Watch What Happens: Live

• Please log in to reply

1862 replies to this topic

pixie721

pixie721

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 7:00 PM

From Bravo:

Watch What Happens: Live! is set to premiere Thursday, July 16th at 12AM, and you'll want to tune in for our very first live, topical show! Bravo's very own Andy Cohen will sit down with a Bravolebrity lineup, as well as other notables from the world of entertainment, to chat about what has transpired on-air and in pop culture that week. The half-hour extravaganza is LIVE, and will cover everything from Housewives drama to fashion trends.

Bravo viewers will finally have a chance to get up-close and personal not only with Cohen and his guests, but also with their favorite Bravolebrities by interacting via email, phone, video, Twitter and Facebook. So don't be left out - Watch What Happens: Live this summer!

Proof-positive that Andy Cohen is indeed the anti-christ.

I wasn't sure where this belonged. Candid Reality? Pop-Culture? Talk shows?

Edited by pixie721, Jul 13, 2009 @ 11:06 PM.

Strega

Strega

Network Executive

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 11:23 PM

("Bravolebrities." Wow, that rolls off the tongue.)

I'm going to put this in Talk Show for now based on the the format, but I can see Pop Culture as applicable, too, so after it's aired a couple of times we'll see if we need to reconsider the placement.

mrsolive

mrsolive

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 12:06 PM

Andy's blog on Bravo (July 13) lists Danielle as one of his guests for the premiere episode.

pixie721

pixie721

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 12:37 PM

mrsolive, why did you tell me that? Now I'll have to watch.

Are you working with Andy Cohen on his campaign to corrupt the masses?

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 1:02 PM

Even though I don't have cable anymore, I'd go out of my way to not watch this. I hate Andy Cohen as a host. He's not likeable, he's not funny, he adds nothing except an anti-charisma hole around my t.v. And, like a swarm of cockroaches, he never really goes away.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 7:37 PM

A half-hour extravaganza! Isn't that an oxymoron?

Damn, I'm trying to break up with Bravo. Ringing my bell at midnight for a quickie?!?

mrsolive

mrsolive

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 10:00 AM

mrsolive, why did you tell me that? Now I'll have to watch.

pixie: I don't want to watch it alone!

ipsodixie

ipsodixie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 1:37 PM

Damn, I'm trying to break up with Bravo. Ringing my bell at midnight for a quickie?!?

I suspect that this show will be aired a million times a week, and, since it's only a half hour, will probably be aired twice back to back; to make up the hour time slots Bravo usually does.

And, since it can't be said enough: Andy Cohen has zero charisma, no sex appeal, and, doesn't seem too bright (at least at getting an interesting interview) - so, as entertainment program director, he decided on himself as the host.

And, then there's that eye thing; maybe they'll film him only in profile. One can hope.

Bravolebrities, indeed! More like Assholebrities!

Bwaaah!!

Edited by ipsodixie, Jul 16, 2009 @ 3:17 PM.

nejb1

nejb1

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 10:05 PM

And yet, here I am at t-minus 57 minutes because I heard Valtrex's poster girl is going to be on Andy's first "talk" show.

I have no respect for him, Danibev, or myself.

My name is nejb1, and I am Bravo's bitch.

sigh.

pixie721

pixie721

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:30 PM

I'm not drunk enough for that to be watchable. The universe doesn't contain enough alcohol for that to be watchable.

I stand by my earlier comment. Andy Cohen is the anti-christ. How many gallons of spray tan did they use on him? Could his nose be any browner? Fuck you, Bravo.

I waited for ish to call in and ask Danielle to explain her comments about every girl needing a gay entourage, but, alas, ish didn't get through. I don't believe them about the phones. They didn't want Danielle taking live hate-fan-calls, and they needed extra time to sort through the calls.

Pot shouldn't be legal? Ok, Danielle. Just cocaine then? Got it.

I'm Bravo's bitch, too. I hate myself. Time to do the walk of shame.

