Promos, Previews, Sneak Peeks and Unspoiled Speculation

• Please log in to reply

1480 replies to this topic

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

I like how Damon immediately knows something is up with Alaric and last week Klaus didn't have a clue Rebekah had been possessed.

Well in Klaus's defense, he did keep Rebecca dagger for over 30 years or so,and when Esther had taken her over, she avoid Klaus by offering to take Alaric to get the White Stake.

I was just rereading the description for episode 3.22 Departed,and I come to realize that Something must have happen to Klaus, because there is no way both Damon and Stefan would leave town if Klaus was still around. So Klaus must be dead (I doubt it) gone, or they called a truce.

The underline title of this episode is called "The Secret Hero". Which I think might be a reference to Bonnie. So I think Bonnie secret deal has something to do with saving the group. So maybe Bonnie put Klaus to sleep like Abby did to Mikael? But the term deal implies that she have made a deal with someone. I wonder if Bonnie made a secret deal with someone? and who did she make the deal with? I can't want until the season finale.

Jewlstone

Jewlstone

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

The underline title of this episode is called "The Secret Hero". Which I think might be a reference to Bonnie. So I think Bonnie secret deal has something to do with saving the group. So maybe Bonnie put Klaus to sleep like Abby did to Mikael? But the term deal implies that she have made a deal with someone. I wonder if Bonnie made a secret deal with someone? and who did she make the deal with? I can't want until the season finale.

I also think the secret hero is Bonnie. I'm thinking the "heartbreaking consequences" will be Bonnie having to use dark magic and maybe getting corrupted. Either that or Esther (in Rebekah's body) helps Bonnie take down Klaus and ends up possessing Bonnie. Or it could just be another spell gone wrong, although that would be kind of repetitive.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

I also think the secret hero is Bonnie. I'm thinking the "heartbreaking consequences" will be Bonnie having to use dark magic and maybe getting corrupted. Either that or Esther (in Rebekah's body) helps Bonnie take down Klaus and ends up possessing Bonnie. Or it could just be another spell gone wrong, although that would be kind of repetitive.

Bonnie's storyline is always repetitive. Bonnie is always has to be the one to save her friends,or boyfriend. Someone she loves always get hurt /or killed. No one ever save Bonnie. But is my least like character on the show. However I think we all that she has been through in the past 3 season, it would be interesting for Bonnie to turn evil,and I hope the writer would go there with her storyline.

3x20 Do Not Go Gentle producer's preview

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 3, 2012 @ 11:07 AM.
Removed bold font

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 21 “Before Sunset” Promo

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 3 Episode 21 “Before Sunset” Extended Promo

Poor Caroline. She is always the victim.

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 21 “Before Sunset” Canadian Promo

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 3, 2012 @ 11:08 AM.
Removed bold font

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

Poor Caroline. She always the victim.

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 21 “Before Sunset” Canadian Promo

Although Caroline has been thrust into the role of victim numerous times in the show's history, I think she is actually the most interesting choice to be Evil Alaric's captive. Not too long ago, they had one of their first real conversations during which she forgave him for murdering her father. She empathized with his situation because she knew what it was like to find yourself powerless to fight off your darkest urges.

However, Caroline has learned how to master her dark side and demonstrated genuine remorse for the life she took when she was not in control. Since turning, she has lead a fairly above board undead life. She's not going to fall into the "pure" category, as Jenna has due to never taking life, but Caroline is a very responsible vampire and almost "human" vampire. She generally doesn't use her powers to compel people for personal gain, and doesn't harm people if she can avoid it.

I will be curious to see if any of Good Alaric is present in their exchanges, and if Caroline will be able to break through the dark side of Alaric even briefly and gain some type of insight or advantage.

She has a much better shot than any of the other vampires or hybrids on the show. Most humans too!

MissEm23

MissEm23

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

3x21 promo: I wonder how they possibly managed to keep Elena upstairs while shit was going on downstairs. She's not so great with staying safe/not being in control of every situation. She probably snuck out the window to go martyr herself in some way.

Edited by MissEm23, Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:13 PM.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

Lol MissEm, I hadn't even thought about that. Maybe Bonnie spelled the room.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:08 AM

Although Caroline has been thrust into the role of victim numerous times in the show's history, I think she is actually the most interesting choice to be Evil Alaric's captive. Not too long ago, they had one of their first real conversations during which she forgave him for murdering her father. She empathized with his situation because she knew what it was like to find yourself powerless to fight off your darkest urges.

