Godric: Did You Know He's Over 2000 Years Old?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

294 replies to this topic

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 10:51 PM

He's Eric's maker and the source of the this season's overarching mystery, so he's an important character and one worth discussing.

I thought the flashback was a great introduction to the character.

amberlita

amberlita

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:01 PM

Anyone get a good look at his tattoos or have thoughts as to what they might mean?

Twist6989

Twist6989

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:05 PM

Godric and the relationship between Eric and Godric is quite a mystery. Where is Godric from? He doesn't look like a Roman soldier to me. Why doesn't he have anyone competant working for him? Why isn't Eric by his side? What happened between them? Why did t hey seperate? Why doesn't anyone know that Godric is his maker?

The scene tonight though was awefully sexy and dare I say..... almost romantic in a Gothic horror/romance kind of way.

What does everyone else think?

iliveTV

iliveTV

Fanatic

• Interests:Tv, movies, kids...you know stuff.

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:12 PM

2000, really? :P

The scene was awesome. I have no idea who the hell Godric is, or where he is from. He's been changed from the book already so I don't want to speculate too much as to what his background is. I do however think that Godric meeting the sun is the strongest explanation for his dissappearance. I think the fact that everyone keeps stressing how he's over 2000 years old and how could he have been taken in definite forshadowing of the fact that he wasn't taken and he went of his own will. If I were a powerful vampire Sheriff (like Eric) I probably wouldn't go around making it public knowlege who my maker (the only vamp who's word I have no choice but to obey) is.

Edited by iliveTV, Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:16 PM.

lmsweb

lmsweb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:31 PM

I posted this in the other thread, but my guess is that Godric is a Pict, from Northern Scotland. The tattoos match, as does his size - Eric thought he was a child at first. The time frame also matches, since Eric's people were busy plundering their hearts out all over the coasts of what is now Great Britain the same time the Picts were around. The Picts pretty much died out in the 10-11th centuries (well, not really died out, but were "absorbed" into Gaelic Scotland).

I wonder if meeting the sun would be enough to kill Godric though. Since he's 2000 years old!!!11!!! eleventy! Maybe he'd just end up with a tan?

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

Eric thought he was a child at first.

I wonder how old he was supposed to be when he was turned. I thought he looked fairly early teens, myself.

Twist6989

Twist6989

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:40 PM

I wonder how old he was supposed to be when he was turned. I thought he looked fairly early teens, myself.

I think he suppose to be anywhere from 16 to 19 years old. But really, wouldn't anyone look small compared to the tall and muscular vikings.

They probably went through centries with humans thinking that Godric must be Eric's son.

I wonder if meeting the sun would be enough to kill Godric though. Since he's 2000 years old!!!11!!! eleventy! Maybe he'd just end up with a tan?

Hee! I really wish that was true.

I loved the scene tonight. However, -and this may only be me- didn't Godric seem a little too eager and childish. I may just be affected by the youth of the actor. He's my age for christ sake.

Edited by Twist6989, Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:44 PM.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:43 PM

Wait...he's HOW old?

Get. Out. I don't believe it. :)

I lol'd at the title of this thread when I came back from the replay to see what was new.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:50 PM

The actor's Danish, apparently.

And an infant. Even though he's supposed to be...wait, how old is Godric, again?

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:53 PM

2000...I don't think they've ever mentioned it, though. :)

WOW. He's a baby.

According to his resume, he's old enough to have a driver's license. Thank goodness for small favors, huh?

Twist6989

Twist6989

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:00 AM

According to his resume, he's old enough to have a driver's license. Thank goodness for small favors, huh?

So true. I wikipedia(ed) him and it said he was twenty; born 1989 (which makes me happy because I hate finding foreign actors cute just to find that they are younger than me.

He is Swedish though, which is another small miracle. Atleast the lines sound natural when he is saying them.

lmsweb

lmsweb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:03 AM

Well, that makes me a puma then. I thought he was kind of hot, in a 2000 year oldish kind of way.

Now I feel all pervy, kind of like looking at Taylor Lautner in the previews for New Moon.

shootingstar

shootingstar

Fanatic

• Interests:Watching to much damn TV, of course!

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:13 AM

Wait the actor isn't even 21 yet? Aww, not sure I can keep my little crush that growing. *walks with a cane*

Wait, he's how old again??? *puts in hearing aid*

Dee2

Dee2

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:17 AM

Godric is Donnie Thornberry.

Does a vampire's age increase resistance to sunlight?

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:22 AM

Oh, for embarrassing: His measurements. Now you can make, like, little doll clothes for him.

Godric is Donnie Thornberry.

With wicked cooler tattoos.

Wait the actor isn't even 21 yet?

He's not even twenty yet -- yeah, he was born in 1989, but in December, which means he's still only nineteen. Nineteen.

Cue Karen Walker clapping her hands together like a delighted little girl and breathily enthusing, "Nineteen!"

Edited by Demian, Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:25 AM.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:26 AM

OH MY GOD, he's pocket-sized. Eric could carry him around in one of those baby harnesses, like Dr. Evil did with Mini Me.
(I just made myself snort with laughter, it's clearly time for bed.)