Beli

Beli

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:33 PM

This was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

nejb1

nejb1

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

Such a small consolation pixie, but at LEAST it wasn't an hour-long show. Good golly! Andrew with a whiskey buzz? So much more disturbing than normal Andy.

I am at a loss -- how to cleanse myself from actually being alert and on time for this train wreck and more importantly, how to ensure that I am not here, same time next week, venting about how much that man irritates me.

I need a hiatus to brace myself for the klassiness that is to come out of ATL on the 30th :)

Terjen

Terjen

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:38 PM

Andy Cohen is the anti-christ.

Personally, this was the first time he did not annoy the hell out of me. He had more of a pair with Danielle than I thought he would (of course my expectations were Death Valley low). I may watch next week.

So Danielle has a friend named Angela who just happened to encourage her to give a number to Dina's ex? Wasn't Angela her hooker name? I bet that was the name of her imaginary friend growing up that she blamed everything on, like Tuttle from MASH. Danielle looked like ass, though her skirt was cute.

I really enjoyed watching Caroline's freak out again. For whatever reason, it just gets funnier everytime I see it, especially the part where she says she is not fake then scrunches up her face and tries to squeeze out a tear.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:43 PM

Wow. Andy Cohen is an even bigger tool. How is that possible? This means he can be seen from Outer Space then, right? Did he spend the whole half hour just grinning like a donkey trying to eat peanut butter? If he were any more pleased with himself we would have had to put a quarter in a slot to make the curtain go back up after 90 seconds.

As a gay man I feel like I should go out and screw a woman out of protest. A lesbian in fact.

Watch What Happens? First show for the deaf and blind.

ETA

Danielle looked like ass, though her skirt was cute.

I muted her. So all I had was an occasional glancing at. But to me that skirt made her look like she was crapping an exploding bean bag chair out of her ass. And her face had a little more pull and tug. Her jaw was getting whiplash every time she tried to NOT smile.

Edited by heebiejeebie, Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:48 PM.

mrsolive

mrsolive

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 8:37 AM

Wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were certainly many awkward moments. I have forgotten how he refers to those things that pique his interest (e.g. Papa Jackson, Levi Johnston, etc., ) but that stuff was directly from his blog where I learned that Danielle was going to be his first guest.

Danielle, you are in your late 40s now, dress like an adult woman. As I posted in the other thread, her outfit made me think that she was trying (too hard) to put together something sort of "Carrie Bradshaw" since SJP was calling in. The bra, shoes, and crinoline all reminded me of something ugly Carrie would have worn.

I did enjoy Andy's jabs at her about her legal "dream" team. She is such an ass. I especially liked the face he made when he was being self-deprecating and he said that she probably had more lawyers working for her than they had viewers, and she agreed. And so much she cannot say because of litigation! I wonder when her "agent" is going to tell her that the only reason people are interested in her is because of what she isn't telling so she had better start 'fessing up or she will lose her audience.

I also loved it when she knocked on her "fat free" forehead to demonstrate that it has calcified or something because of the botox. "See, you can hear it!"

Oh, and Danielle, your fans thank you so much for the shout-out. I would bet that her legal team also outnumbers her fans.

Edited by mrsolive, Jul 17, 2009 @ 9:04 AM.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 4:06 PM

I fell asleep 7 minutes in to the extravaganza. I may watch every Thursday just to assure myself a good night's sleep once a week.

valdawn

valdawn

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 7:08 PM

Biggest waste of Tv space I have ever seen. 1st of all, who the hell decided we want Andy Cohens opinion on anything? I could really care less about anything he has to say. But at least Andy if you are going to have the balls to ask questions to Danielle or anyone else, at least have some sense to keep asking about what the hell your talking about until the persons answer makes sense and actually answers the damn question!
Oh like a mob hit? Give me a fucking break Andy. .Like you thought for one minute thats what she meant when she said contracts~ What an idiot!

