S11 and 13: Jordan: What's "A Quarter To"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

80 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2009 @ 11:42 PM

Her bio at CBS.com.

Jordan is confident that no matter what happens in the game, she will stay the same sweet person she’s always been.

It will be very hard for her to be apart from her mother and brother for such a long time (she also has one sister), because she is very close to them and describes her mother as an extremely strong person who she considers her hero.

She's so sweet that she doesn't mind telling the whole world that she doesn't care about her sister.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 4:22 PM

I worry that she's going to get eaten alive in that house. She seems to be that sweet, innocent, naive girl that gets booted before the jury starts like Sarah, Carol, & Michelle. I hope she goes far just because it would be different for the show & also that she isn't scarred from this experience.

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

Once this girl has some alcohol in her, she will probably act much like Jessica from BB8. Hopefully there's something rattling around between those ears. Then again, she may have other assets which I suspect which cause one of the guys to latch on to her like a leech.

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted Jul 9, 2009 @ 9:41 AM

It will be very hard for her to be apart from her mother and brother for such a long time (she also has one sister), because she is very close to them

That's kind of a weird way for them to put it. Is she not going to miss being apart from the sister?

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2009 @ 2:37 AM

It will be very hard for her to be apart from her mother and brother for such a long time (she also has one sister), because she is very close to them

That's kind of a weird way for them to put it. Is she not going to miss being apart from the sister?

I'm chalking that up to poor writing on Big Brother's part. Maybe she lives with her mother and brother, but her older sister (I'm just making this up) lives in another state and they're now used to living far away from each other.

I like Jordan but wonder where they find these truly ignorant people...people who don't know much about what goes on in the world or in the minds of others. I guess people can get by on looks alone...plus she seems generally sweet. Until you cross her.

Jacuzzi Jacuzzi

Jacuzzi Jacuzzi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2009 @ 5:42 PM

I find it very hard to believe that they couldn't find a prettier or more interesting popular...

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 8:38 PM

Wow. I have never seen an adult human being with so little going on behind her eyes than Jordan in that first scene on the bed in the Steel Room on 7/21. She was just looking around in a really weird way that freaked me out, with less going on behind that gaze than a shark. It was like she was Kelly Bundy without Christina Applegate's RL brightness and professionalism. The only reason they wouldn't cast her is that you have to be able to read the scripts.

Seriously, my baby boy had a more discerning gaze when he was three weeks old.

ETA the date when I saw this, because I know the shallowness of Jordan has been spread over the whole show.

Edited by Caroma, Jul 22, 2009 @ 8:39 PM.

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2009 @ 8:51 PM

"Duh, what time is it? Duh, what time is it? Duh, what time is it?"

ihateschool

ihateschool

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2009 @ 8:48 PM

Aww this video is so cute.

Mischievious

Mischievious

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 2:47 AM

Very cute video.

sunnysky85

sunnysky85

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 12:23 PM

Why must Jeff be so dreamy?

NiagaraDvr

NiagaraDvr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 3:51 PM

The fact that she was mad that everyone except Casey, Jeff, and herself was being civil to Ronnie shows she isn't such a nice or innocent person.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

I disagree. If I was in Jordan's position I would be acting way worse toward Ronnie and I think that she is totally justified in her behavior towards him. You also have to count Russel in as someone who is not being civil towards Ronnie too. The guy lied to Jordan's face and then blindsided her by putting her on the block, pitting her against one of her major allies in the house. Everyone is being civil to Ronnie but they are saying horrible things about him when he isn't in the room. I think that smiling in someone's face and then talking smack about them behind their back is way less respectable than being upfront with your feelings. YMMV though.

NiagaraDvr

NiagaraDvr

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 25, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

She was being very passive aggressive though. At least Casey/Jeff were simply being unfriendly. She was getting mad that the others weren't bullying him. I haven't seen Natalie/Jessie being two faced towards Ronnie though. Natalie seems to genuinely want him to socialize.

VAHokies

VAHokies

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

I love this girl. I wish she had some better game instincts, but I think she'll go pretty far by just being her.

Sunneyday

Sunneyday

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2009 @ 11:36 PM

My problem with Jordan is that she adds nothing to the show. Also, her voice is so grating. Not just her accent (which is bad enough) but she sounds slightly like she has been sucking helium. She and Jeff bore me.

