Glee Fanfiction: Give Them What They Want

• Please log in to reply

2673 replies to this topic

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 10:02 AM

Glee already has some pretty great fanfiction. Here's a new story, dealing with some of the Showmance aftermath:

between what you wanted and what you got - PG, Finn/Rachel

And here are a few fics that I had previously linked to in the old thread:

Cold Hands (Yours, Too) - PG, Finn/Rachel

Maybe I'm Amazed (at the way you help me sing my song) - PG-13, Finn/Rachel

Five Times Will Kisses Emma and One Time It Counts - G, Will/Emma

Only Just Pretending - K+, Finn/Rachel friendship

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 4:53 AM

Let the slash begin! Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Will/Finn, fairly hardcore (NC-17, whatever the fuck that means)

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 8:41 AM

Here's an oldie but a goodie (isn't it amazing that I can say that about a series with only two episodes aired?) that I rediscovered again today:

she loves to be one of the girls - PG-13, Finn/Rachel

Also, I thought of a thread title: "We're Going To Give Them What They Want: Glee Fanfiction".

Edited by warble, Sep 15, 2009 @ 8:42 AM.

CordyJay

CordyJay

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 6:57 PM

This author has some pretty good fanfic, including a couple Tina/Artie, and a Quinn/Artie(!).

Lies - Tina/Artie. He lied to her to make her feel better, he lied to her to protect her, he lied to her because he loved her. He lied to her because he knew she’d never be his.

I Don't Believe in Fairytales - Tina/Artie. “You want a fairytale?” He will never be a prince charming to anyone, he’s too damaged.

Chasing Fireflies - Quinn/Artie. Trying to go back to the way it was is like chasing fireflies. It just couldn't be done.

CordyJay

CordyJay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 4, 2009 @ 4:33 PM

I've been searching for some decent Artie/Tina fics for a while now, and besides the ones I posted previously, I really haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. So, I bit the bullet and just wrote my own. I know we're not allowed to post links to our own websites, but can we post links to our fanfiction??

Edited by CordyJay, Oct 4, 2009 @ 4:37 PM.

Carmella

Carmella

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2009 @ 5:21 PM

I don't have a full fanfiction, but one scene I've imagined is Kurt having a secret affair with a closeted football player (preferrably Mike Chang), and during a football game Kurt gets tackled, and Mike can't help but show his true feelings for him in the heat of the moment.

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:01 AM

CordyJay, yes you can post links to your own fanfiction. The more the merrier!

Sunday Violet

Sunday Violet

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:06 AM

I have two one-shots, although they basically mirror one another. It's the same event, but viewed by two different POVs...

http://community.liv.../tag/show: glee

CordyJay

CordyJay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:21 AM

Thanks, warble! This will probably prove to be out-of-character once we get more than a few scenes of these guys, but as of now, this is how I could see their relationship progressing.

Damaged Goods - Artie/Tina, PG-13

mupt90

mupt90

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 7:09 PM

CordyJay, LOVE LOVED LOVED your story. You made me cry. Well done, you! Awesome.

PS: I left you a quick review with some suggestions from a Physical Therapy perspective.

rebelliousrose

rebelliousrose

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 8:39 PM

I just read this again, and it's amazing. It's Quinn's perspective, and how she's learning to deal with her consequences and choices through the frames of the other Glee clubbers, beginning with Finn, Brittany, and Mecedes. And it's well-nigh damn BRILLIANT her writing is so good and so evocative.

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2009 @ 8:36 AM

Great stuff CordyJay and Sunday Violet! I really enjoyed all three stories.

Here's a new story I just ran across that I liked (I'm such a sucker for Finn and Rachel):

nobody but her sees - Finn/Rachel, not rated but probably PG, set post-Pilot

I've been thinking recently about how fast the plots and pace are on Glee, and how that affects the show fanfiction. I mean, we're only 5 episodes in and look how much has changed for some of the characters. "Nobody but her sees" is set post-pilot and doesn't even assume the events of the second episode happened.

CordyJay

CordyJay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

PS: I left you a quick review with some suggestions from a Physical Therapy perspective.

