The Wendy Williams Show

• Please log in to reply

758 replies to this topic

Fishyswa

Fishyswa

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Is it my imagination or is Wendy doing a lot more yelling this season that last?? Maybe it's nerves being in a new studio and all. She really seems to talk super fast with the guests and really shoos them off when the time is over. Don't remember it being that obvious before.

Wendy reealllyyyy must be holding a grudge over her elimination from DWTS. Seems to me as time goes on she makes more and more negative comments about her experience. She lately blamed Carrie Ann Inaba for her elimination and made some negative comments about her former partner, Tony. God forbid she should ever admit that her elimination was deserved because her dancing was crap. LOL!!

Edited by Fishyswa, Sep 17, 2012 @ 2:38 PM.

seesaw123

seesaw123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

I just saw her for the first time...damn, she was busting out of that red dress.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

Wendy is a self hating shrew. She needs therapy because apparently she's never gotten over her husband cheating on her. Sure cheating is bad, but I think Wendy takes it out on people she doesn't know, like how she was hating on Usher today. I also can't stand her emphasis on hair; once a black woman with very short, natural hair was on and Wendy had the nerve to ask her if she wanted a wig. No Wendy, not every black woman hates their natural hair. What a beast.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Last week, I saw Williams on some entertainment show and she was asked about the new season of Dancing with The Stars all celeb return edition and she didn't answer the question. She purposely glared into the camera with a look of 'hell no, I'm not going to answer that and no way in hell do I want to discuss anything on this subject' Bitter much ? Hell yes !

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

I used to enjoy Wendy's show but we're less than 2 weeks into the new seasons and she's annoying me. She spends too much time hyping herself up (appearance on E). I dont understand why she made that comment about Usher and how he took his sons away from their mother. I'm not the biggest Usher fan in the world but I firmly believe that judges do not take kids away from a mother and grant full custody to the father unless something is horribly wrong with the mom. Wendy needs to shut it. And enough with the Lindsey Lohan/Amanda what's her name stories.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

I think the woman needs therapy, not a talk show.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2012 @ 4:23 AM

Wendy needs to get her stories straight before commenting on them. She should not have spoken about Usher. He said he wanted to delay the custody case after Tameka's son died, but Tameka wanted to continue. Also, Wendy mentioned that Usher's lawyers were at a fundraiser or something to that effect for the judge. I believe I read that Tameka's lawyers were too and if that's the case, there's no basis for arguing bias.

MSea

MSea

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

Great, now she's got Jill Zarin screeching on some panel. Seriously, screeching. I don't need this. This might be my last year for Wendy.

BessieLimpet

BessieLimpet

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Oh wow, this idiot just said that this weeks Presidential debate was "The most tweeted political event in U.S. history" really Wendy? Are you trying to tell me that the debates from 4, 8 or 12 years ago weren't as tweeted about as the most recent one was?

Gee, I can't imagine why.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

I detest this woman. She needs serious therapy because she has huge issues with her hair. She's shallow and disgusting and those long, straight wigs make her look like a clown.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

When the Australian Prime Minister fell recently Wendy played it and laughed hysterically over it. She usually laughs at celebrities who are having difficulty in their personal life. Her husband reportedly has been unfaithful and abusive to her. I think anyone who finds it funny when something bad happens to another person is their way of dealing with their own failure and unhappiness.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 4:01 AM

I watch for the gossip. It's cheaper than buying the rags, and maybe a tad more "reliable" since she claims insider info.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

When the Australian Prime Minister fell recently Wendy played it and laughed hysterically over it. She usually laughs at celebrities who are having difficulty in their personal life. Her husband reportedly has been unfaithful and abusive to her. I think anyone who finds it funny when something bad happens to another person is their way of dealing with their own failure and unhappiness.

That clip was everywhere - various news outlets/daytime/nighttime talk shows. Everyone laughed - yeah, IMO it has no implication on feeling of failure or unhappiness. Her wearing of weaves is her business, it's not my bag - but if a viewer feels so strongly about it then maybe it's time to stop watching.

