TVD **SPOILERS** and Spoiler Speculation

• Please log in to reply

6924 replies to this topic

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 11:24 AM

They're bringing back Alaric, Lexi, and Vicki to say goodbye again? This show has run out of ideas. The other side character are better than what the show has right now. They should get rid of Elena and Damon nonsense and give us Alaric, Vicky, Katherine etc..

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 1:48 AM

OMG again, geeze I'm so over the ghosts thing, so overkill.

This show ran out of idea's back in season 3. I stopped thinking this show was going to go anywhere when Julie Plec admitted she wasn't interesting in expanding the supernatural beings beyond witches, vampires, werewolfs, hybrids and ghosts.

The show would of been better off being like Buffy or Supernatual, with a new big bad every season that doe not come back after one season tops, 2 if they are recurring in the first season they are in.

Jeremy moving in with Matt and Tyler was the smartest thing he did all season. I do hope they have some good moments, even though I doubt they showcase the guys living together that much.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:22 PM

From Eonline:

Lola: How about something on The Vampire Diaries or The Originals?
How about something on both? Advice: stock up on your black clothing ASAP. "I think that there will be an impressive body count on both shows by the time the seasons are over," executive producer Julie Plec teases. (And yes, some of them will be kind of a big deal.)

http://www.eonline.c...-world-and-more

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:54 PM

Haha, very funny Julie Plec. Of course you're going to now kill off major characters. Of course I believe the deaths will stick. 

Chas411

Chas411

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 6:05 PM

I can defo see Tyler biting it this season. The way they treat his character is embarrassing.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 12:55 AM

I can defo see Tyler biting it this season. The way they treat his character is embarrassing.

I can see Tyler , or Bonnie being killed off. Neither of them had great storyline this season. Tyler should have been kill off a long time ago when he tried to save the hybrids and go after Klaus....after 2 season of trying to kill him.
Bonnie is a freaking ghost. She no longer interact with her friends or anyone besides Jeremy unless she doing something for them. You hardly ever see Bonnie hang out with Elena and Caroline, and when was the last time Bonnie and Jeremy went on A date? I think the travelers are planning on destroying the otherside. If they succeed what will happen to the anchor aka Bonnie?

...on the other hand Damon is close to dying ever season. Every season Damon almost die , he's "the Kenny" of TVD. However this season they might actually do it. I can see them killing off Damon in the season finale and then sending him to hell. Then season 6 Will open with Stefan and Elena trying to find a way to bring him ( and Katherine) back.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 8:28 PM

Please do not post episode synopses in here. They are not spoilers. They are material released from the network to promote the show, which makes them the opposite of a spoiler. 

If someone posts one here by mistake, please don't respond to it. Report it and ignore it instead. I had to move several posts to the Promos thread because they were off-topic in here. 

Please read through the Spoiler section of the FAQ, and PM me with any questions you may have after reading that. If it's a gray area, it makes sense to err on the side of caution, but this is not a gray area. Thanks.

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:57 PM

I actually liked when Damon met Elena first. That was back in the time when I actually like Damon. Now not so much after he killed Katherine.

Wait. Damon didn't kill Katherine. Stefan did. What do you mean?

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:00 PM

Well Enzo and Liz and whoever else is recurring is of course going to bite it as usual. But really killing off Bonnie or Jeremy again will be a repeat of how many times they died before, this time is must be final and no returns. So there's really only Tyler and Caroline left to die, as Matt's been confirmed a story for season 6.

KatWay

KatWay

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 3:39 AM

Picking up on this (because I'm not the poster who said it, but it leads me to some thoughts on Damon) in the Damon thread.

As for the spoiler, I'll believe they actually kill somebody off for good when it happens. They've done so many fake-outs recently, I don't buy anybody dying except for guest characters and minorities.

Chas411

Chas411

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 7:45 AM

My money is on Tyler because they've reduced his character to nothing.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 3:35 PM

If they are maneuvering towards a Delena/Steroline finale, I can see them killing off Tyler to clear the way completely.

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 4:15 PM

Right now I`m not sure all this "mystic doppelganger bond of the ages and oh look, Stefan and Elena are the last ones and special and secret-keeping and destiny-sharing" isn`t working to a new Stelena angle in the Finale because the narrative forces the characters to be together in new ways. It might be this year`s Sire Bond. Look, it awakens the feelings yadda yadda. And the pendulum swings back. 

