The Real World/Road Rules Challenge

• Please log in to reply

7409 replies to this topic

kell710

kell710

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

I may be the only one, but I am so excited for this new season. Both trailers look great, a good mix of drama, athleticism and strategy mixed into one game.

I know that most don't like Kenny or Evan but I do, and think they are funny in their confessionals, and have good social games, and especially when it pertains to Evan, have good physical games as well.

I don't like Johnny too much, but am glad to see that it looks like another of my faves, Derrick, stills seems to be in good with them. I always root for him in the end.

On the girls side, besides being happy Susie is back, I hope Katie can maneuver it far, and it will be interesting to see how Veronica does. In the second trailer it looks like she was flirting with Evan, which is funny considering all the talk on the Reunion and S#!T They Didn't Show for Duel 2 that him and Rachel hooked up, and it is common knowledge that Veronica and Rachel had a relationship with a bad ending.

MHCBadDude

MHCBadDude

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

it is common knowledge that Veronica and Rachel had a relationship with a bad ending.

Does anyone know what actually happened with the two of them?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2009 @ 1:35 PM

Found out that MTV is airing their 200th episode of True Life on Wednesday, so we'll have another seven days to speculate on the Challenge.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 8:49 PM

Is it wrong that I'm super looking forward to seeing Tonya hit Veronica?

To be honest, it's been so long I no longer recall why I'm sppsd to want her to be slapped!

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

Diem needs to get a real job. I'm sick of seeing her.

However, I will watch every one of these shows as long as Bunim/Ellis keeps cranking them out. I do so wish more people from the first ten seasons of RW would compete and not so many of the Fresh Meat-ers.

Ironman08

Ironman08

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 10:09 PM

I know that most don't like Kenny or Evan but I do, and think they are funny in their confessionals, and have good social games, and especially when it pertains to Evan, have good physical games as well.

The thing is I actually like Kenny when he is not around Evan. And from what I read from people who have met him, Kenny is actually pretty sweet guy. Yeah, i think he has some type of ego, I think he does play it up for the cameras somewhat. But, I rather have Kenny over fucking Johnny Bananas or Evan any day.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2009 @ 10:19 PM

The thing is I actually like Kenny when he is not around Evan.

I'm almost the same way, except I like Kenny and Evan when they aren't around Bananas. Actually, I like Kenny best when he's not around Johanna; she really annoys the crap out of me.

I'm actually curious to see who Veronica is going to be friends with this time around; I can't think think of anyone who actually likes her, though it looks from the commercial that Evan wants to get on Veronica.

I sincerely hope Katie calls Veronica an "acne faced J.Lo coke-whore wannabe" again. I've missed her in full on bitch mode.

Edited by bparhad, Sep 20, 2009 @ 10:20 PM.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 5:22 AM

Diem needs to get a real job. I'm sick of seeing her.

Word! I'm also sick and tired of everyone always giving CancerGirl a pass on her nonsense.

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 11:16 AM

I find Kenny to be weasel-ish. No matter who he gets around on these challenges, he always seems like a giant prick. If he's not really like that in life and that's just teh tv persona he's chosen to go with, well then he needs to go back to the drawing board, stat. I can stomach seeing Evan around (well, he does have a smoking bod!!) and even though he is the king of speaking in giant metaphorical hyperboles, as though his very life hangs in the tenuous balance of fate's cruel hand with every confessional he gives, I feel in his encounters with Coral (especially in the challenge where she confronted him about the "dead weight" conspriracy) we got to see his human side too. Is Kenny human? The jury's still debating on that one.

Is it wrong that I'm super looking forward to seeing Tonya hit Veronica?

To be honest, it's been so long I no longer recall why I'm sppsd to want her to be slapped!

Good point, lol. I do have faint recollections of Tonya clothes being thrown in water, and the mean girls (Veronica and cronies) basically terrorizing her into a near nervous breakdown on one challenge or another. I'm just ready for Tonya to stand up to somebody, anybody! Sheesh, she's been picked on in every challenge she attempts.

Pixel

Pixel

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 12:22 PM

Actually, I think it was Tonya who threw Beth's clothes in the pool, IIRC.

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 12:35 PM

Yeah, you're right!! Dang, someone with more active memory cells than me help me recall that challenge, lol/

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 2:40 PM

I honestly don't care how many challenges come out, I will watch every single one of them faithfully.

Me too! I am probably in the age group that is too old for MTV, but I don't care. I still watch every season of The Real World too, just because I want to know who I"m dealing with on the Challenges.

I find Kenny to be weasel-ish. No matter who he gets around on these challenges, he always seems like a giant prick.

Add me to the Kenny-fan camp because all those things are why I think he's awesome. He may be disgusting and a pig, but I love him. He's totally playing a character, and it works for him. I've seen him show some real sensitivity so I know he's capable. But this it MTV and he doesn't take himself so seriously. He's the best thing to come out of Fresh Meat. And I hated Fresh Meat

I thought that since Evan won the last challenge that we wouldn't have to see him anymore for a long time. I was hoping to never see him again, really. This is too soon.

People I thought I'd never see on a Challenge again: Darrell, Tanya, Veronica, Derrick, Syrus, and Susie. Glad to see Darrell back though. I love to ask people "What is you doin'?" because it makes me laugh and I think of him.

