Watch What Happens: Live

• Please log in to reply

1862 replies to this topic

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

I took about 90% of what Chenowith said as being tongue-in-cheek.

I think you're right, but she's such an excellent actress and convincing persona that I just eat it up! Her singing has overshadowed her acting for me and I've got to shake that up a bit.

Yeah, cancer is going around right now...better run to Walgreens and get your cancer shot.

It's quite possible that the HPV shot has confused her to the point where she thinks there is an immunization for cancer; nothing about Jeana's intelligence - or lack thereof - would surprise me. She looks better than she used to I suppose, but I feel that her picture is next to the word "dullard" in the illustrated dictionary. Maybe she's on 'ludes, which I'm sure were around when she was posing for Playboy.

This bugs me too. And anytime there is a lag in the connection, he gets a weird look on his face as if he thinks the caller is mentally slow in some way and like its not the fault of the connection.

Poor Jeana. Last night she looked like a first-class loser next to Kristin Chenowith. Andy praised Kristen and gave her most of the airtime and pretty much ignored Jeana and gave a pitiful "nice to see you" at the end. Andy didn't even have Jeana PT5. I guess the point of inviting her was to make what Jo's life seem better than Jeana's in comparison but when Jo was a no-show he had no use for Jeana.

Yep, and yet every night Andy continues with his looks of surprise and annoyance at "CALLER!" I feel like a terrible person, but she does look like a "first-class loser next to Kristin"! I think you're totally correct about the Jo/Jeana plan; I missed that she didn't get PT5.

Maybe, it has too many reality stars for me. Tonight's show was really good.

Totally. If it were only a couple of nights a week, he might have actual guests like tonight - Rashida and John are both excellent and interesting and complemented each other too. If I were either of them, I would actually request a chair that a Jersey Shore cast member has never sat in (or 98% of the Housewives). Better to be safe than sorry.

My recording cut off tonight's Mazel, which was about Kelsey Grammar and his "another wife, another tattoo" thing I'm assuming...

I want Jackee and Regina to come on monthly; that was one hell of a drunken mess of a show (but with some gravitas and talent).

mamiesan

mamiesan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

The show has been hit or miss for me. I guess it depends on the guest(s). Maybe, it has too many reality stars for me. Tonight's show was really good. Rashida Jones whom I didn't know at all (I'm 47..kind of old I guess) and now I really like her. She was so funny and it seemed like she is a really nice person. The other was John Slattery and he just so smooth, cool & suave and so funny . Apprently, both he & Rashida know each other which made the show a lot funnier than usual. Great show & great guest. Who knew going way gray could look so good!??

YES ByaNose!! This was definitely one of the classier episodes. I haven't watched in awhile, but when I saw John Slattery was a guest (huge Mad Men fan), I DVR'd it. I loved Rashida on The Office and Parks and Rec so it was a great line-up. It's just nice to see people who are witty, engaging, intelligent and famous for being really good at their jobs.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

Okay, I'll be the first to say it: What the hell was up with Loretta Divine's rambling about Chris Brown & Rihanna? The whole "well, he wasn't the first one..." rambling made me embarassed for her and kind of mad that Andy (and/or Ana to a much lesser degree) didn't have enough common sense to change the subject.

Ms Sugarbaker

Ms Sugarbaker

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:45 AM

kind of mad that Andy (and/or Ana to a much lesser degree) didn't have enough common sense to change the subject.

I don't understand how it would be common sense for Andy to change the subject. He loves when people stick their foot in their mouth, it would behoove him to let LD continue talking. Besides, if he changed the subject we wouldn't have heard LD say that she thought CB and ReeRee never broke up.

It wasn't Ana's job to change the subject, she was a guest, not the host.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

Plus Loretta knew exactly what she was saying, and she knew it was controversial.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

Jenny Pullos needs to stop. That rapping game was tortuous to my ears. I can't stand her or Jeff Lewis.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

Okay, I'll be the first to say it: What the hell was up with Loretta Divine's rambling about Chris Brown & Rihanna? The whole "well, he wasn't the first one..." rambling made me embarassed for her and kind of mad that Andy (and/or Ana to a much lesser degree) didn't have enough common sense to change the subject.

Maybe I'm missing your point. My take was that Loretta was saying that Chris Brown wouldn't be the first celeb to abuse a woman and still have a career. And I agree with her. I also agree with her thought that Chris/Rihanna never really broke up. They just kept it on the DL.

