World's Dumbest ( ) on Tru TV

• Please log in to reply

151 replies to this topic

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2011 @ 1:49 PM

I.LOVE.THIS.SHOW!

Normally Bonaduce gets on my last nerve and I HATED his reality tv show but I find him funny on this program.

My favorite celebrities are: Todd Bridges, Tonya Harding, Leif Garrett, Brad Loekle, Chuck Nice, Loni Love, and a few others that I can't remember their names at the moment.

My favorite episodes are Dumbest Performers, Dumbest Criminals, and Dumbest Partiers.

I'm so glad TruTv gives us new episodes almost every week.

WORD! I watch this show every Thursday night!

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2011 @ 12:30 PM

On this weeks Dumbest Boozers, the show had the reoccurring theme of Bonaduce hosting the annual cast party at his house. Too funny.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2011 @ 9:58 AM

I LOVED last night's show World's "Smartest" Commercials! OMG that was so funny, they should definatly do more shows like that.

"Now I don't have to wear a cole miner's helmet to bed, thanks Bright Feet!" =D

Roadvirus1

Roadvirus1

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 21, 2011 @ 9:14 AM

I can't tell, but are these guys all in the same room? There are times when it seems the answer is yes, but there are also times when evidence says no.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2011 @ 8:21 AM

It's true that Tonya Harding was just as good of a skater as Nancy Kerrigan but the problem was that Nancy Kerrigan was the 'Pretty Pretty Princess and Tonya Harding was just some trailer park trash who could skate.

The commentators (and I believe the judges also) didn't hide the fact that they thought Tonya Harding was inferior to Nancy Kerrigan. They would make comments about Tonya's "gaudy" skating attire while she was skating, like she made it herself but Nancy's was surely spun my magical fairies.

Not to mention all the comments about her weight compared to Nancy's.

Edited by livinggreen, Jun 23, 2011 @ 9:06 AM.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2011 @ 12:00 AM

I know this show isn't run by "The Smoking Gun" anymore. However, I wonder why Dumbest "Criminals", "Drivers", and "Daredevils" have been renamed "Outlaws", "Motorheads", and "Thrillseekers". I mean, what's the difference? I also noticed that one episode had clip named "Thai Tumbler", yet the clip was from Taiwan. :p

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2011 @ 11:17 AM

I never noticed the name changes, to be honest. It's a good way to waste several hours on a Saturday night. I floved the one clip of the guy at the wedding reception giving his best wishes for the bride and groom when the young woman next to him begins projectile vomiting!

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2011 @ 1:00 PM

Regarding Nancy and Tonya, I remember those comments and it's part of the reason I don't follow figure skating anymore. And her punishment was overkill IMO. I've always felt Tonya got a raw deal because she couldn't go back to her lively hood anymore, but other than a rough patch she seems to be doing well. I hope it continues.

The name changes I can understand because they were getting to situations like World's Dumbest Drivers 20 and they wanted to end/avoid that.

BTW, did anyone see the skit between John Enos and Loni Love regarding that love making chair? Hilarious! I'm not taking that off my DVR. Enos is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 5, 2011 @ 12:36 PM

Really enjoyed Leif Garrett's caution flag school bit in Motorheads 3, heh.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2011 @ 4:00 PM

BTW, did anyone see the skit between John Enos and Loni Love regarding that love making chair? Hilarious! I'm not taking that off my DVR. Enos is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Agreed. That skit was hilarious. I noticed that they occasionally have these small dogs on that I'm guessing belong to John Enos, since they show up in the same skits as him.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2011 @ 1:23 PM

I do remember that! OMG I wish they would replay that episode again. I've only seen it once and it is the funniest by far. Yeah John Enos is pretty funny but Brad Loekle is still my favorite. I love his dry, sarcastic sense of humor.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2011 @ 4:35 AM

World's Smartest Inventions 5: John Enos with his dog in a pink Puppoose... my god. LOL. And the nipple inserts, what in the world?! I thought that was something we women were working to avoid! Holy crap.

Mike Britt is my favorite, and on the topic of John Enos/Loni Love, loved the joke about John needing a bigger booty pillow for when Loni was on the road, haha. I don't know when the Enos/Love thing started up but it's great.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

I don't know either omgsowicked, probably during the love making chair episode I mentioned a while back, but it shows great continuity.

This invention one was hilarious. Tonya's really coming into her own.v And I love Brad, Enos, and Danny.

mistiec

mistiec

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2011 @ 11:12 PM

I was home sick the other day and nothing made me feel better than laughing at World's Dumbest.

I love Chelsea Peretti. She's so consistently funny I want to go see her live.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2011 @ 10:58 AM

Anyone see World Dumbest Road Trip? John Enos and Loni Love are hilarious!

"You know I bi racially love you!"

I like how the show is keeping up the continuity with their "relationship". And if they are in a relationship, that's awesome. They play off of each other so well.

bmills

bmills

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 8:19 PM

I've been watching this show for a while, but for some reason it never occurred to me to chat about it here.

1) I adore Chelsey Perreti. She's funny, pretty, and cute as hell. 2) I have to hit the mute button when Loni Love comes on. She's semi-funny, but I can't stand the way she habitually talks in a near-shouting nasal voice, and her refusal to get anywhere near anything resembling English grammer is like nails on a blackboard to me. 3) Harding's not just a criminal, but a cheater in her sport, and just sort of a despicable person all around. I would like her consigned to obscurity, please.

But as for the show's content, there is nothing funnier to me than watching dumb people run afoul of the consequences of their stupidity, such as skiers crashing while attempting to go down vertical cliffs and such.

