The Wendy Williams Show

• Please log in to reply

756 replies to this topic

kevsing

kevsing

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

I don't recall Wendy saying Beyonce is "dumb". She said she couldn't talk properly, sounds like she has a 4th grade education, and that she (Wendy) would have to turn on closed captioning to understand her on the documentary. I mostly agree, Beyonce has horrible grammar and diction. I don't understand why that girl hasn't gotten some voice training, like actors and news anchors get. That doesn't take away from her accomplishments and talent. And Wendy said she was a fan. I don't think any of that is so bad.

What I don't like about Wendy is the constant underlying attitude of woman is not complete without a man and a baby. She doesn't say it outright, but that attitude is sprinkled in her Hot Topics, Ask Wendy and interviews with guests. She wants to act all empowered and independent on one hand, but on the other hand, she judges women by their age and their relationship/baby status. After all, this is the woman who stayed with her husband after he cheated while she was pregnant. I'm sure that's not the only time. The image of having a man and offspring is really important to her.

However, I can't totally hate on her because she gets me every time when she talks about shopping at Target and Homegoods, earing at Olive Garden, what she's cooking in the crock pot at home, etc. Those things are funny to me and make her relatable. Kelly Ripa can't pull that off.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 22, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

I felt so sorry for Penn on that Hot Talk panel. He was surrounded by stupid. It made me feel bad for watching Wendy's show. She is so ignorant sometimes. Everyone, expect Penn, was shouting out statistics that aren't backed up and simply untrue. I am glad he kept his cool, I think I would have flipped my lid.

I also wasn't surprised when she said she was the type of woman who ditches her friends for her man. She totally seems like that kind of woman. I don't know why a woman as accomplished as she is puts so much stock in having a man and chasing men.

I mostly like Wendy, but she is truly vile sometimes. She thinks all people are as empty and calculating as she is. She acts all sweet and nice on the show, but you see glimpses of the mean, cold woman she is inside. Wendy is the type of person who is really nobodies friend.

AerosolSpray

AerosolSpray

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 12:06 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by AerosolSpray, Jan 4, 2013 @ 12:10 AM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

Was it my feed or was Loni Love being constantly beeped out? Did she not know she was on live tv or was someone overzealous with the censor button.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2013 @ 3:35 AM

I got the same thing. She had full sentences bleeped...and a minimum of 3-4 different times! Did anyone lip read?

Loni Love & Sheryl Underwood were definitely separated at birth. Ugh!

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

I am soooo over and soooo sick of the overzealous audience screaming and yelling on this show. It's totally over the top freakin' ridiculous and totally unbelievable. If Wendy needs that attention to maintain her ego - it's pathetic.

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 10:13 AM

She often tells them not to clap if they don't want to and tells her hyper to shut it down sometimes.

My beef is these damned repeats. If you're not going to be around to do your "live" show, do you think you could run a repeat that wasn't from the week before? I mean, the post Oscar show today - for real Wendy? The Oscars were just two weeks ago, you're repeating your show already? Along with Clive Davis and Alicia Keys, two February shows with February repeats?

I mostly watch the Hot Topics and then I'm out depending on the guest. So it would be nice to have my topics "Hot," (or as hot as she gets them) or served nice and cold, like from last October so it's almost new again. I didn't forget this week what you served last week!

If you're going to have a live talk show, commit. Bad enough Friday is taped, at least serve up new shows Monday through Thursday, and get yourself a back up host if you can't have your ass in your chair everyday. *rant over*

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Once a radio show host, always a radio show host.

SpringTulips

SpringTulips

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 2:52 AM

So Wendy Williams thinks that Beyonce is "dumb?" As someone who's followed Wendy Williams career for years, I believe she has no business questioning anyone's intelligence, including Beyonce's. As far as I'm concerned, any woman who's become an international superstar twice, first as part of one of the biggest girl groups of all time, then as a solo act, has a growing film career, her own clothing line, is married to one of the most powerful men in music in general and hip-hop in particular, has the Obamas on speed-dial, is about to make her directorial debut with a documentary about her own life and has just signed a $50 million dollar deal with Pepsi isn't dumb, by a long shot. As for Ms. Williams, she needs to learn that just because she's a sista with a talk show, that doesn't make her Oprah.

