2-7: "Release Me" 2009.08.02 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

403 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 9:22 AM

(Yahoo says:) Betrayed by Daphne, Sam finds himself in an unenviable predicament at the hands of Maryann and her wild-eyed minions. Imprisoned with Hugo in the F.O.T.S. church, Sookie uses her telepathic powers to reach out to Bill, who’s being detained at the hotel by a stubbornly obsessive Lorena. After crossing a line with the Newlins, a fearful Jason tries to sever his ties with the Fellowship of the Sun, but gets plenty of resistance from Steve and his enforcer Gabe.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

Lafayette is back!

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

• Interests:Tv, movies, kids...you know stuff.

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:01 PM

Sam punched the shit outta Daphne, Go Sam!! Andy still looking for the pig was great.

More flashbacks!! Lorena looked great in that green dress. Bill was getting tired of the life and stupid Lorena had to temp him. Glad he held his guns. Bill sure loves his robes.

I thought it was cute how Jason called it a lock-down, same as Sookie.

Hoyt is so cute admitting his virginity, Jessica just as cute with her “big whoop, so am I”.

Bill and Lorena playing chicken with the sun was great.

Maryann finally letting it all hang out was super great, and her ca ca ca Carl.

I sooo knew it was Hugo, pays him right to be locked up with Sookie.

The Fellowship story surprised me, The good Rev is pissed at Jason because of Sookie, he doesn't even know about his wife yet.

Lafayette was fierce.

Once upon a time Lorena loved Bill enough to release him.

Barry came through, Godric saved Sookie!!!!!!

Edited by iliveTV, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:01 PM.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:02 PM

For a minute there, I was afraid Sookie really was going to get raped.

Nice timing, Godric.

cranky in NH

cranky in NH

Channel Surfer

Lafayette is back!

I was thinking the exact same thing! TG, I missed the real Lafayette.

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

I need a Hoyt of my very own. What a sweetheart. I have so much love for him, he's challenging LaFayette as my favorite character.

Next week looks fucking EPIC! I can't wait.

growltiger

growltiger

Couch Potato

• Interests:Remaining alive.

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

Off the top of my head...

• Tara "kisses" Sam: not the reconciliation I had in mind.
  • Andy's packing and he comes to the rescue... at last!
  • Great get away, Sam! I guess we can trust the owls after all.
  • Those board games in the lock-up, LOL.
  • No, Sookie, I would not count on Bill coming to the rescue.
  • L.A., 1935... where is Philip Marlowe?
  • Gods & Monsters of Ancient Greece? What is wrong with Bullfinch's Mythology.
  • She smells like apricots. Remember those?
  • L.A. a cultural desert? I disagree. Perhaps Lorena meant dessert.
  • So, ahem, where was that conscience back in 1928, Bill?
  • Humans decay? "Yes, they certainly don't keep well," said Eric.
  • Is Isabel worried about the incipient decrepitude of her human squeeze. "No, I find it curious... like a science project."
  • Jason & Sarah... ah, bliss. Well, their bliss, not mine. It appears that Sarah found true bliss. I wonder if this means she will get her soul back? And does this mean she will stalk Jason and kill his best friends? Oh, sorry, wrong show.
  • Hoyt & Jessica 4evah! Just don't freak out, Hoyt, if Jessica looks a little dead.
  • Wow, a new vampire fact: staying up during the daytime is unhealthy. The "bleeds," eh?
  • Got to love how the plot demands that Hugo blows Sookie's relationship to Jason just in time to thwart Jason's departure from the LODI compound.
  • Was that 13 Ghosts on the television?
  • Poor Andy, he tries to sell the Maryann the maenad cover to the wrong guy. You would think the sheriff would be more open minded given that, you know, it is common knowledge that vampires roam the earth.
  • Poor bunny, Tara? From where do you think your meat comes?
  • Daphne the expositor, who knew? I guess it is good to know that at least supernatural beings have free will.
  • Sookie is not buying what Hugo is selling. Maybe she should reconsider.
  • Quote of the day: "Thank you, Jesus, Santa Claus & Hare Krishna!" No, thank you, Arlene.
  • Andy: vox clematis in deserto. This guy cannot catch a break. Well, aside from his arm.
  • How long does it take to run out of the LODI compound?
  • Say it is not so, Sarah.
  • Thank you for your service, Daphne.
  • So there can be release from one's maker. Until the maker changes her mind.
  • Godric likes Gabe, just not very much.

