ACTOR Misha Collins

• Please log in to reply

1383 replies to this topic

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

He really did a great job in Ringer. I had watched all the episodes up to his, and none of them had come close to making me tear up or have a strong emotional impact as Misha's episode did due to his wonderful performance. If Carver doesn't make Misha a regular again for season 8 and use Castiel better, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

"Misha Collins Is Our Angel" trended on twitter Tuesday. :) "Jensen Ackles Is Our Hero" trended on Sunday (or Saturday?) and "Jared Padalecki Is Our Hero" trended on Monday as well. Team Free Will for the win!

https://p.twimg.com/...qPwCIAE0P2S.jpg

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2012 @ 5:36 AM.

caro51980

caro51980

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

This video put a smile on my face.

At the Rome con this weekend, a Super!Fan found Misha's resume from 15 years ago. As a result, Misha and Jensen spent some time discussing Misha's "special skills." Also, we learn what we all suspected, Misha was an awesome high school boyfriend.

Misha and His Special Skills

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Thanks for that, caro51980. I enjoyed that panel very much: it's nice to get something refreshing after the same old stories endlessly repeated in other panels. I hope these Jensen-Misha panels become a permanent fixture at other Cons too I don't think I've ever seen Jensen as undone as that!

Raynell

Raynell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:19 AM

I just checked the vid out and OMC! That was awesome and hilarious. Wish I was there. I so want Misha to do Tibetan throat-singing in an episode some day. :D

housekeeper

housekeeper

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

If Carver doesn't make Misha a regular again for season 8 and use Castiel better, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

I'm the opposite since if they do that I'll stop watching again as I did before .. I think Misha is way too overrated and Castiel ruins any episode and when he is on I'll turn off the show and do other things.

saltrounds

saltrounds

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

If Carver doesn't make Misha a regular again for season 8 and use Castiel better, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Add me to the list of all those hoping for this. It's the one thing that will get me watching again. I can't believe I've only watched three episodes of this season after loving the show so much up as far as some episodes of S6. Looking forward to tomorrow's ep and the finale. :-)

I hope these Jensen-Misha panels become a permanent fixture at other Cons too I don't think I've ever seen Jensen as undone as that!

I would even consider paying to attend one of the U.S cons if there was a Jensen-Misha panel. It made such a nice change from the usual stories repeated yet again in the other panels.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

Yep, I haven't watched very many episodes in this season. I've missed Castiel so much. I'm hoping we'll see a lot more of him in season 8. ~crosses fingers~ This show needs other interesting characters to keep it from being boring and repetitive, and Castiel has a rich dynamic with Sam and Dean that hasn't been fully explored yet and there's still a lot of story potential for him.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

when he is on I'll turn off the show and do other things.

It seems like huge numbers of live viewers have turned off and done other things without him being on.

This show needs other interesting characters to keep it from being boring and repetitive, and Castiel has a rich dynamic with Sam and Dean that hasn't been fully explored yet and there's still a lot of story potential for him.

Absolutely. And I'd rather it be a character I love than some nobody guest star like DJ whoever he is...

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

It seems like huge numbers of live viewers have turned off and done other things without him being on.

While I really enjoy Misha and his character, Cas, especially his relationship with Dean, I really can't agree with this. Yes, a few viewers have turned off, but I think a large amount of viewers turned off because of a lack of good storylines as well as a lack of creative writing.

I think the ratings are pretty much the same with or without Misha, but I do feel that the show does lack quality as well as creativity, not to mention a storyline that doesn't involve total obsession with Sam.

I feel if the showrunner delved into other characters, kept great characters like Ellen and Rufus, kept great stories like were shown in season 1 and 2, and kept away from focusing on just one character, who really isn't the most popular one, the ratings may still be up there. I don't think that Cas, while being popular, really is the big ratings draw. Some yes, but certainly not the loss that has been shown since the end of season 5.

Edited by hat, May 3, 2012 @ 3:21 PM.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

Yes, a few viewers have turned off, but I think a large amount of viewers turned off because of a lack of good storylines as well as a lack of creative writing.

