Watch What Happens: Live

• Please log in to reply

1864 replies to this topic

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

OMG.. that was the BEST WWHL episode in forever!! Possibly beating Jackay and Regina King!

Highlights

-Kathleen Turner with a glass of wine. (she's an admitted alcoholic) oooooo's right there.
-Kathleen Turner on Nick Cage in Peggy Sue got married.
-Kathleen Turner admitting she had an affair with Michael Douglass while he was married and lying about being separated.
-Anything Jenifer Tilly said. (Jennifer Tilly and Jackay must be booked on the same show STAT)
-Kathleen and Jennifer TRASHING 50 shades of gray and the author casually. "That book is AWFULL!"
-Jennifer on Woody Allen and Jim Carrey- basically describing them as douche wads.

i'm sure i missed something. See these shows remind you why the show and the rare format can be a joy ride.

Edited by Jack Kash, May 1, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

Wow Jack Kash, I was just going to let this epi go, but you got me with the Jackee/Regina reference... off to watch! Please let Kathleen swallow AC whole by the end of this thing!

-Kathleen Turner with a glass of wine. (she's an admitted alcoholic) oooooo's right there.
-Kathleen Turner on Nick Cage in Peggy Sue got married.
-Kathleen Turner admitting she had an affair with Michael Douglass while he was married and lying about being separated.
-Anything Jenifer Tilly said. (Jennifer Tilly and Jackay must be booked on the same show STAT)
-Kathleen and Jennifer TRASHING 50 shades of gray and the author casually. "That book is AWFULL!"
-Jennifer on Woody Allen and Jim Carrey- basically describing them as douche wads.

It was nuts alright. Did Kathleen actually drink? I only saw her hold the glass up at the beginning, but it looked like her glass was untouched toward the end... mystery! Nice to know Bill Hurt was the man to kiss, makes sense. The comment about Nick Cage was awesome, nothing like kicking Hollywood "royalty" straight in the crotch, and I liked that she decided to use her "one lifeboat" for Danny Devito because he's a nice guy with a nice family. And props to her for saying screwing on married (and non-separated guys) is no good. Pretty funny when Jennifer immediately followed with "I do!" She is really missing something upstairs, or her brain has slowly been turning into breast tissue...? Her Woody Allen story was a fun insight - I love the visual of all of the later-cut actors showing up at premiers with their families and quoting their former lines. Yup, Woody is challenged in a lot of areas.

Andy, of course, was barely registering anything or even able to keep up. He has this odd and offensive ability to blather constantly and incoherently about boring and meaningless shit (i.e., almost everything) such as Tamra's former implants and his playhouse - and then he completely misses an appropriate level of "holy shit" after Kathleen's "Nick Cage's teeth" stuff. So much very real and good down-and-dirty crap that he supposedly lives for, and... crickets. Poor Andy, he really can be sllllooooowwww sometimes.

WTH was with Kathleen thinking "It's Raining Men" was written for her role on Friends? HA! With respect to her alcohol issues, I can't wish what I really think would be magnificent: Kathleen and Jennifer with Jackee and Regina's actual amount of imbibed alcohol. That would be one for the record books, and maybe a less mellow bartender.

Possibly Kristin Johnson and Kathleen Turner together; that would either be an eruption of the egos beyond everything holy, or just fucking genius!

Edited by meisja, May 1, 2012 @ 7:35 AM.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Kathleen took a sip of her drink and stuck out her tongue and made a disgusted face. Maybe it was some of that terrible non-alocholic red wine.

loxie 28

loxie 28

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Kathleen Turner and Jennifer Tilly= best Watch What Happens Live ever!

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

These two women need to move to the front of Andy's rolodex.....they were fantastic. I love how intimidated Andy was...he kept calling her Miss Turner, lol.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

I love how intimidated Andy was...he kept calling her Miss Turner, lol.

He did look like he was trying his damndest to stay focused because - I think even he knew - she would put her foot up his ass in about 30 seconds if he lost focus. Something tells me he needed a drink after that show ended. Gotta go see if there was an aftershow....

