Glee Spoiler DISCUSSION

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7451 replies to this topic

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 2:24 AM

If you're reading more than this first post, assume you're going to see something from, or about, an episode which hasn't yet aired... and that you are happy (aka "Gleeful" to be doing so...) Or perhaps you've heard that rumor about someone scheduled to guest star...

mrhooks

mrhooks

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

Episode 1.02 spoilers

Will: Glee Club needs at least 12 members to qualify for Regionals, so he wants them to perform "Le Freak" at a school assembly to attract new recruits. Terri wants to buy a new house (at the insistence of her overbearing sister), so Will gets a job as the school's night janitor - for half pay. He realizes that "Le Freak" was not a good idea, but is still angry at Rachel for going behind his back.

Emma: She counsels Rachel after finding her trying to gag herself in the restroom. She also catches Will working as the night janitor. She helps Will, reveals the origin of her fear of messy things (when she was young, her family visited a dairy farm, where her brother pushed her into a filthy pond), and they have a moment when he challenges her to confront her fear by putting chalk dust on her nose and making her leave it there for 10 seconds. Ken Tanaka sees them, and later confronts her about it when she turns down a date with him to Tulipalooza. When Will looks to continue what happened the night before, she sadly turns him down, and tells him she's going to Tulipalooza with Ken.

Finn: At a Celibacy Club meeting, he reveals (via inner monologue) that he combats premature ejaculation by remembering the time his mom was teaching him to drive, and he ran into someone. He also helps Rachel in making flyers for Glee Club (for which they get in trouble with Sue, because they used the Cheerios' copy machine), and practices with Rachel after school, where he admits he's attracted to her...

Rachel: She joins the Celibacy Club, in order to have more in common with Finn. She discovers that the club is really just a way for the female Cheerios to have power over their boyfriends, by dangling their virtue in front of the boys like a carrot. She tells the entire club that girls think about sex just as much as boys. This gives her an idea: she gets the Glee Club to perform "Push It" at the assembly, instead of "Le Freak". Later, she and Finn make out (horizontal! for you shippers) while rehearsing together, which causes Finn to remember the driving accident and run away.

Sue: She wants to destroy the Glee Club, of course. Her complaint over the performance of "Push It" causes the Glee Club only to be able to sing from a list of approved songs. She also gets Quinn and two other Cheerios to join Glee as spies.

Quinn: She auditions for Glee, and is accepted. Also, Will gives her Rachel's part in "Don't Stop Believin'".

Terri: She finds out she isn't really pregnant. She tries to tell Will, but fails. But, she tells him she doesn't need a new house anymore.

Songs:

"Le Freak" - rehearsal
"All By Myself" - Emma quickie flashback while counseling Rachel (it's that bit from the promos where she's crying in her car during a rainstorm)
"Gold Digger" - rehearsal
"Push It" - school assembly (the nerd at the end is the one non-football player/Cheerio in the Celibacy Club, aside from Rachel)
"I Say a Little Prayer" - Quinn's audition
"Take a Bow" - Rachel pseudo-rehearsal with Tina and Mercedes, coupled with a fantasy sequence where she sings in the school hallway while watching Finn and Quinn together (the show's first real break from total realism with the song performances)

GracieLou

GracieLou

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 7:50 PM

Fom Amber Riley's (Mercedes) twitter:

I love Santana and Puck n their relationship is crazy.

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 8:24 AM

Quinn: She auditions for Glee, and is accepted. Also, Will gives her Rachel's part in "Don't Stop Believin'".

OUCH.

SydinSacramento

SydinSacramento

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 1:03 PM

In response to Demian's previous request, I have been checking the titles on IMDB.com and episode number 3, previously entitled "Preggers" is now entitled "Acafellas."

There are still approximately four episodes that we do not have the titles for as of today. Should be interesting to see how those pan out. I wish someone here had an inside source because leaking the titles would be a completely sane thing to do now that the show is hitting the floor running. Would you agree?

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Sep 6, 2009 @ 8:02 PM.
Moved from Meet Market; removed spoiler bars

flickchick85

flickchick85

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

I posted a link to these in the Meet Market to help answer a question from Demian, but I figured they should be posted here, too:

Press Release for episode 1.03 - "Acafellas"

IT'S ALL ABOUT BUILDING CONFIDENCE ON "GLEE" WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, ON FOX

Victor Garber and Josh Groban Guest-Star

Will forms the Acafellas, an all-male acapella vocal group, and spends more time building his own confidence than he does with the glee club. In Will's absence, the glee club decides to hire a well-known choreographer to help coach them to Nationals. Meanwhile, Mercedes is bitten by the love bug, but her feelings aren't reciprocated. When the Acafellas perform for the P.T.A., they get a surprise visit backstage from Josh Groban (guest-starring as himself) in the "Acafellas" episode of GLEE airing Wednesday, Sept. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-103) (TV-PG D, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina

