TVD **SPOILERS** and Spoiler Speculation

• Please log in to reply

6923 replies to this topic

Amisha

Amisha

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

I think Elena is not just connect to Alaric, but she connect to Klaus as well. I think the spell didn't work on Klaus in the manner that they thought. I speculate that since Rebecca is there ( she loves her brother and wouldn't want him harm in any way) that she is there to prevent them from throwing Klaus in the ocean. I think Klaus ( the spoiler said two people under go some changes) will turn "HUMAN",and Elena will become a vampire all because of Bonnie's spell.

Oooh, I like this. And having Bonnie's spell be responsible for Vamp!Elena would avoid the which brother should turn Elena complication. Human!Klaus is ripe with possibilities though I wonder if they would really kill off Alaric this quickly. I assumed he was being set up as the S4 big bad. Unless maybe the council becomes an unforeseen menace.

spatialist

spatialist

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

Elijah will be back for the season finale, according to E!:

Of course, we had to ask Daniel about the Vampire Diaries upcoming season three finale, which yes, he will he a part of. "I'm coming back. There's a hot mess in Mystic Falls. It's a hot mess! We need a little Elijah to restore some order," Daniel teases of his reappearance.

While Daniel couldn't say too much about the finale, he warns fans to "brace" themselves as the episode is "just going to rock the foundation of the fandom. It's stunning what the writers have done. I love what [executive producer] Julie Plec has done. I'm as eager as the fans to see how it evolves. It's deeply tragic. You can expect some tragedy. That's all I can really say. Whatever's happening with this group of people is about to be changed forever."

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

Oooh, I like this. And having Bonnie's spell be responsible for Vamp!Elena would avoid the which brother should turn Elena complication. Human!Klaus is ripe with possibilities though I wonder if they would really kill off Alaric this quickly. I assumed he was being set up as the S4 big bad. Unless maybe the council becomes an unforeseen menace.

I would love for Bonnie to be responsible for Elena being turned, either that or Bonnie turn evil. I just want Bonnie to have a interesting storyline.

Preview for "Departed"

In the preview, "Alaric" confronts "Jeremy" (Steven R. McQueen) and "Damon" (Ian Somerhalder) in search of "Klaus" (Joseph Morgan), who's been desiccated by a spell. Also arriving back on the scene is "Elijah" (Daniel Gillies), who asks "Stefan" (Paul Wesley) to trust him for some reason. Also previewed is a moment when "Elena" and "Matt" (Zach Roerig) are in the car and find "Rebekah" (Claire Holt) in the middle of the road, causing them to crash off of the Wickery Bridge.

Yes, Elena is going to be turned. Elena has one of the brothers vampire blood in her, so if she crash, she will likely be turned. I bet if she become a vampire, she will than chose Damon. She likely to remember Stefan compelling her to forget ,and Damon telling her he love her.

This person claim that they have the inside scoop on the vampire diaries season finale "Departed". I do not know if he is telling the truth,or lying. However I found it interesting.

Fake/or Spoiler

The episode is very heavy of matt and elena, when it comes to the choice between stephan and damon, elena chooses neither and she later speaks to matt leading to more flash backs, leading to her and him rekindling an old flame between the two as she decides its best to lead a human life and not tear the brothers apart.

Bonnie and Jeremy also share a kiss and try to work things out, leading to her having to break up with Jamie, telling jamie that her feelings for him may have always been out of feelings for jeremy. Closing jamies character.

Matt and Elena are driving out of mystic falls when Klaus sister arrives to stop them and get information on where her brother is, but the car crashes off the bridge, more flash backs occur, with matt and elena both unconscious, Rebekah saves matt from the car wreckage she was going to save elena but stops because this will allow her brother to choose her family over the hybrids.

as elena drowns, more flash backs occur, with her parents, then of stephen, then she dies. Leading us to think what next.

Edited by luvprue1, May 5, 2012 @ 8:40 AM.

LolaDances

LolaDances

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

I would love for Bonnie to be responsible for Elena being turned, either that or Bonnie turn evil. I just want Bonnie to have a interesting storyline.

Preview for "Departed"

Yes, Elena is going to be turned. Elena has one of the brothers vampire blood in her, so if she crash, she will likely be turned. I bet if she become a vampire, she will than chose Damon. She likely to remember Stefan compelling her to forget ,and Damon telling her he love her.

This person claim that they have the inside scoop on the vampire diaries season finale "Departed". I do not know if he is telling the truth,or lying. However I found it interesting.