Edited because you can't call someone an idiot and spell it wrong

Edited by valdawn, Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:39 AM.

Auntie Diane

Auntie Diane

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 19, 2009 @ 6:07 PM

I would bet that her legal team also outnumbers her fans.

Bet her legal team does NOT outnumber her plastic surgeons ..

Mimi10022

Mimi10022

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 1:49 PM

1st of all, who the hell decided we want Andy Cohens opinion on anything? I could really care less about anything he has to say

Why, Andy Cohen, of course.
Perhaps Bravo went looking for the most unctuous person on the planet to put on air and found him in their own midst.

mrsolive

mrsolive

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 4:37 PM

All right, am I the only fool to watch last night's installment? I am not sure if it was better or worse than the innaugural. I guess better since Isaac didn't appear to be pulling any punches. The whole Mark and Kelly Newlywed Game via Skype was strange. I found it a little surreal that Andy and Issac M. were all into Mark and Kelly's sex-life. I don't really find M & K all that tittilating. The fact that M & K were skyping in and playing this game from wherever there son has been at summer camp was also sort of "uncleansy" to me. Not sure how long this will last.

ETA: I just realized after posting that I have made myself look like even a bigger loser by admitting that I watched. I make me sad.

Edited by mrsolive, Jul 24, 2009 @ 4:41 PM.

ipsodixie

ipsodixie

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 6:19 PM

Since this topic is on the front page, thought I would just add a couple of comments. I noticed that this crap fest will be showing in a few minutes at the half hour. Like anyone cares.

I would imagine that no woman on the planet is at all interested in Mizrahi, as probably too many of us saw him on live television at a red carpet event, just reach up and fondle the breast of a certain Hollywood starlet. The network who hired him for that gig, fired him, as well they should have.

Only Bravo would hire him, but, then they have Andy Cohen working for them, so it makes some sort of sense. Whatever Andy or Mizrahi have to say is, to me, of zero interest.

And, Kelly and her husband, I don't watch her on her daily show, because she is on it, and, have no interest in whatever she and her husband have to say.

Poor Andy, he thought he would have a talk show that people would actually watch; but, for me, he has made his reputation already by being a boring, uninteresting syncophat, when he takes over reunion shows or finale wrap-ups.

I don't think he's up-front material; seemingly no sex appeal, no charisma, no snappy patter routine, no ability for repartee, no brain function other than hosting questionable Bravo crap.

edited to add: it is too sad for words, but, Andy Cohen is a VP of whatever at Bravo. I feel so sorry for the subordinates at that facility having to kiss up to him and make him feel like he can do no wrong (think, Hardy and the Miami craptacular, and, the NYC preppie version of no interest).

It must be a living hell to work at Bravo!!

Edited by ipsodixie, Jul 24, 2009 @ 6:30 PM.

pixie721

pixie721

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 30, 2009 @ 11:11 PM

I hate to admit it but I used to love Kelly and Mark because I was an All My Children addict from early childhood. Practically born on the junk. Even I found their segment wretched. Thank god I was doing other things while it was airing, because if I had paid full attention to that drive I may have blown a forehead vein.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2009 @ 11:18 PM

I don't think he's up-front material; seemingly no sex appeal, no charisma, no snappy patter routine, no ability for repartee, no brain function other than hosting questionable Bravo crap.

What? You don't find the donkey from Shrek a scintillating talk show host? Well the donkey without the clever writing or Eddie Murphy's delivery? What is the opposite of anthropomorphic by the way? Though to be fair it is not so much the opposite as it is anthromorphism turned back on itself.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 8:24 PM

I would imagine that no woman on the planet is at all interested in Mizrahi, as probably too many of us saw him on live television at a red carpet event, just reach up and fondle the breast of a certain Hollywood starlet. The network who hired him for that gig, fired him, as well they should have.

I do not know why, but I hate that man. It's not helping that they cast him as the host of their lame Project Runway rip-off either.

