2-8: "Timebomb" 2009.08.09 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

459 replies to this topic

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

“I reckon I’ve already been to heaven…inside your wife’s vagina.”

“IIIIIIIIIIIIIyyyyIIIIII wanna be inside yo’ heaven. Take me to the place you cry from…”

Eric got all smiley and “Daddy’s home!” once Godric saved himself. So, Godric the Cuddly Vampire Philosopher is anti-violence and wants everybody to just get along. I wonder if the Vampire League is okay with that. I’m guessing they’re not. Why Godric won’t take the title of king makes a whole lot of sense now, too--his position on vampire-human relations and the nature of vampires in general is probably not that popular. I wonder what effect Godric’s views will have on Eric.

He did have some great lines with Sookie:

Sookie: Eric’s your maker, isn’t he?
Eric: Don’t use words that you don’t understand.
Sookie: You love him, don’t you?
Eric: Don’t use words I don’t understand.

The Sam-Tara-Marygrann storyline went nowhere. Sam’s in jail. The scenes with Tara and Eggs eating sadist soufflé were gross and creepy, but they didn’t add much.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

I totally loved Godric tonight and yes, I just wanna squeeze him...then get a papercut and let him have at it, since he doesn't need much. Hee!

And it was great how much lighter Eric was tonight after everything at the church. So much to process tonight.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

One aspect of True Blood that I've always loved is how the song that plays over then end credits is also so appropriately inappropriate.

Also, a suicide bombing? Really, show?

Godric sounded so young!

Edited by Last Time Lord, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:10 PM.

aphrodite-in-nyc

aphrodite-in-nyc

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:10 PM

I love Eric's American/Human accent - excellent!

cranky in NH

cranky in NH

Channel Surfer

Some quick initial impressions:

Sarah to Jason, “Oh, for heaven sakes, grow a brain cell!”

Sarah, “You’re worse than Judas!”
Jason, “Why, what did he do to you?”

Loved that the church actually DID end up in lock-down (not “lock-in”) after all.

Eric to Sookie: “Trust me.” Swoon!

Eric playing the good ol’ boy redneck complete with “dang!” = BRILLIANT!

I’m not really understanding why Eric couldn’t have picked up Sookie and just run out of there -- we’ve seen vampire speed before and they can obviously move so fast that humans can’t even see them. Why couldn’t he have just run past them all out the front door? Maybe I missed something.

Merlotte’s closes at midnight?

Lafayette eavesdropping -- heh.

Too many close-ups of Daphne’s heartless corpse!

Hunter’s souffle -- GAG! And then Tara and Eggs devouring it -- I have no words for how gross that was to me. Tara’s and Egg’s reaction after eating it was even more disturbing.

Steve Newlin to Sookie, “Honestly, what do they see in you???” Loved it.

Godric, “I’m actually older than your Jesus. I wish I could have known him, but I missed it.”

Why couldn’t Bill tell Sookie who was holding him?

OMG, Jessica’s hymen grew back! ACK!

Eric in a tank-top!

I liked Sookie’s outfit. For once.

“I’d come down and give you a hug, but I lost my pants!”

Just how, exactly, does one sodomize a pine tree?

Jason (after hugging Bill), “was that okay for you?”
Bill, “It was fine.” (“fine” in this funny, high-pitched voice) HAHAHA!

What was with Lorena’s hairdo? And Lorena vulnerable? Who knew?

Love Godric!

I knew that Luke would come to a bad end.

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

• Interests:Tv, movies, kids...you know stuff.

Previously on True Blood: Awesomeness

Godric is awesome, except for the “I'm here my child” part, which was creepy.

Sarah shot Jason in the nuts, funny! And he told that crazy bitch whats up. Go Jason!

When Eric said “Trust me”, I almost died. Smiling Eric, pretending to be a human was great. AS is adorable. Oh, dang.

Lorena bit Barry, and got smacked. Barry tastes different as well, curious that is.

Hoyt got some, almost.

Lafayette reads tarot cards. He just jumped up a level of awesome.

I know we are learning new shit about the Maryanne situation, but Eggs is boring again.

I'm feeling bad for Sam, bitch got him sleeping in his car in the woods. And there's Daphne in the fridge, missing her heart. So not only do the cops think he killed her but Miss Jeanette as well.

