ACTOR Misha Collins

• Please log in to reply

1383 replies to this topic

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Oh I'm so mad at myself. Thanks hat, I don't know how I could have forgotten Samantha like that. >_<

And yes, I completely agree. I especially admire Mr. Beaver. Not the first time he's been so quick and willing to jump to the defense. :)

Diva Las Vegas

Diva Las Vegas

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 4:24 AM

The nice part of the whole thing (because there actually was one) wasn't just the response from the Cas/Misha fans but the way in which every part of the fandom joined in to show their overwhelming support. Even the gas station shot that Misha posted (seriously, dude, no photoshop skills at all?) came second to that.

Sometimes you have to love SPN fandom. :)

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Wow. Well, I guess this is the signal for me to once again avoid reading anything related to the Supernatural fandom for a very long time. It seems that I find out some weird shit everytime I get brave enough to read even these boards again. The finale excited me enough that I kind of wanted to see what other fans thought. That led to me this week finding out how deep the so-called Wincest stuff goes(Jared and Jensen together IRL, wtf?), and now going after an actor vs just disliking the character? Okay, then...

Edited by Rina99, Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:55 PM.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

Are these the same nutjobs who tried to get someone to intentionally spill stuff on Misha at the Nashville con last year?

I get not liking a character (ask me if I'm sorry we haven't seen Chuck in a couple of years!), but extending that to campaigning to get the actor who plays it fired is just beyond the pale.

Vaya

Vaya

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 6:50 AM

Holy Tax Accountant!

And really, they couldn't find him a better fitting suit.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 7:42 AM

He looks so innocent there. Ha!

bilski

bilski

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 1:06 AM

More than all the things that I could just second in this thread. Is the the origin of Misha Collins becoming Castiel. The story of the vessel Castiel was soon to take over, with his wife and daughter, I just thought it was a beautiful episode, of doubt and faith and protecting two women you love, etc... just wanted to say Misha is great and all that duhh, but the story of his vessel and then Cas coming into being was just amazing for me.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

Susan Gittins ‏@susangittins
#Supernatural RT @cadlymack Misha Collins will be in a minimum of 8 episodes of "Supernatural" this season, with an option for more.

So, at least 8, but it sounds like they're leaving it open-ended depending on how his arc progresses.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

I hope it's more than 8 at the end, but I'm glad we're at least getting more of Cas than we did in season 7.

Xiaomei

Xiaomei

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 4:48 AM

Given Misha Collins' talent, range and reach in social media and charity, it would be a pity not to have him around more as a member of the SPN family.

Edited by Xiaomei, Jul 31, 2012 @ 4:48 AM.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Mild spoilers, nothing really new, but still an excellent Misha interview: http://www.huffingto..._n_1726114.html

Vaya

Vaya

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

"Do you hate Sera Gamble?"

Seriously Mr. Reporter (not the huff post one)? You really think he's going to say "I hate the bitch"?

And good on him for basically answering that he wouldn't answer yes even if he did.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

"Do you hate Sera Gamble?"

Seriously Mr. Reporter (not the huff post one)? You really think he's going to say "I hate the bitch"?

And good on him for basically answering that he wouldn't answer yes even if he did.

I found myself aghast at the absurdity of the question and very much appreciated the way Misha handled it.
Indeed, what is one supposed to say in a situation like that, and how could any decent interviewer be stupid enough to even broach such a question in public?

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

I hope it's more than 8 at the end, but I'm glad we're at least getting more of Cas than we did in season 7.

Misha was at the New Jersey Con today and shared a panel with Jared. He said that he was going to be in more episodes in Season 8 than he expected to be. Not sure what that means - but Misha must be happy at that! Also, Misha's physical appearance at the con today was itself a mild spoiler for his initial episodes as Castiel. ;)
https://twitter.com/...0/photo/1/large

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

Meso if you mean the fuzz, I'm not sure it's a spoiler, because, why would Cas grow a beard in purgatory when he never shaved on earth?

