Giuliana & Bill

• Please log in to reply

1618 replies to this topic

eblairj

eblairj

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2009 @ 10:53 PM

New show on the Style network. Started tonight. Lack of a thread here says a lot, I think. It's on my Tivo and I watched the first 10 minutes before getting bored. I may go back to it.

Here's an article.

AsIfYouWish

AsIfYouWish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 5, 2009 @ 10:59 PM

I made it for about 6 minutes before I started to literally nod off. When I woke up, I made it for maybe another minute-and-a-half or so before more bored zzzz's poured forth.

Ladyhawk777

Ladyhawk777

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2009 @ 11:33 PM

OMG, is it boring...clicked it off.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2009 @ 11:57 PM

Is Giuliana ever kind, nice or thoughtful? What a prune face. No wonder Ryan Seacrest treats her with such disdain ~ now I get it...

Jabbas

Jabbas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 12:24 AM

I was only interested in the house part. That looks like a small house but it looks huge inside. It didn't even look like a house from the outside, it looked like a condo.

Edited by Jabbas, Aug 6, 2009 @ 1:03 PM.

crazy_girl

crazy_girl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 8:34 AM

I watched it simply because nothing else was on but they're both sort of distasteful. I joked with a co-worker that they're next to be divorced due to the whole rule of any couple on a reality show not making it to their 5th anniversary but after watching it I think it probably is true. They don't appear to have much in common or even know each other that well. Neither of them seems to have much of a personality beyond their overwhelming desires to constantly be on TV so all of the "couple" stuff seemed manufactured. Even the "coming this season" stuff about how Giuliana wants a baby but Bill doesn't . . . come on already people. Are we really meant to believe you didn't go over all that before you got married?

The house was interesting to see but at the same time I have no desire to watch two wealthy people go on and on about all of their gifts and how they have been too busy to open them even though their friends keep asking if they've received them. Rude, rude, rude. Nor do I want to watch two wealthy people decide on a $1,000 dress or a free dress that looks cheap. Or a $24,000 rug. Shut it already.

DuffysSis

DuffysSis

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:07 AM

Am I the only one who thought the house was a little tacky looking in the "after" shots? Just curious. I like the otuside and some of the rooms were nice but some of it was way too trying to be modern for me.

contretemps

contretemps

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:24 AM

The house was interesting to see but at the same time I have no desire to watch two wealthy people go on and on about all of their gifts and how they have been too busy to open them even though their friends keep asking if they've received them. Rude, rude, rude. Nor do I want to watch two wealthy people decide on a $1,000 dress or a free dress that looks cheap. Or a $24,000 rug. Shut it already.

Amen to this! I thought it was just my crankiness from my own recession woes. I found myself saying "Shut the f up with all your petty problems." I shut it off before it was over and I won't be revisiting.

reggiejax

reggiejax

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:58 AM

It didn't even look like a house from the outside, it looked like a condo.

That house is in the Gold Coast, just off Michigan Avenue, in Chicago. For a minute I thought it might have been in Lincoln Park, but the Hermes store being "down the block" confirmed the Gold Coast location. And the Gold Coast means that more than likely the house has been rehabbed and has probabaly been standing there for quite a long time.

I liked the show. It was light as air, and though they highlighted some disagreements between Bill and Giuliana, it was nothing that indicated any serious drama. Which may bode well for their marriage, but not for the show. But I will be watching again.

Edited by reggiejax, Aug 10, 2009 @ 4:28 PM.

lissy

lissy

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:08 AM

I gotta say I enjoyed it too. But then again, I enjoyed their wedding special as well. I think they're a cute couple but I can see what others having been saying about them complaining about petty things. Time will tell if they get on my nerves or not. I'll watch it again.

Red Soled Shoes

Red Soled Shoes

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:08 AM

yeah, I semi-liked the show. But it was kind of boring. Only parts of the ep completely held my attention. I'll give it at least one more glance though. I think. LOL

IvySpice

IvySpice

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:25 AM

Wait, so when did they shoot these moving-in scenes? Bill and Giuliana just sold that house.

http://www.chicagoma...009/Youre-Sold/

It's on E. Bellevue, less than a block from the lake, if they didn't fake the shot of Hermes across the back alley.

eblairj

eblairj

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:53 AM

Wait, so when did they shoot these moving-in scenes? Bill and Giuliana just sold that house.

Iiiiiinteresting. I thought all the drama was because, "It's the house our children are going to grow up in!!"

I had already guessed that all the "living in two different places" was going to come to a head at some point in the season, probably in the finale. Maybe that's when they make the big decision to sell the dream house and live in the same place. Or whatever.