I'm sitting over with Dancin Queen - I watch the hot topics and then I'm out unless the z list reality star interests me. Though sometimes I find myself peeping her gossip as old and not entirely accurate. For instance the whole Jeff Lewis/ Jenni Pulos bit from last week. She doesn't know the back story. She said her theory was that Jeff doesn't want Jenni to be famous on her own. When in actuality it was Jenni who started the whole Jeff Lewis Bravo connection. It was Jenni and her creepy ex who came to Bravo with a show idea to follow the two of them...Bravo nixed it but they found Jeff in the process and decided to make him the main character with her and the husband as a side characters. If the lawsuit is for reals I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy.

But for every instance like that there's a story that I would not have known - such as Jonah Hill punking her out in the Jet's box and the twitter war with the CNN reporter.

Edited by shopper gal, Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:07 PM.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

shopper gal I think it was also Wendy who said that Jeff was trying to block Jenny from releasing a tell-all book. Like Wendy said, I can't imagine what she'd have to say that we don't already know.

Edited by Dancin Queen, Nov 19, 2012 @ 3:35 AM.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 6:17 AM

I detest this woman. She needs serious therapy because she has huge issues with her hair. She's shallow and disgusting and those long, straight wigs make her look like a clown.

Wendy said she has thyroid disease which has made her natural hair very thin, so she wears wigs for medical reasons. I saw pictures of her natural hair, which is very long, but thin.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Ugh - just when I get on my sorta high horse to defend Wendy - she deals me this load of bullshit about PETA. What the fuck? I would guaran-damn-te that she has several furs at home - and I am pretty sure I've seen her in some sort of fur vest out and about w/ her grocery store wig and fanny pack. Isn't she also a big fan of Uggs? She is the picture of mass consumption (not passing judgement as I am too) but for her to be picked to rep PETA. Gag me.

Not sure who's the bigger joke - Wendy or PETA.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

Perhaps Wendy's furs were faux or she had a change of heart? I know Wendy's body is hers, but I think she would look much better if she reduced her boobs. She looks like a cartoon character and is disproportionate. I think her boobs make her look bigger than she is.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

That clip was everywhere - various news outlets/daytime/nighttime talk shows. Everyone laughed - yeah, IMO it has no implication on feeling of failure or unhappiness. Her wearing of weaves is her business, it's not my bag - but if a viewer feels so strongly about it then maybe it's time to stop watching.

If she wants to wear wigs, then fine; but don't act like other people should wear them too, and if you're going to wear them, at least wear ones that don't make you look like a clown/ugly drag queen.

What really made me turn off her show was when she had a woman on who had very short hair. Wendy looked at the woman and said, "would you like a wig?" As if there's NO WAY that any woman would actually like having short hair. She's just ignorant and shallow.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Most awkward, yet enjoyable interview ever....award goes to Cheri Oteri. She looks good and was glad to see her.

BessieLimpet

BessieLimpet

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

I thought Cheri Oteri looked like every other plastic surgery victim in Hollywood. She used to be so cute. It's sad that she felt the need to mess with her face like that.

I only watch for the gossip segments too. I hate how every damn thing on this show is. "It's time for another stupid segment ...roll it" She is ridiculous.

seacliffsal

seacliffsal

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 6:25 AM

I have just started watching this show, and gotta say it...I like it. I like that Wendy doesn't take herself too seriously and just wants to have fun. I enjoy the 'hot topics' segment, and feel like it's just girlfriends hanging out and having fun.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

For once, I would like to see Wendy Williams dress more appropriately instead of this cougar-ish/skanky style she seems to have going for her. Including with her massive boobs, her clothing makes her like a drag queen at best.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

shopper gal
Ugh - just when I get on my sorta high horse to defend Wendy - she deals me this load of bullshit about PETA.

Yea, I saw her "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" PETA picture but today on her show she was giving her audience halo fur hats as part of her audience Xmas giveaway. LOL. She definitely needs to be called out on that one.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

So Wendy Williams thinks that Beyonce is "dumb?" As someone who's followed Wendy Williams career for years, I believe she has no business questioning anyone's intelligence, including Beyonce's. As far as I'm concerned, any woman who's become an international superstar twice, first as part of one of the biggest girl groups of all time, then as a solo act, has a growing film career, her own clothing line, is married to one of the most powerful men in music in general and hip-hop in particular, has the Obamas on speed-dial, is about to make her directorial debut with a documentary about her own life and has just signed a $50 million dollar deal with Pepsi isn't dumb, by a long shot. As for Ms. Williams, she needs to learn that just because she's a sista with a talk show, that doesn't make her Oprah.