Another eventful episode.

Edited by growltiger, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:04 PM.

ellaelise

ellaelise

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:04 PM

OMG, I squeeled at the end, and at the previews (and the extended preview they showed right after) but I have a question:

I know that Godric volunteered himself (or something similar) but how did he know about Sookie? Did Eric hearing she was in distress signal to Godric or what? Or did he hear what was going on and wanted to stop it from happening, even to a human? IDK

Maryann is officially terrifying. Why didn't Sam speak up in the bar and tell them that Andy was telling the truth?

Gremory

Gremory

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

This show is getting good and weird at the same time. VERY far from the books, thankfully! I love the fact that Bill knows Eric was all behind Lorena, and that he wants Sookie. Maybe we can watch a showdown between Bill and Eric and hopefully he will drive a stake through Eric and Lorena’s heart. By the way Bill looked very debonair in his smoking robe.
I knew Hugo was the traitor. Hugo is also an idiot to think that the Fellowship would do anything back for him.
Lafeyette has lost his touch, although I loved the eyelash curler. Couldn’t tell if it was a Maybelline or Revlon.
The funnies line, was the one from Tara asking Darlene “Are you telling me you date raped Terry Bellefleur?”
I F*cking love Hoyt! He is by far the hottest guy now on the show. What a sweetheart to Jessica. Loved Jessica to take control and basically say shut up and take off your pants.
That freaking Marianne had Eggs kill Daphne!
Jason is actually dead?
Oh goody it was Godrick who saved Sookie and not Eric!

amberlita

amberlita

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

Loved Anna Paquin tonight. It helps that she finally looked gorgeous the way her hair and makeup were done but she had a lot of reasonable spunk tonight and her final scene was convincingly terrifying.

I also really really love Steve Newlin. There is something about the way that actor plays him so deliciously sunshine evil. I hope he doesn't die. He's fun to watch.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

It was indeed good to see Lafayette back. I'm confused-is Sarah Newlin a follower of MaryAnn?

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

~ No, Sookie, I would not count on Bill coming to the rescue.

And she will sulk forever because of WHY he didn't come to the rescue.

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

Since Hugo's just a science project anyway, Isabel will find his betrayal no great loss.

That last scene between Sookie and Gabe? GAH! But then Godric showed up. So, he's trapped at the Fellowship of the Sun, but he has some freedom to move around? How does that work, exactly?

Glad to see that the town is finally starting to "wake up." I don't think Eggs knows when Maryann is using him, but he's still too into her when he's himself. Him thinking Maryann was just so awesome when she came back from communing with her animalistic side was the tell-tale sign. I'm not surprised Maryann used him to kill Daphne. Too bad Daphne was too stupid to realize that someone like Maryann would keep her around.

Oh, and Jason going all Hulk when Sookie's honor was questioned was awesome.

"THE BLEEDS HAVE BEGUN." I found that hilarious.

Andy still looking for the pig was great.

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

Edited by the fresh maker, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:09 PM.

leesha79

leesha79

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Godric = BAD ASS entrance (or re-entrance)

Is Maryann setting Sam up for the little piggy's murder?

I'm confused-is Sarah Newlin a follower of MaryAnn?

Now *i'm* confused -- where is the connection?

ReflexOne

ReflexOne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

People I'm Happy For: Hoyt & Jessica

People I'm Sad For: Hugo. And Isabel. Even if she thinks Hugo's kind of a scientific experiment, finding out he's a traitor is probably going to sting. AND make her less likely to love a human again.

Oh, and it's not really a person, but I feel sad for Stan's shirt. Although Erik mussing it up did give us a nice view of toned, bronzed undead Stanflesh.