This was in the previews so I won't spoiler it, but someone (I read the spoiler so I know who) hit my Brad! He looked like he got beat half to death. And they want to ban CT.

There are a whole list of people who could use real jobs. However, without them, who would we have to do these shows?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 3:05 PM

Basically, Veronica, along with Tina the Discount Coral and Rachel the Butterface, treated Tonya like shit during most of Inferno II. Tonya smacking the shit out of Veronica would be most appropiate.

tatum

tatum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 9:46 AM

I do have faint recollections of Tonya clothes being thrown in water, and the mean girls (Veronica and cronies) basically terrorizing her into a near nervous breakdown on one challenge or another. I'm just ready for Tonya to stand up to somebody, anybody!

Pixel is right, it was Tonya who threw Beth's clothes in, BUT- Rachel and Vero were cheering her on and laughing about it. I think their encouragement was partly why Tonya did it...yeah she was mad at Beth but she also wanted the others girl to accept her. They did, as long as they had Beth to pick on, but once she was gone, Tonya became their new scapegoat and they did harass her endlessly. Other cast members have pointed out that while Tonya does bring a fair amount on herself, the retaliation is always worse than she deserves.

Jamie1

Jamie1

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 4:56 PM

Can anyone enlighten me about why Brad and Darrell are fighting?

Jabbas

Jabbas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 6:15 PM

Do you want to be spoiled?

jennypenny

jennypenny

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 8:23 PM

YES!

I, for one, am intrigued as to why two of my favorite castmembers are fighting each other.

Edited by jennypenny, Sep 23, 2009 @ 8:24 PM.

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

Am I the only one who reads the logo for the challenge as "The Runs" instead of "The Ruins"?

vtg10005

vtg10005

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2009 @ 5:22 PM

Can anyone enlighten me about why Brad and Darrell are fighting?

Still uncertain as to what exactly causes the fight, as far as I know.
The fight happens the night Darrell takes out Cohutta (who previously took out Wes and Syrus, btw).

Jamie1

Jamie1

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 4:34 PM

O ok. I was trying to remember if I had ever remembered if they fought previously, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for the heads up.

vtg10005

vtg10005

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:30 PM

I will be so disappointed if she doesn't get an interview during the first episode because I am dying to know what random thing she's doing this year. Is she studying for the Minnesota bar exam? Did she use her winnings from the South Africa Challenge to open up her own stained-glass workshop? The world is her oyster.

Tonya is no longer with her husband, no longer in Nebraska, and back to her hard-partying ways from the looks of it.

Edited by vtg10005, Sep 25, 2009 @ 11:32 PM.

ashleigh b

ashleigh b

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2009 @ 12:38 AM

The Dailies Are Up

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2009 @ 8:51 PM

Tonya is no longer with her husband, no longer in Nebraska, and back to her hard-partying ways from the looks of it.

She's probably still bitching about how TERRIBLE it is having to make club appearances for a living.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 12:14 AM

Heads up . . . I was poking around the schedule, and I found that the first episode will be ninety minutes long.

sweetcookieface

sweetcookieface

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 9:42 AM

vtg: The craziest part of your spoiler IMO is the part in parentheses, lol.

vtg10005

vtg10005

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 1:40 PM

The Challenge is looking to be pretty entertaining.

Despite what the initial promo looks like, Wes is far from a victim. He is walking into the Challenge acting like an asshole thinking he should be exempt from going into the Ruins because he is a top dog. (His words, not mine.) And regardless how the other men on his team think about their own worth, they're at least being tactful enough not to rock the boat with their teammates. At least not right away. Wes already had issues with some castmembers going in and just makes it worse with his demands and fits. The Dailies are picking up this dynamic, but not sure if it will be shown on the show. One of the Dailies shows Darrell's outright hatred for Wes, and throws KellyAnne's history with many of the men on the Challenge in his face. It's kind of uncomfortable and all sorts of awesome since I cannot stand Wes and don't particularly care for KellyAnne.

Edited by vtg10005, Sep 30, 2009 @ 3:07 PM.

GenY

GenY

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 2:28 PM

Whoa! Danny is still hiding his bullet head with baseball caps. Those dailies are quite entertaining man. Can't wait for tonight!

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 6:30 PM

To digress for a moment: I'm guessing Veronica's College Dropout clothing line was a total failure?

Nimberlane

Nimberlane

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 8:38 PM

Basically, Veronica, along with Tina the Discount Coral and Rachel the Butterface, treated Tonya like shit during most of Inferno II. Tonya smacking the shit out of Veronica would be most appropiate.

Ugh. No offense but calling Tina the Discount Coral is a major insult to the real Coral. I prefer the term 'WannaBitch'.

ETA: Watched the Susie vs. Tonya daily and wow is Susie an unbearable shithead. I personally like Tonya so Susie can go fuck herself royally. I'm starting to see why other posters hate her.

Edited by Nimberlane, Sep 30, 2009 @ 8:45 PM.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 8:43 PM

I'm so ready for this. First challenge I've been amped for in a long time. Thrilled to see the return of Veronica even if she wasn't featured much in the trailer.