Rachel Maddow was charming.

Edited by Xingu, Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:02 PM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

Rachel Maddow was charming.

I am such a BIG Rachel fan that sometimes I wish I were a Lesbian. Charming is the perfect word. She was even charming in that high school graduation speech. I thank Andy for inviting a brilliant guest I thought he'd never even consider.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

I loathe the show and Cohen vehemently but tuned in for Rachel. And she did not disappoint. I figure Cohen was thrilled that the corporate overlords most likely pushed for this to happen as it gave him a layer of intellectual ability for those that call in and tell him how much they love him. I do think whatever he had done to his eyes helps. But otherwise he really is a complete moron. And last night hammered that notion home for me when that shrill yapper named Jenny turned out to be the second smartest and more charming member of the trio but a huge margin.

Granted. I would much rather Cohen and his crew had made more of an effort to highlight Rachel. Jenny did seem to realize and appreciate that intelligent life had landed in the studio and brought her a game but I still find her vapid and annoying. and her "rapping" makes me want to commit violence on her. Or at least witness it. Even time she goes there I fantasize about someone leaping on set and just punching her in the face until she stops.

If I didn't feel it was such a waste of talent (and jealous it wasn't me sitting and talking with Rachel) having her present, I could have perhaps appreciated the hilarious senior photo and graduation speech. Too bad the show felt the need to grimly and smally stick to it's sad little structure and whore out the BRAVO shows that even Cohen managed to parse from his cards Rachel knew and cared nothing about. Not to mention doing a live show during the airings of the silly fame whoring mess of BRAVO's Wed. night line up. I cannot tell you how sick and then thrilled I was that Jeff Lewis someone didn't ooze up onto the set when I heard he was present. Maybe the idea of standing next to someone with an actual working brain instead of all the half-wits that plastic faced freak surrounds himself with to look smart intimidated him too much to whore his presence and indulge in yet another ego jerk circle of two that he and Cohen so inexplicably indulge in.

And Drift is so easy to read and less than three hundred pages; would it kill Cohen to actually read the book? Or even read the inside cover? Instead he stumbles over the descriptive cover blurb. And that and the Ailes quote he sees on the back seems all the knowledge the ass has on the book. Not only were there two moments where Rachel was talking and Cohen clearly didn't have a clue what she was saying (and was incredibly non-wonky compared to her other talk show guestings let alone her own show) -- throwing out his conversational shit net "excellent" but he couldn't even follow Jenny's bit about seeing Lewis in the throes of stomach flu. FOr all his understandable dislike of Sarah Palin I wonder if he realizes he is pretty much her equivalent in terms of success in his own field. That or he blew a lot of old closeted conservatives who ran things back when GE had a bit more economic oversight in the whole NBC family. Maybe he can tell us where and how many moles Jack Welch has on his withered flabby thighs.

And Abby Eliot is really a lazy impersonator. Rachel actually has a lot to work with and Abby goes for the most simple and doesn't even do that all that well.

I hope Kathy Griffin has a better team for her show and not a bunch of half wits trying to pretend to be the US version of the Graham Norton show jammed into a half an hour with the dimmest mind in television at the helm.

splitenz

splitenz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

heebiejeebie--I "heart" you. You sum up my feelings perfectly about Andy Cohen and what a douche he is!

He showed his true ignorant, self-involved colors on that show.

dreamy

dreamy

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

I think Rachel Maddow is a universal donor when it comes to TV shows. I like Real Time more when she's on, the only time I'll ever watch Meet the Press is when she's gone. I just wish I had more time, I'd listen to her podcast every day.

Andy, well, at least I enjoyed last night's show.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

I hope someone finds Jaleel White entertaining and appealing. He's just creepy to me. I assume someone told him he has bedroom eyes, and so he uses them to "flirt" with viewers. Squick! If this appearance is part of his resurrection tour, it didn't work for me.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

I will tape this show if I find one of his guests interesting. Loved Rachel M. And John S.and Kathy G. However many of the recent guests are cringeworthy and I won't watch any of the "housewives". Andy"'s goofiness is too much to take on a daily basis, but once in a while is OK. Lots of time on the show is wasted with the dumb games and the shoots,I thing....I'd rather hear great questions asked of the guests and their responses...but then this isn't really a legitimate talk show . . . .Watching the show doesn't take up much of my time since I stop watching towards the end when he starts to do his mazels......