I think it is a bias Notheasterners have against Southerners because of the drawl...I experienced it as a southerner going to a college in New England.
There are plenty of Northeasterners Wendy could go after for poor diction and grammar, whatever.

IMO talking fast and slick does not equal intelligence.

Edited by SpringTulips, Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:01 AM.

Norwindian

Norwindian

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

The following post is all just my opinion:

How does this moron have her own show? I've never seen a worse talk show host. Even when she has the card to read from in her hands, she can't get it right.

She always pronounces peoples names wrong, always gets her facts wrong (for an entire show, she kept saying that Kim K was married for 72 hours), she is so bad.

She says the stupidest shit like "us girls are trained to feel for Spanx when we hug" and saying Beyonce dressed her daughter in boy clothes to teach her that she's an heiress and needs to stand up for herself. What?!

She seems llike she'd be a total bitch too.

Edited by Norwindian, May 16, 2013 @ 2:46 PM.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

Norwindian

How does this moron have her own show? I've never seen a worse talk show host. Even when she has the card to read from in her hands, she can't get it right.

I only watch  Hot Topics then I'm done with her show unless Wendy has on a guest I want to see..... but what cracks me up is when the show starts and Wendy comes out and does her little wiggle to the music then, for some, reason she stops wiggling while looking  out into the audience for a second or two then she goes......"shout it out".  LMAO.   I think she's  waiting for the cue to say "shout it out" but it's so freaking funny to me.   I do know she should never shake her boobs for any reason. 

I honestly think Wendy has Oprah's audience.  I know the audience is coached but  the clapping every second over nothing  along with the ooh's and aah's  drive me crazy. lol.

Edited by prosperity2day, May 30, 2013 @ 1:28 PM.

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

She always pronounces peoples names wrong, always gets her facts wrong (for an entire show, she kept saying that Kim K was married for 72 hours), she is so bad.

She says the stupidest shit like "us girls are trained to feel for Spanx when we hug" and saying Beyonce dressed her daughter in boy clothes to teach her that she's an heiress and needs to stand up for herself. What?!

She seems llike she'd be a total bitch too.

This cracked me up so hard! The comment about Beyonce's daughter??? *blank stare*

Wendy is ridiculous with the nonsense that comes out of her mouth. She says women should be strong (or something similar just in Wendy speak) and then says we should let men be men and we like to be all "pink" and fluffy? WTH does that mean! I don't know how to be "pink". I can't with her. She just seems like a basket of insecurities & contradictions, and like she's still trying to guess who she wants to be. She tries on different personas to see what people will respond to. She's 48? 49?

However, she can be funny & entertaining in a more real way in the videos she does for the After Show. Oh Wendy.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

I just like hot topics and then usually click off- but dang, the repeats are killing me.  And why repeat something from just last week.   I thought she was just promoting Wendy as all new all summer.  Clearly the week of memorial day doesn't count.

Norwindian

Norwindian

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:02 AM

I turn it after Hot Topics too unless she has a guest I really want to see, which I think has happened maybe twice.

Yeah, repeating an episode from just last week makes no sense at all.

Edited by Norwindian, Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:03 AM.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:44 PM

I haven't seen any new episodes of her show but I read Wendy made a statement regarding Kenya Moore getting evicted from her home.  Wendy "supposedly" said "that's why white folks don't like it when black folks move into the neighborhood".....I don't know if that's the exact wording but you get my drift.  

Out here her show is still in re-runs and like I said I have not heard this coming from her mouth.  I only watch her show for Hot Topics and if she said something like that it would be on Hot Topics.   Anyone else heard her say this?  

Edited by prosperity2day, Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:45 PM.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

No, I only occasionally watch, but I believe it; she always equates things like drama or having children with multiple fathers to be ghetto or black.

Edited by Morbs, Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:53 PM.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 2:57 PM

I saw, yeah she said it. Idiot.
I can't believe that ridiculous bullshit that comes out of her mouth. She said once that she judges women that don't want kids. Again.....idiot.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 4:16 PM

I keep telling people that Wendy is the same mean girl she was on radio.  The same thing that happened there, is going to happen here.  She tried to rein it in at first, but the true Wendy eventually had to show herself.