Terabyter

Terabyter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 12:55 AM

I like Jordan. She's sweet and funny, and I think she's entertaining without having to resort to insults and lying like so many of the other contestants in the house. Right now, she's one of my favorites to win along with Michele, Jeff, and Kevin.

Uncle Chuck

Uncle Chuck

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2009 @ 12:16 PM

Jordan admits that she is not "the brightest crayon in the box" or something very much like that and while she might mix her metaphors she is not nearly as gratingly dumb as many of the past hamsters.

In past seasons, we have been forced to suffer through a collection of starlet wannabees, delusional airheads, girls blinded by shomance, or (in some cases) trying to use a shomance as gameplay--even girls who spoke directly to God via secret messages and signs. Jordan doesn't really fall into any of those categories. Compared to Holly or Natalie or Amber or some others, Jordan is a BB genius.

Granted, Jordan is incredibly naive (or is incredibly gifted in acting as if she is) and she seems to have not paid attention on a single day of school in her life. She may appear to be dumb, but she is not actually doing anything dumb at all. She told Julie Chen that she was staying out of all the fights, so she is certainly smart enough to know that when you are NOT a target, you DO NOT draw a big circle on your back and get into the thick of the action. Playing "Under the Radar" is often maligned as good strategy, but it may actually be much harder than it looks. When emotions are raw and sides are chosen and names get called and water thrown, it is likely easiest to just give in to your emotions and start yelling back to get your "two cents worth" said. It takes no strategy or discipline to get so emotionally involved. But it does take discipline to just drop back and be quiet and stay out of the fight. Ronnie and Chima and Natalie and Russ and and Michelle and Lydia have all allowed their emotions to dictate their actions--and who are the targets week after week? How far does Jordan allow herself to get sucked in? Just enough to comment that Chima is "sure sassy".

She attempts a little strategy with Jeff, and maybe Michelle a little, but she seems aware enough of her limitations to not get way ahead of herself in making wrong moves or jumping to conclusions. So far, she seems confident enough in herself (and Jeff) that she has not started playing the paranoia game. Jordan is fun to watch because she is such a non-threat to all the schemers. Actually, the super-schemers often seem to be the "dumb ones" in BB because they get all tangled up in lies, half-truths and back stabbing.

Jordan is NOT a floater. She has never floated in and out of several alliances--never pretended to be part of one group while secretly reporting back to the other. Rather, she and Jeff seem to be saying: "Hey! We're over here in our little group and some of y'all are welcome to join us if you get tired of fighting back and forth all the time."

Finally, Jordan is just too cute to NOT like her. She reminds me most of a beautiful golden retriever my roommate once had. That dog was beautiful, a magnificent creature who was friendly and loyal and affectionate to everyone. She (the retriever) would just lay in the corner or at your feet or snuggle in your lap and look up with beautiful eyes and be great company. The dog always seemed to be just dimly aware of what was being talked about in the room and we knew we could never have a meaningful conversation, yet we talked to her anyway--and we just LOVED having that dog in the room with us. That's Jordan.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2009 @ 1:55 AM

Finally, Jordan is just too cute to NOT like her. She reminds me most of a beautiful golden retriever my roommate once had. That dog was beautiful, a magnificent creature who was friendly and loyal and affectionate to everyone. She (the retriever) would just lay in the corner or at your feet or snuggle in your lap and look up with beautiful eyes and be great company. The dog always seemed to be just dimly aware of what was being talked about in the room and we knew we could never have a meaningful conversation, yet we talked to her anyway--and we just LOVED having that dog in the room with us. That's Jordan.

I don't think she's too cute to not like. I haven't liked her since the beginning of the season. Not a fan of the accent or behavior.

She may not be stupid game wise by staying of out fights which is a no brainer, but she's still an idiot. Especially for someone her age. For me her type of stupidity should have no place after the age of 16, not knowing how the read time properly? How does she get through life, there's just no substance there?

shantastic

shantastic

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2009 @ 12:11 PM

IMO: There are many different kinds of intelligence. Jordan lacks book smarts, and she also lacks a love of learning. I wonder if as a child she was constantly told she's pretty/beautiful, and no one stressed to her how important a well rounded eduction can be. . . but I digress from my original point. Jordan is smart in social intelligence. She put her time and energy into cultivating social graces and studying different personalities rather than studying for the big algebra final. Or telling time in 2nd grade.

