S20: Spoilers Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

710 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Aug 4, 2009 @ 6:13 PM

By request, what goes in here:

Anything that shouldn't go in the Speculation thread, especially spoiler information about locations and/or participants.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 10:04 PM

Lot of info floating around.

This is the rumored cast list:

Rupert (Pearl Islands, All Stars)
James (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
Boston Rob (Marquesas, All Stars)
Tom (Palau)
Randy (Gabon)
Coach (Tocantins)
Tyson (Tocantins)
JT (Tocantins)

Other males whispered about: Big Tom (Africa), Gervase (Borneo), Unknown Male (Samoa)

Jerri (Australia, All Stars)
Amanda (China, Fans vs. Favorites)
Sandra (Pearl Islands)
Candice (Cook Islands)
Parvati (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
Stephenie (Palau, Guatemala)
Sugar (Gabon)
Courtney (China)
Natalie (Fans vs. Favorites)

Other female castmembers whispered about: Tina (Australia, All Stars), Danielle (Exile Island), Jenna (Amazon, All Stars), Cirie (Exile Island, Fans vs. Favorites)

Manna

Manna

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

Oh, I really hope those spoilers are wrong. I don't need to see anybody for a third time.

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

• Interests:Favorite tv shows: <br />Survivor<br />So You Think You Can Dance<br />Pretty Little Liars<br />Dancing With the Stars

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 11:19 PM

Oh, I really hope those spoilers are wrong. I don't need to see anybody for a third time.

I'm with you, Manna. Twice is enough for any contestant, IMO. I also don't want to see any previous winners (JT and Parvati, I'm looking at you) again, because they've already won the million.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 11:25 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing certain Survivors come back for a third time *coughPennercough* -- but did the show have to pick the worst of the worst from every season? With the exception of Tom, there is not one person on that rumored list whom I'd want to see again. Not. One.

Hot Pink

Hot Pink

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 11:53 PM

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Jonathan even did preliminary interviews. He either wasn't asked or wasn't interested. People who were interviewed but apparently didn't make the final cut: Shane (Exile Island), Twila (Vanuatu) and Fairplay (Pearl Islands, Fans vs. Favorites). Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing winners but I'd want them to have their own tribe.

The threepeat thing doesn't bother me either, and I'm a huge sucker for seasons with returning players, but some of these choices puzzle me. Danielle? Half the male cast of Tocantins? Amanda for God's sake? Really?

Edited by Hot Pink, Aug 16, 2009 @ 11:54 PM.

Muwarr90

Muwarr90

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2009 @ 10:55 AM

What a terrifying group if the spoilers are correct.

Would Burnett really give both Stephanie and Amanda a third try after they made it to the finals on their second tries and lost? Is he just going to keep casting them again and again until they win? "Welcome to Survivor Season 138: Shady Rest Nursing Home. Back agian this season, America's Sweetheart Stephanie and Fan favorite Amanda, both back for their 17th appearances."

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Aug 17, 2009 @ 12:07 PM

Some on those list I'd question.

Boston Rob - Amber just gave birth. Would he really go away for more than a month with a newborn at home?

Jenna - Ethan has cancer. After what she went through with her mother, would she really leave Ethan home when he has cancer?

Some I'd just shoot myself:

Amanda - Oh god, please not again. Boring and weepy.

Parvati - First off, she's won already and her strategy is non-existent other than flirt.

James - Like Amanda, does he really bring anything to the table that we haven't already seen twice? And he wasn't all that interesting to begin with.

Rupert - Another I'd just hate to see muck up my TV screen yet again.

I'd really dislike seeing anyone whose already won a mill (including Rupert) play yet again (even if they could potentially be an easy boot). I'm not thrilled with the possibility of having two timers get a third bite, but some I wouldn't mind seeing again like Cirie and Stephanie (and I'd love to throw Eliza and JPenn into that mix). Still, I'd prefer to only have people that have had one prior shot and not 3 from a season WE JUST SAW.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 10:27 AM

Boston Rob - Amber just gave birth. Would he really go away for more than a month with a newborn at home?

It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but then I hate him, so I'm biased.

I also hope that cast list is mostly wrong, and count me in on not wanting any three-peats of anyone that didn't go out because of an injury (yes, I'm leaving the door open for Penner, because I love him.) I don't mind winners competing, either, but just like the first AS, they'll have to play extra hard if they want to stick around for any length of time.

The only thing I believe for sure is that we'll see Douche again.

liese

liese

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2009 @ 10:49 AM

Why no Yau Man? I adore him and always felt that he was robbed. Damn you Dreamz!! Plus I also really like Stephanie. She is probably one of the strongest girls ever.

