The Wendy Williams Show

• Please log in to reply

756 replies to this topic

Jasonbingo

Jasonbingo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 8, 2009 @ 8:31 PM

I think The Wendy Williams talk show needs it's own topic, since the last Wendy topic is for her VH1 show.

Wendy returns July 13th. I loved the six week sneak peek, and can't wait for her return. Thankfully her radio show has givin me my Wendy fix over the hitaus.

Find out where Wendy airs in your area.

Edited by Jasonbingo, Jul 17, 2009 @ 5:20 PM.

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 11:15 AM

I am so glad to be one of the first to comment on Wendy's show. I am a 58-year-old white female and I love Wendy. I wish she'd do a show just by herself--it would be too much for one person, I know, but she's so wonderful....... I'd love to just have a cup of coffee (iced, no caffeine) with her and schmooze--she is just delightful..........

antrob26

antrob26

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2009 @ 8:38 PM

I liked it. I wonder if she'll keep the basic outline of the show - commentary from the audience, a guests or two and then the Ask Wendy segment. I had no idea how tall she was until she stood up with Vanessa Williams.

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 7:22 AM

Looking forward to today's show--she's a hoot!!!!

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2009 @ 9:43 PM

Scooch over and let me on the couch too! I am so glad she's back. To think that the audience can have a (shock) opinion. I love the gossip part best.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 2:23 AM

I love it when the audience dish, such as one of the twins letting it be known that Solagne said "her husband".

Oh, you get another who knows Solange's chiropractor, and she went on to say that Solange hunts that "husband" all over town.

I find that interesting stuff, and I do not find Solange particularly interesting.

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 5:25 AM

Jumpersage--we'd have a great time--Wendy just seems to be the kind of gal that would be great to know--honest and forthright-------somewhat old-fashioned in some instances--looking forward to an interesting summer !!!!!!!!

absolutqt

absolutqt

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 8:17 AM

Wendy is such a friend in my head, I couldn't wait for this show!

Vanessa Williams is still impossibly gorgeous.

Wendy giving lessons on how to properly say, "Ooooh...How you doin'?" had me laughing for 5 minutes. This is definitely a new add to my DVR line-up.

Jupiter84

Jupiter84

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 10:32 AM

I tried not to watch this show but Wendy does crack me up, she is much better and less mean-spirited on the show than her radio job (which is sometimes hard to listen to).

I laughed when she was talking about Janet already having a kid, which I also heard before and believe, only Wendy would dare say that and not care.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:33 PM

I love the audience commentary. Something that is missing from many a talk show. I thoroughly enjoyed when watching a talk show (Phil Donahue, Geraldo) there were those comments from the audience. Oprah used to and no longer does. Wendy is bringing this back and a talk show is not a talk show if the audience doesn't have something good to say or to snark at. I am loving it. I really enjoyed that one woman in the audience saying her peace in the first show regarding Joe Jackson and his idiotic ways.

Edited by Malibu65, Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:34 PM.

kim7676

kim7676

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:54 PM

Wendy is funny but her show seems to be all over the place, she will have one topic talk about it for a sec. then move on to another topic and talk for 2 minutes then goes back to the first topic. She should talk about something then get audience reaction then move on to the next topic and not go back.

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 3:56 PM

Couldn't see the show today but you can bet that won't happen soon again--Wendy is a breath of fresh air.

ToniW

ToniW

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

I had never heard that Janet Jackson has a child being raised by Rebe. Wendy is a mess but I love her in all of her big haired glory. I'm glad that she's back.

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:15 AM

Saw today's show--Wendy seems to be able to connect with all sorts of people--not an easy thing to do. I also liked that she was honest with the lady who wanted some plastic surgery but the husband wasn't willing to go along with it. Wendy told her to wait and have the husband understand more about it--good answer.

Jasonbingo

Jasonbingo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 16, 2009 @ 7:26 PM

I've been away on vacation and I finally got to catch up on the shows. I'm very happy they didn't change much to the show and kept the format (hot topics, guest, ask wendy) that worked last summer. It's great great to have you back Wendy!

motheroftwo

motheroftwo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 10:46 AM

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY and it's obvious you're doing well. Great show today--I get a kick out of Buddy--he's so tough when he's around the guys--but around hs mother, sisters and wife--ole softie. Have a wonderful family day tomorrow !!!!!!!!

rabal

rabal

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 7:10 PM

I really like Wendy, but you have to admit that Omarosa was right last year (when she was on the show). Wendy has definitely toned it down for TV - at least on this show. She rarely reads on a celebrity or spills any T like she would on radio. I guess she has to tread lightly now that she needs to entice them onto the show. I hope she's able to book more and bigger celebs. I'd like to see her show succeed.

Edited by rabal, Jul 17, 2009 @ 7:11 PM.

Baba Yaga

Baba Yaga

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 11:15 PM

I had no idea who Wendy Williams was; she seems like a nice person. I wish her luck but I am so tired of celebrity anything that I won't be watching. I hope her handlers tell her to be careful how she rises from a chair when she wears a short tight skirt and faces the camera. Nobody needs to see that.

