Hoarders (A&E): I Had Plans for That Rock!

• Please log in to reply

16966 replies to this topic

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I sure miss this show. Sometimes I'm not sure why...

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

I found a video clip from the first season premiere. It doesn't look like anything we haven't seen a zillion times before, but I like the way the hoarder is confronted by her family members. Really hoping we get an update episode this season. I'd love to see if there are any success stories from the last couple of seasons.

redogue

redogue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 7:16 AM

Matt posted on Facebook that Hoarders has been delayed until October. I checked my DVR and the shows are no longer on there for August.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

I wonder why the delay? Suckage! At least there are Matt's podcasts. I have been working my way back through old episodes of 5 Decisions Away while I do cardio & they are quite good. Raunchy at times but good.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

I also endorse the podcasts -- motivational, somewhat raunchy, occasionally heartwarming, usually thought provoking.

This season Matt and Cory spend the night in the hoarded homes. I don't know about Cory, but it really seems to have done a number on Matt, emotionally/spiritually. They doubled the amount of time they spend at each hoard, and that plus spending the night will add a new dimension. Apparently it's one thing to face even the nastiest hoards in broad daylight with a couple dozen people around you, and quite another to try to find a place to sleep where you have a prayer of making it out the door in case of fire.

I don't believe the shrinks spend the night, though I adore the thought of Dr. Chabot in pajamas climbing into a little nest to sleep.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

Why spend the night in the hoard? Ewww. I can imagine what kind of sounds you'd hear - roaches and vermin scratching around, never knowing if something was headed your way. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

jerseydevil

jerseydevil

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

I hope their tetanus shots are up-to-date!

Tolteca

Tolteca

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

But, Bedbugs.

Rats licking eyeballs.

Roaches.

Shudders.

GreenMomma

GreenMomma

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

In another lifetime, I used to have to go camping and sleep in a "camp house". I would lay awake all night and listen to the mice run through the walls. It lasted a weekend. How anyone could live like that every day of their life is beyond me. And October?? Really?? I'm in withdrawals.

2manyfish

2manyfish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

Yeup it's been pushed back to Oct. 16th if I recall correctly. And I cannot imagine why anybody would want to spend the night in a shithole. Hope that Matt is getting combat pay for that!!!

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

But, Bedbugs.

Rats licking eyeballs.

Roaches.

Shudders.

Mold spores settling in your lungs.

Pumpkin seeds sprouting under your waistband.

Possums giving birth in your hair.

Doll collections beginning to stir.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

Homeless people camping out in your yard.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

Having to tape up body orifices to keep the roaches out (Matt's podcasts are very ... informative).

Edited by neptune42, Aug 9, 2012 @ 4:14 PM.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

Waking up at night to go to the bathroom & realizing there are no empty soda bottles.

LateJuliet

LateJuliet

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Reanimated sailcats.

Midnight snacks of puffy yogurt and black "fruit". (That was the only time I nearly saw Matt lose it.)

Edited by LateJuliet, Aug 10, 2012 @ 7:51 AM.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Having to tape up body orifices to keep the roaches out (Matt's podcasts are very ... informative).

He and Vula are now very close and he adores her! That grosses me out more than the roach thing.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

In case anyone else was looking forward to tonight's season premiere, put that aside; A&E (for whatever reason) has pushed it back to October. Matt Paxton mentioned it on Twitter yesterday.

Bean9879

Bean9879

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Really disappointed about the delay--but there is going to be a re-run on this week.

I watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix, but I haven't seen seasons 4 or 5. I'm hoping they show more re-runs of the past few seasons while we wait for October.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

Two hoarders die in a fire. The firefighters were hampered by the clutter, which also fuelled the fire.

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 12:43 AM

I was just checking the upcoming shows on my TiVo and noticed that it will be recording an episode of "Hoarders" on Sept. 10. Just checked the A&E web site, and it does indeed list Sept. 10 as the date of the season premiere. Yay!

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Yay! I thought we were going to have to wait until October.

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

And mother of the year award goes to....and yes Debra you are selfish. . Very very selfish. If I was your husband I'd run. Run like the wind and take your boys...yes boys (sorry to disappoint but you had boys) and go as far away as I possibly could.

MrsClaus

MrsClaus

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

I kept getting distracted by Debra's hair, but she definitely is selfish. Her family should run.....run far away.

drpakkai

drpakkai

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Debra, you never wanted boys...yes you are a selfish bitch. Where was your one daughter? You probably didn't want any kids, or surprises. What a piece of work.

Sazzat

Sazzat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

Selfish??? But all that stuff was for them! All the women's clothes and the pink bathroom...it was all because she gives so much...

What was with the wig?

phoenix780

phoenix780

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

As Dr. Zasio whispered gently, "Let me do my job," it hit me that the Patty segments felt like some of the fakest scenes I've ever seen on reality television, and I watch a lot of crap. The whole segment with Matt trying to spend the night- I fast-forwarded.

I'm fascinated to know why the husband Cody was getting faulted for not being gracious and nice as someone hoarded him out of his home.

With the other crew, I like Dr. Green, but I kept waiting for her to ask why they wanted to stay married. If ever there were two people who should get divorced...just insanity in that household on both sides, in my opinion.

Rubinia

Rubinia

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

I've always guiltily enjoyed the exploitative aspects of this Hoarders show (as opposed to the more documentary-like Hoarding: Buried Alive), but the bit with Matt spending the night amid piles of dog poop really seemed like a shark jump to me. Isn't there enough drama and humiliation when the hoarders are forced to clean their houses in only 2 days without all this fake emotion and overly coddling the hoarders, etc.? That said, I haaaaaated that bitch Debra. Disappointed? Because your ugly wallpaper is gone? How about the disappointment of your 4 sons and husband for having to live in your piles of garbage for so many years?!

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Two questions for people who pay attention to these sort of things:

1. How many times did the word "selfish" get used in the Debra segment?

2. How long did Matt last in Patty's house? I know it wasn't a whole night, did he last a couple hours. Wimp! Not that i'd do any better but still! Wimp!

I'm fascinated to know why the husband Cody was getting faulted for not being gracious and nice as someone hoarded him out of his home.

That's just rude, isn't it?, not letting your mother-in-law hoard you out of your own house. Rude! I tell you.

Edited by Nightmare Logic, Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:09 PM.

loudfan

loudfan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

I had to find some amusement in this super-depressing ep. I enjoyed Patty's son's T-shirts, one of which read I'm Not Fat, I'm Fluffy, and the other, The Fat and the Furious. Hee! I do hope Cody & Sean work things out.

Debra seemed dead behind the eyes and sometimes she almost sounded tranquilized. I wouldn't be surprised if she's diagnosed with severe depression. Not that it excuses her horrible bitchiness.

Spooneroonie

Spooneroonie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

And yet another hoarder who works in healthcare. Couldn't that interfere with her employment? Especially if her house was as awful as this?

Edit: The link indicates the house in question was filmed for the TLC show (my mistake, sorry!) but couldn't the same thing apply with any hoarder on any show?

Edited by Spooneroonie, Sep 10, 2012 @ 10:56 PM.