Vampire Diaries in the Media

• Please log in to reply

774 replies to this topic

cherrybomb1108

cherrybomb1108

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:15 PM

I thought that I would try starting this thread off right with an arrest story and some mug shots.

ETA - these mug pics are better than the first set

Edited by cherrybomb1108, Sep 11, 2009 @ 4:57 PM.

Davina

Davina

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:56 PM

You beat me to it. Just read this one.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 3:48 PM

Here's a cute interview with Ian Somerhalder from ew.com.

I like his enthusiasm for the character and his comments about getting slapped and kissed. Hee.

cjardine

cjardine

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 3:33 PM

'Vampire Diaries' Star Paul Wesley Wants To Show His Fangs

Paul Wesley, who plays Stefan, hopes that as the season progresses, fans will also get to know just how bad Stefan can be, if he put his mind (and fangs) to it.
"I love what the writers are doing now, creating these ups and downs," he told MTV News. "I love the fact that they're not making me the victim anymore."
"I don't want Stefan to be perfect," he explained. "He's still flawed. I just think it'd be kind of interesting to sort of slip up, maybe, and do something bad and go off the deep end. Sort of a role reversal [with Damon]."
"I just think there's a power shift going on throughout the season," Wesley observed. "I think that it's going to be a constant battle over who has control."

cjardine

cjardine

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

TV Guide photo shoot + interviews
Vampire Diaries Photo Shoot with Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley on Youtube

cjardine

cjardine

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 29, 2009 @ 8:06 PM

The LA Times blog has a new interview With Kevin Williamson. Apparently Nina and Ian both had lousy initial auditions, the series will explore more of the history of the town, Matt will also get more attention as the season progresses, as will Bonnie. Be warned, there are some spoilers although nothing major IMO. He also talks a bit about the transformation into a vampire:

"Everyone's transition is different in our mythology, and it really comes down to some key personality traits that just get magnified. All of her little addictions and quirks get magnified now that she's a vampire. It'll make for a very bipolar personality. In our mythology, when you're turning into a vampire, you're confused. Your addiction to prey and to feed is mixed into your emotions, like love and lust and desire. You always hurt the ones you love the most!"

Kevin Williamson talks about the future of 'The Vampire Diaries' and why high school is a 'horror movie'

And a cute article about the female cast of the Vampire Diaries:
'Vampire Diaries' Cast On Bonding Off-Set: 'We're All Nerdy & Completely In Love With Each Other'

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2009 @ 12:39 AM

2 sneak peeks from 1.09 "History Repeating".

Monkeyisland

Monkeyisland

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2009 @ 6:00 AM

Neither one of those work for me. These ones do though: Webclip 1 & Webclip 2.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

Bonnie's getting another relative:

[LUCY BENNETT] Early 20's.. HOT African-American, Bonnie's (Katerina Graham) cousin from out of town. A Virginia Tech college student that is wicked smart and is happy to let you know it. At first, she comes across as crass and in-your-face but look deeper and you'll see a wounded soul who's never really belonged. She is very guarded and mysterious and is not above using her looks to her advantage. Men beware. GUEST STAR, RECURRING

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2009 @ 10:52 AM

"The Vampire Diaries" will be featured at the Paley Festival 2010 along with "Glee".

Only one other show besides "Glee" has been announced. CW skein "The Vampire Diaries," which airs at 8 p.m. Thursdays, will also be feted.

Edited by Amester0120, Dec 15, 2009 @ 12:09 PM.

Sedruol

Sedruol

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2009 @ 10:00 AM

TVGuide online has posted an article and link to a CW Promo teasing the return of Vampire Diaries on Jan 21st.

RandomNation

RandomNation

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 22, 2009 @ 2:02 AM

More casting news(I believe I sorted this right):

Here’s proof that the TV biz hasn’t completely closed up shop for the holidays: L Word and 24 alum Mia Kirshner has just inked a deal to join the cast of The Vampire Diairies on a recurring basis, sources confirm to me exclusively.

Kirshner will be playing the role of Isobel, the sweet-yet-dangerous wife of Matt Davis’ history teacher, Alaric.

http://ausiellofiles...s-mia-kirshner/

Wendi

Wendi

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2009 @ 2:24 PM

There goes my hope for a Jana/Alaric pairing. He would have at least made her more interesting.

cjardine

cjardine

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2010 @ 2:22 AM

The Vampire Diaries won Favorite New Drama at the People's Choice Awards
http://www.celebrity...w/00011374.html

hurtville

hurtville

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2010 @ 2:12 PM

Behind the Scenes on TVD

Summary: The cast is adorable... and Nina is hungry (and a lucky bastid).

Also - another adorable interview with Ian, Nina and Paul - they are in love with each other, it's super cute.

Paul: And I think if we were in L.A. or some other major metropolis with, like, tons of friends and distractions, I think it would be detrimental.

Nina: Yeah, we're in our little bubble. We love our bubble.

Ian: We talk to each other on our cellphones after we leave set. It's insane.

Paul: [holding fake phone up to ear] Hey, what are you doing?

Ian: "What are you doing? I'm just driving. Is that you behind me?"

Edited by hurtville, Jan 10, 2010 @ 11:43 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2010 @ 3:57 PM

Nina, Paul and Ian are on the cover of the new issue of Nylon. In my (totally biased) opinion I think they all look great.

Edited by Amester0120, Jan 19, 2010 @ 3:57 PM.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 20, 2010 @ 1:25 AM

My, they're pretty.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2010 @ 6:46 PM

They're also on the cover of TV Guide for sweeps preview (it's a multiple-cover issue, so you may not necessarily find the Vampire Diaries one in your mailbox/newsstand).