Guest Cast: Victor Garber as Will's Father; Josh Groban as Himself; Stephen Tobolowsky as Sandy Ryerson; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Patrick Gallagher as Ken Tanaka

Source

And press release for episode 1.04 - "Preggers"

DISHONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY ON “GLEE” WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, ON FOX

Kurt takes center stage when he tries out for the football team in order to impress his dad. Sandy and Sue join forces to carry out their plans for destroying the Glee Club. Meanwhile, Quinn and Finn’s relationship is tested when they receive some life-changing news in the “Preggers” episode of GLEE airing Wednesday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-104) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester; Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson; Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury; Dianna Agron as Quinn; Chris Colfer as Kurt; Kevin McHale as Artie; Amber Riley as Mercedes; Mark Salling as Puck; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina

Guest Cast: Stephen Tobolowsky as Sandy Ryerson; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; Patrick Gallagher as Ken Tanaka

Source

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a dreading a teen pregnancy storyline right now. I really, really hope they're faking us out on purpose.

Edited by flickchick85, Sep 6, 2009 @ 2:54 PM.

Coconut

Coconut

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 11:09 AM

I agree I hope Quinn's using a fake pregancy to keep Finn away from Rachel or something. This isn't really a show that needs a teen pregnancy storyline.

I think Kristin Chenoweth's episode is being called "Rhodes not Taken" I really hope Rachel gets to sing with her. I want to hear Lea and Kristin do a duet.

Mrs. Whatsit

Mrs. Whatsit

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 3:40 PM

Victor Garber is playing Matthew Morrison's dad? <faints dead over while simultaneously swooning>

If Victor does not sing I will throw something at my tv, however.

sortasandy

sortasandy

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

As for "Glee," Ms. Quinn has a major storyline that will start in just a couple weeks, and which will have her working with the great Jessalyn Gilsig (Mr. Schuester's lunatic wife) quite a lot. So get set for that. Any guesses on what's going on?

Let's just say this good, Christian girl ain't so good after all...

source

Please tell me that Quinn doesn't try to sell Mr. Schuster's wife her result-of-a-teen-pregnancy baby. I think they already did that storyline on Ugly Betty.

BigPaul25

BigPaul25

Fanatic

• Interests:Television (well, duh), amateur bartending, stand-up comedy, karaoke (sober).

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:44 AM

I'm assuming that since the whole cast sang Queen's Somebody to Love at the FOX Upfront (and they just threw down!) that it will eventually be on one of the upcoming episodes, right?

Mrs. Whatsit

Mrs. Whatsit

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 12:52 PM

Some promos featuring their rendition of Somebody to Love are on YouTube.

On another note (heh), I am confused as to how (please God no) there could even be a fake pregnancy storyline between Quinn and Finn when she is Miss Celibacy Club and just joined Glee club to monitor any Rachel action. Unless Quinn decides to throw that part of her persona aside?

While I am in complaining mode, why the bleep would Will's character ALSO start a male a cappella group when his focus is the Glee club? As an effort to recruit more men to Glee? Not that I will complain too much if it means Victor Garber will appear onscreen next to Matthew Morrison and they both sing, but...WTF? I can overlook pretty big bumps in storywriting, but if there are too many "I know this makes no sense whatsoever but go with us anyway" moments I will be very annoyed. I will have to go all Sue Sylvester on the writers' collective asses. I have access to a megaphone, be warned!

Latuki Joe

Latuki Joe

Couch Potato

• Interests:01 Glee<br />02 Lost<br /><br /><br />(Ended Series: Alias, Roswell, Kyle XY, Veronica Mars, Twin Peaks, Prison Break, Harper's Island)<br /><br />(Reality Shows: Amazing Race, The Mole, Survivor, Big Brother, Top Chef, Real World, RWRR Challenge, Project Runway)<br /><br />(Animation: The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Teen Titans, Batman)

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:00 PM

While I am in complaining mode, why the bleep would Will's character ALSO start a male a cappella group when his focus is the Glee club? As an effort to recruit more men to Glee?

I think this will actually be for the adults & students... such as Sandy and Ken.

flickchick85

flickchick85

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:29 PM

I think Kristin Chenoweth's episode is being called "Rhodes not Taken" I really hope Rachel gets to sing with her. I want to hear Lea and Kristin do a duet.

I don't have a source on this one, but somewhere in the plethora of Glee interviews/articles over the summer, Lea said that they do indeed have a duet. I believe it was "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret. But I remember thinking that was odd because in this video from the set of that episode, Cheno's singing that song with no Rachel in sight.

