Watch What Happens: Live

• Please log in to reply

1862 replies to this topic

zippergirl

zippergirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

The only thing that could have made JB Smoove's appearance less funny would be to have Sandra Bernhard on it as well. NOT FUNNY (and I say this as a Curb fan).

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:18 AM

Caught last night's episode today and it's one of the most boring I've seen in a while. The guy tried too hard to be funny and Shannon wasn't interesting enough, you can tell when Andy knows the show isn't going well and it definitely showed last night!

It gave me a cold Dick-Cheney like shiver to hear Clay call Trump his "friend" and give the thumbs up to Trump Jr. for killing African wildlife

Rumor has it Clay is one of the finalists on Apprentice, so it makes sense he wouldn't scold Donald or his son.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

The only thing that could have made JB Smoove's appearance less funny would be to have Sandra Bernhard on it as well. NOT FUNNY (and I say this as a Curb fan).

That was definitely a letdown. Shannon Elizabeth is just like a funny vortex, anything funny that came out of JB's mouth was immediately neutralized by a beam of Shannon's stoic un-funniness (and overall lack of sense of humor). She is like kryptonite to funny! His take on Larry's parking-lot film was pretty damn funny though, "Larry David is Larry Damn David!"

Rumor has it Clay is one of the finalists on Apprentice, so it makes sense he wouldn't scold Donald or his son.

I can't believe Donald Trump's idiot empire sucked the "bitch, please" attitude out of Clay though. I have always given him credit for shutting Kelly Ripa up. There are probably a million little barbs he could have gotten by Donald, talk about selling one's soul to the Devil...

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

This show has gotten progressively unfunny over the past year. It's way too campy now.

Probably the most annoying part of the entire show is the idiotic bumper music with Jenni Pulos doing her annoying vocals. Ugh...who ever told this chick that she has talent?

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

I can't believe they brought up that education commercial to Shannen's face! That commercial really is humiliating, but Andy didn't ask if she really needs the money that badly. But I gotta admit, the question of "Name 3 nice things about Alyssa Milano" was pretty great.

And I thought JB Smoove was pretty funny, and my reading of Andy wasn't that he didn't think he was funny, but that he was scared that JB kept saying more than the one word answers that the show usually expects out of the guests to keep things moving. Plus I think JB drank a lot in a short amount of time.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Doherty was on the View yesterday and they brought up her "going back to school" although nothing about the commercial specifically. They asked what she's majoring in and she replied "Liberal Arts." lol...nice "major."

Lost and Found

Lost and Found

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:43 AM

I'm not able to find any "scoop" about this.... but why is Chris Klein sending my gaydar into meltdown overload? Hmmmm....

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

Tori Spelling: eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Pancake through the screen and the best she come can up with is that gay men love her, ugh.

I appreciate the caller mentioning "hooking up with her costar Dean"; if only Brandi could have been on at the same time: homewrecker vs. homewrecked by shitty Lifetime Movie costar take 2.

Yeah Tori, I bet "your costar" too was surprised when inheriting the Spelling mansion became an impossible dream. I think they have the right idea though: no way will Candy not leave them the bulk of change with a small fleet of children and two non-existent careers!

I'm not able to find any "scoop" about this.... but why is Chris Klein sending my gaydar into meltdown overload? Hmmmm....

No Kidding! I last recall Chris from when he dumped a cold-sore covered Katie Holmes who quickly took off to become Tommy's bride, but all of that distance/lack of recognition (sorry, never seen the "Pie" movies and Election was a long, long time ago...) gave me a totally fresh look and the guy reads as comfortably gay. What is it with extremely-pinging guys getting engaged/married to Katie Holmes? He seems a lot better sober, I'm glad for him.

Andy: You are a 3-trick pony at best, and they have been on repeat for months and months now. He keeps bringing addicts on for his drinking-game-themed show, always picks the stupidest "secret words," and cannot - no matter what apparently - manage to get his "hardball" PTF questions answered. And now he's going to force another group of freaks on us via TRHoNY, and then groom them for stardom or failure, great.

