Giuliana & Bill

• Please log in to reply

1618 replies to this topic

Sunfire

Sunfire

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:23 AM

Yes he does. It's on here every day at 9 am. The American Now you're talking about is on Fox News Channel. The one I'm talking about is on the big Fox channel (NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox). Maybe it's not shown in your market but if you Google it I'm sure you'll find it.

So now both G&B are hosting a new dating show on NBC? I wonder what's she's going to cut back on once the baby comes. It doesn't seem like they have a minute to spare now.

Martha123

Martha123

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:12 AM

I don't think she's going to cut back on any of her projects, this baby will be raised by a NANNY. Not to mention, might possibly be living on a plane.

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

On the Today Show they said they were finding out the gender of the baby(ies) but are going to keep it a surprise for the public until the birth.

Oh but of course, gotta have something to force out another season of their dumb show.

How awful that this baby isn't even born yet and it's already a pawn in the big game of reality tv. Disgusting!!

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Here's the show Bill hosts:

America Now

It's syndicated so it may not play everywhere. I'm in NY/NJ and we don't get it.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

I live in the Chicago area but refuse to go to RPM because the whole story line annoys me to no end. They have to drag in sweet old Mama DiPandi, tell her they love her cooking so much they just have to make a restaurant for her and they have to have her recipes, she spends endless time cooking and it was all bullshit.

Of course I understand that G & B all along intended a hip, trendy anti=Mama DiPandi restaurant. But why drag her into it at all? She looked really disappointed when they first said no to the name and they obviously are not serving her food. I think I would have told Bill to shove it if I were Mama (and yes I understand about locations, marketing etc-it just bugs because I don't believe Bill had any intention of doing anything different).

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

I live in the Chicago area but refuse to go to RPM because the whole story line annoys me to no end. They have to drag in sweet old Mama DiPandi, tell her they love her cooking so much they just have to make a restaurant for her and they have to have her recipes, she spends endless time cooking and it was all bullshit.

How else would they have milked that many episodes out of that stupid storyline? Watching the real business people at work attempting to open a restaurant probably wouldn't make good tv. Especially since I'm willing to bet G&B had very little to do with the entire operation.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

And why did I start watching this show, I wonder as I watched the recent episode.... Seriously, this is some boring stuff. They really have to work to come up with storylines, and they try so hard to come across as perfect in every way. Drives me nuts. I think I should be done watching now....

Totally agree about the restaurant... to make a big deal about it being about the mother, and then turns out to be nothing about the mother.....

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

I thought that was foul, too. I would have been so hurt if I were Mama D, and I definitely wouldn't be cooking for my shady son-in-law anytime soon.

Martha123

Martha123

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Not surprised about the restaurant's direction, one bit. These 2 will sell anyone out who gets in their way of making $ and gaining more pseudo FAME. Didn't anyone else notice how excited they both got when they found out the news of hosting the new dating show. They were both giddy...

This show seems so staged, with the Home Goods piece, etc. It's like one BIG commerical.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

The whole restaurant thing was a bit of each side using the other for it's own gain. THe Melman's I'm sure were glad to have the tie in to the show to give them free publicity and get a buzz going with tourists who might frequent it as a point of interest when visiting Chicago, hoping to see BIll and Guiliana and the baby(ies).

I noticed Guiliana said kids, babies as in the plural a couple of times in this last episode and I still have a suspicion that the season finale will toss in a shocker that They are expecting TWINS.

The doctor made a remark that "this girl is fertile" and the shot of the ultrasound seemed either cropped or very generic (maybe a "stock photo"?.

Something about having the doc and Bill and Guiliana high fiving and slapping each other on the back after the ultrasound gave me a weird feeling too. I kinds felt bad for the GC, Something creepy about them all being there like she was a prize show dog having a litter. if I were a GC, I don't think I'd agree to having the bio parents there for all these appointments. They can get the medical records and pics but sorry, the group effort is over now, it's on me from here on in. You can wait in LA for the call to come for the birth.

I definitely wouldn't be cooking for my shady son-in-law anytime soon.

I'd continue cooking for him... he'd be spending a lot of time in the bathroom afterward. Mama Di Pandi's revenge!!