Also, I brought this video into the "Showmance" thread, which prompted this response from politikgirl:

I'm guessing that the scene shown in the video takes place in episode 4, since the episode description says that Finn and Quinn receive life-changing news and the episode title is "Preggers", although I'm really hoping that I'm wrong because a teenage pregnancy storyline is boring. As long as the clip isn't showing Quinn singing Rachel's part in a performance, I'm still hoping that Rachel will get her solo back.

And I agree, that's totally "Preggers." I'm guessing this is the point that's been mentioned in several episodes where Rachel "takes a break" from the Glee club, but I also agree she'll probably come back with a vengeance and get her solo back. And yes, sadly, Quinn does appear to preggers. Please let that just be food poisoning or something! Although this:

Please tell me that Quinn doesn't try to sell Mr. Schuster's wife her result-of-a-teen-pregnancy baby. I think they already did that storyline on Ugly Betty.

Sounds frighteningly on-the-nose, sortasandy. I'm worried. But I've loved how they've handled all the storylines so far, so for now, I'll give Murphy & Co. the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by flickchick85, Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:32 PM.

Coconut

Coconut

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 4:16 PM

I don't have a source on this one, but somewhere in the plethora of Glee interviews/articles over the summer, Lea said that they do indeed have a duet. I believe it was "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret. But I remember thinking that was odd because in this video from the set of that episode, Cheno's singing that song with no Rachel in sight.

Maybe they sing it together later on, when Rachel re-joins the Glee club? Or they have a sing-off. lol

I feel kind of bad for Dianna Agron because her singing DSB is no where near Lea's level, which is why it should be Rachel's song. It's hard to sing after someone that has an amazing voice.

Edited by Coconut, Sep 11, 2009 @ 4:20 PM.

BigPaul25

BigPaul25

Fanatic

• Interests:Television (well, duh), amateur bartending, stand-up comedy, karaoke (sober).

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 6:29 PM

I feel kind of bad for Dianna Agron because her singing DSB is no where near Lea's level, which is why it should be Rachel's song. It's hard to sing after someone that has an amazing voice.

Don't you think somehow, Rachel will magically get the lead back at performance time?

stopeslite

stopeslite

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 8:42 PM

Don't you think somehow, Rachel will magically get the lead back at performance time?

I would guess so, given the clip of that song that was in the linked video - Quinn breaks off in the middle of the number, puts her hand over her mouth, and runs away. Either that's her being incredibly upset, or having morning sickness (please no). Or just the actress cutting off during the practice, but it looked staged.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 9:25 PM

I don't think a pregnancy storyline is quite as bad as people fear. I mean at least in context it kind of makes sense, because it shows up Quinn as a hypocrite. Especially if she's never "put out" for Finn.

Even if variations of this have been done many times before, its all about how WELL its done, not whether or not its 100% er... Virgin territory, plotwise.

Heh.

TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 4:56 AM

I hope the pregnancy storyline doesn't last long, and ends with an abortion.

ketose

ketose

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 9:40 AM

This is likely wild speculation, but it seems that maybe Quinn and Terri will hatch a plot where Terri will take Quinn's baby after Quinn hides her pregnancy and Terri fakes hers.

My hope is that everyone finds out, Sue kicks her off the Cheerios in disgust and Glee embraces Quinn. From what I've seen of Ryan Murphy, there are rarely take-backs. If Quinn is pregnant, there will be a baby next season.

Tcost

Tcost

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 3:20 PM

Y'know, I'm as pro-choice as they come, and I can't wish for an abortion even for a fictional character. If she wants an abortion, I want her to have access to abortion, of course. And Quinn is so young, having a baby would have a huge impact on her life; while that could be a positive impact, the main chance is that it would be a negative one.

Two mistaken pregnancies in such a short time on one show would be hard to believe, too. Despite the fact that Quinn's been a villain so far, this would completely show her as a hypocrite and destroy her social position in the school, how everyone around her relates to her. It might make Rachel rethink her relationship with Finn, too, presuming that he is the daddy. And, of course, if he is not the father, it makes Rachel's interest in Finn completely legitimate then.

If Quinn gets to know Terri as a result of this plotline, that suggests that Terri is probably still lying about her own pregnancy, and that -that- plotline will still be with us for a while also. The more I think about all of this, the less I like it, despite the fact that I adore this show.

edited for spelling

Edited by Tcost, Sep 15, 2009 @ 4:51 PM.

mrhooks

mrhooks

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2009 @ 3:39 PM

I don't think there's enough time in the timeline of one season to do such a baby-hand-off storyline, unless the baby is a preemie. Terri and Quinn may plot such a thing, but I doubt it'll get that far.

Also, in the Parade interview I linked to in the Media thread, MM said Will leaves Terri at the end of the season (not sure if that means end of the first 13, or the full 22 assuming they get it). So that's probably when the whole fake pregnancy thing blows up in Terri's face.

TVaddictGirl

TVaddictGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2009 @ 2:10 PM

I know I read somewhere that Puck sings "Sweet Caroline", does anybody know if that his audition piece for Glee?

