Tosh-O: Daniel Tosh, the New Joel McHale?

• Please log in to reply

87 replies to this topic

JoeSpacely

JoeSpacely

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2010 @ 3:26 PM

The way he dealt with the "horse vs moth" sales guy was great. He just wouldn't back down! I don't know why I liked it, but I did.

It was funny, especially since I think the guy really did know it wasn't a horse.

I still like Web Soup as well, and think Hardwick is great. But being on G4, with a limited budget, really does show. Tosh has much better segments, and is fearless when it comes to what he will say about a particular clip. Just when I think he's gone too far, he'll go even further, and I'm laughing hysterically.

Katrinawitch

Katrinawitch

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2010 @ 1:01 PM

Just started getting into this show. My teenage daughters got me into it. He's so goofy, irreverent, and so gosh darn cute! So cute! But I keep wanting to call him Peter Tosh. It's my reggae coming out, I guess. Just DVR'd a week's worth of shows.

shego219

shego219

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 3, 2010 @ 4:44 PM

This week's Entertainment Weekly features an interview/Personality Quiz with Tosh, who is hilarious as usual.

lmiller42

lmiller42

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 4, 2010 @ 4:54 AM

I can't wait for a new episode, so I can move on. Disturbingly, I can't get the image of last week's "rippin n' tearin', rippin' n' tearin" guy out of my head. He was worse than the puking for triggering my gag reflex. Blech.

buckeyegirl

buckeyegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

We just watched the episode from 8/11 episode with the kung fu bear (twirling the stick). He made a joke about the bear dotting the "i" in Script Ohio at Ohio State (and eating the "o"). Okay, as a former Ohio State Marching Band member, I enjoyed seeing Script Ohio, but what a random joke...

dick simple

dick simple

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 3:07 PM

I'm a 61-year-old male. Believe me, I know I am nowhere NEAR Tosh's demographic, but I just howl at this show. He is so refreshingly unmacho . . . willing to do anything for a laugh. I have a friend, 61-year-old female, who giggles at him just like I do. When he was applying the sunscreen to the underneath side of Carrot Top's man boobs . . . again, anything for a laugh. And when he was talking about that really fat baby: You couldn't feed THIS kid on 27 cents a day!"

I also think it's funny how he's always showing his body -- because it's just an AWFUL body . . . reminds me of my Grandpa Sweeny's.

And I think he's WAY funnier than Joel McHale.

Edited by dick simple, Aug 18, 2010 @ 3:08 PM.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 10:25 PM

I also think it's funny how he's always showing his body -- because it's just an AWFUL body . . . reminds me of my Grandpa Sweeny's.

Yeah, there just isn't much shape to it is there? He's built like Gumby....

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Aug 18, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

I love when Tosh does his "Spoiler Alerts". He not only gives away entire movies but goes into excruciating detail about just how awful they are. I watched "Orphan" then saw his commentary about it and everything he was ranting about was spot on. It was hilarious.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2010 @ 9:31 AM

So apparently my buddy Paul and his partner Steve were in last night's episode for a few seconds as the kissing couple (I fell asleep early and missed it, but I heard the segment was called "Moment for Men"). I know 99% of the content the show uses is for shock value, but still good for them.

Cap Streeter

Cap Streeter

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 20, 2010 @ 3:37 PM

DMike yeah there may have been a few people in the audience who were shocked but my friend and I both turned into Borat at that moment. Very nice.

lmiller42

lmiller42

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 6:00 PM

And I think he's WAY funnier than Joel McHale.

It makes me sad to admit it, but last week I said out loud that The Soup seems sort of slow and sad now compared to Tosh. And I love Joel. We saw him live. (For us, quite a big deal.) MrMiller thinks it's because clips of regular people are just funnier than celebrities, but I guess I lean toward thinking that while comedy is hard, comedy over time is even harder.

Does anyone have his exact quote when he was talking about how weather reports talk about visibility? It was something like, "Visibility is 2 miles? I'm not a hawk. I don't have to hunt for my dinner." I still laugh about that one, and it was two weeks ago.

Ankai

Ankai

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 6:16 PM

I know 99% of the content the show uses is for shock value, but still good for them.

What was the context of the actual clip outside of the show? Was it just them kissing or was there more than that?

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2010 @ 11:13 PM

Paul says just kissing. He's a video blogger and his partner of six years walked in with some surprise during one of his posts.

Katrinawitch

Katrinawitch

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 24, 2010 @ 9:33 AM

I love when Tosh does his "Spoiler Alerts". He not only gives away entire movies but goes into excruciating detail about just how awful they are. I watched "Orphan" then saw his commentary about it and everything he was ranting about was spot on. It was hilarious.

