S11: Michele: Laying So Low She Might Disappear

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

51 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2009 @ 11:49 PM

Her bio at CBS.com.

She's a neuroscientist who has extensively studied the mind and is sure she can spot a lie a mile away.

This is how to know if someone is lying in the Big Brother house: Someone is talking.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 7:49 AM

She might be too brainy for me, but if she dumbs it down enough, I think she could be right up there with Lydia. I would like to see her be surprisingly athletic too. That would break all those geeky stereotypes.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 6:13 PM

It's always nice that they add in a HG that doesn't fit the mold of what they generally look for. That being said, what the hell is a neuroscientist doing on this show?!

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 9:27 PM

I wonder if she's receiving a paycheck from her regular employer in order to perform research while in the house. Short of them casting a psychologist, she might really be able to screw with some minds in the house much like Dr. Will. If so, I want her to stick around for a very long time.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2009 @ 6:27 PM

She'll get paid for a while by her regular employer (Caltech). If she stays a long time, though, she'll be on unpaid leave.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

I'm really hoping I'm wrong, but after watching her tonight I just don't see her being around long. I'm guessing she'll be out before the jury or be very early jury.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2009 @ 11:29 AM

Ha! A true geek couldn't see OK enough without her glasses to be able to randomly take them off!

Oh well. I like her and she's the closest to me IRL, so off she goes in mid-season.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jul 10, 2009 @ 8:44 PM

I also like Michele a lot. She is pretty, endearing, and she has only spoken about her PhD enough for it to be cute. If she makes the jury I will be totally shocked. Either the rest of the houseguests will end up thinking she is weird, they will get scared that she is smarter than all of them, or she will have a hard time getting along with everyone else.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2009 @ 6:31 PM

It is only week one, but I feel Michele is playing a smart game. She is keeping a very low profile and this strategy should take her far. Many other HGs will be evicted before she is even on anybody's radar.

She is using her brains, not her emotions, and she has so far not made any enemies. She sort of sits among the others as an observer and does not bring attention to herself. I see her already as the possible winner of BB11.

IzzyBoy

IzzyBoy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 10:53 AM

The last post for Michele's thread was from the 11th. Actually I think that's also the last time we've seen her say anything on the show. Which actually bodes well for her since if she's not saying anything that means she's not getting caught up in the drama that's been going on. I hope she goes far and its not just because I think she's sneaky attractive...[/shallow]

MRMO

MRMO

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 5:52 AM

I'm probably in the majority with this....I don't get why no one seems to like or have much to do with this sexy scientist. Maybe she just hasn't done anything interesting and the editors have ignored her. I don't subscribe to the feeds so it's possible I've missed something. At any rate, I don't get it.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 10:52 AM

I'm probably in the majority with this....I don't get why no one seems to like or have much to do with this sexy scientist. Maybe she just hasn't done anything interesting and the editors have ignored her. I don't subscribe to the feeds so it's possible I've missed something. At any rate, I don't get it.

I get the feeds, and it is like she isn't even in the house. It's bizarre.

weaverhi

weaverhi

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2009 @ 1:37 PM

Yeah, she is laying very low. I don't know if she is waiting to make a move or not. I like her but she might not be devious enough to win BB.

If she works at CalTech she must really be top notch. Is that where she got her PhD, does anyone know?

eldubya

eldubya

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 12:50 PM

UT Southwestern. She's published a paper in Journal of Neuroscience entitled "Withdrawal from cocaine self-administration normalizes deficits in proliferation and enhances maturity of adult-generated hippocampal neurons." Both a decent school and a decent journal, but still clearly early in her career.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 6:17 PM

Ronnie has been spreading stories Michele in the house from almost the start. He's been blaming stray votes on her. So has Natalie. He's been intimidated by her for most of the game, and her social awkwardness just makes the game even more of a struggle for her. It's hard to watch. I hope she can win HOH so maybe she will feel more confident.

Michele only went on BB because her brother, who died this year, told her she should try more adventurous things. I think he was a fan of the show. Michele would have been much better off on what BB used to be, not what the show has become in more recent years.

Sunneyday

Sunneyday

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 7:42 PM

One minute Michelle is up Russell's ass, the next minute she is lying to him to his face. I can't wait until she is the victim of a huge fallout.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 9:57 PM

I thought Michele was super classy while Ronnie was leaving. Even after that ridiculous speech I thought it was really cool that she let him now that she bore him no ill will. I like the girl a lot and I think it is kind of a bummer that she became a huge scapegoat.

Sara2009

Sara2009

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

Both a decent school and a decent journal, but still clearly early in her career.

I hate to nitpick, but I would classify UT Southwestern as a top notch school not just decent.

Michele might be socially awkward, but she's got brains.

