TVD **SPOILERS** and Spoiler Speculation

• Please log in to reply

6923 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 3:32 AM

Spoilers go here. That includes speculation from the books.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 9:33 AM

I wonder if Tyler is a werewolf like in the books?

Hand in a Flame

Hand in a Flame

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 10:52 AM

Well, he is a date rapist like in the books, so it would be interesting, but they'd need to have Klaus come and show him how to do it.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 6:07 PM

Here's a fun bit of casting news:

Jasmine Guy to play Bonnie's grandmother

Ladyraske

Ladyraske

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 7:15 PM

Here's a fun bit of casting news:

Jasmine Guy to play Bonnie's grandmother

That is awesome!! I love Jasmine Guy.

Some interesting character news/changes according to Vampire-Diaries.nt Tyler's dad is the Mayor, & Caroline's mom is the Sheriff. Also according to executive producers/writers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, Meredith will be in the show. She’s not in the pilot for plot reasons.

I really hope its true because Meredith is my favorite character from the books.

Scrapper

Scrapper

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2009 @ 2:51 PM

I wonder if they are building up to a good old fashion town curse/crossroads thing. With everyone's parents having influential town roles. Like they are all connected to the founders who are connected to the brothers and therefore, their maker. The town was built around the supernatural or some such. So, if they are not doing Dawson's Creek more pretty more angst more vamps they can have an excuse for why Elena is spwecial, why Tyler is a Were (maybe), why Caroline is whatever, and why Bonnie is a witch. With Meredith put in for actual normal girl factor.

I also wonder if we will be treated to what happened to Gilberts was not an accident angle.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 8:21 AM

Jasmine Guy as Bonnie's grandmother is the youngest granny I've ever seen. The actress is just 20 years older than Bonnie (and 18 years older than the actress playing Bonnie) which makes her a tad young even for a mother. Witch or not, this is pretty lame casting, considering the fact that the show is set in a world where the supernatural isn't out of the closet - I doubt the show will talk about how much surgery/botox people assume granny pays for. I guess an older woman wouldn't have been glamorous enough or something. *eyeroll*

Scrapper

Scrapper

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 8:34 AM

Acting wise I think Guy will be fun. Looks wise it is a bit lame. But it is the Kevin Williamson show on the CW.

IgnaMom

IgnaMom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 11:36 AM

Jasmine Guy as Bonnie's grandmother is the youngest granny I've ever seen. The actress is just 20 years older than Bonnie (and 18 years older than the actress playing Bonnie)

Jasmine Guy is 47 and I assume that Bonnie is not 27 (which would be a 20 year difference) but more like 17, So there would be a 30 year age difference. If grams and mom both has kids as teens it is possible.

Edited by IgnaMom, Sep 20, 2009 @ 4:41 PM.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 1:32 PM

True, bad math on my part. -.- And yes, Bonnie is 17.

TobinAlbers

TobinAlbers

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2009 @ 7:36 PM

Witch or not, this is pretty lame casting, considering the fact that the show is set in a world where the supernatural isn't out of the closet - I doubt the show will talk about how much surgery/botox people assume granny pays for.

For some reason I feel like it was mentioned that Granny is a LOT older than she looks, she just ages well. And is supernatural with her being a witch and all. I have a feeling that we will get some elaboration/explaination about why she looks so young. I don't think the casting director, Williamson and Plec are THAT ballsy to hire a woman 15-20 years too young to believably be the grandmother of a 17 year old, LOL.

harlotnight

harlotnight

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2009 @ 10:12 PM

For some reason I feel like it was mentioned that Granny is a LOT older than she looks, she just ages well. And is supernatural with her being a witch and all. I have a feeling that we will get some elaboration/explaination about why she looks so young. I don't think the casting director, Williamson and Plec are THAT ballsy to hire a woman 15-20 years too young to believably be the grandmother of a 17 year old, LOL.