Oh, I agree totally he is just one factor in the great turn-off. I know I'm also hoping for a much more coherent storyline in which Dean actually gets something proactive to do that doesn't get retconned or regifted elsewhere halfway through the season.

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Well, the official announcement of Season 8 was made today.

I tend to agree. I switched off around the beginning of the second episode of season 7, and fortunately found a brand new show to get hooked onto and enjoy (Grimm), in addition to Fringe. I am sure I am not alone. For Season 8 to get back to interesting TV viewing and get over the bad vibes of the last two seasons, (and bring back former regular viewers who are no longer satisfied by a tired old Sam and sidekick Dean show), I need good stories, and Castiel/Misha and other interesting characters. My reason is simple: I enjoyed Seasons 4 and most of 5 a lot - the most out of any time-period in SPN. Seasons 4 and 5 had Uriel, Alastair, Zachariah, Crowley, Rufus, introduced Death. Also, for me, it's impossible to go back to Seasons 1-3 with just the two Winchester brothers, augmented with silly stunt casting for an episode or two. So, Cas/Misha would help matters tremendously, especially if he was written as in Season 4 and early Season 5. As also would imaginatively bringing back some unfortunately and stupidly killed-off characters like Gabriel, Rufus, Ellen.

I would even consider paying to attend one of the U.S cons if there was a Jensen-Misha panel. It made such a nice change from the usual stories repeated yet again in the other panels.

I would too. These days the usual American cons sound dreadfully boring and quite formulaic. A JIBCon style event with tons of the cast all interacting, and with a Jensen/Misha panel as a highlight, would be wonderful. Alas, that can only happen with fan-run cons like JIBCon, I believe.

Edited by Meso, May 3, 2012 @ 4:07 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I know I'm also hoping for a much more coherent storyline in which Dean actually gets something proactive to do that doesn't get retconned or regifted elsewhere halfway through the season.

If only. That would be great, but I will wait and see before doing any happy dances for season 8.

Seasons 4 and 5 had Uriel, Alastair, Zachariah, Crowley, Rufus, introduced Death.

Now these were great characters and Uriel, Alastair and Zach are sorely missed.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

Yeah none of the leviathans remotely compare to Uriel, Alastair, Zachariah, YED, or even Lilith when it came to bad guys. Heck, I'd take Ruby as a bad guy over the leviathans who are just ridiculous. I read a report from someone who attended Misha's Meet & Greet at JiB. He apparently sounded pretty confident he'd be in season 8, and someone asked him if he'd be in it as much as he was in seasons 4 and 5, and he said yes. *IF* that report is true, then with Gamble gone and Carver in control, I'll actually have some real hope that MAYBE, just maybe, season 8 could come close to recapturing some of magic that made me fall in love with this show when I got around to watching season 4 on DVD. We'll just have to see. ~crosses fingers again and knocks on wood~

Here's where I read the report by the way: http://erickajane.li....com/51573.html

Of course I'm NOT getting my hopes up AT ALL until we hear something official.

Edited by Tralah, May 3, 2012 @ 5:21 PM.

Meso

Meso

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

Misha interview by Huffington Post.

He talks about his role as Cas in the rest of Season 7 (slight spoilers), possibilities of being in Season 8, other acting-related projects and his charity, Random Acts.

femalecobbler

femalecobbler

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:34 PM

possibilities of being in Season 8

The possibility seems to be a strong one. It will be great to have Cas back on the show and bring some life to the dreary blob the show has turned into since the middle of season 5. I hope the Dean and Cas bond will become strong again once the conflict between Dean and Cas is resolved. With both of these great characters and very competent actors, I can see great drama if written well.

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Oh man you guys, I shouldn't have come to this thread. Now my hopes are all raised. And we probably won't even know anything until summer's over. :P

But definitely throw me on the "We <3 Cas" bandwagon. It's such a drastic change, Castiel seems to be perpetually transforming, and Misha pulls it off spectacularly.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2012 @ 5:34 AM.
Boards on boards

Dynaformer

Dynaformer

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

But definitely throw me on the "We <3 Cas" bandwagon.

