Promos, Previews, Sneak Peeks and Unspoiled Speculation

• Please log in to reply

1480 replies to this topic

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

OK, so we know Damon and Stefan have to save her - AGAIN - from the Originals this week.

Yes. After Elena throws a hissy fit about Damon, who is free and single and been told to back off, having sex with Rebekah, and after Stefan gets all judgmental and critical of Damon again, Damon will be expected to help Stefan save Elena from the Originals.

It would be damn funny if Damon helps because he doesn't want Rebekah to die. It will never happen, but it would be hilarious if Damon somehow some way wound up siding with Rebekah, Elijah and Kol.

newms

newms

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

Damon should just sit on his massive chair by his fireplace with a bourbon in his hand, and let everyone grovel at his feet whenever they want something.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Damon should just sit on his massive chair by his fireplace with a bourbon in his hand, and let everyone grovel at his feet whenever they want something.

Like the don in 'The Godfather.' I like that image. :)

lovemytvshows

lovemytvshows

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

With the introduction of this Sage character, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that she'll probably be this awesome vampire character who eventually gets killed off after 2 or 3 episodes (or depending on how long her story-arc lasts).

TPTB is well known for killing off guest characters every episode (Trevor/Slater/Anna/Pearl etc. we hardly knew ye!) so statistically, Sage is a goner. This annoys me greatly and while in the past these deaths added to the twist and turns at the end of every episode that this show is well known for, it's now annoying and unnecessary. It feels like TPTB are just doing it for pure shock factor.

I would also like to add that she'll probably die/be killed so that Elena's life will be saved. Eff that shiz, just kill Elena already!

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

The Vampire Diaries: Episode 3.16 “1912″ – Extended Promo

This seem like a filler episode to me. Boring.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

Not to me. I've been waiting FOR FREAKING EVER to see some of Damon's back story. God knows we've seen enough of Stefan's, but next to nothing of Damon's. I'm ridiculously excited by this preview.

Kara1940

Kara1940

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

The Vampire Diaries: Episode 3.16 “1912″ – Extended Promo

Filler episode is exactly what I was thinking, glad to know I wasn't the only one less then impressed. Never read the books but I really have no interest in meeting Sage, yet another vampire for the Salvatore's past. Especially when they barely deal with the current cast apart from the main three, and now the Originals I'd much rather them bring back Katherine, find some way to bring back Lexi, or keep Elijah and Kol in town.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Not to me. I've been waiting FOR FREAKING EVER to see some of Damon's back story. God knows we've seen enough of Stefan's, but next to nothing of Damon's. I'm ridiculously excited by this preview.

Me to. Damon is one of the few characters on the show I still like, and am interested in so I can't wait for this episode.

newms

newms

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

Me to. Damon is one of the few characters on the show I still like, and am interested in so I can't wait for this episode.

Me three. Damon is by far my favourite character on the show and I have been dying to see his back story since forever. It does seem a little out of place with everything that is going on but I am hopeful because I think Damon is the only character that has been consistently well written since the start of the show.

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I wonder what will bring about this little trip into the past? What's the deal with Sage? She's a vampire, who may also be the daughter of the Devil? Sweet. Do we know if she appears in current time, which prompts the explanation, or is this merely part of some backstory?

Who would Damon be sharing this with, and why? Are Klaus and Rebekah looking for some bit of information, and Damon and Stefan decided Sage might be a source? I hope it's not just Stefan and Damon comparing notes on who turned to the dark side, when, and why? We've already seen enough of all that.

On another note, I think I want to predict that Jeremy's return will somehow be at the hands of some member of the Original Family. And I could actually see Elijah's dying down the road to save Jeremy's life, out of admiration for Elena, of course. Not because Elijah values Jeremy at all.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Rebekah and some other people have said you can't be both a witch and a vampire. Is it possible that Sage is a witch and a vampire so that's why she might be helpful in killing Klaus?