And congrats to Chris for being the genius in the room, i.e. the only one in the room who knew that Vicki's gaff was based on forfeiture, classic Andy slam (where he needs directions to the damn bathroom after a 2nd-grade-level pun and losing track of a question 3 words into a sentence) where no one ends up more burned than Andy.

PhillipKyler

PhillipKyler

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

Tonight's "All-Star" party sounds like a mess. Dozens of Housewives on one stage, one hour is not enough for all those egos..

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Tonight's "All-Star" party sounds like a mess. Dozens of Housewives on one stage, one hour is not enough for all those egos.

I flipped between this and another show, but I noticed there was a lot of tension between a lot of the Ho'wives. By tension I mean it seemed a lot of them couldn't even LOOK at each other and most seemed rather stiff and pissy. Vicki, of course, shouter her classic WOO HOO lest we forget it's her 'thing'!

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

Tonight's show was a hot mess.Those housewives almost make me feel ashamed to be a woman after watching how they behave. They can't even get through a simple stupid game without breaking into argument (East Coasters). Melissa Gorga and her fat backup dancers were just pathetic. At least Luann seems in on the joke. Melissa isn't even fit to fill in Britney Spears' shoes on her craziest day.

splitenz

splitenz

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:38 AM

Tonight's show was a hot mess

I had to fast forward through a lot of it. I think the format used to be fun and irreverant. But it was ruined by the host. My dislike for Andy grows more each week. He's such a tool. I fear that soon this show will be out of my DVR queue.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

I had to fast forward through a lot of it. I think the format used to be fun and irreverant. But it was ruined by the host. My dislike for Andy grows more each week. He's such a tool. I fear that soon this show will be out of my DVR queue.

I liked the show better when it was on once or twice a week, initially mainly as an 'aftershow' for the Real Housewives, but also having at least relevant guests, stars who were also actual BravoTV fans. It has also almost become a parody of itself, way too much camp and crap.

jakespike

jakespike

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I couldn't watch it, too much yelling and of course, Andy totally lost control of everything so the only thing heard was shrieking. Just terrible.

ETA

His take on Larry's parking-lot film was pretty damn funny though, "Larry David is Larry Damn David!"

i quite liked JB. Andy didn't know how to handle him tho because he didn't kiss Andy's ass and he really took over the show.

Edited by jakespike, Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:14 PM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

Did Andy mess up or was he correct: "Do the curtains match the drapes?" Normally, one would have asked, "Does the carpet match the drapes?" This was his "joke" to Kathy Griffin.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

To me, Andy has lost all appeal, considering he produced or was responsible for all of these shows. No credibility left when it comes to him.
I used to enjoy the first few Real Housewife's shows until they went to the low class bunch that I think they should have titled " Dumpster-Diving in Atlanta" and from there on every show was like " Lowest class of the Wanna be Celeb's"

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

With respect, this should have been spoiler tagged.

Tori Spelling: eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Pancake through the screen and the best she come can up with is that gay men love her, ugh.

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww squared. Well, not this gay guy. I hate her with the power of a thousand nuns.

I'm not able to find any "scoop" about this.... but why is Chris Klein sending my gaydar into meltdown overload? Hmmmm...

Cuz he is? Just speculating. If he's not gay, then I need to tell my partner that I'm straight. Because obviously I need to join those whack-jobs on Doomsday Preppers, as the world must have turned on it's axis--what's up is down, what's left is right, what's gay is straight. But having never seen him before I did find him adorable, snarky, fun and hot. (Honest to Pete, I thought he was a Calvin Klein offspring.) I really need to renew my EW subscription.

Last night's All-Stars had to be the worst (or best) clusterfuck I have ever seen on TV. Those 5 new shows have to be among the most ridiculous shows I have ever seen. I didn't think I could hate any cast more than Shahs, but I think Andy has outdone himself. Repulsive. Every single one of them. He cares nothing about quality, he just cares about the money.