Ditto to the spoilers of "The Human Centipede"! I had heard about this movie before (not that I ever thought about seeing it... ew!), but his review just lodged it in my head permanently. So gross, yet so funny!

Ankai

Ankai

Stalker

Posted Aug 24, 2010 @ 1:17 PM

The Orphan one seemed edited, even with that four minutes of extra footage at the end, there seemed to be several cuts in the main bit.

He's a video blogger and his partner of six years walked in with some surprise during one of his posts.

Okay then. I suppose that the surprise was a kiss?

IseutLaBrune

IseutLaBrune

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2010 @ 1:04 PM

Tosh is a Wednesday-night fixture in our house! I think he's hilarious, and in an awesome he'd-be-great-to-have-a-beer-with kind of way.

That said, last week's episode seriously grossed me out. The only thing I really don't like about this show is the puking...just can't handle it. So we had the puking wedding girl (which, the situation was hilarious, as was the freeze shot he used to talk about it; I just can't handle actually watching the puke in action), and then the TRAMPOLINE GUY! Holy eff. I sprained my ankle about a month ago and it still hurts like a bitch; watching that guy's ankle bent in such a wrong, wrong, wrong sick and evil way and then the bone sticking out *shudder* nearly made me puke too. And then we got the tooth pulling guy.

I love your show, Tosh, but I'd rather not pass out while watching it, thanks!

Edited by IseutLaBrune, Aug 25, 2010 @ 1:05 PM.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2010 @ 5:44 PM

I watch this one on occassion and it never fails to make me laugh. I'm not sure which "web redemption" is my fav: the cheerleader who got tun over by the football players, or the fat goth guy with the rat tail in the front.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2010 @ 5:22 PM

I have to say, Tosh is one funny guy. I laugh out loud--and hard--watching this show. I especially love when he makes himself look ridiculous, always with that goofy smile on his face, like when he had the little girl on who was singing to herself about the things she loved, Tosh showed up in a wee bit too small pajamas singing as well. Love this show.

Hasbro

Hasbro

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2011 @ 11:25 PM

Sarah McGlaglan playing over an Orangutan pissing in its own mouth. Low brow hilarity.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2011 @ 10:16 PM

Could somebody please tell me what night Tosh.0 is on? How many new episodes have there been this new season? Thanks.

Wackadoo82

Wackadoo82

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2011 @ 10:53 AM

It's on tuesday's at 10:00 now and there have been two new episodes so far this season. The third airs tommorrow night.

slasherboy

slasherboy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2011 @ 12:23 AM

Thanks wackadoo82 ... great moniker.

TMC1982

TMC1982

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2011 @ 2:32 AM

I'm I the only one who finds it rather spooky that Christina Aguilera botching the 'National Anthem' at the Super Bowl happened about five days after Natalie "The National Anthem Girl" Gilbert's "Web Redemption" first aired (including Daniel's own Super Bowl XLV "prediction")?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2011 @ 1:06 PM

Yeah, I wondered about that!

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

Uh, that disgusting video that he showed the audience but couldn't show on the show. Well, it was so gross that they weren't even allowed to post it on the website so Tosh put a link to it on his Twitter. For those who don't want to watch it, it really is the grossest thing I have personally ever seen. It was a two minute video of a maggot-infested penis! I mean this thing went on forever.

stellamystar

stellamystar

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 7, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

Turkish - my husband was just wondering about that Top Secret video. Thanks for the update. I will warn him.

What happened to that "other" video he wanted the viewers to guess? It showed Tosh's reaction only while he was watching it.

88Keys

88Keys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 8:35 PM

Bendy ankles, Tosh drinking urine samples, and a guy peeing into his own mouth....I discovered last week that this is not the show to watch while pregnant. I kept having to turn my head.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 12:13 AM

I have to thank the show for improving my reflexes, 88Keys. I've gotten really good at averting my eyes quickly at the slightest hint of a vomit video.

Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 2:50 PM

I never eat while I'm watching this show, but I think it's hilarious. My favorite clips so far have been the disgusting animal videos with the Sarah McLachlan song in the background, and the, "I'm a snaaaake" guy. My friends and I still say that to each other on occasion, and I've toyed with the idea of making a little snake hat with a forked tongue and going as that guy for Halloween next year.

Rootz

Rootz

Just Tuned In

Posted May 18, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

I was pleasantly surprised to see a new episode last night. I didn't think it was as strong as a return from a hiatus should have been, however.

Vomit alert, BTW.