Fake/or Spoiler

Yeesh, if those spoilers are true, at least it would finally cure me of my Vampire Diaries addiction, because I don't think I would keep watching the show if it took that direction.

The Elena dying, and then being turned, I think would actually help the show substantially (no more Elena as the constant damsel in distress), but for them to take a total 180 and choose Matt? That seems insane, and as though it would drive off a lot of fans who have been suffering through the triangle for an entire season. Also, that seems like it would mean that we'd be in for another entire season of Delena versus Stelena (because c'mon, can you see TPTB keeping Matt and Elena together for any real length of time?), which I think even the most hardcore fans want a resolution to at this point.

Edited by LolaDances, May 5, 2012 @ 9:51 AM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Yeesh, if those spoilers are true, at least it would finally cure me of my Vampire Diaries addiction, because I don't think I would keep watching the show if it took that direction.

The Elena dying, and then being turned, I think would actually help the show substantially (no more Elena as the constant damsel in distress), but for them to take a total 180 and choose Matt? That seems insane, and as though it would drive off a lot of fans who have been suffering through the triangle for an entire season. Also, that seems like it would mean that we'd be in for another entire season of Delena versus Stelena (because c'mon, can you see TPTB keeping Matt and Elena together for any real length of time?), which I think even the most hardcore fans want a resolution to at this point.

I agree. I mean, the only part of that (hopefully) fake spoiler is Elena most likely being turned. Her choosing Matt doesn't make sense to me. They broke up a year and a half ago, they only recently started talking again and she's gonna choose Matt? Why not just stay single? I could fankwank that it's a last minute panic decision or maybe it's because of her head injury, but I'd rather she didn't choose Matt and run off with him. She wouldn't run.

Not to mention that Jeremy/Bonnie part pisses me off. And the actor who plays Jamie actually mentioned that he thought/hoped that there would be more Jamie/Bonnie next season so Jamie and Bonnie breaking up doesn't really make sense to what he said. And I don't want a stupid love triangle (or Jeremy/Bonnie together ever, ever, ever again). I mean, I've finally grown to like Bonnie and I've always liked Jeremy but I hated them as a couple.

sawyerspet

sawyerspet

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

ep,

Yep. What would be the point to watch except to think that her "choice" of Matt would last all of about 1/2 an episode and then we're back to the dueling brothers.If true, I'm sure this is some finale ploy to make us think one thing, and then come next season, and really nothing will have changed because Elena and Matt won't remember a damn thing and we're back to same old, same old. Julie Plec needs to get a grip. This kind of making a mockery of an entire season of plots and teasing is going to cost her leagues of fans who are just going to yell "ENOUGH!"

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Lucky Matt, third pick must be a great feeling. If that is true, it will make Elena completely despicable. She would have strung Damon and Stefan on, and then because she can't be along, picked Matt even though she doesn't have any real feelings for him. Then, when she is eventually turned, she'll drop Matt like a hot potato because forever with a vampire is now an option.

I can't remember, what did Stefan compel Elena to forget?

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

There's been a lot of speculation that Stefan compelled Elena to forget what really happened the night of her parents' accident. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's possible.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

There's been a lot of speculation that Stefan compelled Elena to forget what really happened the night of her parents' accident. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's possible.

Thanks. I know Julie Plec has said they aren't rewriting what they said about the accident. There was nothing supernatural involved, but I guess it's possible that he still compelled her in someway.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

Thanks. I know Julie Plec has said they aren't rewriting what they said about the accident. There was nothing supernatural involved, but I guess it's possible that he still compelled her in someway.

I'm thinking it's possible that he made her forget something that happened AFTER he saved her. Or possibly, that he wasn't the one who saved her at all. There was that spoiler floating around a couple of weeks ago that said something about a known fact from the show's past maybe turning out to be not true. There's been some speculation that Damon was the one who actually saved her, but I'm not sure I buy that one either. It doesn't fit.

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

There was that spoiler floating around a couple of weeks ago that said something about a known fact from the show's past maybe turning out to be not true. There's been some speculation that Damon was the one who actually saved her, but I'm not sure I buy that one either. It doesn't fit.

Better yet, how about if it turned out that Katherine was the one to save Elena because she wanted to make sure she had a human Doppelganger to barter for her own life with Klaus? Perhaps Katherine was watching Elena and was getting ready to swoop in and nab her? That night on the bridge, Katherine didn't even know Stefan was in town, and she rushed to save Elena and exposed herself to Stefan. Maybe Katherine and Stefan struck a deal. Katherine would leave Mystic Falls and not come back, and Stefan would never tell Damon that she was still alive.

