S22: Russell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1583 replies to this topic

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 4:20 PM

Russell Hantz (36)
Hometown: Dayton, Texas

Russell Hantz’s personality speaks for itself when he proudly displays a missing tooth that he refuses to fix! This married father of four is visually memorable. Standing tall at only 5’6”, he is built like a brick house with a bald head. At 200 pounds of pure muscle, Russell’s solid figure and sharp tongue has helped him carve out a multi-million dollar business in the oil-tanking industry.

A huge SURVIVOR fan, this self-made man built his...Read more.

"Hi, I'm Russell. I'll be your villain for this season. When I tell you to post, you post."

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 6:00 PM

Jeff has hyped this guy so hard, I already have hate for him just based on that alone.

Rare Books

Rare Books

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 9:21 PM

So, this guy will be Peachy's man-crush this season? I hate him already.

Snim Xis

Snim Xis

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 2:18 PM

He's not there to make friends. How original!

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

• Interests:Favorite tv shows: <br />Survivor<br />So You Think You Can Dance<br />Pretty Little Liars<br />Dancing With the Stars

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 5:36 PM

I just watched his contestant video on CBS and the guys seems like a control freak. He reminds me of Douche in that aspect.

According to Probst's video, the guy has a plan to self-sabotage his tribe so by the time the merge comes, his tribe-members are weak. Good luck getting to the merge with that strategy, buddy!

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 2:20 AM

So, this guy will be Peachy's man-crush this season? I hate him already.

No, Peachy's man-crush is Erik. In his preview of the season, Peachy says he thinks that Erik will win the whole thing.

They're saying that this season will have the biggest Survivor villain of all time. It has to be either Russell H or Erik, based on their videos.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2009 @ 9:53 PM

Just what we need, more oil executives taking money!

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 1:18 PM

deleted.

Edited by RomanticRights, Sep 8, 2009 @ 6:17 PM.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2009 @ 12:44 PM

What a frightening man. His desire for control disturbs me.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Sep 7, 2009 @ 11:38 PM

See a resemblance?

Not really.

I find it hard to imagine his plan succeeding and him actually going far, but if he is supposedly the "biggest villain in Survivor history" like the promos are saying, does that mean he sticks around? I hope not.

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 6:18 PM

I find it hard to imagine his plan succeeding and him actually going far, but if he is supposedly the "biggest villain in Survivor history" like the promos are saying, does that mean he sticks around? I hope not.

Not only does it mean he sticks around, it means he gets a Coach-esque edit.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 4:12 PM

Well, for anyone who's watching the U.S. Open men's final right now, they just showed a blurb about this guy where he's putting his big 'self-sabotage' plan into action... including burning people's clothes and deliberately spilling out the tribe's water supply.

The utter gall of this man. I don't know if I want to watch this man and his smug face for (what I worry will be) months at a time.

Avia

Avia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 5:18 PM

Oh well, sucks to be one of the other 19 contestants. Looks like this season's shaping up to be "The Russel Hantz Show."

I'm already sick to death of this jerk, and the season hasn't even started yet.

ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 7:13 PM

Add me to the list of those who are sick and tired of this guy already.
Maybe there'll be a "Big Twist" and he gets voted out first?

Zackster

Zackster

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 5:12 PM

Well, I just picked the guy in my office pool, so I hope not. But I dislike him already. Looks like he plans to be an ass simply for amusement.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 7:00 PM

I'm just calling the Russells by their last names.

Hantz seems to believe that the entire rest of the tribe will be struck with blindness, deafness, and/or mental fogs when he's around, because sooner rather than later somebody's gonna either see him or link his presence up with the camp's suspicious disasters.

Hey, it's showtime here in the East! WOO HOO!

goombalina

goombalina

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 7:57 PM

Another reason to feel embarrassed for being a native Texan.

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:08 PM

What really sucks about Marisa's booting is that next week, we get more shirtless Russell and Mike.

Looks like Thursday night is Flurge night!

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:20 PM

Wow, is he a Dick or just playing one on TV?

noisack

noisack

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:24 PM

I think he's hot. That'll do.

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:25 PM

Wow, is he a Dick or just playing one on TV?

He LOOKS like a dick, to answer your question.

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:26 PM

I almost skipped the premiere episode (for the first season since Season 1) because despite what the promo people may think, I don't looked forward to a season that focuses on a gigantic douche. At the last minute, I caved and watched. Unfortunately, Russell has confirmed that he's not entertaining - just loathsome. He imagines himself a skilled deceiver but in the first episode alone he already had two tribemates who strongly distrusted him. And very often the first vote is a blowout with everyone voting for the bootee except him/herself. That's the way it's gone the past 3 seasons. Yet Russell the supposed master vote manipulator could only manage a 7-3 vote for his target. That's pretty lukewarm considering how vehemently he campaigned.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 9:31 PM

Coach was an amusing psychopath, you could laugh at him. Russell is just a psychopath.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

Remember when Survivor was the gold standard of reality television? How did it fall so far? How did it go from Emmy noms and pop culture phenomenon to this reject from a Vh1 program being it's biggest star?

I am honestly disgusted.

NoirCommeMoi

NoirCommeMoi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 9:58 PM

In the words of my beloved Liz Lemon: Blerg. This guy is going to ruin the season for me if he doesn't get voted off real soon.

ShuranoHana

ShuranoHana

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

Russell the Cable is scary as hell! At least Coach, his Bok Choi or whatever it was he would do in the water and outrageous stories were pretty much harmless, but this guy... I wouldn't be suprised if his tribe mates caught him torturing the local wildlife!

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 10:52 PM

OK, if Danny DeVito mated with Bob Hoskins, their firstborn would be ...

Edited by Glass Ocean, Sep 17, 2009 @ 10:59 PM.

lambot

lambot

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 11:00 PM

I kinda wish Russell would wear support briefs because I don't want to know what his package is like. ewww.

The guy is trash.

amyroo

amyroo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 11:13 PM

This dude makes Dick Cheney look like a cuddly bunny.

keram

keram

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 11:16 PM

Russell is normally the guy I want to see torn apart by wild animals. And yet, I have to say, I think that he will turn out to be someone you love to hate.

Yeah, he is a complete and total dick. Yet, when is the last time you heard a contestant claim that their strategy is to make everyone miserable? In season's past, of many reality shows, there have been many contestants that claim they were playing a character. In Russell's case, I think he is. It's almost like he does not care about the money, he just wants to give everyone a show.

Plus, he looks like he is controlling the show. Sure, that may have to do with editing. Yet, I am looking forward to seeing what kind of shit he will cook up next.

I might end up wanting to kill the guy, but, for now, he is entertaining me.