S6 - Dave

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

40 replies to this topic

pk124

pk124

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:56 AM

So Dave still kind of seems constantly high. Not sure what's up with that. But he does deserve some credit since he's lasted longer with an injury than several other contestants have. He pretty much has one arm and has still managed to do fairly well. I'm kind of rooting for him just for that.

Red Snapper

Red Snapper

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2009 @ 4:22 PM

I like him, and hopes he does well, but I just don't see how he can make it to the end with that cast.

julieann

julieann

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 26, 2009 @ 11:59 AM

It's just that his voice gets on my last nerve. It is SO annoying and monotone.

Darth Kittious

Darth Kittious

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2009 @ 7:40 PM

I don't know why, but I just like him. Under some circumstances, his monotone voice and ever-present beanie would work my last nerve. But he seems like he'd be a pretty sweet and reliable friend if you got to know him. He strikes me as endearing. A very nice change from Robert, Van, and even cocky Kevin.

And I think he can cook - especially making the risotto very well with only one arm.

Red Snapper

Red Snapper

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 11:17 AM

I dig stoner guys. They're usually quite easy going and non judgmental. Dave seems like a real sweetie, and apparently he can cook. I just don't see how he can make it to the final service with only one hand w/o getting special treatment, which wouldn't be quite fair to the others. But then again Erin Burnett (now of CNBC) made it to the finals of the Apprentice with a cast on her leg, so you never know.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 11:32 AM

It's just that his voice gets on my last nerve. It is SO annoying and monotone.

Not to mention his dead eyes and the blank facial expression that never. Ever. Changes. To me, it's as creepy as it is distracting.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 11:24 PM

Every week, my crush on Dave grows. I'm hoping he'll win. He seems pretty competent.

Darth Kittious

Darth Kittious

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 12:35 AM

I feel you Janie Jones. Aside from being one of the few chefs this time around who can actually cook, I just find him adorable. And he was very animated this episode. Well, animated for Dave. And love his curly hair. Usually I'm not too fond of that many curls.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 1:52 AM

Good for Dave. 1 and a half arms and he's kicking ass.

breathespink

breathespink

Couch Potato

• Interests:writing, baking, shopping, volunteering, feeding my addiction to Vh1 "reality" shows

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 9:32 AM

I loved the curls on him. I just wish he spoke with more emotion instead of with a monotone voice.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 5:49 PM

I'm sort of digging his monotone. I'm expressive enough for two people. We can balance each other out.

Brattinella

Brattinella

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Dogs, cat, cooking shows, food, reading blogs (worst addiction!)<br /><br />Glad I found a home here!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />~shower the people you love with love~

Posted Sep 5, 2009 @ 12:34 PM

I'm just loving him more and more. Dave for the win!

Awfully Good

Awfully Good

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 5, 2009 @ 2:03 PM

I prefer Dave's monotone over Tennille's constant yelling.
The guys is made of win. I'm rooting for him!

voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 8:16 PM

De-lurking to say, Dave owned that kitchen tonight! He was all over it and doing well. Next week's preview is making me sad. I hope it's misleading. I really don't want Dave to go but I want him to be ok.

I'll be biting my nails 'til next Tuesday.

Edited by voiceofreason, Sep 8, 2009 @ 8:37 PM.

jo_tornblade

jo_tornblade

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

This is the first year I've been rooting for a guy to win (generally I'm of the "rah rah go whatever female I can stand" side). What worries me is how much we're seeing of Dave - that's usually the kiss of death.

I like him because he's not a drama queen and he's generally (crepe notwithstanding) competent.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 11:19 PM

He's clumsy. The wrist injury could have been avoided if he'd just not tried to yank his wrist out of the firetruck, and they're making it look like he made some sort of unwise grab for the saucepan.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 3:52 AM

Re: Dave: Even if what happens in the previews is a bad thing and he has to go I think he's impressed GR so much, especially since breaking his arm, that GR might give him some other chance in some way.

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 2:32 PM

I like Dave but something about him scares me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but didn't he say something on episode 1 like, 'if GR doesn't like my signature dish, it will do permanent psychological damage.' Somehow I don't think he was kidding.

Something about him seems creepy, he reminds me of the type of guy who'll instantly fall in love with you after just saying hello to him; and will send you roses every day and have photos of you all over his bedroom wall.

But he is good in the kitchen.

Irischano

Irischano

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 5:34 PM

I want to see Dave win, only for what his reaction would be.

and the winner is.....DAVE!!!!!!!

[confetti flies, people cheer, champagne popped]

Dave: oh, uh....thanks

bye

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2009 @ 9:38 PM

Tall, curly longish hair, knit-cap-wearing, wrist-cast-having dude?

Since when did Jared Padalecki get totally baked and decide to do a cooking reality show?

Edited by CoyoteBlue, Sep 13, 2009 @ 9:39 PM.

cek125

cek125

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 8:04 PM

Dave looks like he should be an extra in a Pearl Jam video. Really my coffee table has more personality then Dave.

davidcalgary29

davidcalgary29

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2009 @ 4:40 PM

How could there be any other possible winner this season? Dave + B.C. bud = match made in heaven.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 11:51 PM

I still don't know what I think of Dave.

He is the most enigmatic contestant ever for me.

On one hand, I feel he lacks some essential skills to be the winner - ability to list a dish's ingredients for instance - but on the other hand, he seems to also be very, very, very determined.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2009 @ 11:10 PM

Dave, I am BEGGING you. Stop lifting goddamn full pans with your bad arm. Just stop, honey. Pretend that arm doesn't even exist except to maybe season something. 'Cause you're gonna end up messing up something but good, AND get cut for medical reasons.

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2009 @ 7:41 AM

Dave's a cutie but co-worker and I both thought his fiancee looked A LOT like his sister. I laughed and thought, "OMG, it's like the White Stripes!"

BermyTryangle

BermyTryangle

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2009 @ 9:30 AM

I agree on the fiancee and sister situation. A little weird, but heck.

I'm hoping Dave outlasts Kevin, at the very least.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2009 @ 1:22 AM

Yeah, I don't get why Dave doesn't stop LIFTING things with his bad arm. A broken wrist is put in a cast to immobilize it, so it can heal. If you're going to lift with that wrist, to the point that there is pain - then the cast isn't keeping it immobilized. Taking two pans - it's better to carry them one at a time, with your good arm, than to risk damage to your wrist.
I get that he wants to win, despite the injury. But his wrist is healing, and he keeps re-injuring it, he may end up needing surgery, or having a permanent injury.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2009 @ 1:11 AM

Yeah, I don't get why Dave doesn't stop LIFTING things with his bad arm.

That's exactly why I fell out of love with Dave this week. He's a freaking idiot.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2009 @ 2:37 PM

Yeah, I don't get why Dave doesn't stop LIFTING things with his bad arm.

That's exactly why I fell out of love with Dave this week. He's a freaking idiot.

In a word, HABIT! It's really hard to break. I injured my arm, would reach for a heavy pot with both hands and wound up dropping a few before I learned to just call my husband or son to do it. (They preferred it to helping me clean up the mess.) Things are better now, but I still have to think before I do something with that arm.
Dave injured himself doing a "punishment" on the show. It had nothing to do with cooking. Look what "punishment" did to Robert. Isn't it time to limit "punishment" to restaurant related tasks? There's enough potential for injury in a kitchen without adding ridiculous ones to it.

leftymitt

leftymitt

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 12, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

Dave's the best, hoping he wins this season. Definitely needs to stop lifting pans with his bad arm tho, but I know what that's like.