protect.

This show already has high levels of HoYay established ("50 Shades of Fanfic," indeed), so Luke has a lot to live up to. 

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2014 @ 8:08 AM

E!Online says there is going to be a new gay character introduced soon (it's Kristin's Scoop and Spoiler Chat column, but none of the TVD news is a spoiler). 

A new hottie is enrolling at Whitmore after winter break! And he'll be spending time with Caroline! Except he's so not into her in that way as Luke, handsome and sarcastic, is gay. And also happens to have a sister on campus, one that he will do (or sacrifice) anything to protect.

This show already has high levels of HoYay established ("50 Shades of Fanfic," indeed), so Luke has a lot to live up to.

I do wonder how long this character will last for. Its a shame one of the main characters e.g Jeremy or Tyler were not gay. I do remember rumors back in season 1 or early season 2 of making someone gay, but maybe it was just the Jeremy/Tyler fans hoping.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:18 AM

Ian and Nina won a People's Choice Award for on-screen chemistry. Yes, the irony.

Ian also won sci-fi/fantasy TV actor.

ETA: Elena on the red carpet

Elena taking a selfie with fans

Ian on the red carpet

another picture of Ian

Edited by ElectricBoogalo, Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:28 AM.

KatWay

KatWay

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 4:55 AM

Ian and Nina won a People's Choice Award for on-screen chemistry. Yes, the irony.

This award was basically given for last season right? Because I think their chemistry has been sorely lacking this season. I'm not much of a Damon/Elena fan, but I concede they always had great chemistry. This season? Meh.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 9:30 AM

Damon's being so extra douchy to Katherine they're trying to defend it.

http://blog.zap2it.c...-death-bed.html

PithyPeach

PithyPeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 4:42 PM

Wait, so now Katherine also compelled Damon to love her? WTF?

Is there no end to the retconning?????

vampirelust

vampirelust

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 6:10 PM

I think Ian is confusing his characters back story lol. I am not surprised with all the retconning and mis- writing of characters.

Ian, remember when Damon said;

"She never compelled me....It was real for me"

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 9:15 PM

Paul Wesley to direct episode 5.18

I guess they had to give him something to keep his interest now that Silas is gone.

truthaboutluv

truthaboutluv

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 9:22 AM

And they are re-igniting the triangle with this Katherine pretends to be Elena crap. Personally I would have been more interested if they'd made him write the episode to see what crazy ways he'd come up with to say that Stefan really, really is over Elena. 

Can't link properly on iPhone, but production on both TVD and The Originals has been temporarily shut down because of the winter storm in Georgia.

Edited by truthaboutluv, Feb 12, 2014 @ 11:14 AM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 10:43 PM

On top of the new gay kid, Luke (who they have cast), there are two new characters, including Enzo's love interest and a recurring character named Markos:

http://tvline.com/20...ris-brochu-gay/

So....new kid Luke has a secret agenda. Now, let's take bets on how long he's going to last. I'm going to say five episodes, tops, but probably less. Just because Josh on The Originals has lasted half the season without dying, doesn't mean anything for Luke. And since he seems to have no love interest in any of the main characters (or Elena....for now) means his chances are lessened. 

Enzo's love interest? Either she'll appear in a flashback during Enzo's last episode, or she'll be a recurring character for the rest of the season with her and Enzo probably dying in the finale. 

As for Markos, I have no idea what to think of him, except of COURSE he has supernatural origins. What person on this show doesn't? Seems he's being introduced as the New Big Bad, possibly carrying over to next season. I will say, though, since he's a Person of Colour, it doesn't bode well for him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's the Original Werewolf...or something. Just because we've seen every other Original creature. 

starfury303

starfury303

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 2:10 AM

According to that tvline link, Enzo’s love interest is the lab assistant from 1953. Which would make her around 80, if she was in college then. So either that storyline will be all flashback or else she must have become a vampire, because TVD doesn't really do romance for anyone who looks older than about 30. (which is actually sort of ironic, since TVD is technically full of wildly May-December romances between humans and vampires)

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

So, they introduced a cadre of new characters at the beginning of the Season, only to have them be mostly pointless and kill them off. The resolution is of course to introduce even more new characters in the final third of the Season. Jeeze, how about fixing your core cast characters first? Be it either by giving them a point or some decent character growth.  

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 12:02 AM

So....new kid Luke has a secret agenda. Now, let's take bets on how long he's going to last. I'm going to say five episodes, tops, but probably less.

White guy = 6-8 episodes.  Black = 4 tops.