And if a "mysterious fate" befalls two of the main characters, my bet is on Stefan and Elena. Maybe they will be transported to magical fairy land or something. Of course everyone will band together to rescue them but when they come back, they will be more in lurve than ever.

Steroline is quite sweet but somehow I still see a lot of "teehee" fan-baiting with it that will ultimately lead to nothing but a "fooled ya".   

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 4:58 PM

As a Stelena fan I hope you are right about the direction of the show but I can’t quite bring myself to believe that those writers will go against the prevailing bad-boy love.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 6:06 PM

Damon basically killed Katherine when he fed her to Silas. That was when might love for Damon change. Stefan couldn't killed Katherine in Memory Lane because he loved Elena so much and couldn't hurt anyone who looked like her.

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 6:13 AM

As a Stelena fan I hope you are right about the direction of the show but I can’t quite bring myself to believe that those writers will go against the prevailing bad-boy love.

It depends on if they`ve written Delena as a couple this badly in Season 5 out of sheer incompetence or with purpose but for me they`ve tried to saintify a lot of Stelena in that episode where Elena tried to jog Stefan`s memory. Admittedly, I was very meh on that since I hated them as a couple and always found them far less perfect then the show tries to pimp it to me.

Would be a shame about Stefan mostly because he is one of the best characters for me right now and I couldn`t stand him when he was a part of Stelena. I`m sure he`ll go right back to being that guy if they reunite. Urgh.

Elena being single or dating someone non-Salvatore and both Stefan and Damon moving on to others would be my preferred scenario now.

truthaboutluv

truthaboutluv

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 11:07 AM

It depends on if they`ve written Delena as a couple this badly in Season 5 out of sheer incompetence or with purpose but for me they`ve tried to saintify a lot of Stelena in that episode where Elena tried to jog Stefan`s memory.

But that was one episode and it can be argued that Elena only romanticized the relationship to Stefan because of his memory loss and her not wanting to throw all the ugly parts of their history at him when he could barely remember a thing. And this is not to say that they may not restart the Stefan/Elena relationship in truth (which will cause me to want to gouge my eyes out as I loathe Elena) but I don't take that one episode as the show trying to saintify Stefan/Elena this season. 

Because after that one episode, I honestly don't think Elena has been shown giving much of a crap about Stefan at all. She had a momentary reaction in finding out he and Katherine hooked up because she's self-involved and can't help making everything about herself but I think last episode was very telling. Yes the writers had Damon throw in the line in the previous episode that Stefan was off with Caroline doing something so I guess to explain why he and Elena never seemed to be a little curious about Stefan's disappearance. But that was still lame in my opinion. 

The last time Elena saw Stefan was his having to go off on some super secret meeting with Caroline to get the antidote for her and Damon. Enzo comes back with the antidote and yet neither has since wondered well then where the hell is Caroline and Stefan, especially Stefan. I mean they got the antidote, so what else is he doing? But they don't or Elena doesn't because she's too wrapped up in how amazing her sex with Damon is while they may not be good for each other. 

Delena has been written as a toxic relationship yes but I'm not sure I buy that this is the writers' way of saying they shouldn't be together, rather than this is their idea of showing how passionate and completely consumed they are by each other which is supposed to be romantic or whatever. Again, who knows what they'll do next season and I'm sure while all three actors are on the show they'll never kill the stupid triangle which is why Stefan is never allowed to have a damn love life but I haven't seen much evidence this season that they're heading for a revisit of Stelena. I guess the upcoming episode will be interesting with Elena's having her fantasies or whatever about Stefan but we already know that Marcos is apparently the one screwing with their minds and planting the fantasies there. 

leopard9

leopard9

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 7:43 PM

I don't see how the writers could revive Stelena.  Stelena was brutally murdered last season and was buried in an unassuming cornfield in this one.  They've had Stefan slowly becoming disconnected from Elena this entire season while Delena has reaffirmed their commitment to each other.  Adding to Elena teasing Stefan before shutting him down and Stefan slowly moving toward Caroline.    I think the writers have crossed the Rubicon with regards to Stelena.