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Episode Synopsis for episode 3.16

THE MURDER MYSTERY DEEPENS — The present-day murders in Mystic Falls remind Damon (Ian Somerhalder) of a similar crime spree a century earlier. In flashbacks to 1912, Damon recalls a beautiful vampire, Sage (guest star Cassidy Freeman), who showed him a whole new way to exist. Sheriff Forbes (Marguerite MacIntyre) warns Damon not to get involved in her investigation, but Damon is convinced she’s going after the wrong suspect. Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Matt (Zach Roerig) resort to breaking and entering in their search for evidence to prove Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey Devitto) is a murderer. For reasons known only to her, Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt), becomes interested in locating one of the town’s oldest landmarks. Finally, Elena comes to a new understanding of the path her life has taken, and Damon makes an emotional confession to Stefan (Paul Wesley).

Alaric ,nor Bonnie is mention in this episode. However Rebecca is present in this episode . Does anyone think Sage might be the resident serial killer? I think so.

Elviriel

Elviriel

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 6:25 PM

Damon makes an emotional confession to Stefan (Paul Wesley).

Count me in ! Let's hope it's not about Elena, though.

No Caroline ? Inconceivable !! I hope she's in this episode.

Kara1940

Kara1940

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Alaric ,nor Bonnie is mention in this episode. However Rebecca is present in this episode . Does anyone think Sage might be the resident serial killer? I think so.

I agree with you about Sage. At first I I was thinking the murders may have been linked to the rumored entrance of Samantha Gilbert due to the Gilbert connection, but now I am leaning more in Sage's direction.

And I'm hoping Alaric and Bonnie have some presence in this episode considering the cliffhangers from last episode for both the characters. Also happy for more Damon and Rebekah (Dabekah?) scenes, and possibly Stefan and Rebekah scenes? I am so curious to know if Stefan has any residual feelings about Damon and Rebekah's hook up. Not necessarily jealousy but anything on his part?

Damon makes an emotional confession to Stefan (Paul Wesley).

Count me in ! Let's hope it's not about Elena, though.

Word! Love the brothers scenes in whatever form we get them, especially when Elena is not concerned (which sadly is so rare.)

Jewlstone

Jewlstone

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

I think this is the first episode of TVD I'm not looking forward to.

1) According to the synopsis, the only series regulars in this episode are Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Matt. And I'm still mad at 3 out of the 4 in that list.
2) HOW is Alaric not in this episode when the cliffhanger was him being shot?!
3) Of course, Bonnie's reaction to something major happening to her is yet again shown offscreen.
4) 90% of this episode seems to be flashbacks. I have been waiting a long time to learn more about Damon's past, but this seems oddly placed. Unless...
5) Sage is the killer. It would be ridiculous because there have been no hints, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened this way.
6) Please please PLEASE tell me the "emotional confession" Damon makes to Stefan isn't about Elena.

The only interesting thing to me is that I'm now more sure than ever that I am right about Meredith being innocent.

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Well, based on the synopsis, Damon remembers something like this happening before, about a 100 years ago. So, 100 years ago someone was zipping around Mystic Falls killing members of the Founding Families. It has to be someone supernatural, and of the vampire variety. Sage is a likely candidate then.

Samanatha Gilbert is probably just a MF resident of that time, who sounds like she's a gossip. She probably feeds Sage her information, but is nothing more significant.

Rebekah is on the prowl for the White Oak? Actually, I think it would be funnier if the tree itself is long gone, but it scattered all over town in the form of various pieces of white oak furniture, maybe even someone's white picket fence made from white oak. She can haunt all the antique stores in town, and eyeball every rocking chair on every porch in town, wondering if they are made from "the tree."

Matt and Elena breaking and entering, well at least that suggests they have been left to their own devices. If they had any supernatural help, they wouldn't be resorting to breaking and entering.

Alaric is probably in the hospital or missing, and Bonnie and Caroline probably had to take Abby back to Abby's place to allow her to adjust to her new status as a vampire.

