Singing to the Masses: Glee in the Media

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7548 replies to this topic

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2009 @ 11:45 PM

tweet-peats

Casts member will tweet about the pilot episode during the repeat on Friday Sept 4, 2009.

Edited by redbirds, Aug 30, 2009 @ 11:50 PM.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:05 AM

Crap. Now I have to join Twitter. (And by "join", I mean "actually use".)

Edited by raceguy120390, Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:06 AM.

nme525

nme525

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 4:46 AM

Boston.com has a few articles up about the show... most likely because Brad Falchuk is from Newton.

Welcome to the Club
Filled with 'Glee'
Song Requests from the Cast

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 8:56 AM

Help I need to fix the title.

Anyway -
Denver Post

LA Times with video

Edited by redbirds, Aug 31, 2009 @ 8:58 AM.

pinksasquatch

pinksasquatch

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 7:51 AM

Some favorable prognostication
NY Daily News

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 4:02 PM

IMDB - Glee #1 show to watch

Spicy Bubbles

Spicy Bubbles

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 8:02 PM

Crap. Now I have to join Twitter. (And by "join", I mean "actually use".)

From the way it was described on EW's website, you don't actually have to use Twitter; the tweets will scroll on the bottom of the show itself, so you won't need to use your computer at all to read the casts' tweets.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

If you see the East coast tweets for the airing can't you go on twitter and see the west coast if you want to via twitter?

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 7:06 PM

IMDB - Glee #1 show to watch

The flaw with that list is that they actually also seem to be arguing that "Eastwick" and "Melrose" are also "must watches" and yet every other writeup I've seen of those shows implies they are going to be achingly awful.

Also, the lack of Flashforward, which is DEFINITELY the biggest "Water Cooler" show of the new season, seems odd.

That said, none of that discounts the position of Glee on that list. Just their authority to make anyone believe they picked it for that for any reason other than the massive buzz its getting from other sources.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 1:27 AM

Oh, honeys. You missed this? Stop relying on LiveJournal and start poking around in the honest-to-God mainstream media. Glee is an actual American pop-culture phenomenon, much unlike those tedious late entries into the scene from Messrs. Abrams and Whedon. Rejoice!

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 9:42 AM

Messrs. Abrams

Abrams went to see Glee at Comic Con.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 1:05 PM

Ha. And was his reaction documented?

dippychik

dippychik

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 1:18 PM

Abrams went to see Glee at Comic Con

I think I read somewhere that Whedon also went to the Glee panel.

RebelliousAngel

RebelliousAngel

Stalker

• Interests:Revenge, Once Upon a Time, The New Girl, Mad Men, Supernatural, Heroes, Dexter, Veronica Mars (RIP VM!), The Hills, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Bette, The Office, Friday Night Lights, Dancing with the Stars, Pushing Dasies, So you think you can Dance, Amazing Race, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List, Greek, Moonlight<br />Yeah I watch a lot of TV! =)

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 2:05 PM

Amber Riley, Corey Monthieth and Kevin Mchale did a radio interview on 8/26 it's here in 2 parts if you want to listen.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 2:20 PM

Joss Whedon on his shows, and on waiting in line for Glee. Not much, really, but he seemed to like it.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2009 @ 2:27 PM

Whoops maybe it was Whedon and not Abrams.

Amber Riley, Corey Monthieth and Kevin Mchale did a radio interview on 8/26 it's here in 2 parts if you want to listen.

Yeah Amber belts out a song. I like it enough I am just not a fan or all the runs and extra stuff. If it is a good song it doesn't need all that IMO.

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2009 @ 10:53 AM

Jane Lynch on Chelsea Lately on 9/8.

Glee Kids on Bonnie Hunt on 9/9.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Sep 5, 2009 @ 12:58 PM

Matthew Morrison was interviewed on NY1's On Stage, a local NYC channel's weekly theater program. Some of what he said were spoilers to me, such as Victor Garber & Debra Monk play his parents and Cheyenne Jackson was flown in to play a part, but he was so sick he couldn't even stand up straight for his costume fitting, so they recast his role at the last minute.

The program repeats several times, so Time Warner NYC-area viewers should be able to catch it.

NancyEss

NancyEss

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

Playbill feature includes some spoilers.

And here's a story on Matthew Morrison from the NY Post.

And Lea Michele story in the NY Daily News.

Edited by NancyEss, Sep 8, 2009 @ 8:13 AM.

angiekins

angiekins

Video Archivist

• Interests:Reading, traveling, theater, ballet, movies, music.

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 10:47 AM

I was happily watching Bonnie Hunt this morning, waiting on the Glee cast and just as Dylan McDermett walked out the thunderstorm in our area knocked the show off the air. Blank screen. If anyone taped the interview, please post it on here-I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed it! Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Sep 9, 2009 @ 10:43 PM.

Lunathick

Lunathick

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 11:23 AM

It's already up on YT, angiekins.

dippychik

dippychik

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 11:47 AM

There's another interview with Lea in NYMag.

angiekins

angiekins

Video Archivist

• Interests:Reading, traveling, theater, ballet, movies, music.

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 12:05 PM

Thanks Lunathick!!

Rocker73

Rocker73

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 12:48 PM

Great review in today's Washington Post.

http://www.washingto...er=emailarticle

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 12:56 PM

Lea has the NY media covered

Edited by redbirds, Sep 9, 2009 @ 12:56 PM.

RebelliousAngel

RebelliousAngel

Stalker

• Interests:Revenge, Once Upon a Time, The New Girl, Mad Men, Supernatural, Heroes, Dexter, Veronica Mars (RIP VM!), The Hills, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Bette, The Office, Friday Night Lights, Dancing with the Stars, Pushing Dasies, So you think you can Dance, Amazing Race, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List, Greek, Moonlight<br />Yeah I watch a lot of TV! =)

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 1:18 PM

Jane Lynch on Chelsea Lately on 9/8.

How did I miss this? I watched Chelsea Lately last night too and that gardner from Desperate Housewifes was on what's his face Jesse Metcalf. Does Time Warner or E hate me and not show the right epi?

redbirds

redbirds

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 2:21 PM

You saw a repeat; they always have a repeat episode, like, a half hour after the new show.

New ones are 11/10c.

Edited by TWoP Gadget, Sep 9, 2009 @ 10:44 PM.

RebelliousAngel

RebelliousAngel

Stalker

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

Well dang I usually do watch it at 10 maybe I just thought it was 10 and it realy wasn't. IDK I'll just have to go watch the video over on E then but the player isn't working for me right now. I guess it's just not my day today. Lol

Eris Rising

Eris Rising

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 1:02 PM

Interview with Chris Colfer in the Los Angeles Times of 9/9/09. Warning: Minor spoilers, but probably nothing that you couldn't have guessed.

What I find most interesting is that the role of Kurt was created for him shortly after he auditioned to play Artie: Ryan Murphy decided that he wanted to base a character on himself in high school, and that Chris could pull it off perfectly.

royaltenenbaum

royaltenenbaum

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 12:09 PM

Here's the Jane Lynch interview from Chelsea Lately - it's hilarious. Or rather, Lynch is hilarious, as per usual. Love her!