I agree with you, that if anyone has a shot as getting through to good Alaric ,it's Caroline. Unfortunately, I think good Alaric is completely good by this time. I bet you Klaus will be the one who save Caroline. I'm concern with Jeremy's plan to save Elena. Most of the time that Jeremy had came up with a plan, he wound up getting hurt. This time I would not be surprise if he wound up getting killed. ..and Bonnie will not be able to bring him back this time.

New Canadian Promo

This promo is insane. Caroline runs to her car, but someone grabs her and IMO it's Alaric.Alaric looks Crazy when he tell Elena to stop trusting vampires. What is Bonnie doing to Jeremy? Is it Klaus that throws something at the window?
And when Klaus says "I'm not leaving without her.". Do he means Elena,or could he be talking about Caroline.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 3, 2012 @ 11:09 AM.
Removed bold font

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

What is Bonnie doing to Jeremy?

She's trying to bring him back from death or injury. They have most likely done some spell to try and power down the protecto rings in some way. They are trying it out to see if it worked and Jeremy had to get injured or die to see if it worked. That's my guess.

MrsMay

MrsMay

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Everybody's favorite Original is back next week according to this promo on TV Fanatic. And I'm not talking about Klaus! :)

Also, do I spy curly/wavy hair on Elena?

YourMomOnToast

YourMomOnToast

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I've totally been jonesing for some Katherine...

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Woohoo! Elijah's back! As long as it doesn't follow with Klaus, then I'm good. Because whenever Klaus and Elijah are in an episode together, Elijah either ends up dying, leaving or something else.

It's been long overdue for some Katherine so I'm hoping it's her. It better be her, or else I'll be pissed. I need some Katherine in my life right now.

Jewlstone

Jewlstone

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

3.22 Webclips

2 webclips for the finale. One with Matt and Elena talking about their relationship, the other with Damon/Bonnie.

Sweets

Sweets

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 2:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that's Bonnie walking with Damon.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that's Bonnie walking with Damon.

It is. I saw a picture of that scene and it was Bonnie and Damon walking.

MissEm23

MissEm23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

I really thought it was Katherine in the promo too. I had to pause it and look closely, only to be disappointed. I saw something where Nina said in an interview that she misses Katherine too. I hope we can get more of her next season like we did in S2... Or even more than that. Maybe she can come to MF and make Stefan halfway interesting again.

While I'm always grateful for more Matt, I want to know why Elena is in the car with him, instead of one of her personal Salvatore bodyguards. It's not that I don't want her riding with a non-Salvatore, I'm just really curious where they are going or coming from, since it is a little unusual that she would be riding with Matt. To me, that says that Damon, Stefan, and Jeremy are all otherwise occupied. (Jeremy only because they live in the same place, so if a non-Salvatore is going to give her a ride, he makes the most sense.) I have more thoughts on why it's confusing, but I'm spoiled like crazy and have no idea what information came from spoilers vs. promos. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, so I'll just keep those thoughts to myself.

And again, I'm always grateful for more Rebekah, but WHY is she standing in the middle of the road? I can't think of any reason to do that if you're not trying to kill the people in the vehicle. I really don't want to hate her, so I'm hoping there is some other explanation.

O-M-G. Elijah!!!!!!! That's all I have to say about that. <3

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

And again, I'm always grateful for more Rebekah, but WHY is she standing in the middle of the road? I can't think of any reason to do that if you're not trying to kill the people in the vehicle. I really don't want to hate her, so I'm hoping there is some other explanation.

I sure Rebecca stood in the middle of the road because she want them to stop, so she can find out where Klaus is. If you think about it, just because they got rid of Klaus , doesn't mean it's over. They still have to deal with Rebecca,Elijah and Kol...plus, they have to worry about Alaric, who wants to kill all vampires, which include Damon and Stefan.n

ValenciaGrim

ValenciaGrim

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

OK, I'm posting my thoughts about Cindy's (the recapper) prediction in the Recaplet, and to the idea that Elena is going to choose a Salvatore brother in the finale.

So, number one, Cindy's prediction, which is that they will "kill" Elena so that Vampire Alaric (or Vamparic, as Cindy called him, which is hilarious) dies, but feed her vamp blood first so that she will be a vampire. My reaction to this idea is that the show won't do this, because it really goes against Elena's wish to remain human, which seems to be pretty central to her character. However, it would be very interesting if they did it! Anyone else care to comment? What do you think, would they do it???