good spellar

good spellar

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 8:10 PM

I'm stumped as far as the triangle goes. On the one hand, DE have both stated they think their relationship is toxic (although it's only recently it's been shown as such, being that they were quite solid in the first half of S5) which to me says the writers are saying "see how bad they are for each other?". On the other hand, the only reason SE are still an option at this point is because they're essentially being forced to love each other because Silas and Amara loved each other, which doesn't exactly spell true love. Although this is the show that had Elena under a sire bond for all of last year professing to love Damon which we were supposed to buy as real, despite her not being in full control of her feelings. So yeah, for the first time in this show I think they have absolutely successfully ruined both ships beyond repair. No matter which way they go now, it won't seem natural. However, I do fully expect SE to be given some time at the end of this season going into the next, but only because the merry-go-round has come back around to them. That's the way these writers seem to think a triangle should be written.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 1:27 AM

Spoiler from TvGuide:

Another hiatus for The Vampire Diaries?! Anything you can give us to hold us over? — Laini
Sure, but it's not exactly good news! As the war between the witches and the Travelers heats up, our heroes will learn that quite a few Mystic Falls residents — including more than one regular character — have Passengers in them. So, ask yourself this: Who do the Travelers need to control?

http://www.tvguide.c...al-1080217.aspx

PithyPeach

PithyPeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 2:18 PM

Lemme guess: it's Damon, thereby exonerating him from any responsibility for his recent killing spree. Cue the swelling "Snow Patrol" ballad for the finale....

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 2:52 PM

I don`t think so. What would have been in it for the Travellers? Sure, it lead to them getting their hands on Enzo and Stefan in a roundabout way but that hinged on so many "what ifs", it would have been super-convoluted. And Damon seems to recollect it perfectly, no Count Chocula blackouts or anything.

My guess is Stefan and Elena because they are the oh-so-needed doppelgangers.

Jeremy is supposed to be immune according to Liv, right? Bonnie should be a no-go also since isn`t she technically still dead-ish/a ghost, just a corporeal one as the anchor? Matt would just be a re-do. That would leave Caro and Tyler and again I wouldn`t see the value of controlling them for the Travellers.      

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 12:11 PM

I don`t think so. What would have been in it for the Travellers? Sure, it lead to them getting their hands on Enzo and Stefan in a roundabout way but that hinged on so many "what ifs", it would have been super-convoluted. And Damon seems to recollect it perfectly, no Count Chocula blackouts or anything.

My guess is Stefan and Elena because they are the oh-so-needed doppelgangers.

Jeremy is supposed to be immune according to Liv, right? Bonnie should be a no-go also since isn`t she technically still dead-ish/a ghost, just a corporeal one as the anchor? Matt would just be a re-do. That would leave Caro and Tyler and again I wouldn`t see the value of controlling them for the Travellers.      

Jeremy is not immune from being inhabited by a traveler. They are not vampires. He just can't be compel.

I think Jeremy could have a traveler inside him. That would explain why he sneak off without telling Bonnie. It would also explain why Jeremy move in with Tyler and Matt. If he's a traveler he would need the traveler knife.

Stefan could have a traveler since he has been hanging around them. It would also explain why Stefan haven't call Damon to come and rescue him.

Tyler could also have a traveler. Since he really have no reason to stick around. So why is he?

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 12:54 PM

Jeremy is not immune from being inhabited by a traveler. They are not vampires. He just can't be compel.

Liv could be wrong, of course. But I think she knows more about the Travellers and the writers put in this line about Jeremy being "immune" to Traveller manipulation (which I take to mean up to and including possession) specifically. I thought about it immediately when I read this spoiler about character having passengers inside them.  

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 8:51 AM

Liv could be wrong, of course. But I think she knows more about the Travellers and the writers put in this line about Jeremy being "immune" to Traveller manipulation (which I take to mean up to and including possession) specifically. I thought about it immediately when I read this spoiler about character having passengers inside them.  

Well the latest spoiler states that a lot of local residents of Mystic Fall will have a traveler, and two from the group. They posed the question " who do they need to take control of?"
So I think Liz will have a traveler, since she's the law, Jeremy, since he's a hunter. Damon , since he is the one looking for the Travelers knife. I think Enzo might have a traveler as well since he spent a whole lot of time with the Travelers, and he could be working for them in order to find Maggie.