Just because Josh on The Originals has lasted half the season without dying, doesn't mean anything for Luke. And since he seems to have no love interest in any of the main characters (or Elena....for now) means his chances are lessened.

It's only a matter of time before her Mary Sue vibes convert him to hetero.  Or if not that, then he'll become a platonic devotee.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 5:33 AM

Jimmy Fallon had Bradley Cooper, Tim McGraw, and Emma Thompson play charades. Brad had to get Emma to say "The Vampire Diaries" even though, as she says, she's British and doesn't watch television. Bonus: Jimmy and Emma trying to act out "Drunk in Love" by Beyonce. You can also watch part 1 of charades where Jimmy tries to convey Cool Runnings and Emma kicks ass at conveying "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles and Bradley Cooper is the only person in the entire studio who doesn't get it.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:12 AM

I'm not sure if this should be here but here it is. - Vampire Diaries' Caroline Dries on Damon's Deadly Disease, Future with Elena

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 10:44 PM

Exclusive Vampire Diaries Postmortem: Caroline Dries Explains Where Katherine Really Went - They realy send Ketherine to Hell.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 2:55 PM

"When I watch other shows, and I can smell it a mile away, I’m like, ‘Those f—-ers. They just threw that in to make a cool act or a cool cliffhanger, but they have no idea where that goes.’ As a fan and as a writer, I get really annoyed by that, because I think that they are taking their cues from the way television used to be constructed, and you just can’t do that anymore."
- JULIE PLEC

That woman really lacks any self-awareness.

truthaboutluv

truthaboutluv

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:03 AM

THR report from Paley Fest Panel.

So basically all I got from this is that the rest of the season will continue to be the suck-fest it's been so far. Damon and Elena continue their gross relationship, joy and Stefan does not get to be happy, no he gets to be miserable and tortured some more. Such fun. Oh and there will be a bone to Stefan/Elena shippers for more pointless triangle stuff. Yes all of this sounds so exciting *insert eyeroll*

Edited by truthaboutluv, Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:03 AM.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:56 AM

They gave nothing at PaleyFest that made the show sound better or want to watch.  Suck is the right word. I can't tolerate Elena sexing up Damon while they also expect me to believe that she cares about her brother, 

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 5:59 AM

Ditto, the questions are always shipper-related. A reason I dislike these panels, they are just so not worth it, unless your a die-hard fan wanting answers on your ships.

apgold

apgold

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:41 PM

I watched the livestream for this and TO and was disappointed in this panel, I thought the one for TO was better. 

Ian looked great but I think he really needed sleep b/c he wasn't making sense half the time or trying too hard to sound clever.  Nina's dress and hair were one big WTF and her comments weren't very insightful except the story about shooting in the rain and how she got sick, so working on this show is not very glamorous.  I think Paul Wesley came off the best and I enjoyed his thoughts on Caroline and Stefan, even though it was all about the shipping.  I kind of wish there were other cast members there, it was too focused on Stelena or Delena.

Caroline Dries doesn't act like an executive producer, even though that's her title.  I suppose it's b/c her boss Julie Plec, was sitting there so she deferred to her when questions were asked about where the show was going.

All of the screaming and the "I love you Ian, take a selfie with me" crap got old really fast. I am not a 15 year old girl and way outside the demo for this show, so I wish they would shut the hell up after a while. 

Edited by apgold, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:43 PM.

Chas411

Chas411

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 5:10 PM

Ian looked great but I think he really needed sleep b/c he wasn't making sense half the time or trying too hard to sound clever.

Ian always behaves like that in my viewing experience.

Most of the cast convention appearances he always takes over and talks endlessly to the point where the cast look as confused as the viewer by the end. I don't think he's even aware he's doing it. I think his stories go on for so long that he forgets his original point which is why half the stuff doesn't make sense.

scarynikki12

scarynikki12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 7:23 PM

All of the screaming and the "I love you Ian, take a selfie with me" crap got old really fast

It really does and it's how every.single.panel.goes.  I had to suffer through the show's panel at Comic Con last year (for a later panel) and it was this every damn minute, minus the selfie requests and it drove me nuts.  I did giggle at the outrage (OUTRAGE! I tell you!) when the same idiots, who spent 40 minutes of a 45 minute panel screaming about how much they want to do Ian, were told that they only had five minutes to ask questions.  Maybe shut the hell up next time and you'll get more time for questions.  Seriously, when the Supernatural panel, with it's legions of insane fangirls, is more peaceful and informative (and I don't even watch that show anymore!), there's a huge problem.  Of course, Ian and Plec tend to egg them on, so it's not entirely the fault of the audience but it's still a problem.