Why does Bill call his mom "Gail"? Even the screen shots detailing where they are say "Gail's house"

Edited by ish, May 10, 2012 @ 3:15 PM.

Sooner Charmed

Sooner Charmed

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

I love that this episode showed Bill's follow up with Didi's mom in Haiti. The juxtaposition with Giuliana covering the Grammy Awards, and Whitney Houston's death was stark. I really appreciate that Bill really does follow through with the things that he might have assumed viewers had forgotten about from past seasons.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

On MSNBC they linked to an article that said that B & G were in the process for baby #2. Not sure if that means that the above speculation will be right, or if they are going through the process on a second baby from another carrier. Personally, since they haven't been parents before it seems smarter to see how baby #1 goes before going for #2--sometimes people's ideals change after having one and knowing the work that goes into it.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Alexa, I read about that this morning. Something about didn't sit right with me like she's just farming out baby making duty to multiple carriers to get an instant, picture perfect, celebrity family. I also think it would be weird to try and explain to the kids as they get older why they're so close in age once they do the math on it. They feel like the direct opposite of Elizabeth Banks whose spoken about her infertility issues and maintains a close relationship with their gestational carrier. It seems like she "gets" it while Guiliana doesn't seem to respect the process or the gestational carrier.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Personally, since they haven't been parents before it seems smarter to see how baby #1 goes before going for #2--sometimes people's ideals change after having one and knowing the work that goes into it.

ITA. It's one thing if the GC ended up having twins, it's another to pursue another GC pregnancy before the first child is even born. Maybe they'll end up feeling like one is enough given how much they travel.

coffeeplease

coffeeplease

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

I noticed Guiliana said kids, babies as in the plural a couple of times in this last episode and I still have a suspicion that the season finale will toss in a shocker that They are expecting TWINS

I saw the article where Bill says they are "working on" #2 and I think so as well. Didn't they have only 2 embryos? I think it would make sense that it was twins and not them using another surrogate before their first is even born.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

I agree with you both. There are so many reasons that you might decide one was enough. The child could have health issues or some other disorder that might require more work than you intended. Or like you said, their frequent travel could be an issue. And sometimes just the general effort of parenting one turns out to be more than expected, etc, etc.

Plus, don't you want some time to truly enjoy your first baby? If you are so distracted by number 2 on the way you are missing a valuable experience.

Of course as stated, if it is twins that is another thing altogether.

winnter

winnter

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

I was a bit shocked at Bill's mom's room that they said was so badly in need of a redo. Seriously? Most of us have parent's whose parent's houses look like a time warp to the 70's or 80's. Her room was quite modern to begin with. just sayin

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

I can understand them not wanting to wait before starting on baby #2 since they're not getting any younger. As it is, Bill will be 62 at this kid's college graduation. But didn't the doctor say that G would need to postpone another round of egg harvesting because the drugs can stimulate cancer growth?

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

Just saw the building a house in Haiti episode and just hope Bill doesn't get an injury from patting himself on the back so much. Yes, they did a nice thing but from forcing the mom to say "her thoughts" which of course were "Thanks, Bill", to having his friend sing the song "Building a house" was just so over the top. Of course, it is good to do charity work, but to flaunt it is in bad taste. And was the song "Building a house for Haiti? Or building a house for Didi?" It sounded like building a house for Haiti, but it was one house, not a house for everyone in Haiti. He also didn't build it for Didi. He built it for Didi's mother, in honor of Didi. Didn't like the grandstanding, either way.

luvTV114

luvTV114

Just Tuned In

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

I did read where Bill said they were working on #2 already. I wonder if she is pregnant? It is possible. Wouldn't that be a hoot? I noticed in the episode yesterday, her stomach was puffy through her dress. And she told her friend they were pregnant and did not mention the surrogate. I just thought it was interesting.

escapingreality

escapingreality

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

My guess is they're maybe doing more egg retrieval from Giuliana. They only had 2 frozen embryos, and I think they put both of them into the surrogate (or did they just put one?). If they did already use both, then now they are left with none left, so maybe they're trying to make more embryos to either freeze or to put in a different surrogate for a second baby. My guess would be to freeze for now. The longer she waits, the older she's getting, maybe they wanted to get the eggs out of Giuliana asap.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

I noticed in the episode yesterday, her stomach was puffy through her dress

I think she just ate a sandwich.