Jasonbingo

Jasonbingo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 17, 2009 @ 11:52 PM

I really like Wendy, but you have to admit that Omarosa was right last year (when she was on the show). Wendy has definitely toned it down for TV

I agree. I know she had to tone it down to be advertiser friendly and get bigger guest, but I like how honest Wendy is on the radio. I knew on today's show she was dying to give Will and Jada a how you doin' but couldn't/wouldn't. I also think she needs to change up those hot topic pictures every once in awhile.

pikespeak

pikespeak

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 21, 2009 @ 5:25 AM

I so agree with the Will and Jada thing, Jasonbingo. LOL

Seriously, though. Who do they think they are foolin'? From everything I've heard about them, they are very nice people, but they ARE freaky. And good for them.

Back to Wendy, she comes and goes in phases regarding how much she says on TV. During HOT TOPICS last week, she mentioned a book called The Beckham Experiment by Grant Wahl, and he talked about how, allegedly, David seeks Tom Cruise advice on EVERYTHING and that they speak numerous times a week. She chimed in to tell the audience, "P.S. do you know that they live right around the corner from one another?" The audience reacts, and she gives the HOW YOU DOIN' look. That side glance to tell you were on the same page. After she tells the audience that the author suggests that Beckham named his kid after Tom Cruise, she goes, "ALLLRIGHHT." Funnily enough, after all that, she tells the audience not to comment any further, "but believe me were here."

During her sneek peek last year, I recall her talking about Matthew McConaughey--she did give him a HOW YOU DOIN' and referred to, "his beard."

Man, I love this stuff...

Ms Sugarbaker

Ms Sugarbaker

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 11:30 AM

Just added Wendy to my Series Recording, she is such a breath of fresh air.

JBC344

JBC344

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 3:44 PM

As much as I love Wendy, I feel she uses the "How you doin" way too much. It seems she says it for every attractive male actor, or celebrity nowadays. I think she is definitely spot on for a few of them, but not everyone.

loobie

loobie

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 9:44 PM

So happy that Wendy is back. Chrisette Michele was absolutely adorable on the show today and her voice is just sumptuous. I've got her first cd, I AM and now she's reminded me to pick up EPIPHANY. Michael Urie and Wendy had great chemistry, like two good friends. Wendy seems to get along well with a variety of people. There are rumblings that she's resigning from her duties on WBLS to focus on her TV show. She's got a visually stimulating set (colorful table and chairs set-up, not her set!) and a charming audience. I hope it becomes easier for her to get people on as we get closer to the fall season.

Jasonbingo

Jasonbingo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 9:46 PM

I don't think Wendy is giving out that many how you doins, at least not compared to what she does on her radio show. I do think how you doin is used a lot during the show, but I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

loobie

loobie

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 23, 2009 @ 5:15 PM

Wendy has confirmed that she will be leaving her radio show
http://artsbeat.blog...-radio-show/?hp

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2009 @ 10:34 PM

I missed last summer's preview but I'm really liking the show. She's on channel 9 at 10 p.m. and BET at 11 p.m. in the NYC market so it's great timing to end the day with a glass of wine and Wendy. I guess she stopped doing the bonus hour on the radio show since I haven't heard her since my office radio broke.

pinkluxe1

pinkluxe1

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 1:43 AM

Wow this thread is sad! Only 2 pages lol.

I've been listening to Wendy on the radio for years and love her radio show. Its gotten me through much traffic without going crazy. For some reason I've still had no interest in seeing her show though, but I happened to catch it tonight on BET. I enjoy it, but this episode Wendy kinda rubbed me the wrong way. She's made a career of gossiping and saying awful things about celebrities (which I love!) but Graham Norton was on the show doing the same thing, she seemingly got offended and kept shooting him these evil looks, trying to cut him off, and change the subject. I just found it to be strange and I'm a little shocked that she didn't take his celebrity jabs and eat them up with a grin.

Also the guy with the food--obviously his first time on TV because as many times as Wendy kept telling him to cook WHILE he was talking, he would just stand there with spices in his hand and continue talking. Even I got aggrevated.

I'm sad to hear that she's leaving the radio. I'll definitely miss her.

Overall I like the show, but I won't make it a point to watch it daily. I'll just catch it when I catch it.

Edited by pinkluxe1, Jul 24, 2009 @ 1:46 AM.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 3:02 AM

I also think she needs to change up those hot topic pictures every once in awhile.

I agree.

I bet she will talk about Mel B's baby (Eddie Murphy's kid) mohawk.

I can't wait.

Jasonbingo

Jasonbingo

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 3:18 AM

I'm sad Wendy's leaving radio, but not surprised. I've heard that Wendy didn't like the new managment at WBLS, and you can't blame her. They play a bunch of music and an hour. I'd say she's on air 25 minutes for the whole hour. I would love to have Wendy on Sirius XM radio where she can do what she wants. Hopefully with the radio gig gone, Wendy will be more herself and not tone it down.

Ratings for the show weren't that great. I think it will improve as the summer goes on like it did last year.

Graham Norton was on the show doing the same thing, she seemingly got offended

I noticed it to, like when Graham made the joke about plastic surgery. I thought he was talking about Joan Rivers and she's an upcoming guest so maybe that's why Wendy got peeved.

MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 11:24 AM

Wendy's okay but I don't think she should quit her day job. She's done well in radio but in TV she's not really tried and true for the long haul. But I do wish her all the best.