Maryann cutting up that heart was gross, and I haven't been grossed out by this show yet.

I liked how Godric called Stan 'underling'.

Maryann better not feed them Daphne's heart, oh shit she did. The fact that it is bleeding doesn't seem weird to anyone?

Eric and Jason's conversation was golden. Eric looks so hot when he's smiling. Glad to see him doing it again.

I imagine Hoyt wearing tighty whitey's but he's a boxer brief man.

Poor Isabel, she cries.

Jason and Bill were so cute, he hugged him and Bill hugged back, so cute.

I like Godric's reasoning. I like Godric. I find it funny that he still won't admit for sure if he was taken or not. I suspect that his evasiveness is a sign that he's afraid to admit it.

Sookie has pizazz!

Luke, no!!

ellaelise

ellaelise

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG

Don't read unless you're interested in book Godric:
Since they didn't make Godric a serial child killer/pedophile and instead made him the ultimate likable character ever, I HOPE TO GOD Godric didn't die!

I knew it all ended too happily! Crap crap crap. So all the vamps I DO like get bombed, but Lorena's dumb-ass stays alive!?! I almost don't want to watch anymore!

But I loved loved loved: "I am older than your Jesus." Love you, G.

Oh, and I teared up for poor Jessica. Such an Interview/Vampire-style twist.

Edited by ellaelise, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:13 PM.

artlady

artlady

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

Best episode ever! Makes up for all the weeks of going nowhere fast.

So much to love - need to watch it again... but everything Eric related was hot of course, Bill and Jason hugging was hilarious, and who knew I could have so much love for Steve Newlin?

"The war has begun you evil whore of Satan" and "Honestly, what do they see in you" were the two best lines of the whole show

I wish there was something higher than A+ !

Merlando

Merlando

Video Archivist

• Interests:Television, baby!!!! All hail!

And reading. And writing. And learning French. And other fun stuff to spread around.

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

My boyfriend wanted me to try beef heart....after this episode with the slap sex: fuck that.

The only thing that bothered me about this pretty good episode was:

- The Party to Welcome Back Godric... never mind that you just pissed off a fundamentalist group with a crazed little leader, I mean come on, they were kind of asking for the bombing with having all of those VIP vampires and a lack of security. If I did not know any better I'd say that Godric is an effing evil genius.

- Sookie's Overly Confident Sense of Protection with Bill...she is WAY better a person without him and where was the normally classy Sookie? No one in that room needed to see Springer Sookie.

and...

- Bill's Smugness... his maker just got the biggest plate of egg on her face and he couldn't spare a second for her crazy ass to get back with the land of the less crazy? Also, though he saved Jessica from being a part of this mess how effing close were they to sunlight? And way to tell a girl the fullest ins and outs of vampirism...yeesh.

Edited by Merlando, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:18 PM.

Webdude

Webdude

Video Archivist

• Interests:Sopranos, The West Wing, 24, bourbon, food, any combination of the above.

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:14 PM

Hunter souffle

Heh.

My city was experiencing an epic electrical storm right through this episode. At least I think it was really happening. Sometimes, it's hard to tell.

So Luke's gone postal on behalf of the fellowship. And Goric's gone all accommodating and kissy-face with the humans and the traitors. Just when you think you've got this show figured out, it mixes things up again.

I liked feisty!Sookie, and hated whiny!Bill. Talk about role reversal.

The re-emerging hymen was both tragic and comic at the same time.

This show is headed for season-ending cliffhanger that's going to be almost unbearable.

Edited by Webdude, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:20 PM.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:15 PM

Another good cliffhanger!
Damn- MaryAnn just keeps getting nastier and nastier-I can't wait for her comeuppance.

rosjaq

rosjaq

Fanatic

It's incredible how different Eric is from his maker. Through all of the action tonight (and there was a lot!), I was fascinated by the Eric/Godric scenes. The weight of the years on Godric, his disenchantment with his kind and his desire to live and leave others in peace permeated his moments on screen. At moments, there were glimmers of recognition in Eric, but his maker is such a different creature that the contrast between the two made for some fine and subtle moments. I love this show more and more every week.

ClosingTime

ClosingTime

Couch Potato

Loved Eric this episode with his good ol boy American accent. That was hilarious.