Andy should be very happy he's his own boss. No one else would ever have him host. He makes Ryan Seacrest look like Olivier.

They showed a clip of the new NYC housewives where they were all fighting and saying nasty shit about each other. And then on the show they're all happy and dancing together. IT'S ALL FUCKING STAGED. I hate it and I'm sick of it. I wish a former housewife would blow the lid off this facade. But they're probably all tied to confidentiality agreements.

I've seen high school stage shows produced better than this. It was embarrassing. The producers must have come over from Anderson's show.

And Andy was proud that he did this show with no cocktail? Hmm, he never mentioned not smoking a little something.

Did Andy mess up or was he correct: "Do the curtains match the drapes?"

He fucked up. It's "Do the curtains match the carpet?" or "Does the collar match the cuffs?". They are all "C" words, it's not that complicated. Unless one is high. The curtains will always match the drapes because they are synonymous.

"Lowest class of the Wanna be Celeb's"

That sums up every show on Bravo.

While I saw clips of Brad on this Clusterfuck, I don't remember seeing him. Does this mean no more Brad? One can only hope. I can't believe Andy is bringing back that Pope chick. Yuk.

On a high note that backup dancer for Melissa was incredible. The guy in the back on the left. His moves were amazing. He was both sharp and fluid at the same time. His timing was impeccable. He really should be on SYTYCD. I'd love to know who he is. I was transfixed by him. I replayed that part several times, and it sure as hell wasn't because the singing. But I'll take Melissa's singing any day over that of the Countess. If that could even be considered singing.

But that's Andy "Anything For a Buck" Cohen. Quality be damned. Does anyone actually buy anything on shopbybravo.com? I'm not judging, I'm just curious.

Edited by Xingu, Apr 7, 2012 @ 3:53 AM.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:10 AM

I just watched this thing again when it re-ran at 3am EDT (when I couldn't sleep). That Battle Royale with the Real Housewives was embarrassing. One thing I noticed was that Vicki seemed to be saying "I'm in charge" or something to that effect. Manzo also kept screaming out "I SAID THAT" whenever Andy spoke the correct answer. Nice egos you skanks. Manzo is an uneducated moron who tries to sound smart and come across as having class, but sounds like an idiot.

This "production" should go in the Pantheon of shitty shows along with Joe Millionaire and The Swan.

WWHL reminds me of what happened with Who Wants To Be a Millionaire...they saw some success with it being on once or twice a week and then beat it into the ground by running in 58 times a week. The show has lost its way. Andy has gotten more in bed with these "stars" and now WWHL is just a kiss-ass fest. Will I continue to watch it? Sure...it's like a train wreck.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:20 AM

I just watched this thing again when it re-ran at 3am EDT (when I couldn't sleep). That Battle Royale with the Real Housewives was embarrassing. One thing I noticed was that Vicki seemed to be saying "I'm in charge" or something to that effect. Manzo also kept screaming out "I SAID THAT" whenever Andy spoke the correct answer. Nice egos you skanks. Manzo is an uneducated moron who tries to sound smart and come across as having class, but sounds like an idiot.

This "production" should go in the Pantheon of shitty shows along with Joe Millionaire and The Swan.

WWHL reminds me of what happened with Who Wants To Be a Millionaire...they saw some success with it being on once or twice a week and then beat it into the ground by running in 58 times a week. The show has lost its way. Andy has gotten more in bed with these "stars" and now WWHL is just a kiss-ass fest. Will I continue to watch it? Sure...it's like a train wreck.

I love your comments, they were really well thought. There's only one thing worse than not being able to sleep, and that's getting up and watching crap like this.

But wait a minute, did I totally space out and miss Caroline Manzo? Or is it another Manzo of which you speak? Was it Dina? I thought she was gone? All these housewives are beginning to look alike. And not in a good way.

I think TWoP should start a new forum: "Pantheon of Shitty Shows". Sadly, everything I watch would be there, but at least it one be in one convenient place. I still miss Joe Millionaire and The Swan. That was some sick TV. But even better was that dating show where the men wore masks. That was really fucked up.

