ACTOR Misha Collins

• Please log in to reply

1383 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 5:49 AM

By popular demand (and necessity) here's a separate thread for the lovely and talented Mr. Collins.

spacemonkey69

spacemonkey69

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 7:12 AM

Yay!

I'm going to make the first comment and say something shallow:

Misha is pretty and adorable.

claire30

claire30

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 8:58 AM

Yay! Misha has his very own thread!

spacemonkey69, I second the shallow. And I love that he is such a complete freak and that he is also awesomely intelligent.

I saw in the Castiel thread that the poor boy hurt his arm in a bike accident last week and was actually in the hospital for a bit. He still showed for the Comic Con panel though-what a trooper! Love him.

Oh and, to the people who are responding to Misha's Twitter account to link him to slash fanfic, STOP. IT. NOW.

Edited by claire30, Jul 27, 2009 @ 9:15 AM.

TessaSD

TessaSD

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 9:07 AM

Thank you Mod!

This is awesome , Misha has his own thread now!

I hope Misha is well , he looks tired at the Comic Con...poor Misha's arm .

Kuranda

Kuranda

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 9:48 AM

All of these Comic Con videos are killing me! I try not to get (too) spoiled but they are way too awesome not to watch. I think I need to reexamine my own hobbies though (I'm a bit of an adreniline junkie) as I could tell right away and before seeing the article that Misha was injured. That stiff/sore look...God I have been there a few times! What a trooper for showing up!

A few fave moments (no spoilers):
- Misha's victorious fist pump in reaction to Kripke giving a headline spoiler to Season 3.

- refering to Bobby and Cas as having a romantic arc, then rubbing Jim Beaver's shoulder. Jim's response is hilarious ( on or off camera?)

- Fan: I love you Misha!! Misha: Thank you. I don't know who you are. Fan: *yells something else* Misha: Then I love you too.
(Kripke's face during this is great)

claire30

claire30

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

Kuranda, did you also see/hear where someone in the audience asked Misha about ponies, and he acted all coy, like he didn't know what they were talking about. God, he totally rocked that panel, injury and all.

And it was totally great to see him and Jim Beaver together. They had a weird kind of chemistry going too.

Edited by claire30, Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:42 AM.

Kuranda

Kuranda

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 11:26 AM

Claire30 I just caught the pony reference! His oh so innocent "what?" in response made me lol! Also great was Sera's "innocent" I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about, to the moderator's crack about the epic love that is Dean and Cas!!

Jim and Misha were strangely awesome!!! I wouldn't have called it before but there rapport was fantastic! Jim's "don't get him started"...too cute!

Almost forgot Kripkie referring to "...lovable, lovable Misha" and Misha's aww shucks reaction!!

I really need to get some work done.

madcap

madcap

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 12:02 PM

Thanks for the shiny new thread Tennison.

What's this about an injury? Details please?

elvisglasses

elvisglasses

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 12:35 PM

*throws Grand Opening confetti - woohoo!*

I don't know if I have anything important to add to this shiny new thread, but I wanted to say thanks to the awesome mods for it! I'm sure it'll be filled up with deep thinky thoughts soon enough.

Also, Comic Con panel? Totally worth spoiling myself to watch on the live feed. I worried I was just being a little stalkery by thinking Misha looked tired. He was a great sport though -- especially his vision of lovelorn Cas peering in through Bobby's bedroom window longingly. Too cute.

Zatnikatel

Zatnikatel

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 1:02 PM

Go Misha. His tweets are about the only thing keeping me sane in the hiatus.

kates1125

kates1125

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 1:13 PM

Yay Misha!! I am not sure how I feel about Cas but damn am I glad that we got Misha.

I am so jealous of all of you who got to either go to the con or watched the vids. I am such a spoiler-phobe, I just can't do it. (I just realized this weekend that I can finally watch the vids from last year's. Hee.)

claire30

claire30

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 2:00 PM

What's this about an injury? Details please?

madcap, I've pulled this over from the Castiel thread:

Poor Misha. According to this write-up he was in the hospital this past week due to a bicycle accident. (Note, spoilers in the article). It was cool that he still made it to Comic Con. Hope the Supernatural crew got a great reception even without Jared and Jensen there.

For those that don't want to read the article:

Misha Collins was looking pretty sore. He was in the hospital this week because he got into a bicycle accident at 55 mph. He lost a big chunk of skin on his left arm.

The vids from the con are so freaking awesome. I felt like epic stalker girl, but I could not stop staring at Misha. I would try to avoid staring like that in person, but when I can hide behind the anonymity of my computer screen, I give free reign to my inner stalker.

Edited by claire30, Jul 27, 2009 @ 2:01 PM.

adel

adel

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 2:45 PM

Here's the article where Misha talks about his accident and injury. What a trooper for still making it to the Con. He joked about his scabs sticking to his shirt! It's not that spoilery I reckon. Apart from the accident comments, Misha talks about the transition from Castiel to Jimmy, feeling part of the group and pranks on set.

nolakitty

nolakitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 5:22 PM

So, Misha is mostly responsible for me breaking and getting a Twitter account. His posts are too ridiculous to miss. I sometimes think he's wearing a bigger Tinfoil Hat then 90% of the fans. Pssht...playing coy like he doesn't know anything about the ponies...silly Misha.

I read an edited for spoilers version of some of his Con stuff. Quite good. Can't wait to watch all of it! Will be doing that first thing on September 11th.

Really, I just wanted to get in on the fresh and clean new thread. Its so pretty!

AnCatDubh

AnCatDubh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 5:54 PM

Sweet, a thread for Misha!
Nice to have a thread just for him since most things I have read about him elsewhere indicate that he is a real character. He seems pretty intriguing.

So, Misha is mostly responsible for me breaking and getting a Twitter account.