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:13 PM

I saw, yeah she said it. Idiot.

I saw it too... ditto to the idiot.... but to repeat her favorite line..." don't feel sorry for me, I've got a talk show "   She's starting to believe her sh$t don't stink. 

Edited by Fishyswa, Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:13 PM.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

I usually DVR the show and skip over the boring stuff.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 5:28 PM

I don't watch this show but one of my best friends is fervent about it...and Wendy.  A guy backed into my car in a parking lot, leaving a little scratch.  My friend said, "If you're like me, you want a new car right now!"  I said, "I'm not like you and why would I need a new car for a scratch that can be repaired?"  Another time she said, "If you're like me, you want your steaks well done."  Again...not like her.  THEN I caught the Wendy Williams show and she seems to say, "If you're like me," all the time.  Are most of you viewers like her and do you use that term?

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 2:34 AM

One word: no.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 1:52 PM

Former Nun
THEN I caught the Wendy Williams show and she seems to say, "If you're like me," all the time. Are most of you viewers like her and do you use that term?

LOL...no and no.  I watch Hot Topics then I turn to something else after that unless Wendy has a guest on  I  want to see ....which is rarely.  .  What cracks me up is after she's introduced she comes out and do her little dance or sometimes she does nothing but stand there and go "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you" while grinning like a Cheshire cat.  I don't know why but that scenario cracks me up. 

Her poor audience is coached to death.  Suzanne have them clapping for days after Wendy is introduced, then she have them clapping after everything Wendy says.  I swear they remind of Oprah's audience.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

Well I do like my steaks well done, I hate rare meat (ewww).

Anyway, I tuned Wendy out when I heard her make a comment that someone, I think it was Kelly Rowland or maybe Christina Milian, should just get pregnant by a rich man so "they will be set for life."  I have also heard her say, "working is for losers."  What a dope.  

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2013 @ 1:19 PM

Wendy makes me laugh at times, but a lot of the time she annoys me so much I can't stand to watch her.  I find that I disagree with her a lot.  Maybe it's because she wants to keep on the good side of celebrities, she will defend their behavior.  It seems that no matter what some celebs do, she says it's no big deal, they're young, no problem, get over it.  Really?   

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:18 PM

I have never watched Wendy's entire show as I usually tune in only for Hot Topics.   Now she's messing that up.  She's taking up most of the time talking about that Broadway show she's in then goes into some nonsense about certain things happening in her personal life, how much sleep she got over the weekend and some other dribble.   I had to change channels before Hot Topics was over.

Next in line is that silly audience.  They get on my last nerve with the continuous clapping over everything coming out of Wendy's mouth and the  "oohh" and "awww" over some BS statement Wendy has made about a celeb.  I'm almost done with her.

Edited by prosperity2day, Aug 1, 2013 @ 11:20 PM.

Ceruleana

Ceruleana

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:47 PM

Next in line is that silly audience.  They get on my last nerve with the continuous clapping over everything coming out of Wendy's mouth and the  "oohh" and "awww" over some BS statement Wendy has made about a celeb.  I'm almost done with her. 

You can blame the studio audience sounding like idiots on Suzanne (I think?), the producer/hypewoman.  My sister and I went to a taping of a recent episode, and she actually coaches everyone on how to "ooh", "ahh", gasp, sigh, and clap after every single comment Wendy makes--especially during Hot Topics.  As if the "APPLAUSE" lights furiously flashing overhead aren't enough.  If it sounds stupid to the viewers at home, imagine how I felt?  Lol!  Let the audience have a genuine reaction!  Some of the Hot Topics are pretty boring too--nobody GAF about Ryan Seacrest's personal life.  And like someone mentioned, it's not helping matters when she goes off-topic rambling on and on about her routine. 

Even though the taping experience was a fail for us (they put us in the very last seats, in the very last row--OUCH), plus the guest wasn't there (we watched the previously taped interview on monitors!  Whoo!), I tried to have a good time with it.  The staff was nice.  My sister commented on Wendy's "fakeness"; she didn't seem to look at us, but rather, right through us.  I'm sure she just goes through the motions at this point.  Wendy spent most of her time backstage, only coming out to tape those 5 minute segments, and when they yelled "CUT!" away she went.  She hits her beveled poses at the end of the taping to allow the audience to snap flicks, chats for a minute or less, then WHOOSH!  