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

Misha apparently indicated that he was growing that *because* he's going to be filming Supernatural soon, so it seems like he's growing it that way on purpose and not going to shave before filming. This is an indication that purgatory might be messing with Castiel's angel mojo not unlike Eve did.

Which begs the question, if Castiel has scruff, why not Dean? Are they going to have Jensen wear a fake beard?

Edited by Tralah, Aug 6, 2012 @ 8:44 AM.

femalecobbler

femalecobbler

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

It will be interesting to see how purgagory affects both characters. It seems Cas may have some of his mojo, but apparently his human side is also being affected by purgatory. So how is Dean affected?

Granted Jensen had to shave because he's back on earth, but does he have a beard when he first gets out? Jensen has such a lovely and unique color to his beard, I'm not sure a fake one would do him justice.

It sure will be interesting to see what's going on with these two. The purgatory story is the only thing that's keeping me interested in coming back.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

Which begs the question, if Castiel has scruff, why not Dean? Are they going to have Jensen wear a fake beard?

Doubtless Dean will find a perfect flake of obsidian that will allow him to retain his full tonsorial splendor whilst Castiel will be anxious to experience Jimmy's vessel in it's more natural state. The real question is, where will either of them obtain hair gel?

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

The real question is, where will either of them obtain hair gel?

They'll just use the blood of their fallen enemies.

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

The real question is, where will either of them obtain hair gel?

They'll just use the blood of their fallen enemies.

Or they could go the There's Something About Mary route. They'll have a lot of free time to fill since there's no mall in Purgatory.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

It's Misha's birthday today! He's 38 years old. I think he's one of those people, like Jensen, who gets even finer with age.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

Happy Birthday to Misha! :D

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Happy Birthday, Misha!

The world is certainly a more fun place with you in it!

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

I saw this one tumblr and it cracked me up:

38 years ago, on this exact date, God said...

Let there be Misha.

And I saw this on Twitter which made me laugh:

August 20, 1974, God created Himself

I hope Misha is having a great birthday. :)

Edit: I love that Stan Lee wished Misha a happy birthday via Twitter too. Now excuse me while I fantasize about Misha being in a Marvel movie in a nice, tight superhero costume. :D

Edited by Tralah, Aug 21, 2012 @ 8:45 AM.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

A friend of mine who attended Misha's Meet & Greet at VanCon said that Misha told them he and his wife had to move a bunch of things up to Vancouver since they'll be here for awhile as he shoots on Supernatural. Misha wouldn't tell them any spoilers of course, but he did say he now knows whether or not Castiel makes it out of purgatory, and he also said he likes the direction they're writing Castiel in, and he would have chosen to write Castiel in that same direction. He also confirmed again that he grew the facial hair for shooting purposes, so if Castiel has facial hair like he did in "The End", I bet purgatory drains or represses his powers.

Edited by Tralah, Aug 26, 2012 @ 5:05 PM.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

Indeed, what is one supposed to say in a situation like that, and how could any decent interviewer be stupid enough to even broach such a question in public?

I know you can't expect Edward R. Murrow in entertainment reporting, but between that question and the hostess of that Teen Wolf interview show confusing actors with their characters and asking if they got turned on watching their co-workers' romantic scenes, I despair of the state of journalistic standards in the medium. Are these professional reporters or middle school kids gossiping in the lunchroom?

Edited by Bruinsfan, Aug 28, 2012 @ 12:03 PM.

kara714

kara714

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

Happy very belated birthday Mr. Collins.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

I loved this recent photo of Misha from the EW photoshoot: http://mfluder42.tum...-the-set-photos

shamangrrl

shamangrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

Misha won for Best Special Guest/Television in the Portal Awards:

http://airlockalpha....tal-awards.html

Congrats, Misha!

phidra

phidra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Kudos to Misha! Jensen and Misha truly deserve these awards, especially in the past 2 1/2 seasons when they were both handed crap to play. I hope this shows that the fans can see beyond the crappy writing and episodes and appreciate what both Jensen and Misha do to keep their characters so intriguing.

Edited by phidra, Sep 17, 2012 @ 5:32 PM.