I don't necessarily like the fact that our society prizes beauty and niceties over learning, but there you go. It is what it is. Pretty people can make it very far in our world based on their looks (and bonus if they are likeable).

But I also wouldn't go as far as to say that Jordan's ignorance means she's all around dumb.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2009 @ 11:28 PM

But I also wouldn't go as far as to say that Jordan's ignorance means she's all around dumb.

In my dream world, Jeff would have the intelligence and ability to be Jordan's Professor 'enry 'iggins. They would become the toast of Chicago society (at whatever level they choose...including sports and sports bars) and live happily ever after.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted Aug 10, 2009 @ 9:18 PM

I like Jordan. She's sweet and funny, and I think she's entertaining without having to resort to insults and lying like so many of the other contestants in the house. Right now, she's one of my favorites to win along with Michele, Jeff, and Kevin.

Word. She is funny and nice, without all the added drama. It's a breath of fresh air, especially when you have people like Jessie in the house. Plus, everything she says is hilarious. She is like a LOLcat.

Sapph

Sapph

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 3:26 AM

I am really loving Jordan this season.

I am reading through the Sookie Stackhouse books and now I can't help but picture Jordan as Sookie, instead of the character that plays her in TrueBlood.

I wanted Jeff to win up until this last week, but now I think I'd love to see Jeff in the final 3, but Jordan take the final prize.

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2009 @ 6:52 PM

Plus, everything she says is hilarious. She is like a LOLcat.

Hahaha. That is so true. My sister is a huge fan of this show and she really likes Jordan. When she first described her to me I couldn't believe she'd like such a ditzy person but having watched a few clips of her I too fell under her chocolate-covered sweetness spell.

JessieQ

JessieQ

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2009 @ 6:57 PM

Re: Jordan's comment (and the title of this thread) of not understanding "a quarter to"...is it possible that she meant she doesn't understand the phrase "a quarter of?" 'Cuz I don't get that either. When someone says, "A quarter of eight" to me that means 8:15 not 7:45. Anyone?

sissykay

sissykay

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2009 @ 8:30 PM

No that would be a quarter after like it is eight o'clock and then a quarter of the time (15 min.) after the eight is 8:15. I'm not sure she understood how to tell time period. She didn't know fractions, like a fourth of an hour was 15 minutes.

Wendi

Wendi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2009 @ 1:20 AM

I loved Jordan's fire in the fight with Russell/Jeff this afternoon.

Reminded me of the fierce girl way back from week one who stood her ground to Kevin and Lydia when Lydia went off on her for not crying when she was nominated but cried for her friend and clique member was nominated.

The past few weeks have proven that she flawed but it doesn't make her any less root worthy imo.

I am still behind she and Jeff 100%

buckeyechick47

buckeyechick47

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2009 @ 12:36 PM

I'm annoyed with Jordan buying into Natalie & Kevin's BS. She was trusting of Russell until those two started their plan to break the 4 up. Jordan needs to wake up & smell the sabotage. Because Natalie & Kevin's plan is working flawlessly because Jeff/Jordan are falling for it hook,line & sinker.

Wendi

Wendi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2009 @ 12:24 AM

While I hate that she is falling for their BS, there is some truth to their story and both Michele and Russell admitted to it.

Jordan stopped listening to reason the minute she heard that Russell was coming after Jeff. All she could think of was getting Russell out before he came after them, Jeff especially.

Before the LIE, half lie anyway, Jeff and Jordan were already wary of Russel. Aside from all the antics he pulled starting week one, just the coup week alone he told Jeff he would vote out Jesse FOR SURE if he were on the block when they were talking hypothetically and what did he do? He voted out Natalie instead AND LIED to J/J's faces when they asked him about it later. All of this after Jeff had saved him with the CDT. He also told J/J to their faces that ht will back stab them sooner or later.

All of these made it extremely easy for Jeff and Jordan to buy into what Gnatalie and Kevin were selling.

They got a lucky break imo.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2009 @ 6:22 AM

I'm starting to dislike her a little bit now that the end game is here. Her pouty attitude when Jeff was trying to get her to practice for the challenges, said 'spoiled little girl' to me. I'm beginning to wonder if Jordan's ever been asked to make an effort before. She seemed to think Jeff was being really mean to even suggest such a thing.