But even so, one incident featured on this show was so sickeningly stupid it kind of made me despair of the whole human race. It was that dope partier who tried to do the liquor-in-the-eye thing, which is stupid enough anyway, but this guy tried it with a shot glass full of flaming something or other. I mean, what was that supposed to accomplish even if it had gone well? Predictably enough, he set his face on fire, at which point his friends watched and laughed, though he did manage to pat it out before any harm was done. I was staggered by that.

So, um, yeah. Sorry for the downer. I actually came here to say I like this funny show.

danhello

danhello

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 27, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

I only caught the tail end of that episode and have been desperately searching for it on trutv, would you mind telling me which one it is?

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

I adore Chelsey Perreti. She's funny, pretty, and cute as hell.

I hear from a number of people that she is a great stand-up comic, but she annoys me to no end on "World's Dumbest" - particularly when she croaks out the sarcastic 'thank youuuu', in requests to the dummies.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 1:10 AM

I hear from a number of people that she is a great stand-up comic, but she annoys me to no end on "World's Dumbest" - particularly when she croaks out the sarcastic 'thank youuuu', in requests to the dummies.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

Just finished watching Dumbest Thrillseekers 4... I was in tears, laughing at Mike Britt and the repeated bits with him yelling out of the car a la the guy in one of the clips. "You need some polyurethane wheels so you'd get the bounce when you hit the ground!" Oh man... that had me rolling.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2011 @ 11:22 AM

That was awesome.

Last week they had a "Russian" (Bryan I think?) bust in on one of Stallone's rants about Russians. They played clips of stupid people from Britain. That was funny.

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Just finished watching Dumbest Thrillseekers 4... I was in tears, laughing at Mike Britt and the repeated bits with him yelling out of the car a la the guy in one of the clips. "You need some polyurethane wheels so you'd get the bounce when you hit the ground!" Oh man... that had me rolling.

That cracked me up as well! Even the original clip, with the guy carrying on about how he's a taxpayer, so he can be on the road, advising a 12 year old on proper stunt technique. Everyone's a critic, I guess.

ratgirlagogo

ratgirlagogo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

That really was so brilliant - some kind of high water mark for this show. I think this was the same episode where Chelsea Perretti made the comment about how satisfying it was to have the sound of one pot and one pan dropping just as the kid n the scooter hit the ground - followed by Jami saying breathlessly, "I think this is a first on World's Dumbest - the sound of shocked silence."

The groove they've all gotten into really reminds me of the late lamented MXC, which was so underrated and so genius. I just LOVE World's Dumbest! Too bad the rest of TruTv's programming is what seems like 7 or 8 separate programs about repossessing cars.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

World's Dumbest Criminals: 2/3 people go into a convience store to steal beer, and the dumb asses don't realize that there are 2 cops in the place.

Todd Bridges cracked me up when he said something like 'if you're going to rob a place, when you open the door, look to your left and then to your right' lol

How in the hell did they NOT see 2 cops standing right in the middle of the store?

Edited by livinggreen, Jan 9, 2012 @ 10:36 AM.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

The groove they've all gotten into really reminds me of the late lamented MXC, which was so underrated and so genius.

Ah, MXC. I loved that show! I used to watch with an internet buddy in college. I've "found" all the episodes recently and been having a blast watching them again. I watch Wipeout to get some of the magic back, but it's no MXC. Ironically, if you play Saints Row: The Third, they have activity that mimics MXC, even down to the commentary. I want to say they used the same voice actors.

Back to World Dumbest, I love this show so much and I really love they've added continuatiy to the show. Like referencing Loni Love and John Enos' relationship since the love making chair episode.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2012 @ 3:19 AM

World's Dumbest Partiers 18: The Laundromat Nightclub clip reminded me of the episode of Spongebob Squarepants where Spongebob and Patrick took Mr. Crabs to "The Wash" aka the laundromat.

Yep.

And again with the Enos/Love bit... love it.

Lindenholly

Lindenholly

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

Mr. Lindenholly loves this show... and I love Mr. Lindenholly... so I'll watch. But a big "no" to Tonya Harding. Becoming famous for doing something utterly reprehensible just doesn't sit well with me.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 5:22 PM

I feel Tonya has paid her dues. Maybe because I feel sorry more for her than Nancy. Tonya couldn't go back to her livelyhood compared to any one else on the show. She seems settled now and I'm happy for her.

And it's not like she hit Nancy in the leg. Did she conspire? Maybe, maybe not. But she wasn't (to my knowledge) convicted of any crime. And I still hate the Figure Skating Federation for that ban.

And again with the Enos/Love bit... love it.

If only they, when Enos mentioned making a video of their wedding night, played bits of Enos and Love's love making chair skit. Hilarious.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

The Laundromat Nightclub clip reminded me of the episode of Spongebob Squarepants where Spongebob and Patrick took Mr. Crabs to "The Wash" aka the laundromat.

Ahhh gotta love Spongebob. I know it too well.

cstad

cstad

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Just discovered this show last night.... Oh My.... I now have a new favorite "I-just-want-a-good-laugh" show. This is like "The Best Week Ever" but even better!

Love the commentators.... even Todd Bridges.

I have to say that Tonya Harding is not that bad. She makes me laugh (I admit, not always a hard thing to do.)

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

I have to say that Tonya Harding is not that bad. She makes me laugh (I admit, not always a hard thing to do.)

Out of all the "celebrities" on the show Tonya is the one I like the least. She grates! And I just don't find her comments all that funny. Everyone else I really enjoy though.