Damon's emotional confession. Hmm? I assume this scene is set in current times, and it's not a confession from circa 1912. What does Damon have left to confess? It has to be something about his feelings for Stefan or his feelings about himself in relation to his brother.

It could be some type of explanation about what happened with Bonnie and her mother, and why he did it and how he feels about it, but I tend to think it's something more deeply rooted in the brother's relationship.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

2) HOW is Alaric not in this episode when the cliffhanger was him being shot?!
3) Of course, Bonnie's reaction to something major happening to her is yet again shown offscreen.
5) Sage is the killer. It would be ridiculous because there have been no hints, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened this way.
6) Please please PLEASE tell me the "emotional confession" Damon makes to Stefan isn't about Elena.
The only interesting thing to me is that I'm now more sure than ever that I am right about Meredith being innocent.

Well since Alaric is not in this episode, it must mean that he 's not dead. As for Bonnie I really wasn't expecting to see her pain,or anything like that, since the show have the habit of letting Bonnie show any emotions on screen, especially anger against anyone besides Damon. By the time Bonnie is on screen again, wanna bet she will not be upset at Elena,nor Stefan?

Sage being the killer do sound ridiculous, but I can see the show doing something like that. Since it no way the show is going to have a regular as the killer (although it would have been awesome if the killer was Matt,or Alaric). One thing people point out was that the people who were killed was all connected to Meredith, but we fell to notice that all of them were male.

Damon's emotional confession. Hmm? I assume this scene is set in current times, and it's not a confession from circa 1912. What does Damon have left to confess? It has to be something about his feelings for Stefan or his feelings about himself in relation to his brother.

...It's probably something about Elena. Maybe he will confess that the kiss wasn't the first time, but the second time they have kissed,or something like that.

New Episode Titles:

3.16 "1912"
3.17 "Break On Through"
3.18 "The Murder of One"
3.19 "Heart of Darkness"
3.20 "Do Not Go Gentle"

Episode 3.20 's title reminds me of part of a poem . Does the title reminds anyone else of part of a poem?

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

Episode 3.20 's title reminds me of part of a poem . Does the title reminds anyone else of part of a poem?

It's Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night by Dylan Thomas

Edited by Albion19, Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:36 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

It's Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night by Dylan Thomas

Thanks. The title and the poem sound like someone is dying. I hope it's not Klaus. I think it's pass the time to kill Klaus. It was o.k when he was a threat to Elena. But not that he know longer pose a threat,what the point.

I think that maybe Katherine ,or Alaric,or one of the council member will die.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

Thanks. The title and the poem sound like someone is dying.

Yes, and no. The poem is actually about fighting against death and not accepting it, right up to the end. Thomas wrote it when his father was dying.

In the context of the show, it could reference a fight against death that ultimately turns out to be successful. IOW, the episode might not include an actual death, just the threat of one.

cibershe

cibershe

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

I think that Klaus is most definitely still a threat to Elena. Maybe her life is not in immediate danger from him, but he does still plan to "bloodjack" her to make his hybrids for the rest of her life. And if she doesn't willingly "donate" the blood to him there is nothing stopping him from kidnapping her and hiding her away somewhere. Klaus is powerful and immortal and cares nothing about Elena as a person, just as a blood source for his hybrids.

Speaking of which, now that The Salvatores no longer have the coffins to hold over Klaus' head I fully expect the return of the hybrids. I think Klaus is going to want some revenge, most certainly again Stefan for holding the coffins hostage and blackmailing him into sending the hybrids away, and probably against Damon, Bonnie, and Caroline for the parts they played in trying to kill him.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

Speaking of which, now that The Salvatores no longer have the coffins to hold over Klaus' head I fully expect the return of the hybrids. I think Klaus is going to want some revenge, most certainly again Stefan for holding the coffins hostage and blackmailing him into sending the hybrids away, and probably against Damon, Bonnie, and Caroline for the parts they played in trying to kill him.