I just can't get it up for the drama in this show. I am so over "celebrities" and their "crises." Like the lantern emergency that was such a big freaking deal she had to fly across the country to solve it? Yeah. The cute little juggling bet so she could buy her dream coffee table? Hee. Hee. Not. After that I found it really hard to feel sorry for her when she was complaining that she couldn't afford to buy her own dress for the Teen Choice awards. I do understand why that should be a work expense and it shouldn't have to come out of her pocket, but I have a hard time believing that not one of the dozen or so free dresses she tried on would have worked. I know she ended up wearing a free one and changing because it was "too hot," but she didn't have to change into the out-of-pocket Zac Posen dress. Her choice. Just like the five-figure coffee table was her choice.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 2:22 PM

All this show does is make me remember back when Bill was known as Boyfriend Bill, The Apprentice was a good reality show and Omarosa had a little credibility. I kind of liked the idea that, even though he was married to Giuliana, I really wouldn't see him. Way to ruin that mystique, Style (and E!).

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 3:55 PM

I actually kind of loved it. But then I've always kind of loved Giuliana. Plus, Bill is hot. So, yea, worked for me.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 4:44 PM

I was strangely fascinated by Giuliana's crappy veneers. They are so thick it looked like she was wearing a mouth guard. I don't know how she talks with those things in her mouth. And she got Boyfriend Bill some teeth whitening, too, it looks like. Blinding! She also needs to eat a sammich, or 50.

Bill is still hot. So I'll probably still watch.

Red Soled Shoes

Red Soled Shoes

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 5:11 PM

Yeah, I used to think Bill was fug. His big schnoz always turned me off. But he was lookin GOOD last night. Yum.

I wish Giuliana would cut and darken her hair. That god awful stringy blonde-ness does nothing for her weirdly-shaped (small) face/head.

Jabbas

Jabbas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 5:22 PM

I can't stand their voices, especially Gulianna. She sounds like she's reading off a teleprompter every time she talks and it irks me.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 6:48 PM

I'm in the 'wow, that was boring as hell,' camp.

I thought he was great on The Apprentice, and normal, and now he's married to that little rat-faced thing with the bad hair? Word that they seemed to have little chemistry and that she seemed to be all 'on' all the time. Her calling him 'Rancic' half the time seemed to me like she wanted to seem like a hip, 'just one of the boys' chick, which, put a sock in it, pointy. Also, swallowing the sock couldn't hurt, as she has a severe case of lollipop-head, which is not helped by the little rat-face.

She kind of looks like a Little. As in 'we are the Littles..."

The juggling thing also seemed like her hyper way to show how cool and fun she is. I think this is more her idea than his, I haven't really seen him since he was on S2 of The Apprentice randomly, and he didn't seem the famewhoring type that much.

Sadly, he seems to be way more into her than vice versa.

I thought the house was overdone in parts too. I liked the main room, with the fireplace (though I'm on her side there, gas fireplaces suck and always look tackity tackity tack), and the kitchen but that all-marble, all the time bathroom was ridiculous. It looked Trumpy, except not gold, heh.

Pastprime

Pastprime

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 7:40 PM

she has a severe case of lollipop-head, which is not helped by the little rat-face.

I've always thought her head looked just like a mushroom (and those teeth)...... I know it sounds cruel but if she had a sweet or nice personality I wouldn't say it. She is the typical phony Hollywood hustler.

lovinbob

lovinbob

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 7:40 PM

I can't stand their voices, especially Gulianna. She sounds like she's reading off a teleprompter every time she talks and it irks me.

I always thought she looked like one of those alien sketches.

ETA: Joisgreat, now I feel just terrible!

Edited by lovinbob, Aug 6, 2009 @ 8:13 PM.

Joisgreat97

Joisgreat97

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 7:57 PM

Giuliana once mentioned that she knew she was unattractive, and that she knew she looked liked an alien. I felt awful for her when she said that, but she did mention that's one of the reasons why she worked so hard in school and got her Master's. IMO, with her academic background, she was better suited for CNN, especially with her DC connections, but I guess it's easy money to talk about celebs.

Aimoo

Aimoo

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 8:40 PM

Her calling him 'Rancic' half the time seemed to me like she wanted to seem like a hip, 'just one of the boys' chick, which, put a sock in it, pointy.

Word. Hearing her call him "Rancic" made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. He is her HUSBAND, right? I'm not so sure after watching the way they interact. Who does that?

crazy_girl

crazy_girl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 8:41 PM

I haven't really seen him since he was on S2 of The Apprentice randomly, and he didn't seem the famewhoring type that much.

