Holly Montag: Not My Sister or Her Keeper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

20 replies to this topic

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

Holly was a breath of fresh air in the stagnant jungle last night! She came in ready to rumble and kick ass, thank the goddesses. Too bad Janice sank her claws into the poor girl first, since she not the best alliance to form. But I have hope that this sister is gonna actually particpate in the show with a minimum of Diva Drama. *fingers crossed*

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 9:10 PM

Wow! Tonight was the first episode that I've seen with Holly. I'm shocked that she's a nice, normal, likeable person. I've only seen little bits of Laguna Beach/The Hills, but based on that and Speidi's appearance on this show, I figured the whole lot of them were self-absorbed losers. Color me surprised.

FashionVictim19

FashionVictim19

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 11:10 PM

Holly is a very minimal character on The Hills - but she's never liked Spencer and has said so. She's been very sane, not involved with the drama and friendly with all of the girls - I'm not surprised to see her being likeable and ready to go with the events. I always thought she was too normal for The Hills!

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2009 @ 11:51 PM

I don't watch The Hills, so I had no idea what she would be like. She's certainly a lot different from her sister and I mean as a compliment. It's really impressive how she has gone in there and been good in competitions.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2009 @ 11:10 PM

Since I've missed a good deal of this show the past week I'm curious... has she been asked about her sister and her bother-in-law, er... brother-in-law? Or was it just all kind of glossed over after the garbage got taken out for the final time?

And if so, what did she say?

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 16, 2009 @ 12:57 AM

Holly was quizzed by various members of the camp about how she felt about Spencer. She admitted she didn't like him. I think it was Daniel Baldwin who said that meant they could clue her in on how he behaved in camp. She also mentioned that Heidi is easily influenced by whoever she thinks is important to her. She said it used to be their mother and now it's Spencer.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2009 @ 8:24 AM

Was the gist of it "Heidi isn't so bad when she doesn't have her leech attached", or "Heidi is too stupid to know better", or finally was she just silent on the subject of Heidi's role in the idiocy entirely?

And what did the others say about Holly in the confessional? That she's the anti-Heidi? That all the brains went to one place in that genetic pool? Or was it just a "Thank god we got the good one"!

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2009 @ 8:54 AM

I think the impression I had was that Holly thinks that Heidi is just a little too much of a follower who tries too hard to please people. Not that Heidi's lacking in intelligence or anything, in Holly's eyes. Heidi's just lacking in self-confidence. She picks someone to please and it becomes all about that. She gains her self-worth from pleasing that person. Holly didn't say that directly, but that was the impression she left on me.

So far as what the others are saying, it's pretty much, "This one is SO much easier to take." They've also remarked that Holly seems to really throw herself into the challenges. That's appreciated. That, and they're all completely amused by the relationship developing between Holly and Sanjaya.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

I am not a Hills watcher myself but from what I have seen of Holly, I am sure as hell shocked that she and Heidi are sisters. What the hell did the parents do right here? She is cute, spunky and a charmer. She is so much more mature than her sister.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Jun 18, 2009 @ 10:32 PM

I'm not devoted to the Hills, but I have seen bits and pieces of it. The only time I ever saw Holly on the show, she was wasted at Heidi's rehearsal dinner, alternately crying and making nonsense toasts, and then she threw food or something at Heidi and dissolved into tears. She seemed wonderful on I'm a Celebrity though, and that was probably an isolated incident on The Hills.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2009 @ 11:52 PM

What I really appreciated about Holly was that it seemed like she was a real, genuine person who never played to the camera. She kind of seemed like a regular person instead of a "celebrity" who is jaded about fame and the like. She understands her place in the world, which is just awesome. And PLUS, she actually has a vocabulary and doesn't use the word "like" every other word. And when she pulled Janice aside, I thought that was very mature. She was in it for the experience, and I'm so glad she had one and met another genuine friend in Sanjaya.

There is hope in the Hills!!!

hockeypuck2

hockeypuck2

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 19, 2009 @ 12:36 AM

I don't watch "The Hills", so I had no opinion of Holly prior to her being on this show. I was impressed by how she handled herself. She had a wonderful attitude and was in it for the competition. I really think she doesn't think of herself as a celebrity at this point in her life. I think this because of a comment made during one of their fireside chats. It was the one about when did you get your big break. She said she didn't think she had gotten her big break, yet.

I was really sad to see her get voted off tonight. She had a wonderful attitude and tried really hard.

Machiabelly

Machiabelly

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2009 @ 3:25 PM

Not sure how or where it happened, but I love her a little

Laurgan

Laurgan

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2009 @ 9:31 PM

I hope she gets off of the Hills. She's better than that. Or at least seems like it.

I saw (or read) some interview where she said she likes comedy and improv, I think. And had finished writing a screenplay. I also think she said her dream was to be on SNL. So I hope she can find some real success and not end up like her yucky sister.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2009 @ 9:46 PM

Holly is so cheerful, upbeat and sweet. She is, in reality, what Heidi claims to be, but isn't.

TotalMagnum357

TotalMagnum357

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 7:54 AM

After watching that Last Chance Saloon challenge between her and John, I now have newfound respect for Holly. Not only is her attitude great, it was also clear that she made John sweat in that challenge and came close to beating him. I can't picture her dimwitted sister pulling off a feat like that.

On a side note: The outcome at the Last Chance Saloon challenge would've possibly been different if Patti was the lowest vote-getter and not John. *shakes head*

JazzzHands

JazzzHands

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 3:49 PM

Can someone fill me in on what happened to Holly? I thought I saw all the episodes but must've missed something. The previous episode I watched showed Holly getting voted (over Janice D) to return to the jungle camp after her first elimination, and that episode ended with Holly in her bikini getting all cozy with Sanjaya in the river. The next episode I saw (last night) Holly was simply gone and we were down to the final 5 (Patty, Sanjaya, LDP, John and Torrie) before the double elimination of Sanjaya and Patty. I kept waiting for some mention of why Holly was gone again, so when it was never mentioned I figured I missed an episode somehow. So when and how did Holly get her second boot from the jungle?

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 4:16 PM

She lost the challenge against John Salley in which they had to drink shakes supposedly made from scorpoins, spiders, etc. My theory is that the shakes were just vanilla shakes doctored up with crushed oreos, etc., but who knows?!
John apparently had the least number of votes and had to earn the right to stay. Holly had to go against him because she was the one who was allowed to return to camp.

ThatGrrl

ThatGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 4:20 PM

Jazzzhands, you only watched the first hour on Monday. It was a 2-hour episode. The second hour contained the bug drink challenge that Babalooie describes. They're tricky with those surprise double eps!

JazzzHands

JazzzHands

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2009 @ 5:01 PM

Thanks, both of you, for the 4-1-1. It was driving me ca-razy.

Glass Ocean

Glass Ocean

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2009 @ 12:05 AM

My theory is that the shakes were just vanilla shakes doctored up with crushed oreos, etc.

They did show that bit where Holly and John were picking insect legs out of their teeth between drink rounds. Ptooie! But I do agree with what another poster guessed was that the show took actual drinks and added the ground-up insects to the normal liquids. Hey, John even took an extra swig of the final drink with hot chilis and something that looked suspiciously like OJ.