Then Katherine compelled Elena to forget seeing her "other self" and Stefan that night on the bridge. When that news comes out it, it would have some ripples. If Stefan knew all along that Katherine wasn't in the tomb, he should have just told Damon rather than letting him open a tomb full of vampires. Think of all the things that stemmed from opening the tomb--Grams died. All the tomb vamps got out. Jeremy found out about vampires through Anna, and tried to kill himself to be one.

The whole Gilbert device plot became necessary to round up the tomb vamps and that triggered the accident that caused both Tyler and Caroline to end up turning into a werewolf and vampire.

Lots of good stuff that could be tracked back to a little lie like that!

Although, I would assume Katherine left Stefan in the dark about the whole "doppelganger" business. She probably just high tailed it out of town, and went to work on the moonstone portion of the problem, knowing that Stefan was unwittingly keeping the doppelganger safe for her.

Edited by KatTV, May 5, 2012 @ 4:55 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

I agree. I mean, the only part of that (hopefully) fake spoiler is Elena most likely being turned. Her choosing Matt doesn't make sense to me. They broke up a year and a half ago, they only recently started talking again and she's gonna choose Matt? Why not just stay single? I could fankwank that it's a last minute panic decision or maybe it's because of her head injury, but I'd rather she didn't choose Matt and run off with him. She wouldn't run.

It make sense if you recall what Caroline said to Matt. Matt has been hanging around Elena a lot lately with the hope of them getting back together. Elena is very vulnerable so she thinking about the past. I think that Elena decide not to chose,and go off with Matt. I do not think that means she chose Matt, she just chose to hang out with him,or go on a date with him. I do not think she will actual go back to him. They have a car accident soon after , so her and Matt will not happen.

Not to mention that Jeremy/Bonnie part pisses me off. And the actor who plays Jamie actually mentioned that he thought/hoped that there would be more Jamie/Bonnie next season so Jamie and Bonnie breaking up doesn't really make sense to what he said. And I don't want a stupid love triangle (or Jeremy/Bonnie together ever, ever, ever again). I mean, I've finally grown to like Bonnie and I've always liked Jeremy but I hated them as a couple.

right, you talking about a show that just showed Elena making out with Damon, and the next date she goes on a date with his brother. Bonnie relationship with Jamie didn't have any build up of what so ever. He spent more on screen time talking to Caroline than he did to Bonnie , prior to their date. No one really like Jamie,and I doubt they are going to add him to the cast list next season. If they had plan for him to be Bonnie boyfriend, they would have spent more time on them as a couple prior to the dance. Bonnie had shown more concern about Jeremy than she did for jamie. plus, we see Jeremy doing a spell with Bonnie as usual . Not Jamie. I think the actor was just hoping that he will have a longer stay. But I doubt it. I just surprise he wasn't kill off this season. I think they are saving his death for season 4, like they did with Andi.

Well for one he compel Elena to forget how she wound up on the side of the road, for one. He must have compel her to forget how she was save,and who saved her for two. So the big thing is, what else did Stefan compel her to forget? ..better yet, if Elena was out with Matt, how did she wound up Stranded? Matt would never do something like that to Elena. So could Stefan have compel Matt prior to the accident ?

Hamnoo

Hamnoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Well for one he compel Elena to forget how she wound up on the side of the road, for one. He must have compel her to forget how she was save,and who saved her for two. So the big thing is, what else did Stefan compel her to forget? ..better yet, if Elena was out with Matt, how did she wound up Stranded? Matt would never do something like that to Elena. So could Stefan have compel Matt prior to the accident ?

I don't think this is canon.

I also don't mind a) Elena becoming a vampire and b) her not choosing between Damon and Stefan. She's not stringing them along, they both *just* turned from blood-thursty killers back into viable love-interests, and for a teenager, she hasn't done nearly enough sampling. I actually like the idea from the books: She will be with both in the end. Or well, maybe it matters which book you take there, but I'm choosing to view the first three as a finished story.
Running away with Matt is perfectly "reasonable" for her, given the circumstances. Not only was it heavily foreshadowed during the season, it also seems like a typical psychological break. She has been through a lot, I'm guessing the events of the finale will push her over (no pun intended)

Edited by Hamnoo, May 5, 2012 @ 8:51 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 3:58 AM

I think when the car go off the bridge. Rebecca will save Matt, but leave Elena to die in her watery grave. However Damon ( who shown in the preview picture with Rebecca) will find out what happen to Elena, and rush off to save her. Elena will chose Damon like in the book. She will not remember the brother for a while , but she will chose to be with Damon, because he save her. Plus, in the book vamp Elena only get with Damon after she is turned.

