Announcements from the Mod/Questions from the Renfields

• Please log in to reply

132 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 3:29 AM

Welcome to the brand new expanded The Vampire Diaries subforum! I'll be your dedicated mod here, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread if you have any questions.

Before posting, please read our site FAQ and our list of Dos and Don'ts - even if you've read them before its a good idea to refresh yourself on them.

We are a new forum so go ahead and start threads as you think they are needed - if I think they are unnecessary, I will close them down.

Specific Vampire Diaires Book Spoilers:

BOOK SPOILERS will be treated like regular spoilers. If your speculation is based on either the books or conventional spoiler sources, it goes in the SPOILED column.

There will also be a thread to discuss the show vs. books - this thread will not need book spoiler tags either. If you don't want to be spoiled, stay out of it.

And if you have a funny sub-title for any thread that's already been started, shoot me a PM. If I like it, I'll put it up.

Edited by TWoP Sun, Sep 8, 2009 @ 4:10 AM.

Ladyraske

Ladyraske

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 10:51 AM

I have a question - Kevin Williamson has said in a couple of different articles that a certain character will be appearing. Can I post the information on the Elena thread where some posters have been discussing if the character will appear? Should it have spoiler tags anyway? Or is it better to say "if you want information on this, go to the spoiler thread" and post it there?

Edited by Ladyraske, Sep 12, 2009 @ 10:52 AM.

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 7:04 PM

If it's information in a widespread media (like EW or TVGuide) that can be posted without spoiler tags.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:58 PM

Sun, this is not a procedural question, just something I'm wondering about. Why is the Steven R. McQueen thread subtitled, 'Crack is wack yo"? Is it just because Jeremy seems to be a bit of a druggie or am I missing something about McQueen, and/or one of his other lines in another series? Please to help.

therelikeme

therelikeme

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2009 @ 6:19 PM

I'm guessing because Jeremy's a dealer in the show.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 7:46 AM

Okee dokee. Thanks, therelikeme. That was my guess, but since I didn't even realize young McQueen existed until the VD pilot aired, I figured I'd ask.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2009 @ 7:20 PM

Do promotional pictures and sneak peeks go into the media thread or the spoiler thread? Or should I start a whole different thread for that stuff?

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 7, 2009 @ 12:28 AM

If they're released by the network, they are not spoilers so they can go in the media thread.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2009 @ 12:37 AM

Ok thanks!

Cindy McLennan

Cindy McLennan

Network Executive

Posted Nov 12, 2009 @ 9:27 PM

Everyone, I created the episode thread for tonight. Just so you know, if the mod hasn't gotten a chance to start an episode, you can start one as soon as the East Coast U.S.A. broadcast is over. You don't have to wait for staff to do it.

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 2:21 AM

Thanks Cindy! Yep, what Cindy said.

bookwrm74

bookwrm74

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2009 @ 8:15 PM

Hi Sun! I was wondering if we could start a "You Know You're Obsessed with Vampire Diaries When...." thread. They're always among the most funny, enjoyable and conflict-free threads on TWoP, so I figured it might be fun :)

And, on that same thread requesting note, could we possibly have a general Season 1 discussion thread? I know the season isn't even over yet, but it's always great to have a thread in which to discuss the general tone, direction, storylines, likes/dislikes etc. since a lot of comments we want to make aren't episode specific.

Thanks in advance!

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 20, 2009 @ 3:42 AM

Yes, both of those are fine - go ahead!

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Dec 6, 2009 @ 1:25 PM

Sun, it looks like you already deleted your goodbye thread, so I want to thank you, here. Thankis for getting this fun forum off to such a great start and leaving it so spiffy for us. I'd say I'm going to miss you, but I'm just going to hound you in email, etc., and you're going to come and visit.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

I was just wondering, since we don't have a subforum for it, if it would be okay if I started either a Makeout Connection or Survival game to help us get through the rest of the hiatus?

Edited by Amester0120, Jan 5, 2010 @ 11:54 PM.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 7, 2010 @ 8:27 AM

Yeah, sure. Go ahead.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2010 @ 11:52 AM

Ok thanks. I accidentally spelled diaries wrong...any chance you could fix it for me?

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jan 10, 2010 @ 5:03 PM

Heh. I do that more often than not. All set (I think). Also, I put the plain name before the quippy name.

