Modern Family: Why The Face?

• Please log in to reply

10928 replies to this topic

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 3:17 PM

I think if the joke is clever enough, you can get a lot past the censors. Though I have no idea how a show like Two and a Half Men can be so unclever and crude.

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 5:43 PM

Don't forget that Gloria used to drive a cab at night too.

I love Cam and Mitch has done his own share of passive-aggressive actions as well. 

CleoCaesar

CleoCaesar

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 5:58 PM

I didn't catch that leaning tower joke the first time around either, but it makes sense.  I am kind of surprised that made it by the censors.

Maybe the censors didn't catch the joke either.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2014 @ 8:13 PM

Two Broke Girls does much more vulgar and explicit blowjob jokes on a regular basis. The soap joke doesn't strike me as something that'd cause any issue with censors given what goes through elsewhere without even being subtle.

Edited by theatremouse, Apr 8, 2014 @ 8:13 PM.

AriAU

AriAU

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:59 AM

So much for Gloria being a struggling single mom before Jay. That was not a rat trap tenement she was renting. That was a a nice entry level condo she owned. She had an enjoyable job at the salon with nice people in what looked like a decent neighborhood.

Maybe she got Javier to cough up enough to buy the place? While she was a single mom, she was also a divorcee and may have gotten a property settlement to get started and then alimony and child support to keep it going.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:43 PM

Luke was a very cute boy & I'm sure he'll be a nice looking adult, but right now he's mid-awkward phase. His nose has grown faster than the rest of him & his face looks very different. It happens to lots of boys his age, I just feel bad for him that his awkward phase is on TV. Alex has it worse though. Manny is never going to be tall, so he probably won't have an awkward phase. Unfortunately, he may wind up an odd-looking adult & could be playing high school kids for the next decade at least.

crazyirishlady

crazyirishlady

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 9:55 PM

I just watched the latest episode again and noticed a quick joke that I wonder if I'm misinterpreting. Cam mentions that his mom was an expert soap carver, and that once she made him wash his mouth out with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He says, "To this day she blames herself" and kind of gestures to himself and glances at the cake topper. I missed it the first time around, but now all I hear is "blowjob --> gay" innuendo. Am I off-base or was this so totally obvious that people just ignored it?

I took it as meaning it was the "leaning" tower, and not "straight".

mansonlamps

mansonlamps

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:59 AM

I took it as meaning it was the "leaning" tower, and not "straight".

That was my interpretation as well. I guess it could go either way though.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

I am watching reruns alot lately of this show and boy can I notice a BIG difference in Gloria,s character! As the seasons go by she is just too hard to watch. At first I thought she was so beautiful , kinda quiet and refined, now, SHIIIT I CAN NOT STAND watching and listening to her! She is ruining the whole show.