And Jason also bought the laughs as well with almost everything he said. Especially when he called Newlin a "white suit wearing motherfucker" or whatever it was.

Loved Godric. It would be him to put the smack down on Lorena's ass and make her leave. Love it!

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

I really hope they make Stan a regular. He's freaking gorgeous.

I continue to love Hoyt, and wish I had one of my very own.

Godric is like the Ghandi/MLK of vampires. I kind of love him and I hope he survives the bombing.

Will someone please kill Mary Ann already. She's bringing down the show for me. And she can take Eggs Benedict with her.

Purple Craze

Purple Craze

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

Lorena is such a vamp ho! I can't believe she bit Barry. Interesting that apparently both his and Sookie's blood taste different. L'eau de telepath, perhaps?

I laughed so hard when Sarah shot Jason in the balls with the paintball gun. Poor Jason, his dick is just always getting him into trouble.

I can't believe that Tara and Eggs ate PIIIIIIG!!!'s heart. That whole scene was just nasty.

Sign me up with Eric for the Godric's #1 Fan Club. He's so cute with his whole "I luv humans and they are the greatest!" campaign. There is no way he will survive for long in Vamp politics with that type of attitude though. I have a bad feeling about this.

Loved the whole showdown at the FOTS Church. The whole scene was made of win. Now bring on the bullet sucking!

Oh, and Hoyt was hilarious. "I don't know what you heard, but those were screams of pleasure! I think..."

Edited by Purple Craze, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:26 PM.

noandthen

noandthen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

I totally loved Godric tonight and yes, I just wanna squeeze him...then get a papercut and let him have at it, since he doesn't need much. Hee!

ROTF LMAO. That's genius...

Also, a suicide bombing? Really, show?

disappointing. i wanted the house surrounded, i wanted Sookie screaming hit the floor... this I imagined a lot in my head. I guess we all get to the same place as long as Sookie is sucking a bullet next week.

I love Eric's American/Human accent - excellent!

The way he hunched his shoulders and adopted the Southern accent? Oh, Skarsgard, you were made of win tonight.

Since they didn't make Godric a serial child killer/pedophile and instead made him the ultimate likable character ever, I HOPE TO GOD Godric didn't die!

amen EllaElise. Couldn't agree more!

Edited by noandthen, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:18 PM.

apropos of nada

apropos of nada

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:18 PM

It is really sad how much of a slave I am to this show. Next Sunday cannot come too soon!
Awesomely amazing moments:
1. I liked the parallels the show seems to be making about fundamentalists and vampires. First Newlin saying, “I don’t negotiate with the sub human.” Then, Luke (who I totally called) was the suicide bomber.
2. Godric is amazing. The smackdown on Lorena was beautiful to see. And Bill hitting her with the plasma was great. Not to mention Sookie getting a few jabs in. In fact, it was a trifecta of crap raining on her sorry head, which she deserved for biting poor ole Barry.
3. Newlin with the paint gun mark on his head cracked me up! Such a clown.
4. Glad to see Jason woke up craziness and kicked ass. So glad he got a pardon from Eric. That hug gave Bill was so cute… “Was it OK for you?”

Stomach turning moments:
1. Maryanne cutting the heart. How can she be so pretty and so effing crazy!!!!
2. Tara and Eggs eating the Hunter’s Pie like rabid wolves, then beating the shit out of each other! (So are they supposed to be like her now?)
3. Sam finding Daphne in the freezer. So sad.

Can’t believe the show did that moments:
1. Making Jessica a perpetual version is just awful! When someone called it last week, I was a 100% positive the show would never do that. Damn!!! Poor Hoyt.
2. Mike Snyder sodomizing a tree. (Funny but oh, so wrong.)

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:18 PM

HOLY BALLS!

First of all, that can’t be the end of the Newlins, right? I love the episode, but I’ll be wildly disappointed if that can’t be the way to go out.

So, Godric kind of gives of a sense of just being ready to be done with “life” right about now. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but he’s 2000 years old. Dude has probably seen and done everything there is to see and do. He reminded me of a worn out parent trying to calm down his kids and their friends at a birthday party when everyone was congregating at his house.

