Yard Crashers

• Please log in to reply

57 replies to this topic

rerunz

rerunz

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:42 AM

My question on all of the Crasher shows, is do they get permits? The indoor ones especially have a lot of electrical and plumbing work, but many of the yard ones do too, and hardscape usually requires permits as well. With starting the next morning, there's no way they get it inspected and approved in 2-3 days.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

There is no way it is really the next day. They would HAVE to get permits.

This show could not last if they were illegally building.

carpat59

carpat59

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2011 @ 8:30 PM

I liked the episode I just watched with the rocker dude with his multiple piercings. He was so up for the experience and he and his wife were so nice and normal and appreciative.

Shaniqua

Shaniqua

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

http://forums.televi...n...&p=12910209

On the Tampa episode that I saw:
Everyone was fighting over Ahmed (some women were arm wrestling - LOL). I agree, they choose young people, and many times, pretty people. In this case, they chose an attractive young couple. The husband was really cute. In fact, a lot of the men on that episode were cute. Who picked all the cute guys? Was it Ahmed or the producers?

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 1:47 PM

I agree, they choose young people, and many times, pretty people. In this case, they chose an attractive young couple. The husband was really cute. In fact, a lot of the men on that episode were cute. Who picked all the cute guys? Was it Ahmed or the producers?

I am sure that they pick young people because they want people to be able to help out with the physical labor. And they pick pretty people because, well it is TV.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2011 @ 8:21 PM

Saw the Las Vegas episode, that was amazing with the lighted planters and the misters. What a perfect backyard for Las Vegas and the plastic grass too.

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

WTF happened to Ahmed Hassan? I loved Yard Crashers, watched it all the time. All of a sudden without notice, he is gone and this dull guy Matt replaced him. I tried to watch it with the new guy, but he is boring and suck.He does not even do yards, he is a contractor. I should have known something was up when Ahmed was not apart of this year's Blog Cabin.

Edited by tinalou09, Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:21 AM.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Here is a link with the explanation:

http://news.lalate.c...turn-exclusive/

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

Thank you Shortcake!!!

~tina~

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Adding my thanks for the link, Shortcake.

I tried watching the new guy-flipped the channel after 30 seconds. What a crashing bore he is.

I don't quite understand picking him to replace someone as wonderful as Ahmed.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

I'm really trying to figure out if Ahmed was fired or if he quit. I'm guessing fired or maybe they parted ways over some kind of contract dispute or whatever. In his statement he said that he wanted to focus on his family and his business, however, after the petition was created the people who run his Facebook (I'm pretty sure its not him) are encouraging people to sign it and make references to it every other day or so. If he left on his own, I don't think they would really care if people signed it or not.

I watched YC because I love landscaping shows, but also because I love me some Ahmed, so if he's not on it, I don't want to watch it. And its not just Yard Crashers. His other show, Turf War, also has a new and boring host so that is another show that I no longer care to watch. I'm hesitant to erase either show from my DVR list just in case they do decide to show any shows he's taped already.

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

Watched the new guy doing the showgirl's yard and cut it off halfway through. :-(

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

I read the latest article on Ahmed. He stated that he was not into making money or gaining more fame if it compromised his integrity(me paraphrasing). I have a theory...I noticed a sh*t load of product pitching and placement in the new eppies with the new guy Matt. This was never done before. I wonder if Ahmed refused to be the DIY product pitch man? Maybe he had a problem with that Just a theory.

~tina~

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Here's a link that can direct you to a site to sign a petition for getting him back on the show.

Petition

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

I'm sorry that Ahmed isn't on Yard Crashers anymore ... but Matt's a good guy, too. Like Ahmed, he's floated around and done lots of stuff on DIY. One of my favorites was a show called Money Hunters that he co-hosted with Deanne Bell (an engineer) that I hope comes back soon. (Deanne also did a great special on National Geographic with some other people, where they worked through how ancient Egyptian tomb robbers would have carried out a heist.) Anyway, I hope Matt won't have to shoulder the fan backlash for Ahmed's departure.