I'm on it, too. Misha was wonderful, yet again, with his characterization of this tweaked Cas.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, May 5, 2012 @ 5:29 AM.
Boards on boards

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

Misha was amazing in this episode! The way he played new version of Castiel was captivating. That said, I don't think I want to see him like this forever. I'd rather he get better and eventually be closer to his old self, but not entirely. I wouldn't mind if keeps some aspects of his new way of looking at things, but I don't want him to be completely off his rocker like this forever.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 5:28 AM

People are allowed to voice unfavorable opinions of Misha Collins in this thread. Or in any other thread. TWoP is not a fan site. I've deleted some posts. If you have questions, please PM me.

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

USA Today interview and video talking about Misha's charity work with The Random Act. :)
http://www.usatoday....tter/54943798/1

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

It is all over Tumblr that he has just been reinstated to the cast page on The CW website. I hope that's a good sign. :)

http://www.cwtv.com/...t/misha-collins

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

Yep, I noticed when I checked back in October he was removed, so it was just Jared and Jensen. Now he's back!

I also noticed in the USA Today interview he was referred to as "a co-star of Supernatural." I hope that's another good sign. :) His absence his season has been sorely missed by many of us (though not everyone of course).

Edited by Tralah, May 14, 2012 @ 3:37 PM.

Diva Las Vegas

Diva Las Vegas

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:28 AM

Many thanks, Observe - I don't do Tumblr so the news would've passed me by. I'm assuming this means more than a tiny handful of episodes for him next year, which will colour story speculation for S8. Congrats to him and the fans. :)

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

Yes thank you Observe, I missed that too! That makes me happier than it logically should hehe.
Misha also did another CW Connect last week, is doing the CW/Bing promotion, and finale preview. :D

saltrounds

saltrounds

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

I'm assuming this means more than a tiny handful of episodes for him next year, which will colour story speculation for S8.

This publicity is raising my optimism for the first time since 6.22. I hope it comes to something Team Free Will reunited in S8, and some good Dean-Castiel interaction (translation: eyesex) would be all it takes to get me watching the show again.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

Kudos to Misha for last night's finale: he really sold Cas's dissociation from what he has done, and it was nice to see him (maybe?) switch back into the old Cas right at the end. This show has suffered so badly without his presence, imo. I hope the new showrunner is seriously considering reinstating him to regular status the TFW vibe of last night's episode reminded me of Mommie Dearest, imo one of the few bright moments of S6. I would like nothing more than a Purgatory adventure for Dean and Cas across several episodes.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

I agree. The way season 7 ended, it seems like we'll certainly see a lot more of Castiel as he and Dean will have to work together to survive purgatory. Hopefully this will also help them repair their friendship as well. I also really hope Misha will be reinstated as a regular member of the cast too. I think it was a huge mistake to get rid of him in the first place. In my opinion Misha brings something special to the show, and his chemistry with both Jared and Jensen (but especially Jensen) is amazing.

RestlessThought

RestlessThought

Channel Surfer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

So much drama on Tumblr and Twitter.

First there was this bit of trolling about trying to get Misha Collins fired and start an I Hate Misha Collins Day on the 31st.
http://assstiel.tumb...99/signal-boost

Which caused a counter campaign to trend #WeLoveMishaCollins on twitter and spread love through Tumblr.

It included tweets by Jim Beaver, Richard Speight Jr., Misha Collins and Samantha Smith, Matt Cohen and also this article, 'Spiteful ‘Supernatural’ fans try to get Misha Collins fired, fail epically'.

That's the main bits from today.

Edited by RestlessThought, May 31, 2012 @ 7:56 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I heard about that. Even Samantha Smith defended Misha. It's pretty sad when some fans trying to bully the PTBs into firing one of the best characters SPN has had just because they feel threatened by his presence. Kudos to the fans and the stars that stood by Misha and kudos to Misha who uses his humor to deal with such nastiness.