OMG you all need to watch the video from last night when Kim excuse me "Trashbox" calls Andy's show & fights with Nene. HILAREOUS I laughed for the whole nine minutes Trashbox calls in

It was amusing, but it got old watching those two behave like children for several minutes. One thing, though; I couldn't help but notice a Childcraft Encyclopedia set behind Nene, which I found ironically appropriate.

Mamasheena

Mamasheena

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2009 @ 9:14 AM

I too find this show hard to watch. I watch Bravo regularly and for the most part enjoy their programming (miss Project Runway and am nervous to see it on Lifetime). Andy is fine on the reunion shows (Top Chef/Project Runway/Housewives), and I think he is adorable (crosseyed and all), but don't like him on this show. Sitting there drinking whiskey is awkward too. I think he's trying to be "Dean Martin", and it aint workn'!

The first show with Danielle was boring (and I so agree about her outfit befitting something Carrie Bradshaw, WTF?). The second show with Isaac and Kelly Ripa/Mark Consuelos was more interesting, although those are NOT the two gay guys I'd like to see sitting around cocktails and dishing the dirt. I missed the last episode with the Atlanta Housewife - but I do remember seeing the Childcraft Encyclopedia set on the other shows as well (I had one as a child, what memories! lol).

Edited by Mamasheena, Aug 13, 2009 @ 9:38 AM.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

I get the impression this is Bravo's attempt at making their own watered-down version of The Soup. This week Andy interviewed via webcam the guy who knocked up Palin's daughter. They made him look like a country bumpkin and kept trying to get him to bad-mouth Sarah Palin. I am so tired of that crap! Dwight was the in-studio guest but he was exceedingly and annoyingly diplomatic about the gals. Oh yeah, he announced that he's getting married to something and kept offering to show us his toolbox.

pixie721

pixie721

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2009 @ 11:47 PM

I detest Jeff from Flipping Out. I hope his business goes under so that he can no longer tyrannize his employees. He needs to go someplace with high fences, psychotropic drugs, and orderlies for a very long mental health vacation. The dude is mental - he'd have to be to like Dina from RHoNJ.

I did enjoy it when Jeff asked Kim questions about Big Poppa and then made her answer.

I think Kim was talking about electronic cigarettes, but I don't know why Lohan would need to bring her those when she can order them on the internet.

lighthouser41

lighthouser41

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2009 @ 5:57 PM

I guess I am one of only a few moroons that watch this show. Loved Jeff last night and his facial expressions. Loved how he called Kim on her dating a married man. Then he proceeded to state that Andy and him could not get married. He was also truthful on his wearing a toupee. I enjoy his sarcastic dry humor. Jeff should be on every week.

Kim is still a lying liar. As a nurse, I am always offended when someone who was a nurses aid say they are a licensed nurse. Even if she could attend nursing school, she would be too stupid to be able to use a computer to take her licensing boards. And we know she couldn't attend classes after seeing her at the hair school. Also, if she is a nurse, why did she work as a waitress? Nurse probably meant she dressed up in a stripper nurse costume. Waitress probably meant she was a coctail waitress in a topless bottomless bar.

She also lied and sayed she wasn't making out with that guy after the confrontation. Maybe they were just passing gum mouth to mouth.

I bet she felt out of her element being surrounded by the gays and Anderson Cooper on phone. She couldn't bat her false eyelashes and toss her fake Barbie hair and have them wrapped around her finger.

Madame Du Barry

Madame Du Barry

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2009 @ 10:48 PM

Edited by Madame Du Barry, Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:54 PM.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2009 @ 10:40 AM

Waitress probably meant she was a coctail waitress in a topless bottomless bar.

Well, she DID work at Cheetas...

I caught the repeat this morning (imagine THAT!) and didn't recognize Kim at first. I am glad I didn't stay up late to see this "libe".

Edited by ubiquitous, Aug 23, 2009 @ 10:41 AM.