Hamnoo

Hamnoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

Not sure how I feel about Meredith staying and I really really hope they don't turn Elena to a vampire at the end of this season. It would make John's sacrifice meaningless to me, and I think enough semi-main characters in the show already turned to vampires and don't want her to turn too.

I LOVE her being turned. The entire third season (if not the entire show) dealt with Elena repeatedly brushing death. That Our Town episode? She's on the brink of death, it's where she "belongs". How many times has she been drained of blood/knocked out/severely injured? Everyone around her is dying, and it's the exact struggle that is inherent in the books, and in my opinion one of the things the books really hit right on the spot. Elena goes from being inserted in the world of the living to being drawn to death, she dies and realizes she can't go back. It's a beautiful moment when she sits outside her own former home and knows she can't get back in.

Regarding Meredith, I don't mind her staying on. Her character wasn't given space to develop this season, she was only an appendix to Alaric's character. So it makes sense to insert her into the story by having her bond with Damon over Alaric. I doubt they will make her a romantic interest. But she can be a buddy, and that's a thing of shiny happy stuff happening right then. Also, she might actually find her way into the group now that Alaric's out of the gang.

TVgirl stuff

TVgirl stuff

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

I hope those spoilers are true. It never made sense to me for Elena to choose one of the brothers. It seems ridiculous that she'd go over to Damon after one make out session (and there wasn't even any build up after that) and say "Let's be together Damon". Please. Girl is confused about her feelings. Given what Stefan has done this whole season, it wouldn't make sense for her to choose him either. I just never bought that Elena would make a choice between them by the end of this season. Opting for a normal life for a while (I don't think going away with Matt means anything romantic, just that she feels safe and normal with him, which might be part of the reason we're getting flashbacks), seems the most logical scenario. Matt has been there for her, they've been friends their whole life, I can buy it. I can't buy her choosing any brother at this point, to me that would make her insane.

I love the sceneraio of Becca letting Elena die because of the hibrids thing. That's consistent. I still don't think she's getting turned though, seems to early to turn her before graduation, my guess is the screen fades to black and next season they find a way to save her, like with a spell ala Jeremy (or maybe they're not too late to revive her).

Of course those are probably fake spoilers, because how would they know? Who even are the leaks? BUt I think they0re very well thought out, so i'm hoping they're actually true. I'd be happy with that, my expectations are way lower, i'm dreading the unbelievability of her actually choosing a brother.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 6, 2012 @ 11:00 PM.
Formatting

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I could see Elena choosing Matt or one of the brothers. She is selfish and always has to have someone to count on, even if it's Matt, someone she isn't in love with. If she chooses Damon or Stefan it doesn't mean she'll be with them until the end of the series. At some point, even if it isn't in the finale, she is going to pick one and the triangle will still be out there before the show is over.

MissEm23

MissEm23

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Those "spoilers" are almost certainly fake. At least most of them are. Julie Plec has directly contradicted several of them in interviews. I mean, she didn't directly address the spoilers themselves, but she has said a lot of things that make them impossible, especially the Matt and Elena one. She said that Matt and Elena had a pretty dysfunctional relationship and even said that it was just as complicated as her situation now (which is absurd since at least he wasn't a vampire but whatever). Plus, she has made it abundantly clear that Elena will choose one of the Salvatores. JP on Elena's choice from EW magazine. I realize that interviews don't count as spoilers, but it's my evidence for discounting the spoilers in question.

I don't think Jaime is remotely significant enough for the spoiler about him to be true, and I think I remember Kat saying that Bonnie and Jeremy were pretty much over.

The parts about Wickery Bridge seem a little more plausible. I think Elena drowns when she turns in the books, but I haven't read them so don't hold me to that. Plus, they have never followed the books at all. JP even asked the cast NOT to read them. I definitely don't think she will be running away with Matt, though. By default, I think she must be Jeremy's legal guardian (terrifying thought), and even if she's not, I don't think she would leave him. Plus all the stuff I said about her choosing a Salvatore.

Hamnoo

Hamnoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

I don't believe those particular spoilers, but going from the previews and the books and all the foreshadowing in this season, frankly I would feel it's a wasted moment if Elena's car falls down Wickery Bridge and she DOESN'T drown. That would be one twist too much.

