World's Dumbest ( ) on Tru TV

• Please log in to reply

151 replies to this topic

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2009 @ 12:34 AM

I didn't see a thread for this show, so I figured I'd start one. It's become my new tv crack. :) The freakiest thing I ever saw on this show is a guy riding a snowmobile who had another snowmobile land on his head during a race, and lived! I think one of the reasons I like the show is that it gives me an excuse to watch Judy Gold & Loni Love in the same place.

millernate

millernate

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2009 @ 8:30 PM

Judy Gold and Loni Love are good (as is the cute girl who's a writer for 30 Rock, and that bald, seemingly gay stand-up comedian named Brad though is it just me or does Tonya Harding sound liquored up for some of her segments). I like all of the segments except (generally) the "World's Dumbest Daredevils" which was generally too pain inducing to enjoy (though they'll have some really freaking stuff on them).

Dumbest Criminals segments are generally good for a laugh.

This show is one of the numerous shows I enjoy when I stay at my father's and when I get cable back (when you are unemployed, you make some cutbacks, but I've been working about a month and a half now so...) I'm going to make sure that I get Tru TV to enjoy at home.

My one annoyance is that they will just thrown in segments that don't fit that episodes theme, which is weird (well...that and Danny Bonaduce as one of the celebrity commentators).

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2009 @ 3:53 PM

I love LONI LOVE. Thank you for making this a thread. Any chance I can see Loni Love ripping into how stupid people are, I will be there so I can get a good laugh.

dbljaygrl

dbljaygrl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2009 @ 8:15 PM

It's definitely a funny show, but every time they have Tanya Harding comment, I can't forget her past felonious acts against that sweet Nancy Kerrigan. I'm sure lots of people have fantasies about taking care of people in their lives that cause them static but never in a million years would ever hire a goon to take a club to the kneecaps of an innocent person!!! Deplorable!! Nuff said.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

It's definitely a funny show, but every time they have Tanya Harding comment, I can't forget her past felonious acts against that sweet Nancy Kerrigan.

So true. And it doesn't help that she hasn't changed her hairstyle after all these years either.

sofaslug

sofaslug

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 4:37 PM

I love LONI LOVE. Thank you for making this a thread. Any chance I can see Loni Love ripping into how stupid people are, I will be there so I can get a good laugh.

Same here. This stuff has become my guilty little pleasure.

millernate

millernate

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2009 @ 2:35 PM

Well, Tonya Harding's track record isn't as terrible as some that have appeared as commentators on this show (Amy Fischer, as a for instance, who was on the first season of the show). Though I can kind of agree, plus some episodes of the show really have her coming off as if she had...taken some strong cold medicine beforehand.

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2009 @ 3:53 PM

They have to get rid of Tonya Harding. She absolutely sucks as a commentator. Never mind that she never says anything remotely funny; her comments don't even make sense at face value. Her only use seems to be that, occasionally, they will cut to a Judy Gold or Nick DiPaolo dumbfounded stare afterward. That grows old after awhile.

I want to say the same thing about Leif Garrett, but he seems to have enough personality to slide by (though I am curious what hides under the scarves).

By the way, I know the comedians are in place to augment the "regular cast", but Judy Gold needs to either come down off her high horse or stop appearing. I get that she is better than this show - all the more reason not to do the show. It's not as if she has something better to do; I mean, I never see her on any other show. I would assume Nick is at the same level as her, but he takes it out on the clips.

i heart food

i heart food

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 3, 2009 @ 12:12 AM

This is my new favorite show! Sometimes when I start feeling bad about myself, I will think, "Is there anyone out there who has it worse than me?" Then this came on. And the answer is: Yes. Lots of people. There are people out there who really are That Stupid. My favorite is the Dumbest Criminals. Mr. Food and I were cracking up about the moron who broke into his former place of employment with NO MASK and with his LICENSE PLATE IN FULL VIEW and tried to steal not one, but TWO ATM machines in a station wagon. A station wagon?? Really? I have an SUV and I think I could barely fit one in.

Loni is the absolute best. She seems to say exactly what I'm thinking about these people, it's awesome. Get rid of Tonya Harding, she's useless.

Twilight Man

Twilight Man

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2009 @ 9:49 AM

EU says a third of Europeans never used Internet

I couldn't help but think of that one episode of "World's Dumbest Competitions"
(where so many of the "entries" were from England that even the narrator started to notice)
and I immeadiately said:

"I guess they're too busy kicking each other in the shins."

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2010 @ 11:04 PM

It took me a few months, but now I'm okay with Tonya Harding being on the show. Don't get me wrong - she is still horrible with the comments. The only thing worse is when they put her in sketches. But she is like the equivalent of "Family Guy"s Meg - used as an additional source of comedy.

I have to give it up to Todd Bridges. I really didn't expect him to be so naturally funny. Danny Bonaduce is always good at this stuff, so I'm not surprised that he knocks it out of the park. I don't think they give Todd lines to read (since they obviously don't give Tonya anyway), but he manages to hold his own with the various comics who round out the commentators.

valdawn

valdawn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

I have to give it up to Todd Bridges. I really didn't expect him to be so naturally funny

I agree, I really like him. I have a soft spot for him from Diff'rent strokes days. Him and Chuck Nice are my favorites.

ciiker123

ciiker123

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 2:12 PM

I'm sure lots of people have fantasies about taking care of people in their lives that cause them static but never in a million years would ever hire a goon to take a club to the kneecaps of an innocent person!!! Deplorable!! Nuff said.