Edited by DollEyes, Dec 12, 2012 @ 11:37 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

I noticed that when Wendy was trying to get her point or thoughts across on how she felt about Beyonce, Williams had difficulting finding the words, or her mords got wixed, and it was so very ironic that she was stating that Beyonce couldn't talk properly.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

BessieLimpet
I only watch for the gossip segments too. I hate how every damn thing on this show is. "It's time for another stupid segment ...roll it" She is ridiculous.

I do the same thing. If she's gonna have on a guest I want to see I'll stay around and watch but after that I'm gone.

Her audience get on my last nerve....with the clapping after every thing she says. I know the lady in front of the camera tell them to clap every time Wendy makes a statement so in reality she should be the one to take it down a notch.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Yea, I saw her "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" PETA picture but today on her show she was giving her audience halo fur hats as part of her audience Xmas giveaway. LOL. She definitely needs to be called out on that one.

Nice one - I missed that, but suspected as much when I saw the link to enter at home on her FB page. Also did you catch her gushing over Wiz's album cover - which prominently features him in a fur. When she asked about the pictures I thought she was going to ask if it was faux.

I lol'd at the Beyonce segment - 'cause I've always thought the same thing. She sounds like a true dim bulb when she talks - and her accolades/accomplishments don't disprove that notion to me. It just means she has good handlers/managers, but they can't erase that when she opens her mouth she sounds like she's maybe got a 10th grade education...which honestly I think could be accurate b/c I put nothing beyond the Knowles' in pursuit of fame for their daughter.

Drbeauty

Drbeauty

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

I don't think Beyonce's accent helps at all.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

I lol'd at the Beyonce segment-'cause I've always thought the same thing. She sounds like a true dim bulb when she talks-and her accolades/accomplishments don't disprove that notion to me. It just means she has good handlers/good managers, but they can't erase that when she opens her mouth, she sounds like she's maybe got a 10th grade education...which I honestly think could be accurate b/c I put nothing beyond the Knowles in pursuit of fame for their daughter.

I don't think Beyonce's accent helps at all.

While I agree that the Knowles are stage parents and Beyonce's not the most articulate person ever, Wendy Williams is worse, IMO. For someone who's a college graduate, Wendy Williams has not only said some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard, she tends to go off on random tangents, like on yesterday's episode, when she was talking about the Pope's first tweet, she spent a good deal of time rambling on about his hair. I was like "Is she kidding?" Beyonce's not exceptionally brilliant, but at least I don't cringe, laugh or roll my eyes when she talks.

msani19

msani19

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

She did those random tangents on her radio show, and its still annoying. Focus, woman! But maybe it worked better on the radio b/c she had 3-4 hours to spit out her damn point. Plus she had co-hosts to help with the discussions. She does drive me crazy because she talks out of both sides of her mouth. One hand she says women should be happy with (name issue) then she's ripping someone because is said issue.
I remember her going on (could have been on the radio) about how she thought you were am"real" woman if you delivered your baby versus c-section. This morning I heard her spew being a mom is being a mom no matter how the baby got here. Just shut it. She says the most idiotic things within the same sentence, I can't believe she went to and graduated from college.

Speaking of college, talking smack about Beyonce is hilarious. While Beyonce isn't the most educated nor articulate woman, she did only go to school through 10th grade. Wendy will never come to that level of fame or wealth and that's what burns her jealous little heart up.

She clearly has issues with how she looks. Although I'm not sure why one would have massive plastic surgery to look like a drag queen, but its her money and body. Apparently it's what her husband likes. Speaking of him, there were lots of stories about him harassing her staff and having affairs, so again, where does she get off talking about other people's fidelity? All my friends think she's really a man, which I don't agree with. I just think she's carved herself a drag queen look. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we did find out she was actually a man one day.
Those boobs of hers, shudder.