I have been thinking about doing the same thing just to follow his Twitters. He makes pretty clever use of it which is great since I am still not entirely sure why people need to let others know immediately that they are having their teeth cleaned or what their opinion on squash is.

I have been trying so hard to stay away from info that came out of Comic Con because I don't want to be spoiled but part of me really wants to hear what went down....

Edited by AnCatDubh, Jul 27, 2009 @ 5:56 PM.

nolakitty

nolakitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 6:08 PM

I have been thinking about doing the same thing just to follow his Twitters

Its worth it for the lolz. There are a few other people who are amusing to follow too that I discovered after joining. Nathan Fillion for one. Jim Beaver is also on there. He doesn't post as much but he's fun. I also follow a few fandom communities too. But really, when Misha gets going its always hilarity.

I have been trying so hard to stay away from info that came out of Comic Con because I don't want to be spoiled but part of me really wants to hear what went down....

I actually joined an SPN spoilerphobe support group on LJ. Rewriting "I shall not be moved" to "I shall not be spoiled" gave me something to do while avoiding spoilers today.

Edited by nolakitty, Jul 27, 2009 @ 6:09 PM.

AmandaFM25

AmandaFM25

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 8:03 PM

But really, when Misha gets going its always hilarity.

Misha needs to start tweeting again. I love waking up to 30+ tweets from him. Guess he's been too busy being gravity's bitch.

ana joven

ana joven

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 8:16 PM

Awesomeness, so much awesomeness! Actually, I'll probably spend more time in the Cas thread, but yay for the shiny new thread!

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 7:07 AM

What's the deal with the ponies? Am I going to regret asking?

claire30

claire30

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 8:16 AM

Tennison, when Misha first began his Insane Twitter of Awesomeness, there was a lot of talk about ponies being used as a source of transportation as well as a source of sustenance. I think something back at the AHBL con in Australia this past spring started the whole obsession with ponies but I can't remember the exact context. Someone with a better memory than me can probably enlighten you on that aspect of the weirdness that is this man.

Wheelygirl

Wheelygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 10:51 AM

He was trying to choose a new mode of transport. Choice between a monster truck & a pony. His minions voted the pony in. Was it called Roger? Anyways there was an earthquake so they all ended up trapped in his underground bunker & the pony was eaten. Turned out that he was turning the handle the wrong way which is why he couldn't exit the bunker. Poor Roger died for nothing.

Cowshark

Cowshark

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 11:33 AM

Poor Roger died for nothing.

Speaking as a loyal minion (as Misha dubbed his followers on Twitter), I can wholeheartedly say that if you die for Misha, it is always for a great cause. The great cause may only be known to Misha himself, but a true minion knows to trust in him completely.

As you can see, Misha's minions are just as insane as he. It's a good match.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 3:36 PM

Thanks for the explanation. That wasn't nearly as weird and/or dirty as I was fearing.

AnCatDubh

AnCatDubh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 6:36 PM

Tennison, I didn't know who Roger was either until I finally read through all of Misha's Tweets. Poor Roger.
Very strange things are afoot in that man's head.
I love it.

Kuranda

Kuranda

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 6:55 PM

It really is worth going to his twitter and reading from the beginning. I'm not a blog reader at all but a friend sent me the link and now it's like some great twisted short story I can't stop reading. Also for those who don't know, you don't need to have a twitter account to read it (I don't). You need one to respond...but yeah don't read the responses...no people...just no.

I think the pony thing actually started at the convention Australia. He asked for a table while on stage and a women quickly appeared with one. He said thank you (kind of surprised) and then asked: can I have a pony? It kind of went from there with him explaining that Castiel is protected by an army of invisible ponies and the fans eating it up.

Yes I do spend too much time on YouTube, thanks for asking!

Thebe

Thebe

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 6:55 PM

Woo, a separate Misha thread! It was totally necessary, so thanks, mods!

I'm not a minion, so I didn't know about Roger either. But my favorite is that Castiel is supported by invisible crony ponies, so when they disappear, he crumples to the ground in a heap. Hee.

cables

cables

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2009 @ 8:43 PM

Tennison, when Misha first began his Insane Twitter of Awesomeness, there was a lot of talk about ponies being used as a source of transportation as well as a source of sustenance. I think something back at the AHBL con in Australia this past spring started the whole obsession with ponies but I can't remember the exact context. Someone with a better memory than me can probably enlighten you on that aspect of the weirdness that is this man.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the origin of the whole pony debacle started at the sydney conventions when someone asked how Castiel was able to spring Dean from hell if he's such a wuss all the time. To which someone else replied that he had "homies," but Misha misheard as "Ponies? Mythical Homie ponies" And it's been a meme ever since then.

SJ82

SJ82

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2009 @ 1:18 AM

I was surprised to see that Misha did not twitter (tweet?) about being at Comic Con, but I guess he's been a little busy what with the hospitalization and all. Get well soon, Misha. And try to be more careful, will ya? You need to be in proper working order so that we can see Castiel and Dean trading expressive gazes every week.

Edited by SJ82, Jul 29, 2009 @ 1:55 AM.

spacemonkey69

spacemonkey69

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2009 @ 2:58 AM

I'd say between being incapacitated and everything, he's also probably busting his ass at work right now. The tweets will come, he won't forget his minions.

claire30

claire30

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2009 @ 8:07 AM

but yeah don't read the responses...no people...just no.

ITA, Kuranda. Some people say some snarky and funny things back to him but for the most part it's just a train wreck of everything that makes me cringe about this fandom.

I'd say between being incapacitated and everything, he's also probably busting his ass at work right now. The tweets will come, he won't forget his minions.

He won't. But even if he did abandon his Twitter insanity, I'd still adore him just as much.