Edited by CathinAZ, Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:32 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 6:45 PM

I hope someone finds Jaleel White entertaining and appealing. He's just creepy to me. I assume someone told him he has bedroom eyes, and so he uses them to "flirt" with viewers. Squick! If this appearance is part of his resurrection tour, it didn't work for me.

I was routing for his resurrection tour, but after seeing him on Wendy I am of the opinion he's a creep-o. And yeah yeah, innocent until proven guilty, but I totally believe the abuse allegations and the anger allegations from backstage on DWTS.

I consider myself very liberal - but I can't get on the Rachel M love train. She just has zero appeal to me and I was bummed to see her turn up on WWHL. To me, cerebral guests just bring the show to a grinding halt.

Edited by shopper gal, Apr 20, 2012 @ 6:47 PM.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

I'm so tired of that shitty Jenni Pulos rap bumper music. It's horrible. I want to throw my TV out the window each and every time I hear it.

I love the fact that Andy is ignoring Caroline today.

This show is just a piece of shit now. I couldn't figure out why Skankdashian was on there, but then it dawned on me that her new season starts in a month and E! and Bravo are in the same Comcrap family.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

I couldn't figure out why Skankdashian was on there, but then it dawned on me that her new season starts in a month and E! and Bravo are in the same Comcrap family.

Oh Please NO!! I feel a synergy-based vomit storm coming on.

I would like to know what craptastic imagination is behind the Bravo merchandise? It sucks so hugely and keeps growing worse by the month. The giant (ass) MAZEL boxers are awful looking, the glasses are ridiculous and cheap, and each new piece of clothing is worse than the last. Watching the RHoA reunion (shoot me now), Andy handed out "I'm a TALL" and "I'm a SMALL" tees to the women and you would honestly think that he thought he was handing out the Nobel. This junk is unattractive and not funny. It takes a while for an idea to make its way onto a piece of merchandise, so am I supposed to believe that no one figured out that there is a total lack of anything redeemable in these messages?? I'm sure this is said a lot, especially when connected to Bravo, but my brain hurts from how hard this stuff sucks!

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Trust me, I am no fan of the "KardAssians" but I think Klohe has separated herself from the rest of the trailer park trash known as the Kris-Kardashian Cluster Fuck. She seems to have a sense that the whole facade is nothing more than her pitiful mother craving self fame and attention. I also think she has a brain, (vs. the rest of the idiots in the K-Clan) and will survive.

Another thing I noticed on the show...good grief, Carolyn Manzo looked like something the damn cat drug in! Whats up with the ugly hair? It gets worse every time I see her. She looks so tired and over it all. It looks to me like perhaps all is not going so well with the Manzo clan.

Cockapoo2

Cockapoo2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

The other was John Slattery and he just so smooth, cool & suave and so funny .

I thought John Slattery was humorless and a complete bore. I'm always so dissappointed when actors I love on the small screen seem so lack lustre in 'real life'.

Rashida, on the other hand, is a fire cracker. Loved her.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:44 AM

Trust me, I am no fan of the "KardAssians" but I think Klohe has separated herself from the rest of the trailer park trash known as the Kris-Kardashian Cluster Fuck. She seems to have a sense that the whole facade is nothing more than her pitiful mother craving self fame and attention. I also think she has a brain, (vs. the rest of the idiots in the K-Clan) and will survive.

I think the further away the K girls get from their fame-chasing mother, the better. I noticed when Kourtney became a mother, she calmed down a lot, and quit getting into so much of the "I hate Kim" storylines. Then Khloe was doing them, until she met and married Lamar Odom, and then she focused on her marriage, and stopped clubbing. Just when I think I hate "The Kardashians", they start breaking off and becoming human beings. Now I just wish Kim would get the hell off every tabloid cover and gossip blog, and let someone else onto them for a while.

Back OT: I think half the reason Andy put Kathy Griffin back on Bravo on a talk show is because he sucks as a talk show host himself. I thought Jay Leno sucked up to celebrities, but Andy Cohen puts Jay to shame, because Andy sucks up to celebrities AND the Bravo-lebrities. Also, he's way too much into his own self-created memes, such as the Disco Nene video, or Mazel and Jackhole. It's cute for a taste, not for a swallow.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

Does anyone get Creep-dar from James VanDer Beek... or am i the only one? He was just oh so "too cool for school" that you were almost certain he was annoyed with some of the questions and especially when Gabourey answered the last pt5 question for him with he slept with Joshua Jackson... i caught i pause on his face... for half a second he wasn't cool. I must admit.. he does look better with age.. but he's so prickish looking.

