Singing to the Masses: Glee in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7548 replies to this topic

spanky91088

spanky91088

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2011 @ 8:25 PM

SYTYCD contestant: "So I hear you auditioned for our show, tell us about it"
Heather freaking Morris: "It was awful."

pahahaha Love that girl, even though she's a troll.

Heather, Naya and Harry invite the SYTYCD Top 4 to the movie premiere.

Edited by spanky91088, Aug 11, 2011 @ 8:44 PM.

Darcy

Darcy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:36 AM

Darcy, there's a thread open now just for the movie discussion here - you might want to move your post over to that thread.

Thanks, I just did that - please discuss there.

Yikes - Glee 3D is getting some bad reviews - most don't like it's self-congratulatory tone and agree with Sue Sylvester.

EW (of all publications) did not give a good review to the Glee 3D movie.
http://www.ew.com/ew...0517732,00.html

Another negative review:
http://www.cinemable...Movie-5402.html
"But all the heartfelt testimonials about how Glee changed these kids' lives feels self-congratulatory, and too conveniently tied to the show's self-appointed status as the great, powerful voice against bigotry in our culture. There's only so many times you can hear a show claim to stand for the little guy while reaping millions and millions in merchandising before the words start to sound false." Ouch.

Rolling Stone really hated it and agrees with Sue "This things sucks" Ouch
http://www.rollingst...-movie-20110811

http://www.hollywood...vie-film-222261

REVIEW: Opportunist Glee: The 3D Concert Movie Deserves a Slushie to the Face OUCH
http://www.movieline...to-the-face.php

Woo - I finally found a not terrible review:
http://www.latimes.c...0,5485467.story

http://thewrap.com/m...ert-movie-30001

Edited by Darcy, Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:57 AM.

Abella

Abella

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:41 AM

Darcy, there's a thread open now just for the movie discussion here - you might want to move your post over to that thread.

Edited by Abella, Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:42 AM.

natyxg

natyxg

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:45 AM

Yikes - Glee 3D is getting some bad reviews - most don't like it's self-congratulatory tone and agree with Sue Sylvester.

ETA:

Never mind, I took it to the movie thread.

Edited by natyxg, Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:50 AM.

catherin

catherin

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 8:59 AM

Never mind, I took it to the movie thread.

I went to the premiere, and I answered some questions in the Glee 3D movie thread too.

hamble

hamble

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 9:28 AM

I'm not terribly surprised at the critical drubbing the movie is receiving. I commented earlier in the thread that critical acclaim is a fragile, fleeting thing, and, after Ryan's Big Loud Summer, there are a lot of pissy, judgemental and cynical critics out there. I think Glee, and its creative, and the financial juggernaut it is for Fox versus the underpaid & overworked cast, have long passed the point where they're deserving of the benefit of the doubt. GraduationGate seemed to result in sides being taken; the Deadline reporter might have taken Ryan Murphy's side, but against that one article you have the critic twitterverse coming out in force to mock Murphy and open letters from the Entertainment Weekly staff about how they adore Chris Colfer and do not like anything about GraduationGate.

I think Glee is going to be questioned and scrutinised more than it has ever been.

BTW, am not contending that the movie doesn't suck or is being judged unfairly. I won't get to see it for myself until later in August.

Edited by hamble, Aug 12, 2011 @ 9:29 AM.

buenos1234

buenos1234

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 12:57 PM

BTW, am not contending that the movie doesn't suck or is being judged unfairly. I won't get to see it for myself until later in August.

I was going to say, maybe the critics hate the film because it's that bad. ;O)

chowder

chowder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 1:06 PM

Doesn't matter if the movie really does suck or if the media trashes it... the boat load of cash from all the tweens will probably justify it all.

hamble

hamble

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

Fox isn't expecting boatloads of cash from anyone ;-)

DEM

DEM

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

AttaGirl cast interviews:

All four groups*

Extended Agron/Monteith/Rivera

* Interesting answers to the t-shirt question in that so many have to do with verbal traits.

Edited by DEM, Aug 12, 2011 @ 3:27 PM.

KillerQueen421

KillerQueen421

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 3:18 PM

I am loving these group interviews. I love how Lea's NY accent comes out when she talks, especially in the one where she's talking about Jersey Shore. I also love how they tease each other, reminds me of how i am with my friends, most of our time together is spent picking on each other. It's rare to see a cast that so obviously loves each other, i don't see any hints of jealousy, or animosity between any of them, and I love it.

MusexMoirai

MusexMoirai

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 6:14 PM

From CNN: The cast of Glee answer your iReport questions on dream collaborations, show hookups and solo albums

catherin

catherin

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:38 PM

Who's the Biggest Diva?

I hope this wasn't already posted.

I've been looking at all the cast group press junkets for the 3D movie and it's so funny how the producers are allergically avoiding Cory/Lea, Chris/Darren and Heather/Naya from having interviews together. lol Yet they have Mark and Ashley constantly together. Hmmm.

janesuz

janesuz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:44 PM

more press junket

How to survive the tour

Jenna and Harry weren't together either.

Not sure how they picked the grouping but they stayed with them the whole time. There was a second day and they stayed with their partner the whole day then too.

I have loved Amber and Lea together in all these videos.

Edited by janesuz, Aug 12, 2011 @ 11:54 PM.

Cylelle

Cylelle

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 1:33 AM

Thanks janesuz.

Loved the 'How to survive...' one. This cast and their friendship!

Harry saying how they were all going around knocking on each other's doors to catch up before the junket. Chris saying they should go out for a reunion dinner that night since it had been a month (!) since they'd all seen each other. Kevin saying how making the show and going on tour was so much fun and he could do it forever.

janesuz

janesuz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 2:49 AM

Chris saying they should go out for a reunion dinner that night since it had been a month (!) since they'd all seen each other

I think Chris was making fun of Lea cause she wanted to do that and it had only been a month.

ScampKid

ScampKid

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 10:42 AM

Poll Results: Cory Monteith Is King of the Gleeks

With more than 10,000 "Glee" fans present and accounted for, the final results of our epic "Glee" poll are here and Monteith, who plays quarterback-turned-singer Finn, was the runaway favorite among the up-and-coming cast members to become the biggest future movie star, earning a whopping 53-percent of the vote.

Yay!

paulette87

paulette87

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 10:54 AM

What poll is this? Yay for Cory though. Im glad he's getting some recognition. On the music thing i totally agree i always said Lea, Amber and Darren have the talent to make it in music.

Georgette888

Georgette888

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2011 @ 11:02 AM

What poll is this?

If you click on the link, it tells you about the poll.