Announcements from the Mod/Questions from the Renfields

• Please log in to reply

131 replies to this topic

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 1:02 PM

Kaboom and Fable, thank you so much. I have read you both on several of our forums, for years. I don't really know how to watch TV without you people anymore. 

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 12:38 PM

Cindy,

When I heard TwoP was closing I had to dig out my log-in credentials and come back to post one last time.  This was the only site I ever registered for and posted on regularly for a while.  You recaps were always a highlight and when they show was in top form, the recaps were simply awesome.  It's been tough to see the show lose its way after the early seasons filled with non stop action and excitement.  The days of 29 or 30 pages of comments after each episode are long gone, and now sadly, the entire site will soon be history as well.

I hope that you land on another site and are able to continue writing and recapping if that is what you would make you happy!

Best of luck!

Kat

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 8:58 PM

Kat, thank you (for making me cry). No, seriously, thank you.

vampirelust

vampirelust

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 3:01 PM

Wow, I never thought I would get emotional over a forum closing down, but I am. I will miss all of the posters here, the conversations here are very mature and posts well thought out. This has been my go to site for a while to discuss TVD and has always enhanced my viewing pleasure. I will miss it very much. 

This is very sad news. Good look to all the mods and especially Cindy, who's recaps have always been a highlight.

PithyPeach

PithyPeach

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 9:11 PM

If the site is officially shutting down on Friday, but the forums will remain open until the end of May, I presume that means the forums will be unmoderated after Friday?

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:31 AM

As I understand it, the mods are staying on through May. (I'm not a mod, so I'm not positive, but when I first heard the news and called the site director, I'm pretty sure that's what he told me.)

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 7:45 PM

Yes, mods stay on through the end at May 31st. The editorial side and recappers lost their jobs as of last week, except for the site director. 

seric26

seric26

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 11:40 AM

Been here since 2004, I'll miss the whole site greatly, but the VD forums were my most favorite. Thanks for sticking it out and channeling the characters so creatively, Cindy!

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 2:44 AM

Thank you, seric36. Thank you for reading and thank you for reaching out. I'm still so sad.

seric26

seric26

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:12 AM

I'm sad, but also getting frustrated: I keep looking to other sites for TV coverage, but they don't have what TWOP did, not even close. I still think you guys offered amazing entertainment value! I'll be on the forums till the bitter end!

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:48 PM

I will, too. I joined Previously.tv (which is lovely) the day of the TWoP announcement, but TWoP is my home until they burn it down. I keep wanting to open my own site with my own reviews and forums, but I'm pretty sure about 4 people would join.

hcs

hcs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 8:27 PM

I would Cindy!! I don't post much here in the forums but |I have loved your recaps of both TVD and OUAT  I even loved when you subbed for Demian  for Supernatural  you have always been my fav recapper.