Yes, Kevin Williamson mentioned that in an article with TV Guide Magazine:

"It's a timeless role," explains series executive producer Kevin Williamson. "She looks so young because she's a witch! She's a college professor at the local university who teaches the occult. Bonnie starts to think she may be a witch, and it turns out they have a lineage of witches in their family dating back to Salem. Bonnie thinks it's all crazy until she starts doing things like lighting fires."

source

cjardine

cjardine

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 3:29 PM

Arielle Kebbel will play Lexi, Stefan's oldest and best vampire friend. Kebbel has appeared in The Grudge II, American Pie: Band Camp, John Tucker Must Die and The Uninvited. Not impressed with this casting, to be honest..
http://www.bscreview...ampire-diaries/

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2009 @ 4:41 AM

Wow, haven't seen any of those movies, but a quick google showed me enough images to be pretty excited about her - she is really hot. Yes, I'm shallow, but then again, the show isn't filled to the brim with awesome lines and acting.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2009 @ 12:36 PM

Also according to executive producers/writers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, Meredith will be in the show. She’s not in the pilot for plot reasons.

I really hope its true because Meredith is my favorite character from the books.

Oh, excellent! I just posted in another thread that I thought leaving her out was a huge miss.

I also think it's a huge miss that they showed Damon stroking Elena's face in her bedroom - one of my favorite parts in the book was that Damon couldn't get into her bedroom because it was the original part of the house and therefore he hadn't been invited in.

Also forgot about Klaus...bad sign that I already forgot so much about the books I just re-read a year ago before I knew the CW was making it into a series!

IgnaMom

IgnaMom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 9:12 PM

Pictures and episode description from an upcoming flashback episode. Ooh the Salvatore boys looks so cute in their period costumes and hair.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2009 @ 6:48 AM

Aw, they do look cute. IS looks really cute in that soldier's uniform!

bellatora88

bellatora88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 7, 2009 @ 4:56 AM

I think Somerhalder's hair looks weird in the stills. But I'm a sucker for historical costumes and am so excited that a flashback episode is coming so soon!

Sedruol

Sedruol

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2009 @ 1:24 PM

I wish the new crew at TVGuide did a better job at teasing spoilers. Boy, do I miss Matt Mitovich. Anway, here's what they got:

Mild, cryptic spoiler from TVGuide online Mega Buzz:

I have a Vampire Diaries theory: What if Aunt Jenna is actually Jeremy's mom, and that's what her "history" with the newscaster is all about? — Nancy
MICKEY: "Jenna is too young to be Jeremy's mom," says my Vampire mole. But a coy Julie Plec, Diaries' co-executive producer, doesn't completely rule it out either. "Everyone's wondering what the secret behind Elena's bloodline is. They'll have to wait and see!" But we didn't ask about Elena. Oh, wait, I see what she did there. Touché, Plec!

Iio

Iio

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2009 @ 8:08 AM

Matt Davis as Alaric? Via Kevin Williamson's Twitter:

I'm loving my Matt Davis dailies. So exciting. He's a fantastic Alaric!!!

Not sure how I feel about this; I pictured Alaric as younger (wasn't he a TA?).

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2009 @ 2:25 PM

I had to look him up on IMDB because I couldn't remember him for the life of me. I think he'll be okay - I remember Alaric in the books to be a bit older, maybe late 20's. I might have chosen someone a bit more bookish, though. It's funny, in my head I always picture Alaric and nomad vampire Garrett from Twilight to be about the same. Must be the longer hair/ponytail reference. At any rate, didn't he hook up with Meredith? Maybe if she's introduced into the tv series, she'll be coming with Alaric.

Iio

Iio

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2009 @ 10:44 PM

I think he'll be okay - I remember Alaric in the books to be a bit older, maybe late 20's. I might have chosen someone a bit more bookish, though. ... At any rate, didn't he hook up with Meredith? Maybe if she's introduced into the tv series, she'll be coming with Alaric.