Also, the show is going to be part of the PaleyFest lineup!

tvjunkie23

tvjunkie23

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 22, 2010 @ 9:55 AM

PW seriously needs to put on some weight. He's looking close to gaunt.

atlanta

atlanta

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2010 @ 8:59 AM

Yikes! Paul is starting to look manorexic. It wouldn't hurt Ian to gain a few pounds too.

Nina will be in Self magazine Feb. issue.

Edited by atlanta, Jan 23, 2010 @ 9:00 AM.

Girl Scout

Girl Scout

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2010 @ 11:22 PM

I read the Nylon article. Gorgeous photos, especially Nina. She is truly a beautiful girl. The article felt super disjointed, though. There's a lot of quotes from Sara Canning as she stood near a cemetery. And is it just me, or does Ian come off like a tool? I mean, obviously it's his character I love, but yeesh!

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2010 @ 1:20 AM

I didn't read it, but what did he say that makes you think that he comes off like a tool, Girl Scout?

Sweeney555

Sweeney555

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 6:20 PM

And is it just me, or does Ian come off like a tool?

I read the article today (and looked at the pretty, pretty photos) and Ian didn't seem like a tool. He wasn't noticeably different to me than he has been in other interviews or articles about the show that I've read/seen. He, Nina, and Paul all came off as really happy and excited about the show and the success it's having.

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 8:51 PM

And is it just me, or does Ian come off like a tool?

I had a chance to finally read the article and Ian came across as his usual charming and witty self, I thought.

JennyLiz

JennyLiz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2010 @ 9:08 PM

Ian was in Cosmo this month as a "Man on Fire," doing an article called "10 Things Guys Wish You Knew." Get a load of #2:

Bad boys can be reformed. They act that way for a certain reason. If you get to the bottom of that, you can usually understand them.

Ha!

Also, TVD was mentioned on E!Online, in The Awful Truth with Ted Casablanca:

Dear Ted:
Give us some more gossip on The Vampire Diaries boys. That Paul Wesley is yummo!
—C

Dear Likes It Bloody:
How can I put this? You know that old casting-couch cliché? Applies more to the dudes than the chicks on this fab baby.

This doesn't make sense to me. The boys got their parts by sleeping with someone? They are FANTASTIC in their roles, why would they need to sleep with studio execs to get them?

Edited by JennyLiz, Feb 19, 2010 @ 9:09 PM.

Morrigan8472

Morrigan8472

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2010 @ 9:46 PM

They are fantastic, but they are also a a full decade too old for their parts and that's only going to get more pronounced as the seasons roll on and we are going to have to stomach Paul at 32 trying to pass for 17. It would be one thing if the older members of the cast were being presented as viable love interests like Jenna and She's-the-Sheriff but they aren't. One of the reasons I've been reluctant to get behind the Delena pairing (definitely not the number one reason but it's up there) is that IS and ND look so different in age. Obviously, a 160 year old vampire issues and all, but ND looks like she should be studing for her chem final while IS looks like he's trying to refinance his mortgage. Right now, PW does almost pass for 17 but who knows how long that will last; look at David Boreaneaz and James Marsters to see how quickly (and abruptly) aging can become obvious.

That said, I can believe Ian and Zach would do that; Paul and Steven not so much, and I go back and forth with Micheal.

ETA. Yeah, sorry. I don't trust myself to spell last names, especially Ian and Zach's. An hour ago I had to do Peter Saarsgaard and I'm still not sure it's right.

Edited by Morrigan8472, Feb 19, 2010 @ 10:43 PM.

JennyLiz

JennyLiz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

That said, I can believe Ian and Zach would do that; Paul and Steven not so much, and I go back and forth with Micheal.

Just wanted to say that since there's a Zach Roerig and an Uncle(/nephew) Zach, and some people mistaken call Stefan "Steven," it took me at least 5 tries to understand what that post was saying, lol.

Princess Lucky

Princess Lucky

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2010 @ 12:18 PM

ND looks like she should be studing for her chem final while IS looks like he's trying to refinance his mortgage

Ha! Well, I think that's the real issue (how they both look compared to Nina). The show hasn't really tried to pass off Stefan as a student, not since the first few episodes (his awesome moments with Tanner who is sorely missed by the way). Alaric even told Damon he's "heard" Stefan is bright but hasn't had a chance to see for himself. So it's less of a stretch, and Paul might not look 17 but he could pass for 22-23 and he and Nina look right together. Ian does look older, but again the show hasn't explicitly stated his age and we are meant to see him as older and as someone who shouldn't be hanging out with these young girls (like Caroline) and should only attend their dances as a chaperone. So I'm OK with it.

Now this?

How can I put this? You know that old casting-couch cliché? Applies more to the dudes than the chicks on this fab baby.

Hm. I wonder which male actor this applies to.

And I also wonder if it was recorded.

Edited by Princess Lucky, Feb 20, 2010 @ 12:19 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 1:24 PM

Nina's on the April cover of Seventeen

hurtville

hurtville

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 8:12 PM

Is Ted C. trying to imply that one or more of the male cast on this show fucked Kevin Williamson in order to get their part? That's completely ludicrous. I know in the olden days of Hollywood, you sleep with the right person... you get the part.
In the present day, on Network TV - every decision is literally made by committee. You have to get a thumbs up from about 15 different people after a number of readings and screen tests to get a part - so the suggestion that anyone could get a leading role on a network show after a role in the hay with one person... is totally ridiculous. They'd have to screw Kev Williamson, Julie Plec, Dawn Ostroff, and everyone in between at the CW... and that would be just exhausting - and for a show on the CW?

Edited by hurtville, Mar 4, 2010 @ 8:16 PM.