Number two, the idea that Elena will choose one of the Salvatore brothers in the season finale. I'm...skeptical. This seems kind of like the end game of the series, no? The only way I could possibly see it happening is if she chooses neither of them, and then of course later she will weaken and start the whole dance up again.

Either way, whatever they do I'm pretty sure it's going to be shocking, entertaining, and awesome. I'm 31 and I'm not even that ashamed to admit that I love this show, it has amazing writing! I've converted a ton of my friends and co-workers into fans, including my 60-year old boss and her husband, and one of my friends who is a total hipster (talented) artist type who broke down and admitted that she checked out the show after she heard me talking about it, and main-lined all 50-some episodes in like 2 weeks.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 3:53 AM

So, number one, Cindy's prediction, which is that they will "kill" Elena so that Vampire Alaric (or Vamparic, as Cindy called him, which is hilarious) dies, but feed her vamp blood first so that she will be a vampire. My reaction to this idea is that the show won't do this, because it really goes against Elena's wish to remain human, which seems to be pretty central to her character. However, it would be very interesting if they did it! Anyone else care to comment? What do you think, would they do it???

I think they are going to turn Elena as well. But it will be a accident. We know that Klaus took a lot of blood from Elena in the last episode "before sunset. So I assume that maybe Damon,or Stefan (or both) gave her a little bit of their blood. We also know from the preview that Matt,and Elena get into a car accident when they try to avoid hitting Rebecca who is standing in the middle of the road. So I think Elena will turn. I think sense Rebecca will be the only witness to the car accident, I think she might save Matt, but she still hate Elena for stabbing her in the back, so she will likely leave her there in her watery grave. However one of the brothers, likely Damon will save her,and that is who she will pick to be with.

starfury303

starfury303

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

the idea that Elena will choose one of the Salvatore brothers in the season finale. I'm...skeptical. This seems kind of like the end game of the series, no?

I disagree. This is the CW - choosing anyone is just a transient blip on the plot radar. Maybe it's just that I lived through Dawson's Creek and the whole Joey/Dawson/Pacey thing, but my feeling is that CW shows always take you through all sides of a triangle before they even begin to consider the end game. Personally my bet is that Elena's picking Damon next just because that's the relationship that we haven't seen.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 6, 2012 @ 9:49 PM.
Added quote tags

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

We know that Stefan and Damon set out to dump Klaus' body in the Atlantic. In the promo, Damon says that he's not even half way of out Virginia and Elena is making deals to sell her soul to the Originals. Bonnie makes some remark about it being her choice.

OK-- I am going to over look the "half way out of Virginia" comment. You don't have to leave Virginia to get to the Atlantic, guys. Just drive East. Crossing state lines is not necessary, but I digress.

But I do not understand the order of events or logistics. Damon appears to be back in town. He's with Bonnie heading into a storage unit to show her Klaus' body. We know that Alaric and Rebekah both show up at the same self-storage facility. So the storage place must be back near Mystic Falls. Oh. So I have a thought. Do you think that the whole "We are taking Klaus' body to the Atlantic" is just a cover story? Perhaps Stefan and Damon put the body on ice close to home and are now heading off on a goose chase just in case someone is watching? They want to lead Rebekah or Alaric away from Mystic Falls? I can't really think of another explanation now.

So, Elijah shows up after Damon and Stefan leave town, and he wants to make a deal with the lovely Elena? He wants her to give up her soul, which presumably means turning, which will put an end to Alaric and protect the Originals and their subsequent bloodlines. Why would Elena agree to this deal? What's the leverage? I can only guess that Elijah shows up and says that he's the originator of the Salvatore bloodline, and that Klaus lied.

Elijah could threaten to kill other people Elena loves, but I don't see him going that route after all the remorse he demonstrated last time over his bad conduct. I don't think he'd be making the deal unless he felt that he was helping Elena avoid a certain tragedy. If Klaus didn't create the Salvatore bloodline and Alaric is capable of killing all of the other Originals, then eventually Alaric will indirectly kill the Salvatores. And when he hits all the Originals, he'll come after Elena. That's my thought on that part of things.

So, Damon comes back and is leading everyone to the real body? What the heck is Stefan doing then?

Caroline and Tyler realize they might not be safe in Mystic Falls with Alaric on the loose and decide to run away together to save their parents. Off they go. I can't figure out where Matt and Elena are heading, though it's probably to meet some appointed deadline to stave off certain death for someone.