Slider

Slider

Couch Potato

• Interests:FOOTBALL!, Playing Cards, jigsaw puzzles, Pie, shooting dice in Vegas, swimming, Star Wars, inside jokes, fireworks, the Honolulu Cookie Company, Casablanca, sewing and knitting, Arrested Developement, the 4th of July, baseball, and Harry Potter

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 10:55 AM

One minute Michelle is up Russell's ass, the next minute she is lying to him to his face. I can't wait until she is the victim of a huge fallout.

On the live feeds Russ was the one that turned on Michele first. That's why she didn't understand where it was comign from. Then after the first fight, he came to her and told her they were cool again, then after the next fight he was an ass to her. Michele trusted Russell and got burned big time. I feel bad for her because she didn't really do anything wrong.

Uncle Chuck

Uncle Chuck

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 5:04 PM

One minute Michelle is up Russell's ass, the next minute she is lying to him to his face.

As I watched that very strange moment evolve, it seemed to me that Michelle was dumbfounded that Russell was even talking to Chima or others about stuff the two of them had discussed in what she believed to be strict confidence. She got into trouble because she assumed that Russell would expect her to cover up to Chima for the two of them and keep their talks secret. Of course, Russell is so paranoid that he seems to believe whatever was told to him last, so Michelle was screwed.

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 5:39 PM

I enjoy Michele immensely and hope she goes far, but she often baffles me with her inability to defend herself. I wonder if it's beyond her comprehension that someone would deliberately make up a story about her like the infamous green room lie. I think she keeps searching her brain for the conversation they're talking about (she's probably had hundreds of convos in the green room), when she should point out how logic defying her trying to scheme to save Ronnie was. She was the veto holder and could have voted however she wanted. I've never heard someone telling the absolute sound so convincingly like she's lying.

Glitterous

Glitterous

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 20, 2009 @ 8:38 AM

I feel terrible for Michele having her bipolar disorder spilled to the group by Kevin. As someone with the same issue, I have experienced a stigma from people I have told. People think it is on par with insanity or schizophrenia, when it's really closer to a more extreme form of depression; a lot of people have it and, as long as you are medicated, you can live a perfectly normal life. This may be the explanation for Michele seeming so slow a lot of the time. The medication for mania is the same as epilepsy/seizures and can cause memory loss/difficulty thinking. Good luck, Michele, I don't think you're crazy at all!

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2009 @ 7:08 AM

People with schizophrenia can take their medication and live normal lives, too. I know someone with it who never misses a day's work and has social skills way beyond Michelle's. I get a little tired of bipolar people whining about stigma and then in the same breath, screaming , "It's not like I have schizophrenia. It's not like I'm crazy!"

I was sad for Michelle to hear that she worked seven days a week. That's just not healthy for anyone.

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2009 @ 12:03 PM

For the first time in 11 seasons, I didn't start watching Big Brother until halfway through this year. In a recent competition Julie asked about the time Ronnie told Michele she was "the most horrible person he's ever met", or something? Could somebody explain the context of this to me? Also, I'm assuming Ronnie and Michele were both in the Brainy cliques...were they close in the beginning?

shantastic

shantastic

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2009 @ 12:19 PM

When he was on the block, Ronnie told Michelle in his, um, speech prior to the vote that his wife said to always look for the good in people. Right after that, he said she was the most horrible person he had ever haf the misfortune to meet. Tallulah Moorehead does a great job capturing it in her blog here.

punishinglight

punishinglight

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2009 @ 2:09 PM

Wow, what a sore loser. Glad I missed him on my television screen. Thanks for the info.

Merrythought

Merrythought

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 1:00 PM

If Michele really does have a crush on Jeff, she is going to have a hard time when the show ends and after finale night she never sees him again. I think she is going to be depressed. And she will be even more depressed if she doesn't win. The combination of those two factors won't be good for her.

Edited by Merrythought, Sep 1, 2009 @ 1:01 PM.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 7:54 PM

Man, I felt sorry for her. I wanted to give her a hug.

d3clarks

d3clarks

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 1:59 PM

Why do all the other house guests seem to hate Michele? I've watched the show (not the live feeds) and haven't seen anything so horrible she's done that deserves the overwhelming distrust and hatred the other houseguests view her with.

I just don't understand it.

shantastic

shantastic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2009 @ 4:38 PM

I think it's the worst part of human existence. Culling the herd - find the one person everyone can collectively rally around and hate. Unfortunately, that's Michele this year. Some hate out of jealously, some mistrust, others are simply sheep. You hear, "She sucks, she lies, I hate her," enough times, yuo have to believe it. Kind of Orwellian, don't you think? And fitting. Michele is the two minutes hate.