Edited by TVaddictGirl, Sep 13, 2009 @ 2:11 PM.

Rant

Rant

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 10:18 AM

"Preggers" has gotten me so paranoid, I feel as if I'm on Baby Bump Watch. Spoiler-y photo from known future ep. Check out her tummy. Could be the lighting or could be (for some) your worst nightmare.

Not sure about Puck singing Sweet Caroline, but he's performing with the other guys in Acafellas, at least according to the promos. And the actor stated he joins the club in the third episode. Maybe one performance is enough to draw him into New Directions.

Edited by Rant, Sep 14, 2009 @ 10:22 AM.

JingerCat

JingerCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 6:03 PM

Spoiler-y photo from known future ep. Check out her tummy. Could be the lighting or could be (for some) your worst nightmare.

I hate to spoil your spoilers, but I think Quinn's tummy bulge is just a result of that horribly unflattering dress. All the girls look a little preggers in it.

I'm guessing that the pregnancy storyline is either a twist-turn in Terri and Will's pregnancy. If Glee went that route with Finn and Quinn, I'm afraid it would be a little too "very special episode".

edited to fix quote tags

Edited by JingerCat, Sep 14, 2009 @ 6:04 PM.

ketgz

ketgz

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 9:36 PM

Okay, so at one point, there is the picture of Rachel, Finn, Quinn, and Puck, and the info that there will be a love triangle involving three of them. Since the Rachel.Quinn/Finn is so obvious, maybe...Quinn and Puck used to be an item, they had sex, it freaked Quinn out which caused them to break up and caused her to go all on board the celibacy route because of it. Finn says in the pilot he and Quinn had been going out for about 2 months, so if she decided to start dating him soon after having sex with Puck...morning sickness around 3 months is pretty common...and it could break up Finn and Quinn without Rachel being the cause for the break up...But just guesses on my part.

Bubbles258

Bubbles258

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

Check out her tummy. Could be the lighting or could be (for some) your worst nightmare.

Since all of those pictures were taken the same day, if this picture is any indication, she's not pregnant during that episode.

Whew! I don't want any "very special episodes."

flotsette

flotsette

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 10:36 PM

Not sure if there's another place people are posting this stuff, but it certainly seems like spoiler since it hasn't aired yet. I think it must be from ep. 3. I think this is my favorite number yet!

Spoiler song!

Latuki Joe

Latuki Joe

Couch Potato

• Interests:01 Glee<br />02 Lost<br /><br /><br />(Ended Series: Alias, Roswell, Kyle XY, Veronica Mars, Twin Peaks, Prison Break, Harper's Island)<br /><br />(Reality Shows: Amazing Race, The Mole, Survivor, Big Brother, Top Chef, Real World, RWRR Challenge, Project Runway)<br /><br />(Animation: The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Teen Titans, Batman)

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 9:07 AM

Just to throw some random Old School spoilers out:

-Kristen Chenowith will be appearing singing "Maybe This Time" (Cabaret) and "Last Name" (Carrie Underwood).
-Rachel will be singing "Don't Rain on My Parade" in Episode 13.
-In Episode 12 or 13, there will be a group number of Van Halen's "Jump."
-There will be a scene involving "All the Single Ladies" and Kurt and the football team.
-Kurt will join the football team and also have a coming out episode to his father, a racecar enthusiast.
-The full Glee club of 12 will sing Queen's "Somebody to Love" mid-season.
-Finn at some point sings "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" (episode 7-9).
-The girls will sing a campy mix of "Halo" (Beyonce) with "Walking on Sunshine".
-The boys will sing a fun mix of "Confessions" (Usher) with "It's My Life" (Bon Jovi).
-Tina and Artie will have a romantic story-line.

Confirmed Songs:
"Somebody to Love" (Queen)
"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" (Poison)
"All the Single Ladies" (Beyonce)
"Halo" (Beyonce)
"Walking on Sunshine"
"It's My Life" (Bon Jovi)
"Confessions" (Usher)
"Bustin' Out Your Windows"
"I Wanna Sex You Up"
"Maybe This Time" (Cabaret)
"Last Name" (Carrie Underwood)
"No Air"
"Taking Chances"
"Alone"
"Hate On Me"
"You Keep Me Hangin' On"
"Keep Holding On"
"Bust a Move"
"Sweet Caroline"
"Dancing with Myself"
"Defying Gravity" (Wicked)
"Don't Rain On My Parade"
"Jump"

Edited by Latuki Joe, Sep 15, 2009 @ 9:28 AM.

quackaquacka

quackaquacka

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 4:39 PM

You can add Mercy to that list of confirmed songs, it's just been released.

Edited by quackaquacka, Sep 15, 2009 @ 4:42 PM.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2009 @ 5:35 PM

Spoiler pictures of Rhodes not taken