I think Klaus is going to be much too concerned about the possible threats to his and his siblings' lives to think about revenge at this point. His mother is still out there with Finn somewhere, and I'm betting that the Originals are still linked by the blood spell as well. Also, there is the fact that Rebekah discovered the deadly white oak has been reborn, so another threat now exists too.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

Elijah already said his family wouldn't harm them. If Klaus wanted to revenge against them he would have done so already. He would have killed them when they dagger Kol., but he didn't. Klaus had plenty of chances to kill Stefan ,and Damon, but he haven't. Which is why I think the whole lets kill Klaus thing is getting old,and making the guys look less then heroic .

I think that Klaus is most definitely still a threat to Elena. Maybe her life is not in immediate danger from him, but he does still plan to "bloodjack" her to make his hybrids for the rest of her life. And if she doesn't willingly "donate" the blood to him there is nothing stopping him from kidnapping her and hiding her away somewhere. Klaus is powerful and immortal and cares nothing about Elena as a person, just as a blood source for his hybrids.

I donate blood every week to blood source, so I do not think it that much of a big deal. Big whoop, poor Elena has to donate blood to Klaus to make his hybrids. What about all those people who donate blood, so Damon,Caroline and Stefan can drink it? You do not hear them complaining. The hybrids are easily killed, and there are worse things out there than Klaus's hybrids. Besides Klaus hasn't made any new hybrid in a while, even after Stefan killed most of them.

Edited by luvprue1, Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:53 PM.

cibershe

cibershe

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

I donate blood too. If I find out that LifeShare is giving my blood to an evil vampire to make his hybrids instead of using it to SAVE PEOPLE'S LIVES I am so quitting that place.

What about all those people who donate blood, so Damon,Caroline and Stefan can drink it? You do not hear them complaining.

Those people do not donate blood so that Damon, Caroline and Stefan can drink it, they donate it to the Mystic Falls hospital and Damon, Caroline and Stefan STEAL it. I'm sure they would be complaining if they knew where their blood was actually going.

Edited by cibershe, Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:06 AM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

Those people do not donate blood so that Damon, Caroline and Stefan can drink it, they donate it to the Mystic Falls hospital and Damon, Caroline and Stefan STEAL it. I'm sure they would be complaining if they knew where their blood was actually going.

But that is exactly where it's going. But if Elena smart she gives Klaus her blood and he will protect her and her future family for the rest of their natural born life. She will not be in danger week after week, so it a small price to pay. As for the hybrids, well there are a lot of worse things than hybrids. Aka Sage.

Sweets

Sweets

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

I think that maybe Katherine ,or Alaric,or one of the council member will die.

A NO to the first one and a big fat NO to the second one. I could care less about other random council members.

I'd be OK with the first 2 fighting against death and winning, but I really really don't want either of them dead forever.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:10 AM

I'd be OK with the first 2 fighting against death and winning, but I really really don't want either of them dead forever.

Well usually a season finale death involved a character that people love. (re:Jenna,John) I can see them killing Katherine off, because Katherine need to die before they even think about Elena turning. If they still planning on turning Elena. Alaric's death would send Damon over the edge, which will likely bring him and Elena closer together. So it all depends on what they are planning on doing.

Kara1940

Kara1940

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

#TheVampireDiaries 3.17 synopsis (March 22) "Break on Through"

FAMILY HISTORIES — A century after their first encounter, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Sage (guest star Cassidy Freeman) meet again at the ceremony to kick-off the restoration of Wickery Bridge. Damon is surprised to learn the reason Sage has returned, and pleased when she devises an unusual method to help him figure out what Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) is up to. Abby (guest star Persia White) is having a hard time adjusting to her new reality, despite Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline’s (Candice Accola) efforts to help. When Damon informs Elena (Nina Dobrev) of Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) latest struggles, she reaches out to Stefan to help her save a friend in danger, in hopes that it will help bring Stefan even closer to his humanity. Finally, when Damon discovers a new secret weapon, he lets Stefan in on the news. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine.

Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g70bt8

Hm couple thoughts as I read this. Interesting that Sage is returning to MF present day, seems she will be involved with the murder mystery and with the Orginals somehow. Spoiler thought: Wonder if she knows about the Oak tree Rebekah and Klaus will be looking for, and if that is the new secret weapon Damon tells Stefan about.

Also love that Stefan is still struggling with his humanity, I was hoping that this would be one story line that wasn't rushed. Also like that Elena and Stefan seem to be mending some fences, I think I may really love the new mature relationship that seems to be forming between them- at least I hope so. Also love this new brotherhood that seems to be forming between Stefan and Damon lately, Team Salvatore all the way I say.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

#TheVampireDiaries 3.17 synopsis (March 22) "Break on Through"

FAMILY HISTORIES — A century after their first encounter, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Sage (guest star Cassidy Freeman) meet again at the ceremony to kick-off the restoration of Wickery Bridge. Damon is surprised to learn the reason Sage has returned, and pleased when she devises an unusual method to help him figure out what Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) is up to. Abby (guest star Persia White) is having a hard time adjusting to her new reality, despite Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Caroline’s (Candice Accola) efforts to help. When Damon informs Elena (Nina Dobrev) of Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) latest struggles, she reaches out to Stefan to help her save a friend in danger, in hopes that it will help bring Stefan even closer to his humanity. Finally, when Damon discovers a new secret weapon, he lets Stefan in on the news. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine.

Hm couple thoughts as I read this. Interesting that Sage is returning to MF present day, seems she will be involved with the murder mystery and with the Orginals somehow.

Well I guess Sage will be on the lets kill Klaus train of thought too, since she seem to be a ally. However I think that them still trying to kill Klaus is getting kinda lame. I really wish they would abandon that storyline since it getting kinda old,and makes Stefan and Damon ( who are just as Bad as Klaus) seem like hyprocrites. Especially since they all want to protect Elena.

Of course Damon would become suspecious of Rebecca. He tried to kill her entire family, including her, so of course he's going to question why she still wants to hang around him.

This is the second episodes Synopsis in which Alaric is not mention. What's up with that? What happen to Alaric and Meredith that is what I would like to know?

So Stefan is going to help Abby adjust to being a vampire. That's great! I guess that means when the show returns Bonnie will not be mad at Elena,nor Stefan. The only one she will likely be mad at is Damon....again! This is one reason why I do not ever see Bonnie and Damon getting together. Ever. They make it too impossible by having him be the bad guy all the time.

This sounds like a filler episode to me. Not much happening as far as I'm concern. There is no mention of Alaric,Tyler,or Jeremy. They seem to forgot about Esther and Finn. The character of Sage do not sound all that intriguing .

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Episode 3.18 "The Murder of One" Officail Description

SAVIOR OF THE CURSED AND THE DAMNED — Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) focus a new project that will bring them closer to destroying Klaus (Joseph Morgan), and they quickly bring Elena (Nina Dobrev), Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) in on the plan. After Klaus threatens someone close to Bonnie (Kat Graham), she has no choice but to work on the spell he needs. Meanwhile, Klaus and Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) find the perfect motivator to convince Finn (guest star Caspar Zafer) to cooperate with them, but Rebekah is more interested in her own brutal plan to take revenge on Damon. Stefan’s emotional turmoil leads him to a dangerous confrontation with Klaus and, later, to a heartbreaking moment with Elena. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#318).

I bet Klaus threaten Abby,or Jamie. I seriously getting bored with the whole lets kill Klaus storyline. Klaus could have just killed both Damon and Stefan (the show would have ended) and been done with it. But he allowed them to live. Klaus is no longer a threat to Elena. So now it's really getting boring. I think it would have been better if they work with Klaus to defeat a new threat, one who do want to kill Elena. It would have worked much better.