I adore the old school rumor that John Wesley Shipp, Dawson's DAD, was killed off because he was banging James.

Andy seems these days to annoy his guest on his own damn show. They treat him like the "special/dorky" kid in school that everyone caters too and ignores when he's drooling on peanut butter splattered shirt or smells like vomit and urine... or wears his pants backwards.. his own guest look at him like "Oh andy..." This doesn't bode well for him.

Yet i still watch the show nightly because it's the only show in which random, unscripted quirks happens.. very cable access charm..

Gabourey was a sweet heart.. i think she just CANT loose weight.

Oh and it annoys me too that he has this look of annoyance when the line doesn't patch through immediately as if his callers are dumb. He approaches this show..which he has been doing for THREE YEARS, still as if he's a teenager whose parents bought him a camera and allowed him to use the basement and he's just mimicking what he sees late night hosts do TV.. as if he's running the motions through his head.. which is why half the time Andy appears as if he's not even really there... someone will say something directly to him or drop a serious answer and he'll just nod and his brows will furl and he'll look interested or concerned and then a second later he'll be like "Oh GAME TIME!!"...

Andy is SOOO dense, i don't think it FULLY registered to him tonight that no one thinks the sweet brown woman is funny anymore.. much less the card board cutout of her saying "I got no time for that." How much do you wanna bet he'll continue that gag up until August no matter how many people sit in silence afterwards... just like that NeNe disco dancing clip which was BARELY funny the very first time it aired?

Edited by Jack Kash, Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:14 AM.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:12 AM

Andy is SOOO dense, i don't think it FULLY registered to him tonight that no one thinks the sweet brown woman is funny anymore.. much less the card board cutout of her saying "I got no time for that." How much do you wanna bet he'll continue that gag up until August no matter how many people sit in silence afterwards... just like that NeNe disco dancing clip which was BARELY funny the very first time it aired?

You forgot the Gia Guidice modeling clip...

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Gabourey telling that Joan Cusack story was awkward. I've never heard Gabourey talk honestly about trying to lose weight, but I really hope she gets some help before it is too late because she seems like a wonderful person.

AbbyCourt

AbbyCourt

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

I've never heard Gabourey talk honestly about trying to lose weight, but I really hope she gets some help before it is too late because she seems like a wonderful person.

She IS a charming, sweet, delightful and smart young woman. She is also morbidly obese which, as Joan Cusack told her, IS holding her back professionally and personally, whether she wants to believe that or not. Her life could be so much more if she was, physically, so much less.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Currently watching.... Jason Mraz looks horrible and methy...and he's sending out creepy gay vibes...not andy gay vibes.. creepy gay vibes. is he in the "i want to be taken seriously" phase. He does not look like he wants to be there. Those are the shows that are uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by Jack Kash, Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:05 PM.

Ms Sugarbaker

Ms Sugarbaker

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

he in the "i want to be taken seriously" phase.

He shouldn't have a pirate hairstyle then.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Jason Mraz looks horrible and methy

He so did, with his pimply face, dingy teeth and picking at his beard. He wasn't too bad of a guest, but there was a definite creepy vibe about him.

Why no drinking game?

Shprintze

Shprintze

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

Was it just me or was Jason Mraz's shirt filthy? It looked like it had all these sticky white patches. No judgement except if you are going on the tv box, wear something clean. And would it kill you to wear a button down and a sports coat or even a tie? No? Ok, how about something clean. Jenna, you're a good sport but you have terrible taste.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

I am such a BIG Rachel fan that sometimes I wish I were a Lesbian. Charming is the perfect word. She was even charming in that high school graduation speech. I thank Andy for inviting a brilliant guest I thought he'd never even consider

It's never too late, FormerNun. Come take a walk on the wild side. (I kid.) I want to be Rachel when I grow up. Everything about her warms my heart. How can one person be so attractive, personable, smart and funny? Life's just not fair.

But otherwise he really is a complete moron.