Why is it they're not even ATTEMPTING to make Stan look pasty like they are every other vampire? One would think if he was using fake tan he'd be an ungodly ORANGE by now. (These are the inane questions I ask myself when I get off track)

Did anyone else think that Sookie got almost supernaturally competent in captivity? I kept going "Yeah, Sookie, you've totally been a prisoner before, this is old hat to you, way to focus on escape!"

Which leads me to People I'm Worried For: BARRY!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! Also, Terry Belfleur.

And on to the completely shallow: FUCK ME, Modern Godric is smokin'. He was kinda attractive as the Ancient Wild Thing, but ... yikes. I'D be all Erik Northman levels of angst about getting him back, too.

Damn this show for continually introducing me to attractive actors and actresses I'd never even heard of before!

nicotico

nicotico

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

I love Maryann! I loved her coming in looking like six kinds kinds of hell, and Ka-Ka-Ka-Karl. Bon Temps is going to hell in a hand basket with her around.

My inner Greek Mythology nerd cringed to hear Dionysus equated with Satan, but I get that it served the story.

Jessica and Hoyt are so sweet. It's such a nice break from the drama to see them together. I could watch them the whole time.

Lafayette: "The Devil in a very pretty Sunday hat." Ha!

I hated the flashbacks with a fiery passion. I wanted to kill myself every time I heard Bill and Lorena's ahh-trocious ai-yukcents.

Godric! Finally!

Edited by nicotico, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:14 PM.

ellaelise

ellaelise

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:14 PM

It was indeed good to see Lafayette back. I'm confused-is Sarah Newlin a follower of MaryAnn?

Maryann has nothing to do with the vampires or Newlins. Sarah shot at Jason because hubby relayed the (wrong) info that Jason was infiltrating, so Sarah felt betrayed, and is crazy, and so wanted to kill Jason.

Spoiler!!:

I saw in the extended previews that Jason is not dead

Lafayette: "The Devil in a very pretty Sunday hat." Ha!

Though last week made me think Eggs is a good guy, that comment from Lafayette (plus him saying "isn't it great?" about Maryann's weirdness) makes me wonder if he hasn't caught on more than he lets on, and stays with Maryann/is down with letting her take over him. Or maybe Maryann has taken over so much, he's losing his soul? I know Laf isn't a psychic but I do trust his judgment.

Edited by ellaelise, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:17 PM.

major2829

major2829

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

Godric = VILF

So does Isabel have her own pet telepath now?

Brakchi

Brakchi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

I'm confused-is Sarah Newlin a follower of MaryAnn?

I haven't seen anything indicating that. Was shocked she shot Jason. If Jason dies that will be the most shocking death I've seen on TV in awhile.

I like the show is both critiquing hedonism and religious extremism. Daphne and Hugo, two betrayers, both betrayed themselves. Hugo's conversion from fangbanging to righteous did not impress Gabe. The metaphor was easy to pick up there. The only true awakening experienced was Bill's and it came through himself (not through others like Daphne and Hugo).

Alan Ball again using Sia well. "Day Too Soon" is perfect for Jessica and Hoyt.

I just realized where I saw Sarah before. It was when I saw Equus. How could I not remember that? Hope they keep her around but if Jason dies she will be one hated character and I wouldn't see the purpose.

Love the appearance of Godric.

Deathbyblonde

Deathbyblonde

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

(paraphrased) "Why don't you call yourself Ben?"

"Or Dict"

My favorite line of the night.

Other than that, I really enjoyed Lorena this episode, especially with the silly staying awake thing with Bill. I'm really interested to see how they can possibly wrap up this Maryanne storyline, seeing as she's pretty much invincible, but I'm enjoying it in the meantime. Loved Jason beating up that asshole Gabe(?) and LaFayette getting back some of his "pizzaz".

leesha79

leesha79

Fanatic

My inner Greek Mythology nerd cringed to hear Dionysus equated with Satan, but I get that it served the story.

As did mine.