Oh my, some "regular caller" called in and told Andy that "he has the world peppering his pickle every day."

Edited by meisja, May 1, 2012 @ 6:29 PM.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

I adore the old school rumor that John Wesley Shipp, Dawson's DAD, was killed off because he was banging James.

Wait. What?! How did I miss this??

I loved last night's episode. Kathleen Turneer was just like, "What the hell did I get myself into," but still played along, which was great. I really hate when people come on a show like this and take it too seriously. And I really couldn't figure out whether Jennifer Tilly was loaded or if that's just how she is. The whole things was just so random, and awesome!

Edited by luckyroll3, May 1, 2012 @ 6:19 PM.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

@luckyroll3

Yep.. that rumor has been around since the early 00's. I'd like to believe it's true.. it's so dirty and scandalous.. more entertaining than anything that happened on Dawson's Creek during it's run.

James looked so full of himself.. however what other than Dawson's creek is he known for. His film career tanked. Heavily. He's probably giddy with to have this new show which looks funny but i haven't had the time or extreme interest to check it out.

Andy needs to be bombarded with comments demanding he bring Jackee and Jennifer on together.

Kathleen and Jennifer GOT the concept... i hate the guest who don't.. so they delivered an entertaining show and gave up some deets and made some watercooler moments. They don't give a damn. I loathe the guest who are on there JUST to promote whatever they need to promote, bullshit through the pt5 and leave.. They don't really want to be there or understand why the show is unique.. they just want preserve whatever cred they THINK they have and move on.

I'm almost dreading Susan Lucci and Mark Ruffalo on thursday.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Fun show last night! Andy needs to get Kathleen and/or Jennifer back on again while they're in town doing their shows.

DrSparkles

DrSparkles

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

He did look like he was trying his damndest to stay focused because - I think even he knew - she would put her foot up his ass in about 30 seconds if he lost focus.

HAHA, I thought the same thing!! KEEP UP Andy! <snort> They were great & Jennifer's boobs look fantastic AND real. Damn.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

They were great & Jennifer's boobs look fantastic AND real. Damn.

Jennifer looks damn good. She's rockin' her 50s, for sure.

acee01b

acee01b

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

Did anyone else catch the sneak peek of Andy's book? He gave copies as the "prize" for the lame game he played with Tamra and Heather McDonald.

That book looked stoopid. It was supposed to be some sort of take on a high school yearbook photo with Andy being voted as "Most Talkative" as the title. But really with Andy's face on the cover, it just looked ripped off from the posters for "The 40 year old virgin" movie. Andy Cohen, as Andy, the 40 year old virgin.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

I don't think Jennifer was drunk, she was on Wendy Williams earlier in the day and was just as freakin bouncy at noon as she was at 11 pm. I think that is just how she is, lol.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I don't think I've ever seen Heather McDonald before, but her face was truly scary. I actually gasped when she came on screen. A picture of her face needs to be posted outside of every plastic surgeon's office as disclaimer of what can go wrong. I know the aging process sucks, but I'd rather be covered in wrinkles then wake up and see that in the mirror everyday. SMH.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:36 AM

Billie Jean, As far as I know, I've never seen or heard of Heather McDonald before. There's no need to see her again. Her "impersonations" were lame, but as he usually does, Andy found his guest hilarious. Her facial contortions: just plain weird. She certainly does exude confidence. Why?

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Heather is a regular panelist on "Chelsea Lately" and writes for that show. She wasn't a great guest, but I do give her props for bringing the Real Housewives knowledge -- and as an open-mike comedian, I appreciated her appraisal of people telling Gretchen, "It's so great that you ... were onstage!" isn't exactly a great compliment.

Edited by JakeyIsSusan, May 3, 2012 @ 1:51 AM.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Michael Lorber's hair looked gross and almost like he had a disease, wanted to throw up. And I was surprised to learn that Ryan and Michael have more twitter followers than Fredrik, since he's clearly the star of show. Was funny that he accused them of buying followers, lol.

