Friday Night with Jonathan Ross

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

72 replies to this topic

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2010 @ 10:16 PM

BBC America's website indicates that the current series has 25 episodes, with #25 being shown on July 23 here in the US.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2010 @ 11:32 PM

A late comment regarding the interview with Katherine Heigl...

In print interviews she comes across as very unlikable, and it seemed like the minute she had a hit movie, she thought she was too good for Grey's Anatomy. Plus I hated her character, Izzie, long before she put on that prom dress. BUT, I watched her interview with Jonathan with an open mind, thinking she might demonstrate that my previous impressions were wrong.

Not really. Her demeanor was just bizarre, and it was like she was trying too hard to act like a nice person, but the inner bitch was wanting to come out. Maybe I'm just not capable of having an open mind about her, but I didn't like her at all. And I sensed Jonathan wasn't too crazy about her, either.

She's a bitch, plain and simple. It's not a case of one or two out of context quotes, she's projected this numerous times, in numerous venues.

I'll miss this show & Ross, but I don't think he'll make it w/an American talk show, if that is in fact what he's planning.

Hey, there will be a nice spot on NBC when Leno finally decided to hang it up... heh.

Wossy is an interesting guy, quite funny, and reasonably smart, but I agree that he'd have trouble breaking into the overcrowded American market.

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2010 @ 10:44 AM

It's just been announced that Jonathan will be hosting a new show on ITV that will begin airing late next year. Hopefully BBC America will consider acquiring the US rights to that one. Does anyone know how his current show has performed in the (US) ratings? I suppose that will be a factor in whether BBC America chooses to acquire it.

ETA: Apparently this new time of 6pm Eastern is permanent for the remaining episodes. Kind of annoying for those of us in other time zones who aren't home from work yet. At least it's a full hour. The fact that they have changed the time so frequently and have even cut it down to 40 minutes makes me wonder how successful it was here.

Edited by oklirp, Jul 7, 2010 @ 10:50 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2010 @ 11:10 AM

They rerun the show later in the evening, don't they?

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2010 @ 1:44 PM

They run it again at 4am Eastern, which is a bit early for me. Either way I have to tape it.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2010 @ 3:01 PM

I get it. It's been years since I've watched a show 'live'. I always record whatever I watch, so that's not an issue for me. I prefer it at 6 so that it's available to start watching at 6:20 rather than 9:20 while still avoiding commercials.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2010 @ 8:53 AM

The last episode airs tonight in UK, so I think we'll get it next week. I hope we get his ITV show on BBCA too.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2011 @ 11:01 PM

Any word on when his new show will appear? "Late next year" is kind of vague (plus, what's the deal with announcing a talk show a YEAR AND A HALF in advance? Does that make any sense, even for the UK market? Its not like you have to pre-film a talk show--all you have to do is build a studio)

At least he's working. Someone I know in the UK told me he was just on a Penn & Teller special which aired in the UK.

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2011 @ 12:15 AM

I follow him on Twitter, and I don't think he has mentioned any specifics regarding his new show. I just hope that the show is picked up by BBCA. Does anyone know how Friday Night fared in the ratings in its brief time on BBCA? I suppose that will be a factor in whether BBCA acquires rights to the new show. I really miss him on Friday nights. I had been wanting BBCA to air that show for years, and then after we finally get it, he closes up shop.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

I would assume for BBCA to pick up a non-BBC show... it would have to be a smash hit.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2011 @ 10:56 AM

There are plenty of non-BBC UK shows that air on BBC America. We get ITV & Channel 4 stuff regularly, maybe other channels as well.

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2011 @ 11:41 AM

BBC America isn't required to carry only BBC content. Graham Norton's former Channel 4 chat show aired on BBCA. I would assume that BBCA will consider picking up the US rights to Jonathan's new show if they think it will be a success with US audiences.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

No sign of US airing for the ITV show, eh?