Matt and Elena could be going to meet Elijah to secure the future of the gang. Elijah probably doesn't care about Klaus, and is willing to let him rot in his box. But Rebekah joins the fun and wants Klaus back. She apparently spends the episode chasing around after various people.

She runs Elena and Matt off the road, buy hey, maybe it's Katherine in the car! Maybe Katherine poses as Elena at some point to lure Rebekah off the trail while the real Elena deals with Elijah.

Then there's the Jeremy and Alaric scene. Alaric must be trying to enlist Jeremy's help in killing the Originals. Perhaps he says that if Jeremy keeps Elena alive (human) long enough for Alaric to complete his mission, then Alaric will allow Jeremy to kill him rather than being forced to kill Elena to end his life. Jeremy agrees to work with Alaric against the vampires because it means saving Elena. He does something stupid because, well he's Jeremy.

Frankly, with everything that's going on in this episode, I don't see when Elena will have time to pick a Salvatore, though I believe she does, and that her pick is Damon!

So, who is the Secret Hero? Doesn't Bonnie make a secret deal as well? What could that be, and with who? Alaric?

Edited by KatTV, May 6, 2012 @ 9:48 PM.

Vickilyn

Vickilyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

This is the CW - choosing anyone is just a transient blip on the plot radar. Maybe it's just that I lived through Dawson's Creek and the whole Joey/Dawson/Pacey thing, but my feeling is that CW shows always take you through all sides of a triangle before they even begin to consider the end game. Personally my bet is that Elena's picking Damon next just because that's the relationship that we haven't seen.

Yes. This is exactly how I see it. Having her choose Stefan again makes no sense plot-wise. They've already explored that relationship thoroughly. And we've basically had an entire season of Elena being with neither one of them. What we haven't seen yet is what Damon and Elena would look like in a relationship. I think that's the obvious next chapter of this storyline.

Kara1940

Kara1940

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

This is the CW - choosing anyone is just a transient blip on the plot radar. Maybe it's just that I lived through Dawson's Creek and the whole Joey/Dawson/Pacey thing, but my feeling is that CW shows always take you through all sides of a triangle before they even begin to consider the end game. Personally my bet is that Elena's picking Damon next just because that's the relationship that we haven't seen.

Yeah it seems on the CW there is only one way to write a triangle, it always seems to lead up to these season finale choices that is more like The Bachelor. But I do see the formula emerging, very DC like. That is exactly what I don't like about this triangle of doom, it's so predictable. I prefer triangles that aren't so formula based, like TB, BTVS, Lost, or TWD.

MissEm23

MissEm23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

OK-- I am going to over look the "half way out of Virginia" comment. You don't have to leave Virginia to get to the Atlantic, guys. Just drive East. Crossing state lines is not necessary, but I digress.

I had the same thought, but geography isn't exactly the show's strong suit.

He wants her to give up her soul, which presumably means turning

I don't think Damon is being literal. The show hasn't established if vampires even lose their soul. In fact, it kind of leans more towards making me believe that they do still have souls. Regardless, I think he just means that she made a sucky deal with Elijah. Very true to form for Elena. I loved the line about it being Elena's call, and Damon says: "You know what else was her call? Every bad thing ever." That might just sum up the entire series, actually.

I, too, am baffled by the sequence of events from the promo. I always try to put the scenes together in my mind, and I'm never even remotely close. I did notice that when Vamparic opens the storage unit, the other crap is there, but it looks like there's no coffin. Maybe they witchified a decoy storage unit? Or moved it before he got there?

Oh, and I totally agree that Elena will choose a Salvatore, and that it will definitely NOT be endgame. This show is Dawson's Creek with vampires (in a good way). The triangle will continue until the bitter end. It's extremely comforting to me that TVD is DC with vamps because Damon is Pacey (=endgame), but it won't happen until the series finale. I think the logical choice story-wise right now is Damon, but I'm sure Stefan will get at least one more go 'round before we're anywhere near endgame.

starfury303

starfury303

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

What we haven't seen yet is what Damon and Elena would look like in a relationship. I think that's the obvious next chapter of this storyline.

Ironically that it's obvious is the one thing that makes me think it might not happen - TVD does occasionally throw in surprises (I never saw Jenna dying coming, for instance). Still, I think Damon is odds-on. I wouldn't be surprised if they made us hang for the summer, though - I'm going to be really peeved if she chooses and they do a cutaway shot so we don't see who it is until the next season, for instance.