What about Yul? Hot and intelligent!! Love, love, love Boston Rob, James and Rupert. Would be very happy if Sugar gets to come back. Still have issues with Cirie over her stabbing precious little Yau Man in the back during Micronesia. Thank god no Johnny Fairplay!! I detest him.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:55 AM

I think that Gervase should have been on the first All-Stars, I mean I did not start watching Survivor until Amazon and I knew who Gervase was (I did go out and by the first and second season on DVD).

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2009 @ 6:36 PM

We have ourselves a cast list -- the majority of these names are confirmed, the remainder seem to be pretty much agreed on on the site I found this, whether it's a popular decision or not.

(NOTE: The spoiler-barred name is a contestant from Samoa, who presumably must do pretty well in the game, and who is presumably The Biggest Villain Ever, as has been advertised. If you don't want to know who that is for whatever reason, do NOT highlight it.)

Heroes:
Tom (Palau)
Rupert (Pearl Islands/All-Stars)
J.T. (Tocantins)
James (China/Micronesia)
Colby (Australia/All-Stars)
Stephenie (Palau/Guatemala)
Sugar (Gabon)
Amanda (China/Micronesia)
Cirie (Exile Island/Micronesia)
Sandra (Pearl Islands)

Villains:
Coach (Tocantins)
Tyson (Tocantins)
Randy (Gabon)
Rob (Marquesas/All-Stars)
Russell H. (Samoa)
Candice (Cook Islands)
Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia)
Jerri (Australia/All-Stars)
Courtney (China)
Danielle (Exile Island)

This is probably going to be a trainwreck. Sugar's a hero? Danielle's a villain? All these people get third chances?!

Edited by raceguy120390, Sep 6, 2009 @ 6:37 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Sep 7, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

Ugh. Well, Mark Burnett said he planned Season 20 to be the last one. This cast guarantees that it will be (seriously; he went out of his way to pick the most vile, hated -- and, as far as the "Heroes" are concerned, overrated -- people out of all 19 previous seasons?) I don't know that I'll have the intestinal fortitude to stomach this one. Rob, Colby, and Tom are the only tolerable ones out of the whole bunch, and that's saying something!

Edited by legaleagle44, Sep 7, 2009 @ 11:39 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2009 @ 1:11 PM

I probably won't be poking in here too often, but I couldn't resist looking at the list. Personally, I would've gone with six good guys, six assholes, and six rather neutral people.

Three-peaters? And Bobby Jon ain't one of 'em? He lost on a fire-making challenge and by a hidden immunity idol. I hate the idea of third chances, but I figured our most insane Alabama boy should've made the cut.

Nice to see Sandra and Cirie back in the game, and I'm hoping Tom makes Rupert (the anti-Ian) his personal bitch. But the return of Amanda the Closer? And Parvarti? Shit, I'm thinking Tyson gets the win just because he was nothing more than a toady and therefore the most extraneous of the twenty listed, much like Amber and Parvarti.

Sugar's a hero? Danielle's a villain?

First of all, I don't know who Danielle is. Maybe she wins the whole shebang. Secondly, I'm used to this kind of crap. I've endured two seasons of Real World/Road Rules Challenge with a "good guys"/"bad asses" format, and there were a lot of questionable calls . . . especially Julie the insane Mormon as a "good guy" even though she was an immature bitch and had once urinated on another girl's bed.

ETA: Forget three-peaters . . . Mariano's going for his fifth shot at a million bucks. Personality defects aside, what the hell was Burnett thinking?

Edited by Lantern7, Sep 7, 2009 @ 1:13 PM.

Daydreamer101

Daydreamer101

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 7, 2009 @ 8:59 PM

JT, James and Colby - the list of male heroes reads like a list of Probst's man crushes. I'm surprised and relieved they didn't ask Ozzy back. Also if Sugar's back I hope she plays to win this time.

First of all, I don't know who Danielle is. Maybe she wins the whole shebang.

Danielle is the girl who lost to Aras in the Final 2 of Exile Island. She beat Cirie in the Final 4 tiebreaker. I'm not sure why they would consider her for All Stars she was the least memorable person in the Final 7 of that season.

ETA: I can't believe they asked back 4 favourites from Micronesia. IMO there really should be more seasons represented.

Edited by Daydreamer101, Sep 7, 2009 @ 10:32 PM.

fresiaa

fresiaa

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 8, 2009 @ 7:07 AM

I would very much enjoy seeing Cirie (awesome gameplay) and Randy (he grew on me) again, but if they're voted off I probably would stop watching.
Too many persons that would put me off: JT, Sugar (only plays the camera), Amanda, Parvati, Coach. I really couldn't bare to see them. I allready used the fast forward button frequently on them when they participated their first season.