He really is. Wonky-eye aside he is either high or drunk during every show. He is such a semi-star wanker it's embarrassing. He can't even control his own show. I find it fascinating that he and Julie Chen were both interns at CBS in 1990. It's a good thing for Julie that Les Moonves wasn't gay. We all know how Julie moved up the CBS ladder, but who did Andy screw to move up in Bravo/NBC/Universal/Comcast?

With the idiocy of his Plead the 5th, his horribly-punned quizzes, and his sucktitude at interviewing how the hell did he get this gig? Was it really as simple as him hiring himself? He must have bosses that he reports to. But as long as he's whoring out his product line TPTB must be happy. If people kill themselves in the process, so be it. As long as that coin still flows in.

If I didn't feel it was such a waste of talent (and jealous it wasn't me sitting and talking with Rachel) having her present, I could have perhaps appreciated the hilarious senior photo and graduation speech.

Can you please scooch over and make room for me on that jealousy chair?

If Andy and Jeff Lewis didn't exist in reality TV they would have been created by some mad scientist.

And Drift is so easy to read and less than three hundred pages; would it kill Cohen to actually read the book? Or even read the inside cover?

Read? Andy? That's what he has people for.

I'm so tired of that shitty Jenni Pulos rap bumper music. It's horrible. I want to throw my TV out the window each and every time I hear it.

You and me both. It's horrible and not even funny horrible. Please don't hurt your TV. TVs are your friend.

This show is just a piece of shit now. I couldn't figure out why Skankdashian was on there, but then it dawned on me that her new season starts in a month and E! and Bravo are in the same Comcrap family.

Great. Now because of Bravo/NBC/Universal/Comcast/E! we get cross-promotion with those skanks. Has America lost their collective minds? They're willing to pay these skunts (yeah, I made it up, but think about it) $40M a year? For what? I hear all this talk of people losing their homes and jobs, but they're willing to support these idiots to the tune of forty mil. Fortunately, I don't know a single person who watches this nonsense. But what are the others thinking: "Screw the mortgage, forget about quality food, the health insurance bill can wait, just gimme some E!" I'm not sure which E they're talking about.

Sadly, she hasn't. She is every bit a part of the $40M deal. And what's even sadder is that the $40M only covers the main show. Khloe will still get more for her own show. Just shoot me now.

Jason Mraz looks horrible and methy

Cuz he is. Allegedly. With respect to meth. The "looks horrible" would stand up in any court.

With respect to those who feel otherwise, I will never understand what anyone sees in this creep. Looks? Nope. Voice? Nope. Body? Nope. Personality? Nope. I'd rather sleep with a hobo. (I mean no offense to hobos.)

Was it just me or was Jason Mraz's shirt filthy? It looked like it had all these sticky white patches.

He's a pig. There. I said it.

Edited by Xingu, Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:53 AM.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:06 AM

Was it just me or was Jason Mraz's shirt filthy? It looked like it had all these sticky white patches.

That bothered me too.. i was debating whether his shirt had just different patches of shades of black or whether it was actually dirty. His teeth, his face and his hair looked a mess and his eyes were at times crazy... so i would surmise that all the corroborating evidence points to his shirt also being dirty. Which is SO not what this dude is selling.. i don't listen to radio pop.. but from what he know he basically write folkish pop for broke straight white men to get straight white women (under 40) into bed.

I thought that Kathy would be better than WWHL and brought in to eventually replace this tertiary show.. which for some reason all of us in this thread still watch to some degree.. however I find Kathy boring and at least with this show you do have the odd celebrity pairing to look forward to.. susan lucci and some-other-celebrity-who-can't -remember-now-but-i'm-sure-she-would-never-ordinarily-share-space-with. I'm SO certain Andy will embarass himself in front of Lucci and make her play a dumbass game with some forced soap pun or word in it and will ask her ridiculous questions during pt5 that she would not ordinarily answer.

I think by now, most of watch for the trainwreck aspect..and the real drinking game should be take swig or shot every time Andy says something deafeningly dumb, embarasses himself or a guest looks as if they've just mentally regreted coming into his studio OR every time Andy makes that "Adorable puppy that just peed in your lap" face.

Diane Chambers

Diane Chambers

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

I can't believe I wasted time watching the Kelly Osbourne/Jac Laurita episode. I don't know why Kelly is even a public figure anymore - does anyone even care about her opinion on anything? And Jac Laurita was given an easy out on every question. I know Andy routinely allows his favorite Housewives to slide by, but is Jac one of Andy's favorites now?