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

I like Mat too, on Money Hunters and Professional Grade! I think he is perfect for those shows, but unfortunately he is not well suited for the Crashers shows. You needs a certain kind of energy ie... Josh( House Crashers) and Matt M (Bath Crashers). IMO Matt does not fit the bill and he was a terrible choice to replace Ahmed(though Ahmed is irreplaceable to me)

Edited by TWoP Gadget, May 1, 2012 @ 9:05 PM.
Please don't sign your posts.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:07 AM

I watched an early afternoon repeat and thought Matt did a good job. As far as energy goes, I think Matt, Ahmed, and Matt Muenster are at a similar level while Josh Temple is on his own planet. But then I don't really care for Josh -- he's too hyper, too loud, and often quite obnoxious.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

But then I don't really care for Josh -- he's too hyper, too loud, and often quite obnoxious.

Me too! I can only take him in small doses, which means that I don't watch a lot of House Crashers. He is so extra.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

I love Josh :)

Saw a repeat with Ahmed this morning that I hadn't seen before. The couple was Manal and Jay who had bought their home 5 months earlier. They were shopping for vegetable plants and wood trellises. Instead, Ahmed and crew redid their pool decking and built them a shade structure. Gorgeous but no gardens and very little planting. Kinda disappointing really.

There was one episode where the wife or girlfriend looked shocked at what they were making her do and her friends who came over to help were huddled underneath a makeshift shelter because it was raining a little because they didn't want to get wet.

That was rerun over the weekend. I think the girls just wanted to be on tv and ogle Ahmed and not get their manicures all dirty!

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

That was rerun over the weekend. I think the girls just wanted to be on tv and ogle Ahmed and not get their manicures all dirty!

I have to say, I would ogle Ahmed too...Mat ain't bad but to me Ahmed is hotter funnier and just so much more entertaining..can't watch the ones without him. Even when I have tried I am bored into slumber. ZZZZZzzz

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:55 PM

Mat has like a mullet or something going on with a huge forehead.  It's so distracting.

I enjoy Ahmed much more for his hotness but also his humor and interaction with the homeowners and crew.

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 3:25 AM

Amen Lola16

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:54 PM

I still wonder what the true story with Ahmed?!? He & the show were very popular. Also, I'm very surprised no one has picked Ahmed up & created a similar show. There are so many knockoffs of knockoffs what's one more. As for, Matt, he isn't that bad but maybe if he took off his shirt once in a while it might help. At least, it might take my mind off his forehead & bad teeth. LOL!

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 10:13 PM

ByaNose

I still wonder what the true story with Ahmed?!? He & the show were very popular. Also, I'm very surprised no one has picked Ahmed up & created a similar show. There are so many knockoffs of knockoffs what's one more. As for, Matt, he isn't that bad but maybe if he took off his shirt once in a while it might help. At least, it might take my mind off his forehead & bad teeth. LOL!

LOL... Boy do I miss Ahmed! Matt is alright, but just can't watch a whole eppy. His energy is low and he just does not connect and interact with the clients like the other Crasher hosts, especially Ahmed. I hate the chick from Kitchen Crashers, I love Josh! ( I know he is not for all). Sorry to say not a fan of Matt M.(a cutey but too snarky for me ). No one will ever replace Ahmed...he is fine too!!! Matt B has too many strikes against him for me, and that doesn't include the Frankin Forehead and teeth. LOL I only watch the old eppies, I can't get through the new ones...ZZZzzzz

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 12:44 AM

Ahmed was on the Today show trying to show them how to pick out a good xmas tree.  Ahmed looked good and kept good humor about the segment.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:26 PM

Maybe I haven't seen this enough to judge, but it always seemed like Ahmed was into horticulture and landscaping, whereas Matt is more into wow factors like water features and outdoor kitchens.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 10:20 AM

Some of Ahmed's shows are on right now, 4/12 11 AM, with a few more listed, on DIY.

tinalou09

tinalou09

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 2:26 PM

thank you... lu1wml