So, if Maryann is not able to "glamour" or possess or whatever she does to "supernaturals", I wonder if that's not a big part of the reason Sookie was sent to Texas. I know it's in the books, etc..., but it is convenient, story-wise.

aida18

aida18

Channel Surfer

Godric is gorgeous!

Did anyone else laugh when "bleeding love" began to play?

ViewerInCali

ViewerInCali

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:18 PM

Godric is the class of the field, vampirically-speaking. I'm in awe.

Apparently Sookie can rerun past telepathic input and parse the different voices. Comes in handy, but it would help more if she did it in the first place.

Andy is the Rodney Dangerfield of Bon Temps, poor baby.

Good to see Sam "you're just not an alpha" lashing out.

Lafayette got his mojo back -- YAY!

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:18 PM

Very good episode, glad they're finally getting to the meat of the two storylines. Hopefully that's the last orgy we'll get but I doubt it.

Lafayette was back, Yay!

Poor Daphne, I kind of liked her and I guess it's nice to know that she was just as duped as the rest of them even though Maryanne couldn't control her, she totally manipulated her.

I hope we get a big confrontation between Sam/Maryanne

Wow Eric is taller than Nathan Stark (Stan)...that's impressive. Dude, Stan was looking mighty fine with the open buttons on the shirt and speaking of fine...hello Godric.

BTW - Anyone else get the impression that Stan and Isabella get spray on tans? They look much darker than the other vamps..so does Lorena for that matter. I wonder what's up with that?

One last thought on Godric, I got the impression that he was kind of there willingly...maybe he's gotten bored with life and just wants to meet the sun? They did a similar storyline on Forever Knight

Wow, another Bill flashback and I'm once again bored with the character...talk about a wet blanket.

Edited by morrigan2575, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:20 PM.

kitaweta22

kitaweta22

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:20 PM

I don't know if anyone has already asked this, but couldn't Bill have "called" Jessica to his aid? I mean i don't know how much help she could have been but couldn't she have, i don't know alerted Eric to the situation? Just wondering

cranky in NH

cranky in NH

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

For some reason, when Sarah shot Jason, I thought, 'paint ball gun'. The gun just looked a little weird to me and they had been driving around in those golf carts when they were using them a few episodes ago. (I'm not spoiled, so I don't know that it necessarily was a paint ball gun, I just thought that at the time.)

Amiable Amy

Amiable Amy

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

I despise Maryann with a passion. I feel like she's an evil moocher who can't do anything by herself. She didn't even have the balls to murder Daphne.

I also found Sookie a lot less irritating than usual. I think it's because she wasn't with Bill, at all.

Edited by Amiable Amy, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:34 PM.

leesha79

leesha79

Fanatic

For some reason, when Sarah shot Jason, I thought, 'paint ball gun'. The gun just looked a little weird to me...

I thought it was a tranquilizer gun. It didn't sound like even a silenced gun when fired.

Edited by leesha79, Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:24 PM.

Jacob's Hair Dye

Jacob's Hair Dye

Fanatic

Dear God(ric), I wanted to slap Sookie several times this episode.

When she was busy asking Steve what how he knew who she was and about Jason, I expected her to read his mind. Not forget she's a frakking telepath ask stupid questions Steve wasn't going to answer out loud.

When Gabe left the door WIDE OPEN while he was busy attacking Hugo, I expected Sookie to escape and go looking for Godric. Not stay and get herself almost raped.

Now I understand it made Godric's appearance more dramatic, but really Sookie needs to use common sense. Especially if she's powerful enough to call to Barry from a long distance away.

(And totally unrelated note, I cannot deal with the fact that Barry looks like Kyle Busch's nonevil twin.)

growltiger

growltiger

Couch Potato

• Interests:Remaining alive.

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:25 PM

I know that Godric volunteered himself (or something similar) but how did he know about Sookie? Did Eric hearing she was in distress signal to Godric or what? Or did he hear what was going on and wanted to stop it from happening, even to a human? IDK --ellaelise

My take is that Godric overheard Hugo. Godric's conversion is personal but he is still loyal to his fellow vampires. That and he no longer wants harm to come to humans because of him.  By the way, I am going off the books.