So AP is the sketchiest actor on the show for me and I thought I’d gotten used to her lower moments, but MY GOD. I was cringing during almost all of her lines tonight. Sookie both annoyed the shit out of me tonight and had me wanting to give her a terrorist fist bump. My Sookie Love-Hate meter was freaking out and now I'm dizzy.

Tara and Eggs are apparently distracted by food in the same way Jason is distracted by poontang. Seriously you two, Get your shit together. You got blackouts, Andy calling you zombies, instinctual feelings that something is wrong, your Social Worker buddy wandered her bloodied feet into the house with a rabbit that she killed with ehr hands and y'all are all, "Mmmmm, Hunter's souffle." I'm going to call Lafayette and tell him to sober up Andy so they can solve this shit.

Oh, and every time something crazy and/or gross happens at Casa Stackhouse I can't help but giggle because Sookie would be horrified by the shit that has been happening in Gran's house.

Jason kicked 100 different kinds of ass tonight. "Inside your wife." Damn, J! I floved all of it, but I was aww-ing/dying with laughter during the “Jason asks Bill for forgiveness” scene. Jason was so earnest and adorable and Bill was freaking the fuck out because he has no damn clue what to do with display of emotion. By the time Jason hugged him I just lost it. I demand more of them.

Lorena is a crazy bitch, but I liked her this episode and that red dress was gorgeous. The whole ”Did you know your bf totally crowned me with a big-ass plasma TV after we shacked up for 2 sexy days?” thing was full of win.

Aww @ Jessica and Hoyt. It'll be ok, you two. I hope. Shit. I've been worrying that these 2 are way too happy and now I'm freaking out imagining Jessica going on some sort of Vampire Bender because she's pissed at Bill.

Oh, and Eric's FotS minion accents was awesome.

ETA: Please. Someone. Get rid of Bill's man-bangs because they are are killing me every time he's on screen.

Edited by hardy har, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:19 PM.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:19 PM

Godric is like the Ghandi/MLK of vampires. I kind of love him and I hope he survives the bombing

I have the Godric love, but let's not forget, he's not all sweetness and light...he snapped Gabe's neck. He can be provoked.

justsmile

justsmile

Fanatic

The lines in this episode were fabulous. Probably the best written episode of the series.

I officially love Steve. He's so crazy and righteous in his thinking that he makes a great villain.

Team Adorable: Jessica, Hoyt, Barry & Godric.

Team Awesome: Godric, Eric (an Pam cause they're all family).

Loved the subtle-ness of Godric and his actions. Adored that Sarah told Jason to grow a brain cell and Steve's questioning of why Eric/Bill seem to even be interested in Sookie. It's like they're in my head. Get out crazy religious couple. Poor Jessica, and poor Bill when she confronts him. Although Bill walking in on Jessica and her freaking out was priceless.

I really do not need the Maryann, Tara, Eggs and the heart eating and beating. And of course puppy Sam was going to take the blame, Maryann is after her puppy and she now caged him. Sam's now like a pound puppy.

Wow, Luke the suicide bomber for Steve's god. Wow.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

I loved Godric which means he's probably not long for this world. Also, in the same vein. I love Stan and Isabel and hope to see more of them. I have a feeling one or two of these vamps will fall victim to the bomb. And poor Isabel, she didn't even wanna show her face to Godric after what Hugo did.

Sookie and Godric verbal bitchslap of Lorena was made of win.

Jason was awesome throughout the episode.

I am so over Maryann and Tara and Eggs, it's ridiculous.

Edited by Turkish, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:21 PM.

NotTonight

NotTonight

Couch Potato

I think Sookie is always ready to mouth off on anyone at any time. And Lorena was practically begging for. I don't even like Sookie, but I loved her in that scene.

The Tara and Eggs storyline freaks me out. It is so hard to watch without inducing vomit and outrage.

I still love Lorena. She is what she is, and that is a pathetic, jealous petulant brat. No one likes her, they kick her out of parties... but, that delivery of "pshaw" and I am sold.

I need more Lafayette. Poor, poor Jessica. That is a horrible curse to befall any woman. And also poor Sam. He has the worst life on this show!

ellaelise

ellaelise

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:20 PM

Oh, and I actually *did* think Steve Newlin deserved a better send-off... but I don't really want to see him back. I would have preferred a mini-war, with his death as the end. He was a great villain, but I don't like leaving it open.

