Glee Fanfiction: Give Them What They Want

• Please log in to reply

2673 replies to this topic

sparklegem

sparklegem

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

Megardron, this may be the saddest Klaine fic I've ever read. Based on The Time Traveller's Wife, it's called The Time Traveller's Heart. I warned you!

This is the one that came immediately to my mind as well.

Megardron

Megardron

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 6:42 AM

Megardron, this may be the saddest Klaine fic I've ever read. Based on The Time Traveller's Wife, it's called The Time Traveller's Heart. I warned you!

That was beautiful and absolutely heartbreaking and it totally did justice to the (ridiculously amazing) book. Wow. Thank you for linking that.

sparklegem

sparklegem

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

This is a short little Klaine thing that I discovered last night that made me cry.

http://legallyblaine...nt-you-remember

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:45 AM

There is actually a podfic of this fic and I will warn you not to listen to it at work. I was trying to silent cry and not sniffle too loudly while sitting at my desk.

It's really an amazing fic!

Em91

Em91

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Anyone know of any Football Player Rachel fanfiction where she is with one or all of the Unholy Trinity, or eventually gets with one? Preferably multi-chapter but it doesn't have to be. I've read most if not all on Fanfiction.net I think, so ones from another website would be good, or new ones on FF.net.

Thanks!!

Sosaythelipless

Sosaythelipless

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I started a Glee rewatch and now I'm desperate for some good summer before senior year into beginning of senior year Quinn fics, if any exist. Just realized there was so much throw away information there and then we got suddenly back to pretending to be normal Quinn so quickly there was no chance to dwell on it. Ideally I'd love something with a little more than just how Rachel was really into the pink hair. (Like wtf, did anyone ever write about Quinn and the 40 year old skater she was apparently dating?)

the hero factor

the hero factor

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Devolution by poetzproblem is a great Quinn fic that picks up at the end of season two, goes through the summer, and then all the way to graduation. It deals with early season three canon, but goes AU after a few episodes. And it's Faberry-ish.

I was just coming here to rec poetzproblem's Don't Blink series. A great bunch of stories that I'm pretty sure are gonna be my headcanon when all is said and done.

Don't Blink You Might Miss - Future fic. Finn goes to a book signing for Quinn's first novel and gets the shock of his life when he meets Quinn's fiance.

Steady Your Hand - Set just after Don't Blink. Fluffy, smutty Faberry.

Diamonds Along the Way - The only multi-chapter fic of the bunch. It's Quinn and Rachel's wedding day. Kurt, Santana, Finn, and Quinn all think back to the Finchel non-wedding and Quinn's accident senior year. Love, love this one. It isn't a whole lot of post-crash Quinn, but it's worlds more than RIB+ gave us.

My Life Before Me Undone - About a year after college, Rachel and Quinn are both living in New York. They're best friends, but Rachel realizes she wants more.

She Will Be Next To Me - Freshman year of college. The Finchel relationship reaches it's inevitable implosion, and Quinn drops everything to go to New York and see Rachel. Unrequitedly-in-love-with-Rachel!Quinn comforting heartbroken-but-still-in-love-with-Finn!Rachel. Good times.

Won't Spend Another Day Wondering - Santana finds out that Rachel has finally pulled her head out of her ass (Santana's words) regarding Quinn, and they are about to go on their first date. Santana's POV is fun.

This is the order they were written in. Chronologically, it would be: She Will Be Next to Me, My Life Before Me Undone, Won't Spend Another Day Wondering, Don't Blink You Might Miss, Steady Your Hand, Diamonds Along the Way. If you prefer.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I'd love if folks could recc some Klaine reaction fics from last nights episode. I'd be much obliged!

QuicheSan

QuicheSan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

I'd love if folks could recc some Klaine reaction fics from last nights episode. I'd be much obliged!

Glory, here are a few I liked:

Sharing is Caring by sotto-voice

Deal by blainetology

Untitled by wordplay

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Thanks, QuicheSan! Those were just what I was looking for.

And I just wanted to recc this Glee/Happy Endings Crossover that is just lovely. Love Love is Going to Lead You By the Hand.

