Meet with the Faculty Adviser: Questions for the Mod/Recappers

• Please log in to reply

698 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 11:28 AM

Your questions for the mod (which would be me) go here.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:23 PM

I messed up again and go some crazy double posting stuff. Sorry. Can you fix?

mrhooks

mrhooks

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 2:51 PM

Did someone forget to add a link in the wackadoo yellow rollover menubar thing at the top of every page, or is it just taking longer than it took to create the forum?

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 3:36 PM

I know it probably isn't your decision as forum moderator, but do you happen to know if the Preview episode (airing this Wednesday) will be recapped?

Edited by squidge, Aug 31, 2009 @ 3:37 PM.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 5:37 PM

Did someone forget to add a link in the wackadoo yellow rollover menubar thing at the top of every page, or is it just taking longer than it took to create the forum?

From Strega's post:

(It's not in the menu yet because we opened the forum early for the rebroadcast of the first episode; it'll turn up shortly.)

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 6:42 PM

Squidge, I don't know if the preview episode will be recapped. I'm doubting it, but I'll check to make sure.

Demian

Demian

Network Executive

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 6:52 PM

If I might step in for a moment:

I know it probably isn't your decision as forum moderator, but do you happen to know if the Preview episode (airing this Wednesday) will be recapped?

The lovely and talented Angel Cohn recapped the pilot back when it originally aired. The main season recapping will therefore begin with the show's second episode, which airs on the evening of September 9th.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 8:07 PM

And this is why Demian gets paid the big moola. (I'll still open a thread for the pilot here shortly.)

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Aug 31, 2009 @ 8:07 PM.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 3:20 AM

Okay, an actual question that hasn't been answered anywhere AFAIK: Can we just start Whimsy-style threads here until a forum opens up, or do we have to wait for it?

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:35 AM.

LTG

LTG

Network Executive

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 6:56 AM

Just a quick hello. As everyone has figured out, Demian and I will be splitting recapping duties. Other than the fact that we'll be engaging in a blood feud over the charms of Mr. Puckerton, I think it will be a blast.

As always, if I make a factual mistake in a recap or if you just have a comment on some factual aspect of a recap, feel free to discuss that in the episode thread. Any other criticism, comments, complaints, praise, questions, or crackpot theories should be sent to me via e-mail at LTG.Jon@gmail.com.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:01 AM

Can we have combined actor/character threads, or is there usually a separation of those?

myintermail

myintermail

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:36 AM

Few of the characters have yet to have a thread.

Few suggestion titles
Mercedes Jones: She is Beyonce, ain't Kelly Rowland
Mercedes Jones: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Kurt Hummel: Countertenor Singing Sensation
Kurt Hummel: Mr. Cellophane

W-W-We're Doomed: Tina Cohen-Chang Thread
Tina Cohen Chang: Kissed a Girl

Quinn Farbay: Let's Pray!

Are the characters will get a subforum of their own?

Edited by myintermail, Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:37 AM.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

Whimsy as in "creative pursuits" and such - let's go ahead and wait until the forum opens up official like. I want to get a gauge of how things are going to go before it becomes full-blown.

Actor/character threads - we'll keep them combined for now and re-examine at midseason break if necessary. At that point, we may separate them out, or even separate them into a sub-forum. Let's just make sure the show GETS to midseason.

squidge

squidge

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:45 AM

Thanks for the info, Demian - and the thread, mod!

sixesses

sixesses

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

I looked for a thread in the Dramas and it's closed and I got sent here somehow, but the show isn't listed in the shows or forums on the pull down menu, although it's listed in the current shows.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

It'll be added to the pull-down menus in the coming days. We opened the thread early so the re-air of the pilot could be talked about.

SaffronStarlet

SaffronStarlet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 6:46 PM

Is there a proper place to discuss the Myspace Glee Karaoke contest or share entries? Or it that not allowed. Thought I would check! Thanks!

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 13, 2009 @ 8:47 PM

I'd put that in the "Glee in the Media" thread.

SaffronStarlet

SaffronStarlet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

Thank you ever so much! :)

Mappy Poo

Mappy Poo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 1:09 AM

I'm just wondering, because of the unique nature of the show, if there would be any way to have a topic for discussing technique, etc. with regard to vocal studies/performing/etc.? For example, stuff that may pertain to a specific episode, but go beyond that ep, like Tina's range vs. Rachel's, leading to discussion on vocal range in general, etc.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 7:57 AM

I'm just wondering, because of the unique nature of the show, if there would be any way to have a topic for discussing technique, etc. with regard to vocal studies/performing/etc.?

A general thread for this wouldn't be bad.

Also wondering about creating a thread comparing this to other TV shows.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:25 PM

I'm not so sold on the first one; vocal studies in general is a little too broad for a television show-based forum.

As for the second... I'm just worried that it may stray too far from the topic of Glee. Give it a week or two for the threads to branch off and such, and let's see where the discussion is then.

myintermail

myintermail

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 8:55 PM

'm not so sold on the first one; vocal studies in general is a little too broad for a television show-based forum.

Not necessarily. American Idol and SYTYCD both have a "Technical Thread" discussing very technical stuff like genre, vocals, music, dance terms in general.

In Glee's case, it could be something about vocals, performance, show choir competitions etc. Pretty informative for those who are the "unwashed masses" who know very little about singing.

Mappy Poo

Mappy Poo

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 9:19 PM

And also, good to keep that kind of chatter contained where those who may "geek out" about it more than the average viewer can do so. This way, it won't clutter up the episode threads with technical info, debate, etc. over stuff that may occur in said episode but isn't relevant to plot, etc.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 10:37 PM

True, but SYTYCD and AI are competition shows, and not shows with a dramatic plot. (Well, they are, but you know what I mean.)

As with the other topic brought up -- let's wait a week or so, let the character threads get put in their new home, and hit me up again. Consider it a maybe.

Risti

Risti

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2009 @ 3:13 AM

I know the show is getting a character forum soon, so I'm ok if this waits until that is sorted out, but as the cast grows and grows, I find myself wondering about some of the reoccurring minor background characters. The discussion of #34's dancing skills on the last episode comes to mind. (And I keep wondering who the teacher who plays the piano during all of the group numbers is.) Is there any way there could be a collective thread for all of these characters? The Backup Singers, or something less corny and more catchy.

Also, although we've barely heard from them so far, we have the male version of Thing One and Two joining Glee along with Puck. Let's call them Butt Munch and Gaylord Weiner (we all know who Penis is). I'd start a thread for them myself, but I wasn't sure if you wanted more character threads (there are so many already!), especially before they get split from the other threads.

(and for the record, chime me in as another person who would love to see a thread dedicated to discussing the technical side of the music/singing on the show.)

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Sep 27, 2009 @ 3:09 PM

Good idea, Risti. Thread made.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2009 @ 3:22 PM

Also, although we've barely heard from them so far, we have the male version of Thing One and Two joining Glee along with Puck. Let's call them Butt Munch and Gaylord Weiner (we all know who Penis is).

Aww, but we know their names! Haha. Matt Rutherford and Mike Chang.

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 27, 2009 @ 7:21 PM

I swear, y'all beat me to it. That'll get moved over as well.

jennem

jennem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 10:30 AM

The "Spoiler" thread is really 10% spoilers, 90% speculation. Is it possible to add a second thread for Spoiler Speculation and leave the Spoiler thread for concrete information?