About Jamie and Bonnie or why Elena is driving with Matt - her "running" away I would be okay with. Running away would be consistent with the books.

Jamie and Bonnie I don't really know. All I know is I don't particularly care for Jeremy- never did. But I understand why he has to be here if Elena needs to die.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

They don't have to be running away. Matt could simply be driving Elena to the hospital. If they found Elena unconscious, they wouldn't wait for Damon or Stefan to get home. Tyler & Caroline probably went home before dark.

She said that Matt and Elena had a pretty dysfunctional relationship and even said that it was just as complicated as her situation now (which is absurd since at least he wasn't a vampire but whatever).

I wouldn't say they have a dysfunctional relationship but them being in a romantic relationship isn't healthy since she is in love with two other guys. That isn't fair to Matt, it's using him because he is human.

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

I tend to believe that most of those spoilers are fake. Elena just apologized to Matt for stringing him along in High School because she didn't know what she wanted, and she should have let him go. That is not a prelude to picking him as the guy in her life.

I guess they don't make white oak the way they used to because that bridge rail did nothing to slow down Matt's careening truck.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 5:33 AM

Klaus set to return..in the season finale!

I was on twitter and the editor , the person who edit the show, said that Klaus will be in the season finale. However she didn't say what he will be doing,or if he will pop up in the flashback. However someone else on the show said he might show up in season 4, since he not over Caroline.

I for one like Klaus,and hope that they do not kill any of the originals off. So I am glad he will be in the season finale.

Luluzinha

Luluzinha

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

Gosh I really hope not. Can't he be dead at least through the summer? Please? Pretty please?

BerryIsHere

BerryIsHere

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:24 AM

Hopefully he springs back to life only to have Evalaric ram the One Stake to Kill Them All into his chest. Cause a very, very dead Klaus is better than a desicated one.

I can't handle another damn season of his whining about how everybody hates him & his pony drawings.

Slingblade

Slingblade

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

Klaus set to return..in the season finale!

Good God. Kill (or at least desicate). Me. Now.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

Joseph Morgan is listed in the credits for the finale. I just don't want to get my hopes up we don't see more then him desiccated. I really adore Klaus.

BerryIsHere

BerryIsHere

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

IS already ruined that we would see Klaus in the finale when he posted that pic on twitter of the 3x22 cover sheet was was clear enough to read the cast list also appearing in the episode.

We also have spoilers that a lot of characters fates will be up in the air at the end of season 3 so I'm getting ready my sacrificial lamb that Klaus will come back only to be rendered super dead instead of mostly dead and we spend all summer pondering poor Tyler's fate

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

IS already ruined that we would see Klaus in the finale when he posted that pic on twitter of the 3x22 cover sheet was was clear enough to read the cast list also appearing in the episode.

I didn't see that. It's on IMDB.

ETA It doesn't actually mean he will be awakened. If the coffin lid is open and we see him, then he'll still be in the credits. I hope it's more though.

Edited by redbudrose, May 7, 2012 @ 12:44 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

Oh, hell no. They killed Jeremy and risked Bonnie's morality to do this damn spell and Klaus might awaken not even two days afterward? That means the spell was for absolutely no reason, which I can't even fathom. Awakening him so soon would be the worst mistake.I don't care for any damn twists. Just keep him dead. I like JM and I sort of like Klaus, but he needs to stay dead until season 4.

ardentshine

ardentshine

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

I don't believe those particular spoilers, but going from the previews and the books and all the foreshadowing in this season, frankly I would feel it's a wasted moment if Elena's car falls down Wickery Bridge and she DOESN'T drown. That would be one twist too much.

When they first brought up Wickery Bridge this season, my initial thought was that they were going back to the books and that Elena would be turned in either the season finale or next season's premiere. And then I decided that they were going to fake out those who had read the books, have her just resuscitated, and then finish off with another twist altogether. But then I read that Matt Davis will be starring in Cult and only doing guest appearances on TVD, which makes me wonder if season four will center around Elena coping with being a vampire. Now, I mostly just want them to go ahead and turn her so that we'll hopefully have fewer episodes next season of people trying to save her from the danger of the week.

When Damon said, "Once more, with feeling!", like so many other viewers, I thought of the BtVS episode. But then I remembered Buffy saying something like, "So Dawn's in trouble. Must be Tuesday." I just don't want that for TVD because I remember how stale it felt on BtVS. I don't want Elena needing saving all the time; if she's going to become a vampire, please let her become badass.