Gremory

Gremory

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:20 PM

Loved Eric and his Southern twang

Go Bill kicking and beating the shit out of Lorena

I so want Lafayette to give me a Tarot reading

Hoyt and Jessica, how wonderful? And Hoyt telling Bill “Oh that was not a sound of pain, but pleasure.”

I love it, Jason turned GI Jason

Marianne cutting up Daphne’s heart was all sorts of disturbing and utterly gross

I think Godrick needs to be with Sookie

Poor Andy

Watching Tara and Eggs eating that soufflé was all sorts of horribly gross!

Eric smirking after his little chat with Jason was great

Jessica getting all rough with Hoyt was cool, but I feel sorry for her for not loosing her virginity before she turned.

Loved Jason’s welcome to the family speech with Bill.

Loved Sookie having it out with Lorena

I loved Godrick’s message at the end. Very philosophical indeed pertaining to the human race in general and the need for war and conflict.

Marquis Carabas

Marquis Carabas

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:21 PM

My boyfriend wanted me to try beef heart....after this episode with the slap sex: fuck that.

Okay I've been laughing for the last five minutes now. You me a new set of lungs.

Not to get too graphic but I think Hoyt needs to pick up The art of oral sex and soon.

I have to say I was worried about reading the book ahead of the time, but this is going in directions I wasn't seeing.

Alex Summers

Alex Summers

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

I kinda felt sorry for Lorena. She gets her head bashed in with a tv, Sookie calls her pathetic, Godric tells her that she hasn't matured at all in all these years as a vampire, and than he has Bill escort her out in front of the other vampires.

NotTonight

NotTonight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:27 PM

Lorena is a crazy bitch, but I liked her this episode and that red dress was gorgeous. The whole ”Did you know your bf totally crowned me with a big-ass plasma TV after we shacked up for 2 sexy days?” thing was full of win.

She quickly went from HBIC to very pathetic. But, when she's good, she is good. Every time Lorena does her little strut I hear Beyonce in my mind. Diva is a female version of a hustler. Hustle on, Lorena! You crazy bitch!

And I loved the hilarious little exhanges in this episode. Sarah Newlin and her paint ball gun passed on to Jason. Bill and Jason hugging. Andy's "the bull lady... with CLAWS." This show does have the best humor.

Edited by NotTonight, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:28 PM.

ellaelise

ellaelise

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:28 PM

amen EllaElise. Couldn't agree more!

I have been with AB from the start, and any changes he has made I've loved, but he usually has a feel for this stuff. Audience loves Lafayette, so he doesn't die. I hope since he changed Godric so dramatically, and made him so likable (vs book Godric) that he therefore doesn't die (even though this is now all so different that I have little faith). UGHHH ILU, tv-Godric.

Hmmm I wonder if this bombing/mass murder will make Godric a little less forgiving of humans (instead of a martyr, like Steve Newlin wanted to be). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, AB.

Edited by ellaelise, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:30 PM.

Webdude

Webdude

Video Archivist

• Interests:Sopranos, The West Wing, 24, bourbon, food, any combination of the above.

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:30 PM

And Bill hitting her with the plasma was great.

Nice one, apropos of nada. It had to be plasma. Whole blood just would have gone squish.

gik910

gik910

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:31 PM

I actually screamed at my tv when it ended. Damn you AB & all your cleaver editing!

So Godric is pretty much the most awesome being to ever grace this planet...I would have liked to meet you Jesus, but I missed him...heh!

He is facinating. I too, loved his interactions with Eric.

@ iliveTV...Godric was "taken" in so much as he did nothing to prevent it, he said himself he could have killed them in minutes, and all that would have accomplished was uniting more humans to the FotS'c cause. I get the feeling that Godric is dissapointed in the evolution of vampire kind...he hass watched humans become more self aware, and mankind in general striving for betterment of the race (imperfect, but most people are generally good) and all vamps have done is become better predators. Even most of the people at the Fellowship are regular folk, the are just scared of what they don't understand & mislead (wouldn't be the first time that's happened).

In other news, so EXCITED to see Nan Flannigan actually there!

I <3 this show so very much.

Also, yay Jason! He was so flipping endearing in this episode. RK is an amazing actor.

Edited by gik910, Aug 9, 2009 @ 9:33 PM.