Yep, you're right, Bravo is going to drive WWHL into the ground; just as ABC did with Millionaire.

I thought the "Take the Fifth" BS was only a promo for his move to five nights a week. But, sadly it's still there. And it's horrible. Hell, if Kathy Griffin can't make it fun, no one can. His polls are stupid. And I can't name the number of times I never see the results. Not that I care.

The biggest problem for me with WWHL is that Andy is in bed with most of the guests (literally and figuratively) and it takes away from the spontaneity. Outside of cancer, there's nothing worse than a good show that goes bad because the star becomes bigger than the show. Are you there Chelsea? It's me, Xingu.

Edited by Xingu, Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:29 AM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Are you there Chelsea? It's me, Xingu.

Word.

While I saw clips of Brad on this Clusterfuck, I don't remember seeing him. Does this mean no more Brad? One can only hope. I can't believe Andy is bringing back that Pope chick. Yuk.

Brad was there - he was featured during the red carpet mess with Ziola (who I love) but really having her dress as a maid each and every time is getting old.

I still do enjoy WWHL, but I find that I watch it on DVR more often then not vs. when it was on three times a week I made a point to stay up for it.

My gaydar must really be off, I finally caught the Chris Klein episode and I liked him, and he didn't come off as gay to me. What did he do that has you all speculating he's gay?

Rosie Pope is coming back? Ugh stho sthupid. I guess the black assistant wasn't that bad. You could get her and Sthuie from BBW together and have a lisp off. Gag me.

Elliot52

Elliot52

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I don't know exactly what I feel about WWHL. Sometimes I really like an episode, others I watch a few minutes and delete it. I only watched a few min of the Tori / Chris Klien episode, gaydar went off big time.

Edited by Elliot52, Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:40 PM.

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

How can LuLu sing about having class when she's wiggling her ass at the cam the whole time I didn't get that and the Housewives are so obnoxious Vicki saying she was the boss of everyone all of the yelling with the guessing game they were playing. Those women were awful. NeNe comes across as absurdly pretentious, some people can't handle success, its really gotten to her head. For all of Andy's outlandishness at times, the man sure knows how to make a buck, all you need are to put together some obnoxious wannabe stars/starlets and let them go at it, he knows the public loves all the drama.

Edited by corrinthos, Apr 9, 2012 @ 4:32 PM.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

Bawahahaha!! O . m . g

Tonight was as painful as getting prison raped by a 400 lbs. Samoan with a steel penis, no lube.

You could see a thought bubble over John Benjamin Hickeys face that read "What am i doing here? I don't belong here.. i'm smarter than this. I don't want people to know i know Andy Cohen in any personal capacity. How did i get here?"

Even down to when he knew what Harringbone was and Monica and Andy had no idea of the original meaning you could tell he felt like he was slumming on tv..and he was. He was pretty much a good sport.

It got WORSE after Monica sailed through the tired ass PT5 game with her fake smile and already planned dodging tactic. Then Andy brought up his amazing idea: How about you and Brandy do the all black version of Wicked and call it Blick-ed!

Thats gonna end up on the Soup for sure!! hahahaha.... omg.. i can't believe he said that. Did he inherit Whitneys crack pipe and toked up before the show. Andy has this grin that just won't go away. I imagine he'd be difficult to curse out .. he'd just be standing there with that silly grin egging you on to say worse and worse things towards him. ugggh. he HAS to be single.

Edited by Jack Kash, Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:57 AM.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:38 AM

I used to enjoy the first few Real Housewife's shows until they went to the low class bunch that I think they should have titled " Dumpster-Diving in Atlanta" and from there on every show was like " Lowest class of the Wanna be Celeb's"

What do you think is present in Atlanta that makes the cast low class vs. others?

Even down to when he knew what Harringbone was and Monica and Andy had no idea of the original meaning you could tell he felt like he was slumming on tv..and he was. He was pretty much a good sport.