Was he? All right, then, I stand corrected. I thought he was a college student. Not that it matters on this show, where half the cast is 25+ playing 17 year-olds. ;)

And they were a couple, yes. I'm curious as to how they are going to bring in the characters. I assume Alaric will replace All-Trades Tanner, but Meredith...? Where does she come in?

Also, from The Ausiello Files:

Question: Rumor has it someone’s dying on Melrose Place. Who is it?! —Shane
Ausiello: It’s not a major character, so relax. If you want to discuss a major upcoming death, ask me who’s going to bite it on The Vampire Diaries.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2009 @ 3:34 PM

You're remembering the college student correctly - but he was a grad student, or at least posed as one. And he served as a TA. So we're both right :) And I'd say a replacement to Tanner is probably an excellent guess. That makes a lot of sense.

Biting it, hmmm. Vicki? I'm interested to see how they'll make Carolyn do that freaky ass crab walk with disjointed limbs if we ever get to that point in the series. But since she's too awesome to die right away, I'll just stick with Vicki. Everyone else seems too crucial.

surfer

surfer

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2009 @ 1:21 AM

Big death? Vicki's almost died twice this season, so I don't think it's her.

I'm guessing Tyler. He's the mayor's son which would tie in nicely with the storyline involving all of the adults. Maybe Vicki will kill him.

Sedruol

Sedruol

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2009 @ 11:00 AM

Followup spoiler from Ausiello:

Question: OK, I’ll bite. Who dies on Vampire Diaries? —Bonnie
Ausiello: Female series regular.

Unless Vicki "redies", I vote for the aunt.

Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2009 @ 5:05 PM

Is the aunt a series regular? She might be credited as such, but she's more of a supporting character who only appears once in a while, would her death be "major"? I can't see them killing off Bonnie at this stage and Vicki dying again would be redundant, so I think Caroline might be in trouble. I hope I'm wrong, though because I love Caroline.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2009 @ 4:24 AM

I can totally see Vicki die as soon as the series is done exploring the "new vamp" issues, in fact it'd be easier then creating a long-term storyline for her. If it's not her, then I vote for Caroline. Bonnie's story just started and if the aunt dies wouldn't that create problems for Elena and Jeremy re: their legal guardian?

Edited by Crim, Oct 27, 2009 @ 4:24 AM.

misteriosa

misteriosa

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 5:36 AM

From SpoilerTV:

The Vampire Diaries series regular death will be either Vicki Donavan (Kayla Ewell) or Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning)and by dead we mean completely no coming back (except maybe in flashbacks,hallucinations or ghost form)kind of dead.. this death will happen within the next two episodes.

UPDATE: Aunt Jenna seems to be in episode 9 promotional pictures...

So it should be Vicki who dies.

GoGoMasha

GoGoMasha

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 5:41 PM

Damn it! I was actually starting to really like Vicki, especially now that she's a newly minted member of the undead. I would have loved to see her development and progression as a vampire. Dumb writers! I'll chalk this up as their first, f--k up of the season. Dumb!

You know they're not going to kill Aunt Jenna, because of the whole child services/foster care scenario that would develop from that. I personally find her to be the most uninteresting, female character. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if they had decided to off her instead. And I think that's precisely why they won't kill her, no one would give a rat's ass if they did.

I wish they killed off one of the uninteresting, male characters instead. And by that I mean Tyler or Jeremy.

Edited by GoGoMasha, Oct 28, 2009 @ 5:42 PM.

fengshoe

fengshoe

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2009 @ 8:04 PM

I'm also very disappointed it seems like Vicki is a goner, granted until she was vamped I didn't care much for her but even then if you asked who I'd rather see die, her or Jenna, I'd pick Jenna in a heartbeat. Vicki is now just getting interesting for me and it seems like such a huge waste to kill her off and to be losing the actress who I was impressed with even when Vicki was annoying me.

Of course the problem with killing Jenna is who would then be Elena & Jeremy's guardian but ugh, she is so dull.