The Real World/Road Rules Challenge

• Please log in to reply

7410 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I got the latest issue of TV Guide, and the latest seasons of The Real World starts in late June. Have there been any rumblings on a new Challenge, format, players, etc?

Craphole Island

Craphole Island

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Lantern7, ask and ye shall receive.

Vevmo has just posted the cast list and format (well kind of) of the newest challenge.

Spoiler

I have to say, I'm pumped. Lots of surprises and breaths of fresh air.

All credit goes to molds13 over at vevmo.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I'm sorry . . .
Spoiler
Weren't there contracts signed in Geneva to prevent that bitch from ever doing another reality show? As usual, everybody needs a beating . . . though the idea of seeing
Spoiler
and
Spoiler
looks promising. Cue Jeff Goldblum: "First there's 'oooh' and 'ahhhh,' but then there's running . . . and screaming."

I was going to post here anyway . . . I was watching South Park, and there were pop-up ads . . . and it turns out a certain Louisianan swamp rat is getting a half hour on Friday at 11 p.m. Dunno if I'd watch or not . . . even though I hate Derrick these days, I still kinda want Wee Dee to beat the shit out of Theo for his parting words after Fresh Meat.

Spoiler
and
Spoiler
? It's gonna be a bloodbath, even with
Spoiler
. . . at least according to the first report.

Edited by Lantern7, May 30, 2012 @ 11:12 PM.

anna13bella

anna13bella

Video Archivist

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

I think a big, group thanks is owed to both Janelle and Svetlana for being the sole reasons we won't be watching Johnny, Tyler, OR Paula next season. I never thought I could love either of them as much as I do now.

Love the cast, hands down the best in years.
Spoiler

Ananayel

Ananayel

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

I'm old and decrepit and don't know most of those people, but I'll gladly put up with
Spoiler
in order to get
Spoiler

Craphole Island

Craphole Island

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

I completely agree, anna13bella!

Plus,
Spoiler
, but also no
Spoiler
, which is kind of a bummer.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

Spoiler

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

Spoiler

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

I assume they are going to be split into pairs somehow. Since the last challenge was co-ed (mostly), I wouldn't be surprised if this one went back to guys vs guys and girls vs girls. If that's the case then I predict
Spoiler

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

From Theo's commercial: How religious was his household when he was a kid? Anytime he masturbated, his parents made him bury it in the yard. Okay . . . that was funny. Anything beyond the tired K-Fed routines from a few years back, and maybe he'll be tolerable. However, I think an A-plus grade can only be acheived if James comes out of nowhere, and the bromance-before-bromances make out for at least three minutes.

I have to say that I like the idea of
Spoiler
, as opposed to
Spoiler
. I'm still dreading the usual suspects will make an appearance . . . like a
Spoiler
On the other hand: a dream scenario where
Spoiler
gets hurt, and
Spoiler
. I can dream, yes?

Edited by Lantern7, May 31, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

I
Spoiler

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

I'm old and decrepit and don't know most of those people.

You and me both, I have not watched a Real World season since Brooklyn so I am very out of the loop in regards to the newer people.

Edited by BK1978, Jun 1, 2012 @ 3:30 PM.

Nimberlane

Nimberlane

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

What the hell at
Spoiler

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

I'm thrilled to have
Spoiler
back and no
Spoiler
. I could definitely do without
Spoiler
, though. That was one famewhore I thought we didn't need to worry about popping up here again. Damn.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

It really is about time the producers decided to double dip with the
Spoiler
format. That was one of their better seasons (it actually holds up pretty well years later, unlike some of the later ones) and I think many remember it fondly. That said, I can't say I'm thrilled with the cast, especially considering I haven't been keeping up with RW as much as I used to. I did watch all of
Spoiler
though, so I'm rooting for them.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

Just saw on Twitter, Diem says her doctors told her the cancer is back. Anyone who's been around here knows I've never liked her as a Challenge personality, but this is one of those things that transcends that. Cancer is evil, nasty shit. I hope she beats it again.

zereaux

zereaux

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

Just saw on Twitter, Diem says her doctors told her the cancer is back. Anyone who's been around here knows I've never liked her as a Challenge personality, but this is one of those things that transcends that. Cancer is evil, nasty shit. I hope she beats it again.

I've always found her annoying, but she doesn't deserve to have cancer, especially not twice.
She's a strong girl, and I hope she pulls through and beats it.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Damn. Poor Diem. I think we need to do two things:

1. Invent a device that can shrink matter to microscopic size.
2. Find CT

It would be the climax of the complex CT/Diem relationship . . . like Fantastic Voyage, only with more alcohol, and CT screaming about how he's going to "work" cancer cells.

anna13bella

anna13bella

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Aw, and just when everyone was all excited. Vevmo just announced that there will be a
Spoiler
. I'm pretty okay with three of those four, though.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I'm still OK, since none of those
Spoiler
Who the hell is
Spoiler
, though?? I'm drawing a total blank on that one.

Edited by KerleyQ, Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:20 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

KerleyQ . . .
Spoiler

Wow, this news could have been so much worse. Only real headache in that bunch is
Spoiler
, and there are far bigger fools than that person.

So . . . any definite news as to how many teams are in this season?

Edited by Lantern7, Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:30 PM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

So, so sad about Diem. As others have already mentioned, she's never been a favorite of mine, but I would never wish cancer on anyone. She's a tough girl and I'm sure she'll pull through this bout with it just as she did the last.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

Wishing Diem the best. I agree, whether or not I like her a person, cancer is a horrible disease and no one deserves to have to go through it once, let alone multiple times.

troublecakes87

troublecakes87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

Wow, that is awful news for Diem. She has never been my fav on these shows, but she is so young to be going through this a second time- and I would imagine this would be very close to her 5 year remission mark, if she hadn't passed that already.

Craphole Island

Craphole Island

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

Very sorry to hear about Diem. Here's hoping everything turns out okay! She's a strong girl though, definitely.

Also, a bit of spoilery news, the first elimination appears to have taken place:

Spoiler

One possible theory is that
Spoiler

As always, credit goes to molds13 at Vevmo.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

I can't stand Diem but the return of her cancer sux.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Diem has a big two-page article in this week's US magazine. She said that she hasn't talked to CT recently but that his mother wrote her a very nice letter when she heard the cancer had returned.

Craphole Island

Craphole Island

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

Vevmo has updated the elimination list:

Spoiler

It's possible that more people have been sent home, but nothing is confirmed. Judging by the list, it looks like the
Spoiler

Edited by Craphole Island, Jun 20, 2012 @ 9:46 AM.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Spoiler

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

I think a big, group thanks is owed to both Janelle and Svetlana for being the sole reasons we won't be watching Johnny, Tyler, OR Paula next season. I never thought I could love either of them as much as I do now.

Wait, can I ask what happened there? Not that I will miss Paula, Tyler or especially Johnny, but I haven't heard anything (this side of Tonya's lawsuit of course). Thanks!