I would have enjoyed seeing Eric (Micronesia) again. Would he have been more savvy second time around? That's the kind of feature I would seek in returning contestants: a change of gameplay or attitude.

Muwarr90

Muwarr90

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 10:05 AM

If that list is correct 9 of the players will be on their third Survivor appearance. Does Burrnett really believe any of them are interesting enought to make people want to watch them a third time? I mean really, is there anything more to learn about James? Amanda? Stephanie? That's without going into the biggest famewhore of them all, Boston Rob, he of 2 previous Survivors, 2 TAR, and one of the most mind numbingly stupid "candid" reality shows ever.

Nothing about that list makes me the slightest bit interested in watching. The previous "all star" seasons have all been pretty crappy, but this one will promises to be the crappiest yet. The main thing I've noticed from the previous "all star" seasons is that spending a few years as a minor reality show celebrity/famewhore does not make you any more interesting, and generally makes you less likable than you were the first time around.

Edited by Muwarr90, Sep 10, 2009 @ 8:48 AM.

Hanahope

Hanahope

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 3:17 PM

generally makes you less likable than you were the first time around

Definitely agree with this. Happened to both Rupert and Stephanie. In fact, it was my understanding that was why Tom (Palau) refused to participate in the last All Stars, he didn't want to risk the good impression he had made (at least with most people, I know some got real bad vibes from him after he guilt-rode Ian to take the fall for the F2). So kinda surprised he accepted this time.

Some, of course, were bland enough both times (hello James and Amanda). I did think Rob C came off slightly better in All Stars than he did in his original season, but only just barely, and considering how vile he was the first time around, its not saying much that he was "slightly better" the second time. Jerri is the only person who really appeared to have redeemed herself the second time around and frankly that's because I think she got a bad edit in S2. Given that she's been designated a "villian" in S20, it looks like TPTB will revert to their S2 editing.

I agree overall that having people back a third time is pretty boring, as well as having so many back from one season (which was a complaint I had back on AS1 with all the S2 people). There's so many seasons and people to choose from, couldn't they have brought back more interesting and diverse people? Heck, I'd've much rather seen Todd or Jean-Robert than James or Amanda yet again.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2009 @ 11:43 PM

This is the most annoying cast ever, however the teams do appear fairly balanced. I don't like the fact that some of these folks are getting third chances (especially Parvati, who already won on her 2nd, and Rob M, who essentially did too). And to call half of these guys heroes when they've been as vindictive as the villains?

Who do I think deserves a second chance rather than some of these boneheads getting a third? Well, Ian. Maybe someone from Guatemala (Gary, Rafe, perhaps Brian). Fiji's Michelle. Peih-Gee. Erik the Fan. Taj. Even Bobby Jon can get a third. (I left out Yul, Earl, and Bob, who are much better "heroes" than most of the confirmed, mostly because I figured there was no way they were coming back).

I really like Amanda, even if she's bland. I wish she weren't on the list only so that the producers can fly her over to the final Tribal Council and have her get second again.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2009 @ 4:07 AM

What bugs me the most about this pathetic cast isn't the third-chance thing, necessarily, it's the related fact that none of the Micronesia fans are playing, or any of the sixteen Guatemala non-repeat-offenders. Sure, they probably went against Probst's "the cast can't be entirely mactor recruits!" edict, but still.

Edited by raceguy120390, Sep 10, 2009 @ 4:08 AM.

Snim Xis

Snim Xis

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2009 @ 12:17 PM

Where the hell is Penner? Of everybody who's ever been on Survivor, he's the only one I can think of who deserves a third chance.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 6:16 PM

The question I must answer before I decide whether I will watch this: Does my love for Tom, Sandra, and even Colby run deep enough to make me willing to put up with Rob M. for yet another season?

Ugh. I just don't know. The only thing that might make it worthwhile is if Douche drives him completely insane, and we get to watch the downward spiral as it happens.

Also, I could honestly do without another season of Cirie. I know this is a minority opinion, but I find her to be just a little too smug and self-satisfied. (Of course, I also don't hate Rupert, so I'm just full of minority opinions today!)

Edited by Nutjob, Sep 16, 2009 @ 6:18 PM.

Miss Mia

Miss Mia

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2009 @ 8:43 PM

Oh boy!!! This is going to be so worth watching, just to see Rob M. make mincemeat of Douche.