I think the big cliff-hanger now is whether Elena also turns, and I am betting no on that. I wish the promo hadn't spoiled that she recovers from lying unconscious and bleeding at the end of last episode. But I do think that it's too early in the series to make Elena a vampire. There are too many plots that hang on her being human (Klaus and his hybrids, the doppelganger bloodline in general, the whole 'Elena wants a real life with kids' thing). The one I'm worried about not surviving that plunge off Wickery Bridge is Matt. He's been a bit superfluous, plot-wise, this season.

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

I think the big cliff-hanger now is whether Elena also turns, and I am betting no on that. I wish the promo hadn't spoiled that she recovers from lying unconscious and bleeding at the end of last episode. But I do think that it's too early in the series to make Elena a vampire.

I agree, and I also think it's necessary for Elena, as the female lead, to remain human - the show was always about a mix of human and vampire, and it's telling that the only character who was vamped and stuck around was Caroline, and it was really a way to bring her into what was happening, as she was just a clueless human before (Tyler doesn't really count, as he was a supernatural creature before that - I would have liked to see him sacrificing himself to get rid of Klaus, and maybe finding out that Klaus's death didn't necessarily result in his own, but I guess we went with dessication instead. Whatevs).

Also, I don't agree that Elena as a vampire will be loved by the boys as much as Elena as a human - I think Damon and yes, even Stefan are kinky like that, lol! I think Elena being human and fragile and different provides an extra frisson for them, which might not survive her vamping. But I could be wrong. Jenna, Tyler and Abbie all came out of left field for me!

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 5:51 AM

Ironically that it's obvious is the one thing that makes me think it might not happen - TVD does occasionally throw in surprises (I never saw Jenna dying coming, for instance). Still, I think Damon is odds-on.

But to me, the shocker is going to be that she DOES choose Damon, in defiance of making the decision everyone - including Damon - expects (i.e., to stay with Stefan). For once, Elena is going to make the selfish choice. She's going to go with what SHE wants.

Also, I don't agree that Elena as a vampire will be loved by the boys as much as Elena as a human - I think Damon and yes, even Stefan are kinky like that, lol! I think Elena being human and fragile and different provides an extra frisson for them, which might not survive her vamping.

It would be interesting if Elena chose Damon while she was still human, and continued to want him after being vamped - but Damon's feelings were impacted negatively by the change. It would be more consistent with canon if Stefan were the one to turn away from her after she became a monster like him, but of course they could decide to make this the twist.

Luluzinha

Luluzinha

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Well, if that happens, she should just go with Elijah then!
I am one of those that hopes she does turn and does choose Damon.
There is going to be some kind of twist, but a part of me just wants to not guess it so that I can be surprised...

Arjumand

Arjumand

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

I am one of those that hopes she does turn and does choose Damon.

I do want Elena to choose Damon, I don't know, I think they have much more chemistry together than Elena and Stefan. Though I'd rather there was no choice at all, or an "I choose me!" moment.

I think the 'turning' twist would be much more interesting if Jeremy became a vampire. It would be wonderfully ironic considering his Season 1 quest to become a vampire, and his recent wanting 'a day without vampires'. It's like he gets what he wanted when he doesn't want it anymore, and it would further twist the knife in Elena's heart, lol.

But I don't want them to kill him off because of that, especially as it seems the show has a quota of allowed vampires, and it's full. So, Plec, no vamping of Jeremy if it means you kill him off immediately afterwards.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I really thought it was Katherine in the promo too. I had to pause it and look closely, only to be disappointed.

I did the same and was so mad when I realized it was Bonnie! I hope they are saving Katherine for coming back on Stefan's arms after Elena (hopefully!) chooses Damon and Stefan skips town.

do think that it's too early in the series to make Elena a vampire. There are too many plots that hang on her being human

I actually think it's time. It makes sense with the Alaric thing, although they can resolve that another way I'm sure. As for the other, we already kind of disposed of Klaus, and he was the only one who gave a damn if she was human. If she turns we can deal with her dealing with being a vampire, as well as everybody else dealing (Salvatores, Bonnie, Jeremy, etc.). We can have the council on people's backs after Alaric gets them riled up. We can (hopefully, again!) have a vamp Kat and vamp Elena showdown! I'm sure Stefan also would have to get used to her being a vamp, I don't see it bothering Damon.