He's famewhoring . . . just really bad at it. He hosted a daytime talk show for about a year called In the Loop with iVillage--nationally syndicated and taped in Chicago. Very very bad show. I had to go to a taping for work and they were dragging in people off the street to fill the audience. I had an intern on one side of me and a homeless lady on the other side. Not kidding.

Then he had another show called We Mean Business where he and two other people would go into smaller businesses and remake them so they'd be successful. Kind of like Peter Perfect but not that fun level of bad. Just boring bad. I swear it was on at like 6 a.m. on Saturday mornings and that's it. I caught it when my baby was tiny and I was up at weird hours nursing him.

My gut reaction when I heard about this show was that it was his idea since his other two shows were abysmal and he felt like he needed her celebrity to get something with more than five viewers at a time.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 9:26 PM

Word. Hearing her call him "Rancic" made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. He is her HUSBAND, right? I'm not so sure after watching the way they interact. Who does that?

I've known couples who do it - but they do it all the time, like it's just what they call the other person, for various reasons, generally including that tons of people refer to the person by their last name. She went in and out of it, which gave it that added 'I'm a hip chick!' vibe. In addition, the people I've known who do it - don't have the same damn name. That also made her look like a dolt, imo.

Giuliana once mentioned that she knew she was unattractive, and that she knew she looked liked an alien. I felt awful for her when she said that

I think I feel somewhat better for her, in that she's noticed and can be self-depricating about it. I read someplace Amanda Seyfried discussing her weird frog eyes, and that her bf also had frog eyes and that if they reproduced... but it was quite good-naturedly self-depricating. Doesn't make it untrue tho, heh.

crazy_girl - I had no idea about all that. That's just... sad. Now I feel icky about having watched. It was ok when I thought he was getting dragged along because I liked him and she's offputting, but now ... bleh.

Edited by beezer, Aug 6, 2009 @ 9:26 PM.

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:11 PM

As a Chicagoan I'm watching for the background of the city. Plus I really liked Bill, and I liked their wedding special. I'm surprised they sold the house so soon, but I wouldn't especially think living on Bellevue is where someone like Bill would want to raise little kids. He seems very traditional and the first time a homeless guy breathed on one of their little alien bambinos they'd be off to a ritzy suburb like Hinsdale where they can build a McMansion and Bill's mom will be right nearby in Burr Ridge to do all the babysitting.

Yeah, the faux dramas of this show were inane. The stress of hosting the Teen Choice Awards! Scheduling too many deliveries in one day! Horrible, post-Apprentice yet pre-Guilianna artwork! A reclining chair that doesn't work right away! A chef from Carlucci's coming over to make some caprese! Yawn. If it wasn't for the house renovation I don't think I would have stuck with it either. But I'll probably watch again, too, just because Chicago isn't the background for too many reality shows.

IvySpice

IvySpice

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 11:18 AM

OK, so I went by the house yesterday to confirm. (Shut up, it's in between my office and my home.) It is indeed on Bellevue, just a few houses away from the beach. Hermes really does share their back alley a couple of doors down; that wasn't editing.

In some interview, they mentioned that they liked the street because they are "obsessed" with the Original Pancake House, which is also on Bellevue. FWIW, I'm in that pancake house all the time and I've never seen them, but their affection for it does show good taste. I agree that they seem more like a suburban pair when it comes to kids. There are Original Pancake Houses on the North Shore, after all. The original Original is in Wilmette!

This show is way, way too boring to merit space on my TiVo, but whenever there's a Near North location, I'm happy to do a little research. I'm always interested when Chicago's on TV.

Edited by IvySpice, Aug 7, 2009 @ 11:18 AM.

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 11:23 AM

Good sluething IvySpice. I really wonder why he sold it. Maybe he's becoming a house-flipper as renovating can be addictive. As for the Original Pancake House, yum!

Phenobarbara

Phenobarbara

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 11:42 AM

Giuliana once mentioned that she knew she was unattractive, and that she knew she looked liked an alien. I felt awful for her when she said that, but she did mention that's one of the reasons why she worked so hard in school and got her Master's. IMO, with her academic background, she was better suited for CNN, especially with her DC connections, but I guess it's easy money to talk about celebs.

That makes me sad, because I've been guilty of referring to her head as alien-shaped. I had no idea about her background - very impressive.

I was never crazy about Bill but I really dislike him after what crazy girl said. There's something very unsavoury about him.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 12:09 PM

I watched the show too for the hse and Chicago shots.

The block on the other side of their alley is Oak St with all the $$$$ boutiques.

I discovered Guiliana can be self-deprecating about looking like an alien,
awhile back oh her E show they put up a pic of ET with her face next to it for comparison.

Edited by sheetmoss, Aug 7, 2009 @ 12:12 PM.