LOL! I cannot wait. Rob is going to just shred that lunatic. I loathe Rupert with the fire of a 1000 suns, but I'll put up with him just to see Rob massacre Douche. One thing about Rob - he never took himself or the game too seriously. When Coach starts all the dragon shit, Rob is going to be laughing out loud. Oh my, this is going to be good.

Love Stephanie and Sugar, but the rest don't do a whole lot for me. Cirie drives me nuts.

Edited by Miss Mia, Sep 16, 2009 @ 8:45 PM.

Zackster

Zackster

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 5:23 PM

WHY WHY WHY put Douche and Tyson together again? They will make their creepy little alliance again. I hope they are forced to be on different tribes. Yeah, Miss Mia, you and I both hope that Boston Rob will take down Douche. Please please please.

And I'm so sick and tired of Amanda and Parvati. Enough already. And really, Jenna. She left Ethan fighting cancer to go film Survivor just like she left her mother fighting cancer? When that didn't turn out so well for her last time. Obviously he didn't die while she was gone, but I read a few days ago that his cancer has returned. That's a bummer.

Eponah

Eponah

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2009 @ 8:35 PM

The combo of very recent players plus the third time's [not] a charm for others would lead me to think that S20 will have the lowest viewership. But then, apparently a lot of America seems to like these fame whores, so maybe I'm wrong. I know for me, while I'll probably watch it because I love the show, I already believe that this will rank at or near the bottom of the seasons (it will be a race to the bottom with Fans v. Favorites, which currently holds the bottom rung).

Iskandar

Iskandar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2009 @ 3:06 AM

Who do I think deserves a second chance rather than some of these boneheads getting a third? Well, Ian. Maybe someone from Guatemala (Gary, Rafe, perhaps Brian). Fiji's Michelle. Peih-Gee. Erik the Fan. Taj. Even Bobby Jon can get a third. (I left out Yul, Earl, and Bob, who are much better "heroes" than most of the confirmed, mostly because I figured there was no way they were coming back).

So true! I would love to see Michelle, Taj, Peih-Gee, Erik, Crystal, Sierra, someone from Guatemala maybe...

James and amanda are two of the most boring person alive.

I love Cirie and Stephenie... i could watch them over and over again.

We also have to realize sometimes the Stars refuse to sign on again not that the producers dont want them.

Edited by Iskandar, Sep 18, 2009 @ 3:11 AM.

NoirDetective

NoirDetective

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2009 @ 10:14 AM

This cast is horrible. If I haven't grown to hate the third timers, I disliked the second timers on their first spin.

At least Sugar goes first. I hate her because she explicitly is only there for the camera-whoring to promote her fledgling acting career. Find another way or play the game, sweetie.

Parvati is definitely the biggest head scratcher to have back IMO. I liked her return and thought she controlled FvF pretty well, but there was no one else? No Ozzy? What could Kelly Wigglesworth be up to these days? And I get Amanda since she's never been voted out, but she's notoriously dull episode to episode. Tom, Tyson, Coach, Stephenie, Rupert, Cirie...please go away forever after this.

Sandra should be a villain. Danielle doesn't fit into either category and shouldn't be here at all.

I think they should just continue doing FvF so there are some new and some old people.

ETA: Peih-Gee! Totally! And really? We couldn't swap Taj for Cirie. I didn't like either of them but they're essentially the same.

Edited by NoirDetective, Sep 18, 2009 @ 10:21 AM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Sep 18, 2009 @ 5:41 PM

I can't decide which is more pathetic, the fact that some of these morons are back (for a 3rd time!) to compete or that I'm actually contemplating watching it. Even worse, I'm perversely happy to see Rob on the Villains list. *sigh*

But honestly, Amanda?? So dull. So very dull.

Tom? So obnoxious. I was one of the few who loathed him by the end. Ugh.

Douche, Tyson and Randy. Oh brother--a triad of asshats. Oh joy.

The one person I'd actually like to see return (Yul) probably has more sense than to go through this charade again. Pity.

Ninja Bunny

Ninja Bunny

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2009 @ 8:27 PM

I'm so glad to see the terribly underrated Sandra. She used the strategy of "what do I need to do to last one more day," which is exactly what one needs to do to live through a catastrophic survival situation (marooned on a raft at sea, plane crashed in the mountains/jungle, etc.) and she did a great job applying it to this game.

Not happy with Rob, Tyson, Rupert, Cirie, Randy, Jerri or Pavarti. I've had enough of them.

No Jonathan Penner - *SOB!*

Edited by Ninja Bunny, Sep 27, 2009 @ 5:31 PM.

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2009 @ 2:44 PM

Why is Guatemala just completely forgotten about? I would love to see some of them come back - that was actually one of my favorite seasons.