Thanks, mupt90! I really enjoyed reading your suggestions and they'll definitely help if and when I write more fic. I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd post what you wrote here, just in case other people need some information about paraplegics for their writing. Plus, I want to encourage more Artie stories. :)

As a Physical Therapist who has worked with spinal cord injury patients, I just have a few suggestions. For a paraplegic with an injury level similar to Artie's (I'm guessing mid to lower thoracic), he would probably not use a "T bar" or trapeze for his transfers from wheelchair to bed or vice versa. He would most likely perform a lateral or sit pivot transfer. Basically, he's park almost parallel to the bed (slight angle), lock the brakes, flip his arm rest out of the way and then scoot/pivot over to the bed using his hands on the bed and the w/c. You positioning of Tina was good, but if she were leaning over him and trying to lift, it would probably throw him off balance (though that works for your story). And FYI, paraplegics and quadriplegics are able to have intercourse. The pathway for erections and ** is actually a reflex arc that occurs on at the spinal level, there is no input sent via the spinal cord to the brain (except for sensation). Perhaps it should come as no surprise that the brain is not involved. ;-) But regarding sensation, most paras and quads find that their erogenous zones are moved upward to where ever they do have sensation. I had one quadriplegic patient and his wife that reserved his left earlobe as his "hot zone." Not that I would expect a couple of drunken, inexperienced high school kids to figure all that out on their first try. But maybe some day...

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2009 @ 3:31 PM

I saw this linked on one of the other threads here and enjoyed it:

Wonderwall - R, Rachel/Quinn, vignettes about Quinn's life as she integrates into the Berry household

Edited by warble, Oct 16, 2009 @ 9:16 PM.

hgalve

hgalve

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 3:16 AM

Some Puck/Rachel fic recs:

sin tetas, no hay paraiso by dress without sleeves - Puck and Rachel watch Telenovelas, try to kill each other with words, and then make out.

Conversations Between Two McKinley High Students by Glow - ...who are not friends. At all. Or: Moments where Noah Puckerman is not a total *bleep* to Rachel Berry.

Sleep Out In The Quiet by Glow - "Puck thinks he may have some sort of multiple personality disorder." Mild Puck/Rachel.

Lonely Hearts Club by WildIrishRose29

These are probably my favourite Puck/Rachel fics out of all the other ones because not only are they well written, they're also pretty in character. I especially love the first three.

Edited by hgalve, Oct 17, 2009 @ 3:21 AM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 10:50 AM

Some Purt Fics:

A Stolen Moment in the Music Room is an adorable, "Throwdown"-based one-shot.

Deceitful Seduction is MusicLover48's WIP about Puck's plan to trick Kurt into falling for him.

Not His Fault by our own Emma Frost 13 is a delightful ficlet about Puck's denial re his feelings for Kurt.

Liquid Courage is a fic set during "The Rhodes Not Taken," about what happened after Kurt's infamous pukefest.

Oh, the Irony is a post-"Preggers," non-slash Purt fic about Puck coming to Kurt's rescue.

Edited by Prettyeyes, Oct 17, 2009 @ 10:53 AM.

falulatonks

falulatonks

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

I love the first two Puck/Rachel stories from what hgalve posted. I just enjoy them so much. Every time I see an update alert in my mail I start grinning, I don't even have to have read the chapter! The first is especially hilarious and crack in a very Glee kind of way, but the second has some great bits from everyone else in the show, and the author definitely has their voices down pat.

Edited by falulatonks, Oct 17, 2009 @ 12:35 PM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 2:08 PM

Rehearsal is a sweet Will/Emma one-shot that involves dancing.

EmmaFrost

EmmaFrost

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 3:10 PM

Oohhhhhhh, I'm blushing.

Well, I haven't read "Oh, the irony", but it's nice to see a non slashy Purt (though slash is SO much fun).

And "Wonderwall" totally converted me to Quinn/Rachel. It's amazing.

StarrieEyedKat

StarrieEyedKat

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 5:48 PM

And "Wonderwall" totally converted me to Quinn/Rachel. It's amazing.