5 Roller Skates

5 Roller Skates

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:28 AM

Eric thought he was a child at first.

I thought it was Chuck Bass. Thank God it wasn't.

Twist6989

Twist6989

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:32 AM

OH MY GOD, he's pocket-sized. Eric could carry him around in one of those baby harnesses, like Dr. Evil did with Mini Me.

Image overload. My brain is now dead. Thank you. Giggles like crazy person.

lmsweb

lmsweb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:34 AM

Oh, for embarrassing: His measurements. Now you can make, like, little doll clothes for him.

Damn, I just spit on myself laughing. What the heck, I'm only 5'2, so 5'6 would still be taller than me. Too bad I have a thing for guys 6ft plus.

Does a vampire's age increase resistance to sunlight?

I'm not sure, but what I was thinking is that if Bill is only, what, 200 years old (or less?), and he managed to make the walk in the sun to try and rescue Sookie without immediately turning into ash, then I have to wonder if someone whose blood (2000 years!!!)was much more powerful would also have more...I don't know. Tolerance or resistance to things that would bring most vamps down in a minute. Sort of a random though, I suppose.

shootingstar

shootingstar

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:38 AM

I thought it was Chuck Bass. Thank God it wasn't.

This really made me cackle. No chuck Bass on TB please.

He's not even twenty yet -- yeah, he was born in 1989, but in December, which means he's still only nineteen. Nineteen.

Woah. At least he's legally an adult. *shakes head*

Oh, and cool tattoos there Goddy, dear.

Twist6989

Twist6989

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:44 AM

Damn, I just spit on myself laughing. What the heck, I'm only 5'2, so 5'6 would still be taller than me. Too bad I have a thing for guys 6ft plus.

Yes, but this also means that he's almost a foot shorter than AS. Which means if there is a scene between Eric and Godric that he will come up to his nipples - about.

I could see the scene now. When they finally meet again. Eric looks adoringly down, down and down to Godric and says, "Sire."

grim squeaker

grim squeaker

Stalker

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 3:18 AM

I saw the title and thought, wait, Godric is how old? How could I miss that?

Seriously, though, he is absolutely adorable. I'm not getting the very old vibe at all, he seems more like an otherworldly child, but I think that's okay, given how young he apparently was when he was turned (the casting call, back in the day, had him look like 15, which about fits). He and Eric have great chemistry, too.

I'm not sure if he is supposed to be a Pict, but the tattooes are not Pictish. They would be swirlier in that case.

And for everyone worrying about the actor's age, I'm pretty sure 19 is perfectly legal in Denmark.

ETA:

I could see the scene now. When they finally meet again. Eric looks adoringly down, down and down to Godric and says, "Sire."

Bwah. You owe me a keyboard.

Edited by grim squeaker, Jul 20, 2009 @ 10:11 AM.

Limber

Limber

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 4:42 AM

You know, this'll work if they have some sort of brotherly bond between them. Maker/ward not so much. But if Godric's "father, brother, child" thing is a genuine offer, then I can buy Eric treating Godric like an incredibly close brother.

Or they're lovers and he can sweep him up in his arms and carry him away from that terrible place. Whatever.

Daliden

Daliden

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 8:42 AM

Hmh, after some careful rewatching Godric seems to have Norse runes (Elder Futhark, to be more precise) on his right arm, although some of them seem mirrored.

No, they don't seem to spell anything; what I could make out was:

LIHUZLIO

AIJTLZISIL

...or something like that :)

Reading through WikiPedia I guess one still cannot make an educated guess as to his origins.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 9:43 AM

...at which point, Eric picks him up, cradles him like a baby and kisses his forehead, the blows a raspberry on his little cheek.

buckeyechick47

buckeyechick47

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 9:48 AM

Okay the image of that happening made me spit my drink out. lol

I can just see the set up it's a powerful dramatic scene & then out of nowhere he raspberries Godric lol.

shootingstar

shootingstar

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 9:56 AM

You guys are awful...ly funny. LOL!!! Wasn't there a Bugs Bunny toon with a gangster disguised as a baby? Just picture this tough gangster, cigar in hand, gravely voice, wearing a diaper and a little bonnet - Giving orders to his crew. You guys got me picturing Godric that way now. Ha.

fergy13

fergy13

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 9:58 AM

Damn, damn, damn.

He's younger than my son. I was all ready for another True Blood Crush to add with Eric.

I feel all pervy now!

I'm 4'11.5" tall. I like my men big, too. Tall, that is.

GlassHouses

GlassHouses

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 10:01 AM

Wasn't there a Bugs Bunny toon with a gangster disguised as a baby? Just picture this tough gangster, cigar in hand, gravely voice, wearing a diaper and a little bonnet - Giving orders to his crew. You guys got me picturing Godric that way now. Ha.

Mission accomplished, then!

Daliden

Daliden

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 10:14 AM

Hmm, do we know whether vampires can be tattooed in the TB universe, or will they heal? I.e., was Godric tattooed before or after he was turned? That would narrow down his origins at least a little bit.