She could have had other engagements as they had a "Countdown to Chicago" segment, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Ceruleana, Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:49 PM.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:05 PM

Ceruleana

You can blame the studio audience sounding like idiots on Suzanne (I think?), the producer/hypewoman. My sister and I went to a taping of a recent episode, and she actually coaches everyone on how to "ooh", "ahh", gasp, sigh, and clap after every single comment Wendy makes--especially during Hot Topics. As if the "APPLAUSE" lights furiously flashing overhead aren't enough. If it sounds stupid to the viewers at home, imagine how I felt? Lol! Let the audience have a genuine reaction! Some of the Hot Topics are pretty boring too--nobody GAF about Ryan Seacrest's personal life. And like someone mentioned, it's not helping matters when she goes off-topic rambling on and on about her routine.

Even though the taping experience was a fail for us (they put us in the very last seats, in the very last row--OUCH), plus the guest wasn't there (we watched the previously taped interview on monitors! Whoo!), I tried to have a good time with it. The staff was nice. My sister commented on Wendy's "fakeness"; she didn't seem to look at us, but rather, right through us. I'm sure she just goes through the motions at this point. Wendy spent most of her time backstage, only coming out to tape those 5 minute segments, and when they yelled "CUT!" away she went. She hits her beveled poses at the end of the taping to allow the audience to snap flicks, chats for a minute or less, then WHOOSH!

She could have had other engagements as they had a "Countdown to Chicago" segment, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Ceruleana, thank you sooooo much for giving the 411 on this fake ass woman and her show.  I knew Suzanne was coaching the audience but not to that extent. Thanks for the complete picture on this craziness.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 1:30 AM

I keep telling people that Wendy is the same mean girl she was on radio.  The same thing that happened there, is going to happen here.  She tried to rein it in at first, but the true Wendy eventually had to show herself.

I agree. Right now I think she's reigning it in a bit but she is still mean. The two most vivid memories I have of her radio show are that disastrous Whitney Houston interview when Whitney was pretty much at height of her drug addiction and Wendy took advantage of it to be a bully and for her own personal entertainment. Then she had the nerve to cry about her death some years later. The other incident I remember involving Wendy's true mean girl nature when she tried to out Portia De Rossi against her will. This was years ago. I think Portia was still on Ally McBeal at the time and nowhere near ready to come out. I remember Wendy having one of her lackeys ask Portia on the red carpet about her then rumored girlfriend. Portia simply cut the interview short and walked away. I found the whole thing tasteless. If somebody isn't ready to come out who are you to try to force them and to do it in such a public way. I was surprised Ellen would have her as a guest on her show and when you watch the episode you can tell that Ellen's entire demeanor was different with Wendy than it usually is with her guests. Not surprising. I wouldn't have had her on in the first place.

When I heard Wendy was getting her own talk show I groaned because I expected pretty much the same behavior to carry over to tv.  She's still not quite as bad here as she was on radio but I have a feeling that's because the producers only allow her to be herself to a point. 

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 6, 2013 @ 8:47 AM

I so agree. Wendy is and always has been full out ridiculous. I used to listen to her radio show. In retrospect, I think I found her more tolerable on the radio than on TV when I've seen it, possibly cause I didn't have to look at her (mean, sorry!). She was pretty bad on the radio but that act works there. I was astonished that she was getting her own talk show AND then even more astonished that it has done well.

I've always felt about Wendy that she does what she does because she always wanted to be popular and part of the in crowd and she never was. I look at her through that lens and her behavior makes sense. The way she shades the celebrities is cause they still won't be friends with her and she still wants to be cool with them.

Ceruleana, I would have hated being forced to act like anything she was saying was interesting or witty. She's not.

When I see some of the comments she makes, my brain starts to ooze out of my ears. She makes not a lick of sense.

Maybe I'll try to catch the show today and see if she's as ratchet as usual.