THIS!!

I'm not a fanfic reader, but I read that because of the Glee Makeout Game thread, and I bookmarked it so I could reread it over and over. It's becoming a bad obsession, as I really want that storyline to happen on the show, word for word.

warble

warble

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 6:03 PM

hgalve, thanks for the link to Conversations Between Two McKinley High Students. I'm not sold on Puck/Rachel as a ship but I really enjoyed this fic, mostly for the moments of friendship between the two. The author has just nailed Puck's inner voice, and the dialogue for the rest of the glee kids is extremely well done and funny.

Crazy Red Head

Crazy Red Head

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 6:27 PM

Thanks for the mention hgalve "Lonely Hearts Club" is my story. :)

And I agree that the other three Puck/Rachel stories are the best out there. New chapters of "Conversations" are like Christmas time for me.

Edited by Crazy Red Head, Oct 17, 2009 @ 6:28 PM.

Rinslet

Rinslet

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 7:08 PM

My fic recs: I think right now, these 3 are my favorite and I love reading them again and again

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Or Eight Times Someone in Glee was a Friend to Quinn Fabray and One Time Someone Was a Little Bit More; Puck/Quinn)

I can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be. (Senior year at McKinley High; Implied Finn/Rachel)

Five Times Someone Quit Glee... (And the Five Things they did to get them Back)

On and there's these future fics based on the "You know what we should do?" "elope?" moment between Finn/Rachel (aka called vegas verse by the authors)

http://ma-raven.live...l.com/6329.html
http://ma-raven.live...l.com/6677.html
http://alifab.livejo....com/17234.html

Edited by Rinslet, Oct 17, 2009 @ 7:11 PM.

Risti

Risti

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 11:31 PM

Well, I told myself that I wasn't going to write fic for a series that's barely started, but now I've written two in the last couple of weeks. Both are gen character study pieces.

Power Play (PG) - Cheerleader tryouts freshman year marked the first time Rachel Berry had ever been cut from anything she'd tried out for. (pre-series, Rachel's POV, featuring Sue, Quinn, Brittany and Santana)

Expectations (PG-13) - Quinn knew she couldn't stay in the bathroom stall forever, even if it had started to feel like home lately. (missing moment scene from "Throwdown", Quinn's POV featuring Kurt)

CordyJay

CordyJay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 11:50 PM

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (Or Eight Times Someone in Glee was a Friend to Quinn Fabray and One Time Someone Was a Little Bit More; Puck/Quinn)

I was just going to post this here! I'm in love with it - one of the best Glee fics I've read.

hgalve

hgalve

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2009 @ 1:21 AM

Oh, no problem guys. Those fics seriously made me genuinely curious about a Puck/Rachel relationship because they were so well written and also really in character. The voices for Puck, Rachel and pretty much every character are so spot on.

I'm thinking of writing Ken Tanaka one-shot that delves into more of what he's going through because I love Ken and sympathize with him the most out of everyone caught up in this love quadrangle thing. Sadly, I'm way too busy to write anything right now. Maybe one day.

Edited by hgalve, Oct 18, 2009 @ 1:22 AM.

rebelliousrose

rebelliousrose

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

I was just going to post this here! I'm in love with it - one of the best Glee fics I've read.

The author's finally finished it, for anyone who has been reading along, and it's heartbreaking. The voices are so true, even seen through Quinn's eyes. Artie is Artie, Rachel is Rachel- all of them are themselves completely.

Edited by rebelliousrose, Oct 18, 2009 @ 11:37 AM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2009 @ 2:02 PM

The Diary of Sue Sylvester by minsk26 is a hilarious WIP of Sue's musings about her life in general and her attempts to destroy Glee club in particular.

Xellos

Xellos

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 3:29 AM

Thanks a bunch for the Conversations rec - it's the best Glee fic I've read, and has actually turned me into a Puck/Rachel fan... at least, when they're given the kind of slow development they'd need to work.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 5:03 AM

Hottest Rachel/Quinn I've read so far: Let It Unwind, See by summerstorm

The Diary of Sue Sylvester is pure genius.