It got WORSE after Monica sailed through the tired ass PT5 game with her fake smile and already planned dodging tactic. Then Andy brought up his amazing idea: How about you and Brandy do the all black version of Wicked and call it Blick-ed!

Herring bone is actually a pattern that I don't know originated with clothing. Monica was correct that it is a style of necklace that was really popular in the 90's. Andy is the one who mistook houndstooth for herringbone.

Thats gonna end up on the Soup for sure!! hahahaha.... omg.. i can't believe he said that. Did he inherit Whitneys crack pipe and toked up before the show.

There was no crack in her system according to the autopsy and she famously said she didn't do crack because it was wack, so maybe Andy borrowed one from Courtney Love, Demi Lovato or one of the vintage rockers who have done everything under the sun.

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Oh man! I was looking forward to Jo de la Rosa getting grilled tonight but she must've punked out since now Kristen Chenowith is in the clubhouse with Jeana Keough :/

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:12 AM

Man, Jeana Keough appears to be single-handedly supporting the anti-depressant industry. There's slightly more affect than in previous years, but Jesus, she just makes you glad to be not-her, and not living in that house with the weird (still) husband!

Kristen Chenowith is a gift. She had nothing but lovely things to say about/to Andy and Jeana (and I was half afraid Jeana was going to open her mouth pack-man style and chomp! Kristen), perhaps it comes down to being an actress, but that's Oscar-worthy material she's giving. On what planet does Andy deserve to call her a friend?

What is it with Andy not knowing how to take a phone call on the show? I mean, this should be a skill he has under control at this point. Instead, it's the same confusion over and over: he's psyched "HI CALLER!!" and when they try to say their name/where they're calling from Andy goes all (shifty eyes, boredom setting in) "What's your question caller?" (rush, rush and boredom).

Anderson Cooper, why (and when) did you decide to come slumming back to Bravo? I think he's been off the Ho'wives for months now. Anderson, just keep walking...

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

I took about 90% of what Chenowith said as being tongue-in-cheek.

I just love how Jeana said this about Tamra getting the implants removed: "with all the stuff going around right now, you can't tell if cancer is behind there." Yeah, cancer is going around right now...better run to Walgreens and get your cancer shot.

I really hate that WWHL has devolved into another promo stop for stars. I think what really has doomed the show in my eyes is that it is 95% scripted...there's no spontaneity anymore.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

What is it with Andy not knowing how to take a phone call on the show? I mean, this should be a skill he has under control at this point. Instead, it's the same confusion over and over: he's psyched "HI CALLER!!" and when they try to say their name/where they're calling from Andy goes all (shifty eyes, boredom setting in) "What's your question caller?" (rush, rush and boredom)

This bugs me too. And anytime there is a lag in the connection, he gets a weird look on his face as if he thinks the caller is mentally slow in some way and like its not the fault of the connection.

Poor Jeana. Last night she looked like a first-class loser next to Kristin Chenowith. Andy praised Kristen and gave her most of the airtime and pretty much ignored Jeana and gave a pitiful "nice to see you" at the end. Andy didn't even have Jeana PT5. I guess the point of inviting her was to make what Jo's life seem better than Jeana's in comparison but when Jo was a no-show he had no use for Jeana.

Edited by Billie Jean, Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:09 PM.

Shprintze

Shprintze

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

Didn't John Benjamin Hickey and Andy date for a short time? I seem to have this Andy trivia rattling around in my brain, as Andy would say. So disappointed to see the awesome Martha Plimpton slumming it on WWH. It's just a car crash on the side of the freeway that I can't look away from. Help!

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

The show has been hit or miss for me. I guess it depends on the guest(s). Maybe, it has too many reality stars for me. Tonight's show was really good. Rashida Jones whom I didn't know at all (I'm 47..kind of old I guess) and now I really like her. She was so funny and it seemed like she is a really nice person. The other was John Slattery and he just so smooth, cool & suave and so funny . Apprently, both he & Rashida know each other which made the show a lot funnier than usual. Great show & great guest. Who knew going way gray could look so good!??