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

thememoriesfire wrote an amazing Gkee/Hunger Games crossover called after death, there is only this

Summary:Rachel Berry is the victor of the 18th Hunger Games, and the only mentor District 8 has available.

dharkephoenyx

dharkephoenyx

Just Tuned In

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

Is self-pimping safe over here?

through all the shadowy corners of me - angsty one-shot of Rachel getting over her past to let Finn love her.

send me away on the words of a love song - Rachel finds friends in the darkest period of her life, and love while she's at it.

I just found this thread, and I'm more a finchel fan, but I love the Puck/Rachel or Santana/Rachel fics. smc_27 can do no wrong.

MiniShrink

MiniShrink

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

faster by thememoriesfire: If you were to ask Chelsea from down the hall, here’s the thing about the girls in 314: Quinn’s a bisexual cheerleader who’s majoring in marketing, and Santana’s that lesbian business major, and they’re roommates and best friends who occasionally hook up a lot. But they’re not in a relationship.

Completely hilarious throughout. My favourite bit:

“Well, either way, I didn’t want to just… you know, surprise fuck you with it, figured that would make you scream in a bad way, so—if I stuff you with tasty food tonight, are you willing to get on my fake dick?”

Quinn coves her face and says, “I can’t believe people think we’re in a relationship.”

“People are crazy,” Santana agrees, and then shrugs. ”What can you do?”

Edited by MiniShrink, May 1, 2012 @ 2:09 PM.

dharkephoenyx

dharkephoenyx

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

MiniShrink, thanks for that entry.. thememoriesfire writes the most intriguing fics!

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 3, 2012 @ 11:09 AM.
Save the @ for Twitter, please

ibh90

ibh90

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Kurtbastian?? anyone? My recs would be A Change in the Weather and of course Don't You Remember but are there anymore quality ones like these out there? I absolutely love the give-and-take dynamic that both these authors have highlighted with this ship. I'm a total sucker for well done banter.

manningstar

manningstar

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Thanks for the Kurtbastian recs. I love that pairing, too, and will definitely check these out.

I am following two Kurtbastian WIPs right now. Should Be An Interesting Yearhas Kurt go to Ohio State in what would be Season 4 and his assigned freshman roommate is Sebastian. They of course are enemies and Blaine is still Kurt's boyfriend, but there is definitely underlying tension there on both sides and it seems that Kurtbastian will be endgame. The other one is Visions of Us. It's premise is that Kurt has visions of the future and has been having these visions about a love interest but they aren't clear enough for him to tell if it's Blaine, as he hopes, or someone else. Promises to be Kurtbastian endgame.

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

Does anyone know of any Klaine fics set after Kurt's NYADA audition? Blaine looked about to jump him after that performance (and I am hopelessly shallow and can't say I blame him). Ratings can be anything, my one peeve is I absolutely cannot stand nicknames.

erilyn

erilyn

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Don't think I've read them all, but there's a few post-episode stories linked here. I do recommend the skintightsocks story that is linked there.

manningstar

manningstar

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

I really enjoy body-swap stories, especially those that involve Kurt and just about anyone else. I can recommend one I really liked - This Could Work- which is Kurt and Sebastian swap bodies. It's really fun because Sebastian really wants Blaine and decides this could be the perfect way to make that happen, even if he's in Kurt's body. And Kurt as Sebastian comes up with all kinds of ways to ruin any potential make-out sessions between the two.

I have seen a few others with Kurt, but most of them were not as well-written and/or were abandoned and unfinished. Does anyone have recommendations?

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I've not read much fanfiction, and usually I stick to Klaine stuff but I was drawn in to this one completely unexpectedly. Special is fantastic. It's a Glee/Marvel crossover and bloody brilliant. The writing is beyond impressive, charactisation perfect and the story completely engaging. I can't recommend it enough. And it's complete, so there's no WIP problems!

Blergitty

Blergitty

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

This rec comes with a couple warnings: it gets pretty NC17 toward the middle, so if that's not your thing, skip. Additionally, it's an AU in which Blaine is a 34-year-old illustrator/painter and Kurt is a 16-year-old runaway. If the age thing squicks you, skip. With that in mind, this is perhaps the most beautiful, moving, suspenseful, well written piece of fic I have ever read. And it's a one shot, albeit a 47k-word one shot. I cannot recommend it enough. The Muse by the cimmerians.