I laughed when she showed her mother the salad named after herself on the menu and Mama Dipand said "One leaf? Only one Leaf?" Mama knows Guiliana starves herself.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

They both seem like nice people and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but every episode of their show is clearly a business vehicle for them. The combination of them showing off or selling an idea at every turn, trying to act like they are perfect with each other all of the time, and so many other things, it just makes me cringe.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

I laughed at Bill and Guiliana shopping for stuff for his mom's family room makeover in HomeGoods! All while she is wearing shoes and carrying a handbag that must have cost more than the makeover itself. I'm not knocking HomeGoods either, I shop there. But they couldn't have gone to a higher end furniture store? Ethan Allan, Bassett etc. As nice as they try to come across, I don't get a sense that they are truly generous people. You want to build a house for Didi's mom? Build it without cameras and publicity.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

They should change the name of the show to Lifestyles of the rich and famous. Look at Guiliana's designer shoes and purses! Look at them flying to an expensive resort in Cabo! Look at Guiliana's gowns. It also seems apparent that Bill runs everything in their lives. I don't believe G has a say in anything including what the future babys name will be.

It also annoys me that Bill always brings up some point about him being the beautiful one, hoping the baby gets his looks and talking about Guilana's big head. She isn't very attractive, but she is his wife, just endured breast cancer and he should just shut up about it. I halfway think he married her only for show biz connections while she really is in love.

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 8:01 AM

I think Bill is desperate to get on air job in Chicago. Hence the guest-hosting spot on Windy City Live. I remember reading the G&B were trying to get their own talk show here, and WCL is the replacement show in Oprah's 9am morning slot here (I believe in most other markets she aired in the pm but in Chicago she was always at 9 am). If he can worm his way onto that show he can then bully Guiliana into leaving E!

I predict they'll be staying in LA for a while, though. Being part of the Fashion Police ensemble has to be a hoot. That is one funny show, and I for sure wouldn't give that gig up.

This show is so staged and scripted...I think G is pretty funny, and I like the behind the scenes look at what goes on at E! But she can lay off the getting-dressed for an event scenes. The only one I thought was worthy was seeing her try and glam up when she still had the surgical drains in her. I have to give the girl credit for being so brutally frank with her surgery/recovery. But there's too many watching Guiliana pick out her wardrobe scenes lately, and the kooky stylist made me hit the FF button on my tivo remote.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

I laughed at Bill and Guiliana shopping for stuff for his mom's family room makeover in HomeGoods! All while she is wearing shoes and carrying a handbag that must have cost more than the makeover itself.

Guiliana probably didn't pay for any of the shoes and handbags she carries. It's amazing how much free stuff on-air people get. And chances are probably good that they got all that stuff for Bill's mom for free as well, in exchange for featuring the store on their show.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

And chances are probably good that they got all that stuff for Bill's mom for free as well, in exchange for featuring the store on their show

I'm sure HomeGoods comped them for the promo, but in terms of being generous, if I wanted to treat my mom to something special as a "thanks" , I'm going to pay for it out of MY money. Giving hand me down swag as thank you wouldn't cut it for me, not for something extra special. I get promo crap at work and gift baskets that I will give to loved ones just because, but it would be tacky to try and pass it off as something from the heart.

goodnight

goodnight

Video Archivist

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

I was really happy for G & B when they announced they were finally having a baby--especially after all they've been through this year. But if they don't slow down with their 9 million shows, photo shoots, speaking engagements, books, clothing lines, etc., and concentrate on their baby, I'm going to think they're real assholes. Their kid (the only one they may ever have) doesn't need to be dragged all over the country so mommy and daddy can play celebrity.

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

One of my legs weighs more than Giuliana, but I was a little horrified at the footage of her on their weekend "vacation". (Who takes a weekend vacation?) She's scary thin. If the camera adds ten pounds, one might wonder how she looks in real life.

They don't have time for one child, let alone two. There, I said it.