S6 - Tennille

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

pk124

pk124

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 2:54 PM

So why does she YELL. EVERYTHING? If it wasn't for all of the yelling that she does, she might actually be a little more likeable. Most of the time it's hard to understand a lot of what she says.

I do think she was right for being upset that Suzanne didn't even consider her idea. I know she hasn't actually done all that well in HK, but I do think she's capabable of doing better.

dorothygale

dorothygale

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 25, 2009 @ 7:22 PM

Exactly!!! Why Tennille? Why the yelling?
God! I hate her so much. She is very "Whoopie"-like, and I HATE HATE HATE Whoopie.

Edited by dorothygale, Aug 27, 2009 @ 3:06 PM.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 6:59 AM

I am always ambivalent towards Tenille and think that if she had a different attitude, she would be very likable, but yeah, the yelling. What's worse is that her voice has some innate whiny tone that just drives me batty.

BermyTryangle

BermyTryangle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 8:09 AM

Why does Tenille always talk with her caps lock button down? Sheesh. We've seen she's capable of normal speech, namely when Ramsey was complimenting her, so she ought to be able to tone it down in the confessionals, you'd think.

Ramsey's right though, she's improved in the kitchen a whole lot since the early episodes and she's quite capable of bringing the funny.

tellybelly

tellybelly

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 11:44 AM

Why does Tennille shout? Consider this: If a reality show contestant speaks in a 'diary room' situation instead of shouting, does it make the final edit?

Although I suspect Tennille shouts at red lights that don't turn green quickly enough, Coke machines that flash 'sold out...sold out...' when she presses the Sprite button and elevators that don't fall from the 21st to the 1st floor fast enough to get her to her audiologist's appointment on the 17th floor...

dorothygale

dorothygale

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 8:44 PM

Ha! right on, TellyBelly.

Dear Tennille:

My head. It hurts. Please shush!

Lynne McLaine

Lynne McLaine

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 3:05 AM

There was another girl who talked just like Tenille in either the last season or the one before. Tenille drives me CRAZY! I HATE ALL THAT YELLING AND ACTING LIKE A FOOL! I just can't put into words how annoying she is, the sound of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and her attitude stinks. I can't wait until she is kicked off and humbled.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 11:37 PM

I had an image, while watching this weeks episode, of Tennille doing her confessionals in one end of the dining room. The producer or sound people, or whoever were standing on the other end with a hand at their ears telling her to speak up because they can't hear her.

That's why she's always so loud.

Luckily, I still like her.

cek125

cek125

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 8:01 PM

Where is the Captain? OK bad joke.

ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

I want to like Tenille- I really do. She seems like a pretty fun woman, who's grown confident in the kitchen; I admired the way she took charge after Ramsey left. And I can even deal with the consistent cursing.

But why, oh why, does she INSIST ON YELLING in all her damn interviews?

I mean, really.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

Inside voice, woman. INSIDE VOICE. You are working my last nerve, no matter how admirable a job you did today.

BermyTryangle

BermyTryangle

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 12:08 PM

Thing is, she's been a star performer in recent episodes and is now a probable favorite to make the Final 3. She had me laughing when she was at the farm. "It looks like mud, don't smell like mud...", etc.
The missus, however, hates her and wants her to go away five weeks ago.

If she and Dave now have at it, then watch out.

Reddeyze

Reddeyze

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2009 @ 2:00 PM

If she'd just dial it down a notch or two, I'd probably be cheering her on. As it is? SHUT. UP.

Muwarr90

Muwarr90

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

The Captain has suffered permanent hearing loss from having someone shouting at him 24/7.

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2009 @ 12:52 PM

I don't think she has a shot at winning (mainly due to her lack of knowledge of fine food) but she'll probably make the final three (with Dave and Kevin). Ariel has completely fallen apart of late, and Suzanne doesn't have a chance.

Reddeyze

Reddeyze

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2009 @ 12:31 AM

I think she'll win the whole shitteroo. Hey--where were Dave and Kevin when Ramsey left the kitchen? She took charge, and did it well.

I don't like her shoutiness, and I think she's lacking in some knowledge, but since when has that stopped someone from winning Hell's Kitchen?

Lurker Steve

Lurker Steve

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 26, 2009 @ 1:09 AM

Kevin was doing the tableside service. Given the chaos in the kitchen, I think it was the right call to stay out and make sure that people at least had their salad to eat.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2009 @ 3:23 PM

Shut up, shut up, shut up! You graceless moron. Tennille, I mean.

Edited by Raguel, Sep 30, 2009 @ 3:43 PM.

VMaxxwell

VMaxxwell

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 1:23 AM

I'd just like to say that I simply cannot stand this woman and thanks to her, for the first time ever, a contestant in a reality show has stopped me from finishing the season. And since I hear she's likely to win, I may give up on this show all together as whatever last smidgen of integrity it had left goes flying out the window.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Oct 1, 2009 @ 11:58 PM

I really hope Tenille is not the shoe-in female winner this season.

If they must stick to the 'boy-girl winner pattern' I'd rather it be Ariel, because I think Tenille's head would explode if she managed to take the prize this season.

TheLady2

TheLady2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2009 @ 10:58 AM

Finally at long last, she's gone! Tenille was a loud mouthed Whoopie Goldberg clone. How she stayed in it this long is beyond me.

Reddeyze

Reddeyze

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 8, 2009 @ 11:40 AM

Well, I stand corrected!

She was unbearable in many, many ways, but somehow I'm kind of sad to see the shouty mammer-jammer go.

rack

rack

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2009 @ 2:18 PM

I liked Tennille a lot. She was fun, and genuine, and had great presence. She lost that service fair and square, no doubt, but I was glad to see her get as far as she did, -- there's a certain point in each season where Gordon starts treating the contestants a bit differently and has nice and supportive things to say about those who are departing, and she had earned that.

Peragana

Peragana

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2009 @ 4:28 PM

I went to one of my favorite local restaurants today, and after talking about one of the dishes with the waitress, she told me that "I don't know if you've ever heard of a show called "Hell's Kitchen", but one of the contestants is our chef, and that's her recipe". Turns out the contestant is Tennille! I told the waitress I was a fan of both the show and Tennille (she was one of my favorites among the contestants), and she said that if it slowed down, she'd ask Tennille if she'd come out and say hi. Sadly, she ended up going home early and I didn't get to meet her, but still, cool! The waitress also said that Tennille is really friendly, thinks HK was a good experience for her (though she's got the usual reality contestant frustration-with-editing thing), and is happy to chat with fans during lunch hours (which are slower).

So if anyone's in the Northern Virginia/DC metro area, check out Sweetwater Tavern in Merrifield, VA and say hey to Tennille!

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 1:19 PM

I confess to being geekily excited about this little bit of news: Tennille is now one of the chefs at the Seasons 52 location in Rockville, Md. (it's a very cool chain, we went there for Father's Day dinner). They have two local locations, one in Rockville and one in Tysons Corner, and Mr. Cazzie will be performing periodically in the piano bar at both in coming weeks/months. So he'll get to work with Tennille, hopefully. She was a huge favorite of both of ours as well.