And Andy can not resist in plugging his awful book, huh?

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Thought the show with the Millionaire Listing guys was great. They came off very likeable - unlike how they sometimes appear on the show. They actually looked like they might like each other. Love this group so much more than the LA guys. Ugh. I didn't mind Lorber's hair, but what gave me the icks was that he didn't have any socks on. Not a fan of this fashion statement.

I, for one, Love Andy - love his quirks, and look forward to his book!

Edited by Fishyswa, May 3, 2012 @ 8:40 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

She certainly does exude confidence. Why?

B/c she's been propped up by the unfunny Chelsea Handler for the past five years. Heather is a regular on Chelsea Lately which was funny at one point, but is now saddled with hangers on like Heather.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:49 AM

I'm 99% sure Heather's been on this show before. I wanna say Jeff Lewis was the other guest on with her.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

Have they ever had a teetotaler on this thing?

I know I'm a tightass about drinking, drugs and other recreational stuff, but seriously, has anyone on the show refused to do the shot or simply had a glass of water, ice tea or soda? I think I remember one guest on the older version drinking hot tea, but that seemed way out of the norm.

That said, sorry I missed Kathleen Turner and Mark Ruffalo could give courses on how to be a good guest. In the midst of all the Lucci drool, he was quick, funny and beat Andy at his own game.

Ms Sugarbaker

Ms Sugarbaker

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

I know I'm a tightass about drinking, drugs and other recreational stuff, but seriously, has anyone on the show refused to do the shot or simply had a glass of water, ice tea or soda?

Quite recently, Kristen Johnson abstained from cocktails and the shotski. She also mentioned she attends certain twelve step meetings.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

More power to her. I remember reading about the health issues related to her addictions and was am so proud of her ongoing recovery. One of my best friends is doing the same thing and I'm in complete support.

Just seems that virtually everyone plays along. Sometimes I wish someone, like Kristin, would just say no.

I want to like Andy, since there are times I do find him dorkily charming, but he makes it so damn hard.I get that he's a big-time fanboy, but God, last night's Lucci lovefest was just plan nauseating.

Pauline Fowler

Pauline Fowler

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

There have been plenty of people who haven't consumed alcohol on the show. Even Andy is an occasional teetotaler. And on shotski night, I figure non-drinkers get a shot of water or something. Like last night, I didn't see Ruffalo or LaLucci drinking anything, but it's Thursday so Andy has to get the Bud Light into the frame at least once.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

Mark was drinking some sort of green drink.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

LOL on the BudLight. He did everything but lick the bottle.

I confess to not watching every night, so I must be missing the plenty. To each his own, just one of my personal bugaboos, especially when Andy makes such a big deal about the shots and the drinking game.

Shprintze

Shprintze

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

Jerry Seinfeld drank coffee and ridiculed Andy for drinking and "working." But Jerry is always completely professional.

I thought Mark Ruffalo was funny as hell, especially when he was mimicking Andy. He wasn't being cruel or too cool but simply trying to livin up the joint. He was also a good guest on Colbert a few weeks back. Ok, I admit I love him. So sue me.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Strangely enough, Snooki announced her drink was non-alcoholic when she was on WWHL. She said it was because her and J-WOWW were being very strict on their diet, but it was later revealed that she was pregnant.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 2:13 AM

I sometimes wince when there's a star on the show like Kristn Johnson or Chris Klein who has had public battles with alcohol and Andy is like "Drink up when i intentionally say this stupid word." ..basically advocating binge drinking and there's an ex coke head and drunk right beside him. There's a level a comical cruelty in there.. and obliviousness.

Edited by Jack Kash, May 5, 2012 @ 10:40 PM.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Andy must be really worried his book is going to bomb, placing it right next to him on the set reeked of desperation.

And Joe Gorga has really packed on the pounds, he's starting to rival Juicy!