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

http://archiveofouro...rg/works/402638
Kurt hosts a murder mystery dinner at a local church. Burt, Carole, Blaine and ND attend.

Lily Meadows

Lily Meadows

Channel Surfer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

I've not read much fanfiction, and usually I stick to Klaine stuff but I was drawn in to this one completely unexpectedly. Special is fantastic. It's a Glee/Marvel crossover and bloody brilliant. The writing is beyond impressive, charactisation perfect and the story completely engaging. I can't recommend it enough. And it's complete, so there's no WIP problems!

This is by Miggy/Illyria, and I followed this one as a WIP after her hilarious (and surprising) Amazing Race crossover. She does the best gen fic in this fandom, IMO.

Louisa

Louisa

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:01 AM

Hee, I loved the Kurt Hummel's Mystery Dinner fic, just brilliant! I laughed out loud/snorted at some of Finn's dim comments, Rachel being the first murder victim & making it all about her, Santa's snarky/bitchy comments were bang on, people failing to stay in character/making comments about the evening & the reveal as to who the murderer was was excellent!
Lovely to see Burt & Carole interact and be the married couple that they are. The writer did an excellent job at capturing everyone's voices, at least the ones they had in Seasons 1 & 2, and there were no glaring grammatical and/or spelling mistakes that I noticed, which makes me give it bonus points immediately!

Anyone know where I can find some Kurt-Burt bonding stories, perhaps offset with Burt & Carole talking about how they're going to cope being empty-nesters/having kids in college? I think it's sad that all the family haven't been together at the same time since the wedding, as far as I can tell! So stories of the 4 of them having Friday Night Dinner/hanging out as a family would be greatly appreciated too!

Mixi

Mixi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

I don't know if this is a first, but a Glee fic managed to trend worldwide, it was a WIP but it's finally finished, so if you're wondering what all the fuss is about, it's a good time to maybe give it a shot. It's called Little Numbers and it's pretty good. It's a Kurt/Blaine fic completely told through texts and dialogue-only phone conversations, and I think the fact that the story manages to pull you in completely in spite of all that, is what ultimately made the story so popular. I hate text fics but I loved this one a lot. It's PG-13.

Oh and in other Kurt/Blaine fic news, the reverse bang is starting to post here. Two stories a day from now to July 13th, so I'll add some recs later on, so as not to spam.

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 3:48 AM

I can't really explain why you need to read this, but you do. It's a one-shot, and quite short, but it's good. Really good. http://www.fanfictio...3099/1/The_Hero

They say a man's greatest hero is his father. For much of my life, I would have said that was true.

Up until I met Burt Hummel, that is.

Craphole Island

Craphole Island

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

I also really enjoyed the Kurt murder mystery fic, mostly because it utilized most of the cast. Does anybody know of any other good fanfics out there where it's about most of the characters? I really enjoy ensemble stories. Thanks!

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

I aim to please.
http://archiveofouro...chapters/688898

This work picks up after 2.22 "New York" and departs from canon after that. The members of New Directions are entering their senior year with a major shake-up at the beginning: Mr. Schuester accepted a role on Broadway over the summer and Ms. Pillsbury is taking over. What follows is a year where the seniors are all set to change the world, or at least change themselves.

http://archiveofouro...rg/works/471036

New Directions goes on a summer road trip to the ocean.

Both by littledust

merrick715

merrick715

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

I just finished reading Home by tamakito. It is probably one of the best Kurt and Rachel gen fics I've come across. set post 2.22
Word Count52, 000
Summary:If Will wants a family, Terri will give him a family. And if he wants his precious glee kids - two birds, one stone.
Warning:Kidnapping, violence, ableism, homophobia, physical abuse by a caretaker, a smidgen of Stockholm's, serious injury, tertiary character death.

Edited by merrick715, Aug 27, 2012 @ 8:09 AM.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

Can anyone give me an invite to Archive of our Own? I can PM you my e-mail address if you have one.

Thanks!