In general, please do that when you're starting a thread. That is, put the plain, descriptive name, then the colon, then your quip. It's not nearly as fun, but it helps people who are new to the forum find the thread for which they're looking.

mythsnstuff

mythsnstuff

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2010 @ 7:11 PM

This is more a (somewhat) irrational fear than anything I've actually observed (with frequency) thus far, but I'm wondering when we reach the point that "Damon is evil. Period." "No, he's soft and squishy on the inside!" and "Stefan's a goody-goody, and annoying. Let's stake him!" "But he has a daaaaaark side!" become the equivalent of the repetitive, circular hell that fans of that other CW show about brothers know all too well. To clarify, I don't think we're there yet, but would like to make sure I don't ever, ever get there (ever), so if someone could give me some warning signs, so I know when to look away, that would be awesome.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 5, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

Well look, I moderated another CW show about brothers for a really long time (okay, it seemed longer than it was on paper). Unless Cindy up and quits and Damien takes over the recaps for this show, I feel confident that NOBODY wants that less than I do.

That said, I think it's a different case. I don't have any warning signs to give you, though. What I do have is a sign that says, "You must chill. You must chill! I have hidden your keys. Chill." Or possibly: "Let's don't borrow trouble."

The brotherly bonds on Supernatural are much different than are those on The Vampire Diaries. Everything has been lovely here, so far. As long as no one here suddenly feels beholden to act as one of the Salvatore brother's defense attorney (or prosecutor), everything will be okay. Some people are going to hate Stefan and love Damon. Some people are going to love Stefan and hate Damon. Most of us -- are going to love them both, and yet want to throttle them both on many occasions.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Feb 5, 2010 @ 8:43 PM.

mythsnstuff

mythsnstuff

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

Okay, Barnes. It is reassuring knowing that you're around in case of apocalypse. Dialing back the cranky meter...NOW.
Sincerely,
Chicken Little

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 6, 2010 @ 6:50 PM

Announcement I opened up a "TVD Philosophy" thread, so that people have a place to discuss some of the moral questions raised in the series. Enjoy.

AuntieLizard

AuntieLizard

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2010 @ 7:09 PM

I'd like to begin a Katherine Pierce thread. But considering that there's a "Nina Dobrev as Elena" topic already, should we post in the existing one and modify it to "Nina Dobrev as Elena AND Katherine" or can I go ahead and start a new topic on Katherine?

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 7, 2010 @ 7:13 PM

Go ahead and start a topic for Katherine. Elena and/or Nina-related posts can go in the first thread. We'll restrict your new thread to the character, Katherine (discussion of Nina, the actress, in that thread, we can keep to her portrayal of Katherine).

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Feb 7, 2010 @ 7:15 PM.

Morrigan8472

Morrigan8472

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2010 @ 8:09 PM

Can we have a tread for fan works, like videos, stories, and artwork? If for no other reason than I want to see someone make a Damon video set to Lady Gaga's Monster which fits him AND three or four specific scenes of his disturbingly well.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 11, 2010 @ 6:41 AM

Absolutely. I'll start it, now. If anyone comes up with a quippy thingie for the title, let me know and I'll edit it in.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

You don't have to ask permission to start a thread, particularly if it's the kind of thread we have all over the site. If, for some reason, someone starts a thread that doesn't work, the worst that's going to happen is that I'll say why it doesn't work and then I'll close it. (Unless it's something really egregious and I can't even think of any examples for that sort of problem, right now.)

One thing: no bitterness threads and no positivity threads. Spread your bitterness and/or positivity throughout the existing threads -- sort of like frosting.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2010 @ 7:51 AM

Mmmm...frosting...

If for no other reason than I want to see someone make a Damon video set to Lady Gaga's Monster which fits him AND three or four specific scenes of his disturbingly well.

If only I had the talent to create such a fan vid, I would!

Jubi

Jubi

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2010 @ 5:04 AM

Barnes, did you name the fanfic thread? That subtitle gave me a good laugh.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 10:06 AM

Thanks, Jubi. It just came to me. Ahem.

skizzo

skizzo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 2:27 PM

Hey I'm a newbie, and I have question: I tried to start a new topic but wasn't allowed to, then I tried to pm a moderator but I wasn't allowed to send one either, so I'm posting it here.

Is there a minimum post count needed to start a topic? Couldn't find the answer in the FAQ. Am I allowed to start a topic on the character Pearl?

Edited by skizzo, Apr 7, 2010 @ 2:27 PM.