Not to mention the fact that she was perfectly capable of earning a gold medal on her talent at the time as well which made it all the worse and needless. She is pretty much the village idiot on this show that is laughed at rather than with which is the case with the rest of commentators.

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2010 @ 2:49 PM

[Tonya] is pretty much the village idiot on this show that is laughed at rather than with which is the case with the rest of commentators.

As long as the checks cash, I guess, is her mindset. She and Leif get the worst of it, but Tonya is at the bottom there. There is a drinking game in taking a shot when she says "Hellooooo" - she must think that is a catch phrase of sorts.

rebl rn

rebl rn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2010 @ 10:43 PM

Yay! I finally found a thread for this show. I am totally addicted to it. I tell all my friends at work about the funny/stupid/insane/all of the above thing I saw on "World's Dumbest".

I don't mind Tonya too much, though I wouldn't miss her if she wasn't on the show any more.

Angelique21

Angelique21

Just Tuned In

Posted May 21, 2010 @ 9:13 PM

i love this show, :D poor leif always looks drugged out of his mind tho, IMO but it's a pretty awesome show

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

Just saw the latest show, Dumbest Partiers 10. Most of the clips were just ridiculous but I was in tears laughing at the #1 clip. That guy was so beyond drunk, haha. "It looks like this is a convenience store on an ocean liner in the middle of a terrible storm."

And I guess they're keeping Tanya Harding as a commentator? I wish they wouldn't.

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2010 @ 1:12 PM

How are there this many clips of 'dudes' getting drunk and/or doing stupid pranks? Plus, I don't get the goofiness of the 'friends' who derive enjoyment from seeing their friends damage themselves in these ways. Every time some dumbass fucks up, at least one of his buddies does that douche laugh.

Idiots. All of them.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Dec 13, 2010 @ 10:22 AM

I'd enjoy this show more if they didn't dub in goofy sound effects and one of the commentators, I presume, as the person in the clip talking to himself.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Dec 15, 2010 @ 4:45 PM

Leif is one of the participants of Celebrity Rehab (shocker, I know) and he wants to leave the facility because of the inane chatter going on. You'd think he'd be used to that after doing this show.

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2010 @ 11:55 AM

I've seen "Celebrity Rehab". Once. I wouldn't want to put up with a bunch of idiots 24x7 either. With "World's Dumbest", none of the others are usually there at the same time.

Some of the sound effects go a bit overboard, and the overdubbed voices used are mildly racist. Not "Amos and Andy" bad, but it's rather noticeable.

omgsowicked

omgsowicked

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2011 @ 11:28 PM

Worlds Dumbest Performers 6 - I'm surprised it took so long for them to show that ottoman humping video. That's been around for quite some time, no?

Was incredibly amused by the Gormley music video... nice weight shift!

sosweety1011

sosweety1011

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 28, 2011 @ 5:02 PM

I'm mildly embarrassed to say that Tonya Harding has grown on me, and even though only about 20% of her comments are actually funny, I think she's made a little niche for herself on this show. I remember one episode where everyone kept pretending they were on their way to Tonya's wedding. Made me laugh. (hey, maybe it doesn't take much these days) Yeah, the Nancy Kerrigan thing. Well, I'd say she's paid her dues for that misdeed, so I won't hold it against her.

Todd Bridges is one of my favorites, but many of them make me laugh. Danny Bonaduce, Sly Stallone's brother (very surprising), Lani Love of course, Judy Gold, Leif, the gay guy, the Baldwin brother. It's such a strange mish-mash but somehow it works.

The only one I really cringed at was the lady who used her huge chest region to smash watermelons and such. No, no, no, no, no!

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:15 AM

I am so this show's bitch. We watch it every Saturday night and laugh so much. I love the comments from every single one of them. I also love when they put costumes on and act out the dramatizations. I also like the voices they use in the clips. Who knows what they are really saying but they at least make them funny.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:43 AM

I guess the contract they had with the Smoking Gunn expired, since their logos have been changed for the show.

The voices they use can be a bit racist (like the ones for black people or from other countries), but it balances it since they use them for everyone like rednecks and such. No one is protected, even the commentators themselves, so I can't be too mad.

They even had voices for the fighting ducks on this past Thursday's Worlds Dumbest. I never laughed so much during that skit.

"You're mother was pigeon!"
"No she wasn't!"
"Yes she was!"

sosweety1011 I so agree with you regarding Tonya. My mother, rest her soul, and I felt really sorry for her during the Nancy Kerrigan thing. Sure we felt sorry for Nancy too, but Tonya couldn't go back to her lively hood like everyone else who had troubles could. At this point she's paid her dues (and even I found them a bit to excessive compared to what others have done), so I hope she finds happiness in her new marriage.

Edited by AkaneKitty, Feb 3, 2011 @ 10:49 AM.

eliza422

eliza422

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2011 @ 12:08 PM

This show is absolutely my guilty pleasure...

orangemm

orangemm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2011 @ 10:19 AM

When I watch this show I feel like someone on a diet who scarfs down a whole package of cookies when no one is looking. Guilty pleasure, indeed!

Are we the World's Dumbest for watching?

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2011 @ 12:48 AM

No, just addicted orangemm! I'll probably need to go on Intervention or something.

What's everyones favorite type of show? I like Dumbest Criminals and Drivers, with Brawlers and Partiers thrown in. And I'm sure I'm missing few.

I'm so glad TruTv gives us new episodes almost every week.

QueerGirrl

QueerGirrl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2011 @ 10:56 AM

I love this show! I think my favorites have been the Dumbest Performers.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2011 @ 8:32 PM

My favorites are Dumbest Drivers, Dumbest Partiers, and Smartest Inventions.